Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 8 of 10
Rolling Stones - Macau China March 9
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: March 10, 2014 16:18

China Foto Press

China Foto Press

Re: Macau China March 9 Rolling Stones 2014 show live updates
Posted by: Angerena ()
Date: March 10, 2014 16:41

Keith is always great.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: March 10, 2014 16:45

EddieByword
with sssoul
Green Lady
GOOMC by request

as in Get Off of MaCau? But they just got there! :E

funny

Hey, hey, you, you get offa Macau............

Oh no...........Love you live is never gonna be the same again.........>grinning smiley<

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-10 16:47 by EddieByword.

Date: March 10, 2014 18:04

[/video]

Video Medley Macau

Date: March 10, 2014 18:08

[/video]

Brown Sugar (End Part)

Date: March 10, 2014 18:12

[/video]

Slipping Away (w. Mick Taylor)

Date: March 10, 2014 18:18

[/video]

Part Of Band Intro & Slipping Away (w. Mick Taylor)

Date: March 10, 2014 18:20

Doom & Gloom

[/video]

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: March 10, 2014 18:21

Dandie, can you tell me where Taylor does some nice licks in the latter SA video? I have problems finding it out (crappy ears as you know) and someone said Taylor was playing great, but I didn't hear it (or maybe that poster was pointing at his backing vocal).

Date: March 10, 2014 18:25

Midnight Rambler (w. Mick Taylor) - Complete

Date: March 10, 2014 18:29

Miss You (Complete)

[/video]

Date: March 10, 2014 18:32

Paint It Black (End missing)

[/video]

Date: March 10, 2014 18:56

Tumbling Dice (missing the beginn)

[/video]

Posted by: MrsHop ()
Date: March 10, 2014 18:59

Some great, energetic performances here. Probably should reserve this for the complaints thread, but what the Hell:
WHAT IN GOD'S NAME is Keith wearing nowadays?- he looks like he's shown a Cheerleader 'the blade' & stolen her outfit!

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-10 23:36 by MrsHop.

Date: March 10, 2014 19:35

Honky Tonk Women

[/video]

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 10, 2014 20:15

From [Twitter.com] - dismantling of the stage in Macau:

Posted by: latvianinexile ()
Date: March 10, 2014 21:36

Limbostone
iorr.org news
The Rolling Stones performed the first arena show of the 14 On Fire tour tonight in Macau, China, featuring the same arena stage as used during the 2012-2013 shows.

This of course is not entirely the case. The 'upper lip' is missing, as you can see in the JJF video. In 2012/2013 the upper lip was there for the first few songs. The idea of the circular ramp forming a part of the tongue-and-lip design logo is way less clear this way.

Off course, not bringing the upper lip is cheaper. And naturally, ticketprices of arenashows give every reason to cut costs.

Here's what I mean:
source: the iorr.org O2/1 review page.

Being in the venue I thought there maybe wasn't enough space for the upper lip. But if you compare thes photos you see there would have been.

Posted by: chatoyancy ()
Date: March 10, 2014 21:39

Keith said recently that he likes to change his solos sometimes,
improvise to make them new and different. Don't mistake these
improvisations for mistakes.

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: March 10, 2014 21:40

It also seems that the yellow drapes have been updated with the "rising sun" theme, similar to that of the stadium stage.

Posted by: paulm ()
Date: March 10, 2014 23:36

Keith is playing much better in this show: timing's on, and fingers going to right places. Happy to see him like this.

Date: March 11, 2014 00:34

kleermaker
Dandie, can you tell me where Taylor does some nice licks in the latter SA video? I have problems finding it out (crappy ears as you know) and someone said Taylor was playing great, but I didn't hear it (or maybe that poster was pointing at his backing vocal).

At 00:32 and 03:28. Only short licks this time...

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: March 11, 2014 00:42

Taylorfans: Hang in there! If there are any left of you? I'm sure he will be allowed to do a solo on SA soon...

Date: March 11, 2014 01:08

DandelionPowderman
kleermaker

At 00:32 and 03:28. Only short licks this time...

Thanks Dandie, I heard that nice, typical Taylor lick at 0:32. Will listen to the one at 3:28. All in all nothing special.

Date: March 11, 2014 01:12

Stoneage
Taylorfans: Hang in there! If there are any left of you? I'm sure he will be allowed to do a solo on SA soon...

I think there are still two or three hanging in here.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: March 11, 2014 01:26

I notice they had Start Me Up on the list this time. Wasn't that among the ones they were forbidden by the government to do on their last visit during ABB? Why the change this time? Has the Chinese government joined the modern world at last?

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 11, 2014 01:28

Limbostone
iorr.org news
The Rolling Stones performed the first arena show of the 14 On Fire tour tonight in Macau, China, featuring the same arena stage as used during the 2012-2013 shows.

This of course is not entirely the case. The 'upper lip' is missing, as you can see in the JJF video. In 2012/2013 the upper lip was there for the first few songs. The idea of the circular ramp forming a part of the tongue-and-lip design logo is way less clear this way.

Off course, not bringing the upper lip is cheaper. And naturally, ticketprices of arenashows give every reason to cut costs.

I understand what you are saying, and in a way you are right, but also wrong... I have made my comment on the subject in a new thread titled:

The arena stage during "14 On Fire" : [www.iorr.org]

Bjornulf

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 11, 2014 01:38

I don't know if it is relevant at all vs performance, probably not. But still...

The humidity in Macau was extreme. It was something like 70% - 80%. Almost rain but not really, just very humid. I am rather sensitive to the humidity so I had to walk and train a lot in Macau to get rid of the worst pain, you simply feel it in your bones and all of the body if it is too high humidity and you are sensitive. If some of the Stones have the same problem I am sure they would feel the same, but I would not call it a major problem. Still, if you are really having rheumatic issues, then Macau and that area is not the place to be.

Bjornulf

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: March 11, 2014 02:04

bv
I don't know if it is relevant at all vs performance, probably not. But still...

The humidity in Macau was extreme. It was something like 70% - 80%. Almost rain but not really, just very humid. I am rather sensitive to the humidity so I had to walk and train a lot in Macau to get rid of the worst pain, you simply feel it in your bones and all of the body if it is too high humidity and you are sensitive. If some of the Stones have the same problem I am sure they would feel the same, but I would not call it a major problem. Still, if you are really having rheumatic issues, then Macau and that area is not the place to be.

High humidity is much worse than simply high temperatures, no wonder you were wiped out, Bjornulf. If can also give you a wicked headache, especially if you're prone to migraines. The humidity here can be very oppressive, spend a summer in Washington DC and you'll understand why it's a ghost town in August.

Hope you're feeling better now.

Posted by: petewasbristol ()
Date: March 11, 2014 02:14

stonehearted
I notice they had Start Me Up on the list this time. Wasn't that among the ones they were forbidden by the government to do on their last visit during ABB? Why the change this time? Has the Chinese government joined the modern world at last?

Although China has the deeds to Macau it cannot interfere with macau till 2049. Like Hong Kong, Macau is free to use it's own laws, currency etc until the time comes...

Shanghai will be totally different though.

Posted by: Brstonesfan ()
Date: March 11, 2014 03:12

Are we certain this show was sold out or almost full? Will these shows be close to the 4.5 million gross we need to maintain highest gross in industry?

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 8 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1650
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home