Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...241242243244245246247248249250251...LastNext
Current Page: 246 of 257
Re: Keith Richards solo album 'Crosseyed Heart' - out September 18
Posted by: matxil ()
Date: June 13, 2016 21:12

Bashlets
I really love this album. Still holds up and to my ears no real clunkers. I seriously don't think the upcoming stones album will hold up next to it. I hope I'm wrong

I feel the same way, and I hope I'm wrong too..

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: June 13, 2016 21:59

There never was a Stones-album that stood behind any solo-album (not even Steel Wheels). Won´t be different this time.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: June 14, 2016 09:23

matxil
Bashlets
I really love this album. Still holds up and to my ears no real clunkers. I seriously don't think the upcoming stones album will hold up next to it. I hope I'm wrong

I feel the same way, and I hope I'm wrong too..

Me too...i'm scared of other songs like Sweet Neo Con, Look what the cat dragged in or Streets of Love. Please Mick, save that stuff for your next solo album!

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: June 14, 2016 10:05

powerage78
What about the record sells ?

from Billboard U.S. 10-2-15:
"...Keith Richards earns his highest charting solo album ever, as Crosseyed Heart debuts at No. 11. His previous high was logged with 1988’s Talk Is Cheap, which rose to No. 24. The new set, which is his third solo studio effort, arrives with 34,000 units (of which 33,000 are from pure album sales). That sales sum is also his largest sales week since Nielsen Music began tracking sales in 1991."

I can't seem to get total figures for the last nine months, if anything significant from other places in the world. I know it was easy to get into and enjoy.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: June 14, 2016 17:35

Bashlets

Eh, there are a few Stones albums that don't hold up next to this one or his other 2... easily the last 5 Stones albums. There may be more.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: June 14, 2016 19:22

GasLightStreet
Bashlets

Eh, there are a few Stones albums that don't hold up next to this one or his other 2... easily the last 5 Stones albums. There may be more.

I'm looking forward to being shocked(in a great way) by the next Stones album. They won't disappoint this time…...>grinning smiley<

Crosseyed Heart
Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: July 12, 2016 14:06

Any thoughts as to when this album was actually recorded.

I'm thinking some tracks may have been laid down post Main Offender.

Thoughts ?

Re: Crosseyed Heart
Posted by: tumblingdice ()
Date: July 12, 2016 14:46

Pretty sure all the tracks were laid down post Main Offender.

Date: July 12, 2016 16:52

Seeing that the recording sessions for CROSSEYED HEART were from 2011-2014 at Germano Studios and One East Recording in NYC and Brooklyn Recording on Long Island and Royal Recording Studios, Memphis, Tennessee and MAIN OFFENDER's sessions were in 1992 at various studios in and near NYC...

Yeah, CROSSEYED HEART was done post MAIN OFFENDER by 19 years.

Re: First Anniversary of Release of "Crosseyed Heart" coming up
Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: July 30, 2016 21:59

TeddyB1018
Rocky Dijon
There are a lot of very good songs on it, but it is my least favorite of his three efforts. Likely because this one felt like a compilation of tracks rather than an album. Still, it was a very pleasant surprise and some of it shocked me that Keith had it in him. I would still love to hear more from the 2000 and 2001 sessions Rob Fraboni produced and Ben Elliot engineered with George Receli on drums. The two tracks we have from Studio L are absolutely amazing.

Favorites one year on would be "Robbed Blind," "Lover's Plea" (at one point the brass is identical to Keith's version of "You Win Again"), and "Nothing On Me."

And yeah, Terry, one listen to "Something Else" from the Japanese telecast in 1993 is just stunning.

To which ones from Studio L do you refer?

Very belated response to Teddy. The two tracks from Studio L with George Receli that were done with Rob Fraboni and Ben Ellliot were "You Win Again" and "Still a Fool." I could listen to those all day. Alongside "Key to the Highway" from 1991 with Steve Jordan on drums, they have a vintage feel that electrifies me on each listen. I would love to hear more from Keith and Receli. Interestingly, to my ears, his style is very reminiscent of Steve Jordan.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-07-30 22:01 by Rocky Dijon.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: July 30, 2016 22:40

Rocky Dijon
...The two tracks from Studio L with George Receli that were done with Rob Fraboni and Ben Ellliot were "You Win Again" and "Still a Fool." I could listen to those all day. Alongside "Key to the Highway" from 1991 with Steve Jordan on drums, they have a vintage feel that electrifies me on each listen. I would love to hear more from Keith and Receli. Interestingly, to my ears, his style is very reminiscent of Steve Jordan.

Hey Rocky, many thanks for turning me toward Keith's Still a Fool...wow! Wasn't aware either that the Stones had done a take on this song in 68...double wow!

An another note - my son thanked me yesterday for leaving Talk is Cheap in his car, says he's been playing it nonstop for the past month. Keith is the gift that keeps on giving. smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-07-30 22:42 by latebloomer.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: July 30, 2016 22:40

Rocky Dijon
TeddyB1018
Rocky Dijon
There are a lot of very good songs on it, but it is my least favorite of his three efforts. Likely because this one felt like a compilation of tracks rather than an album. Still, it was a very pleasant surprise and some of it shocked me that Keith had it in him. I would still love to hear more from the 2000 and 2001 sessions Rob Fraboni produced and Ben Elliot engineered with George Receli on drums. The two tracks we have from Studio L are absolutely amazing.

