Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112Next
Current Page: 11 of 12
Re: Happy Halloween
Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: November 1, 2013 00:15

Carnaby
Happy Halloween to Anita Pallenberg -

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

After stocking up on groceries, the 65-year-old former model emerged from the store in Chichester, looking grumpy as she lit a cigarette.

You'd be looking grumpy too if a total stranger were staring at you and stalking you with a camera while you do something as non-attention-grabbing as food shopping.

Since when is a supermarket entrance supposed to be a fashion runway? I don't have to guess that the photographer in question was not polite enough to ask before snapping the photos.

Well, at least we know what Brian would be looking like, at least when going food shopping, had he lived to be 65 to 70.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: November 1, 2013 00:19

This are pictures from year or so ago..............

Posted by: vudicus ()
Date: November 1, 2013 01:11

NICOS
This are pictures from year or so ago..............

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: November 1, 2013 01:32

Wasnt there a Halloween thread around here somewhere?

I was gonna make another post... but... uhmm.... SMH... oh well.

TRICK OR TREAT

Posted by: Rollin' Stoner ()
Date: November 1, 2013 01:39

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: November 1, 2013 02:10

Y'know, Big Al, it took me years of living in the US before I "got" Halloween (kids, kandy, kostumes). When it first started to catch on in the UK, I remember my family comparing trick-or-treating to begging, because kids would just knock on strangers' doors asking for candy, without even getting the point that they were supposed to wear costumes, i.e. make a bit of effort.

But anyway, I love it now, and the rain has stopped so I'm wondering when the first little tyke is going to show up, getting a bit late . . .

(Btw thank you stonehearted for saying what I was going to say about that Anita pic.)

Date: November 1, 2013 02:29

Aquamarine
thank you for saying what I was going to say about that Anita pic.

No problem, Aquamarine. It was my (dis)pleasure.

Posted by: MILKYWAY ()
Date: November 1, 2013 02:47

I certainly wasn't trying to criticize Big Al. I just disagree.

I have great memories of going trick or treating in Quantico, VA at its US Marine Corps base. The barracks held contests as to which one could create the best Haunted House. These marines went all out with decorations AND candy, so the ultimate winners would be the kids.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 1, 2013 03:34

MILKYWAY
Big Al
There are notices in our apartment block warning against trick-or-treating. We're thrilled. naturally.

I would not be. I remember how much I liked Halloween when I was a child, so I always give out candy.

Halloween without trick or treaters is like Christmas without Santa.

smileys with beer

It's starting...3 groups of trick-or-treaters so far...the street is becoming alive with little ghouls!

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: November 1, 2013 04:17

Aquamarine
Y'know, Big Al, it took me years of living in the US before I "got" Halloween (kids, kandy, kostumes). When it first started to catch on in the UK, I remember my family comparing trick-or-treating to begging, because kids would just knock on strangers' doors asking for candy, without even getting the point that they were supposed to wear costumes, i.e. make a bit of effort.

Yeah, I guess I'll come round, ha-ha. However, if you think I'm going to call sweets 'candy', you can forget it! It's 'sweets' or 'sweeties'!

My parents always hated trick-or-treating because, like you've pointed out, kids would just knock on strangers doors and expect a handout. Btw, if you say 'trick', what do you usually get?

Date: November 1, 2013 05:01

Big Al
if you say 'trick', what do you usually get?

Here, let Rik Mayall explain the rules of trick or treat....

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: November 1, 2013 08:44

Big Al
[ However, if you think I'm going to call sweets 'candy', you can forget it! It's 'sweets' or 'sweeties'!

Sorry, I'm bilingual. winking smiley

Posted by: MILKYWAY ()
Date: November 1, 2013 17:51

treaclefingers
MILKYWAY
Big Al
There are notices in our apartment block warning against trick-or-treating. We're thrilled. naturally.

I would not be. I remember how much I liked Halloween when I was a child, so I always give out candy.

smileys with beer

It's starting...3 groups of trick-or-treaters so far...the street is becoming alive with little ghouls!

Sadly, we only got two small groups. Five trick or treaters all told. It was raining, which really put a damper on the evening.

Now, what to do with almost six full bags of candy?

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: November 1, 2013 18:17

MILKYWAY
treaclefingers
MILKYWAY
Big Al

smileys with beer

Sadly, we only got two small groups. Five trick or treaters all told. It was raining, which really put a damper on the evening.

Now, what to do with almost six full bags of candy?

Bring them into work, MILKYWAY, they'll go quick. Also, you can always donate them to a local hospital for the children's ward.

Re: Undercover -A really great L.P
Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: November 3, 2013 00:36

treaclefingers
LeonidP
treaclefingers
LeonidP
treaclefingers
LeonidP
GasLightStreet
treaclefingers
LeonidP
treaclefingers
LeonidP
treaclefingers
NICOS
Too Much Blood is the only highlight on this album

Seriously? I mean if you like Too Much Blood, how is it that you don't like Undercover of the Night, or Pretty Beat Up or Tie You Up?

I can get not liking the album, but to like that song and not the rest is perplexing to me.

You just listed your top stones albums above, and put Tattoo You and Undercover above albums like Sticky and Exile ... and you question where this guy is coming from??? (although I do have to agree with one thing, as Too Much Blood is the only bad song on this album).

You need to reread my post, that isn't at all what I said...

Actually its exactly what you said:

"You've got your big four, Tattoo You, Some Girls, Between The Buttons, Aftermath, Black and Blue, Undercover."

Although I guess if I didn't scan over it too quickly I would have seen that you listed more than 4 and possibly figured it out.

Dear lord, you've reread it and you still don't know what 'your big four' means? I'm hereby revoking your fan club membership and placing you on citizen's arrest.

You'll be detained for questioning...oh you're in real trouble now my friend.

LeonidP, how is "your big four, Tattoo You, Some Girls, Between The Buttons, Aftermath, Black and Blue, Undercover" confused for not including Beggars, LIB, SF and EOMS?

He did not say "your big four" meaning Tattoo You, Some Girls, Between The Buttons, Aftermath, Black and Blue, Undercover" because, in case you can't count that, that's SIX albums. Nor did he list those 6 albums before the Big Four.

You must've eaten a funny cookie.

ummm... like I said, I scanned and did not count. Nonetheless it would have been his miscount, not mine, as it was his list.

Don't make your denseness my issue please. It would have been my 'miscount', had I miscounted anything...but I didn't, you did. Why you're trying to justify your miscalculation is mystifying. Let it go dude.

How would it be my miscount? It was your post.

Look...proving I'm dense over & over stopped being fun for me days ago.

Okay, I'll stop, proving you wrong was enough, no need for me to rub it in!

Your in dangerous territory when you quote someone, and change their post to endeavour making them look bad. I would suggest to you it's way simpler to just read before you decide to attack someone, so you're not left looking like a bit of a moron.

Unfortunately, now you've added deceitful to your list of attributes Leonid. Careful my friend.

Huh ... sorry if i made you look bad, i thought you were doing that well enough yourself ...

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: November 3, 2013 00:44

6 + 4 = 10...

Which is...the big four, Tattoo You, Some Girls, Between The Buttons, Aftermath, Black And Blue and Undercover.

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: November 3, 2013 02:56

GasLightStreet
6 + 4 = 10...

Which is...the big four, Tattoo You, Some Girls, Between The Buttons, Aftermath, Black And Blue and Undercover.

hey, you can add! -- congrats!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-11-03 02:56 by LeonidP.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: November 3, 2013 04:43

stonehearted

Well, at least we know what Brian would be looking like, at least when going food shopping, had he lived to be 65 to 70.

He already looked like that by 1969. hot smiley

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 3, 2013 05:25

LeonidP
GasLightStreet
6 + 4 = 10...

Don't worry about it skippy, the guy's a tool.

Posted by: FortuneTeller800 ()
Date: November 3, 2013 11:47

GasLightStreet
6 + 4 = 10...

Yes, I too would add a good many other albums up there, almost next to the Big 4. Actually the Big 5 (incl. Ya-Yas).
To all the ones you list can we add "Bridges to Babylon", "Goat's Head Soup", and "Hitmakers"?

Date: November 3, 2013 23:44

LeonidP
GasLightStreet
6 + 4 = 10...

I noticed after SEVERAL posts that you were still CONFUSED.

Posted by: Screamer ()
Date: November 8, 2013 12:05

Happy 30th birthday, Undercover! smileys with beer

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: November 8, 2013 12:15

Screamer

Happy 30th birthday, Undercover! smileys with beer

You're right - Undercover was released first on 7th November 1983, see Wikipedia.

So happy 30th Birthday from me too ..... it was my 1st Studio album from the Stones smiling smiley

Date: November 8, 2013 13:27

My second Stones album. Still sounds great!

Unbelievable that 30 years have passed, though smileys with beer

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: November 8, 2013 13:32

Why Halloween and UNDERCOVER are put together? What is the link?eye popping smiley

- Doxa

Date: November 8, 2013 13:45

While we're at it, here's a Too Tough outtake I hadn't heard before.

Interesting to learn that it seems like Keith was quite instrumental here. Listen to the chorus smiling smiley

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: November 8, 2013 15:17

The cover was so shocking at the time, I remember. Pure Stones provocation.
Some gems in this LP. Feel On baby (extended 12" is great too) and Tie you up. These ones are very creative.
Too tough is a roborative rhythmic tune very Bill/Charlie one. The cymbals play is amazing

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Date: November 8, 2013 17:46

FortuneTeller800
GasLightStreet
6 + 4 = 10...

Yes, I too would add a good many other albums up there, almost next to the Big 4. Actually the Big 5 (incl. Ya-Yas).
To all the ones you list can we add "Bridges to Babylon", "Goat's Head Soup", and "Hitmakers"?

It's not my list so I can not add those. You will have to contact the originator of that list to find out if it is possible to add those to the list. If not you can hire an outside list maker and make your own list.

Posted by: rob51 ()
Date: November 9, 2013 06:08

Crap lp and the beginning of the end.

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: November 9, 2013 12:07

DandelionPowderman
While we're at it, here's a Too Tough outtake I hadn't heard before.

Interesting to learn that it seems like Keith was quite instrumental here. Listen to the chorus smiling smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112Next
Current Page: 11 of 12

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1889
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home