Favorites one year on would be "Robbed Blind," "Lover's Plea" (at one point the brass is identical to Keith's version of "You Win Again"), and "Nothing On Me."

And yeah, Terry, one listen to "Something Else" from the Japanese telecast in 1993 is just stunning.

To which ones from Studio L do you refer?

Very belated response to Teddy. The two tracks from Studio L with George Receli that were done with Rob Fraboni and Ben Ellliot were "You Win Again" and "Still a Fool." I could listen to those all day. Alongside "Key to the Highway" from 1991 with Steve Jordan on drums, they have a vintage feel that electrifies me on each listen. I would love to hear more from Keith and Receli. Interestingly, to my ears, his style is very reminiscent of Steve Jordan.

I would love to hear two songs recorded with Jack White, 'High or Low' recorded in 2001 with Sheryl Crow and 'One More Shot' solo version.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-07-30 22:42 by KRiffhard.

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: July 31, 2016 02:29

LeonidP
Yes, there's an invention called mp3 player (or by popular brand, ipod), some use it to listen to when its not convenient to listen at home ... it's not a requirement, you can walk and 'think' but other times, you might want to walk and 'listen'.

I take quick fast one and a half hour walks on Saturday and Sunday, my days off. My policy is to walk the first 45 minutes with no music. This is when I get some good ideas about things. The second 45 minutes I turn on the mp3 player which has Stones, Led Zeppelin, Doors...... and the like. I like this agptek mp3 players I just got. Large print, large lcd and album images tell me at a glance what tune I am on [www.amazon.com]

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 2, 2016 23:57

Nearly a year since this release...
Haven't listened from start to finish for about two months now.
Popped in official cassette in work van and it was like revisiting an old friend.
From beginning to end - a picture perfect album that flows like fine wine.
Hope the new Stones album is of the same quality and has a similar impact that this one had for many of us last year.
Best Stones related release in decades...Crosseyed Heart is a gem, and gets better with age.
Hopefully a deluxe version will be released some day with demos, outtakes, extended versions, etc. thumbs up

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 3, 2016 01:34

Hopefully a deluxe version will be released some day with demos, outtakes, extended versions, etc. thumbs up

YEAH ... now that'd be something now wouldn't it ...bring it on Keith

ROCKMAN

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: August 3, 2016 22:05

>>Popped in official cassette in work van and it was like revisiting an old friend.
From beginning to end - a picture perfect album that flows like fine wine.
<<

Hairball- love your turn of phrase. nice.
you express how i feel about this album too.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: August 5, 2016 13:29

It is a warm and vivid beauty all right.
Keith knows what he's doing.

Date: August 5, 2016 18:24

Fingers crossed that the alleged new Stones LP sounds even half as interesting and invested as CROSSEYED HEART does.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 5, 2016 18:38

i keep forgetting to listen to the second half of the album. is the second half better?

Date: August 5, 2016 18:42

If you get the LP on CD the first half will be good enough...

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 6, 2016 02:29

GasLightStreet

well...i happened to have bought both the vinyl and cd...listened to a good solid half of the cd. maybe a good thing to not need to listen any more...maybe that means i'm satiated?

Date: August 11, 2016 13:16

I'm having a listen again now, it's been a little while. It's like revisiting an old friend.

Lovely album! thumbs up

Date: August 11, 2016 14:31

treaclefingers
GasLightStreet

well...i happened to have bought both the vinyl and cd...listened to a good solid half of the cd. maybe a good thing to not need to listen any more...maybe that means i'm satiated?

The second half unfortunately gets a bit boring, imo. Track 1-8 is good solid music, but nothing really outstanding. Nice to listen to.

Date: August 11, 2016 14:34

GasLightStreet
Fingers crossed that the alleged new Stones LP sounds even half as interesting and invested as CROSSEYED HEART does.

Without any doubt it will... it will feature Mick on vocals.
One reason for ABB being better than CH, but not the only one.

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: August 11, 2016 15:33

Funny how opinions differ. My favorite part of this wonderful album is ILLUSION thru GOODNIGHT IRENE.

Date: August 11, 2016 16:25

Lover's Plea, the best track on the album. Perhaps the best solo track ever - by any Stone!

Date: August 11, 2016 17:43

HMS
GasLightStreet

Without any doubt it will... it will feature Mick on vocals.
One reason for ABB being better than CH, but not the only one.

Apples and DIRTY WORK. No comparison. If Mick could sing without sounding like he has a clothespin on his nose then it will sound nearly half as good as CROSSEYED HEART. The other half is the music. If it's anything like Keys To Your Love or Sweet Neo Con then it's doomed.

Date: August 11, 2016 17:44

treaclefingers
GasLightStreet

But a CD has only one side so therefor... the first half is the only half.

Date: August 11, 2016 17:45

That bit when Aaron Neville pops in to Nothing On Me kills me every time. That was fantastic that Neville happened in.

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: August 11, 2016 18:31

I actually haven't listened in a while. I do think every single track is great, but from memory my 2 favorites are Robbed Blind and Love Overdue.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...241242243244245246247248249250251...LastNext
Current Page: 246 of 257

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1953
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home