Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...134135136137138139140141142143144...LastNext
Current Page: 139 of 257
Re: Keith Richards solo album 'Crosseyed Heart' - out September 18
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: September 13, 2015 14:07

Dear & wonderful gentlemen, can we try keeping this thread on topic please please please?
It's already crazy long without all the ... extraneous stuff. Please?

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: September 13, 2015 14:14

Keith interview on BBC One's "The Andrew Marr Show" - [www.bbc.co.uk]

[twitter.com]

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: September 13, 2015 16:12

How many of those Do Not Xray shirts has Keith got? He must buy them by the caseload.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: September 13, 2015 17:35

with sssoul
Dear & wonderful gentlemen

Now you make me blush

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: LongBeachArena72 ()
Date: September 13, 2015 19:51

keefriffhards
DandelionPowderman
Turner68
he's saying that because longbeach keeps calling you "young riffhards", i have no idea why ...

Didn't LongBeachArena72 see the Stones in 1969? That might be why...

Oh i see now lol

Well yes if longbeacharena is 72 i would be a young riffhards

Its kind of endearing, him calling me young riffhards, i like it lol

Just out of curiosity i wonder what the average age is of an iorr poster

Yes, at the risk of sounding as mushy as the rest of you softies, I refer to keefriffhards as "young riffhards" in an affectionate way. He strikes me as an acolyte, a seeker, and in spite of his blind devotion to saint Keef of dartford, I find him delightful.

Dandie: fwiw, to my eternal regret I did NOT see The Stones in 69; first time was in 72.

Posted by: pepganzo ()
Date: September 13, 2015 20:16

I'm in love with Nothing on me.

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: September 13, 2015 21:01

bye bye johnny
Keith interview on BBC One's "The Andrew Marr Show" - [www.bbc.co.uk]

[twitter.com]

Keith's teeth.... Lol

Posted by: howlingmad ()
Date: September 13, 2015 21:08

I'm trying to avoid listening to the bootleg any further, as each released track has been significantly more impressive. I would love to see the Stones record a new album with the kind of depth and warmth that Crosseyed Heart boasts.

Date: September 13, 2015 22:55

LongBeachArena72
keefriffhards
DandelionPowderman
Turner68
he's saying that because longbeach keeps calling you "young riffhards", i have no idea why ...

Oh i see now lol

Yes, at the risk of sounding as mushy as the rest of you softies, I refer to keefriffhards as "young riffhards" in an affectionate way. He strikes me as an acolyte, a seeker, and in spite of his blind devotion to saint Keef of dartford, I find him delightful.

Dandie: fwiw, to my eternal regret I did NOT see The Stones in 69; first time was in 72.

Sorry, I meant 1972, of course! smiling smiley

Date: September 13, 2015 23:11

DandelionPowderman
LongBeachArena72
keefriffhards
DandelionPowderman
Turner68

Oh i see now lol

Sorry, I meant 1972, of course! smiling smiley

the mystery, of course, is where he saw them...

Date: September 14, 2015 00:06

Excerpt of Keith's interview with Eric Bureau of Le Parisien. - [www.leparisien.fr]

Photograph by Frédéric Dugit.

Posted by: tumbled ()
Date: September 14, 2015 00:17

google translate of that: not the best

A Parisian palace Chamber, a Cerberus which ensures at the entrance, a handful of journalists from around the world who are anxiously waiting for their turn. A priori, a banal interview with rock-star. Except that in this sterile universe, behind the door, installed Keith Richards. It welcomes you with a big smile, a hand farm, accepts some informal pictures during maintenance and sits...

Faithful to his legend, guitarist of the Rolling Stones, 71 years old, smokes CIG on CIG and drinks vodka in full afternoon. He came to present "Crosseyed heart", his new solo album. "It is clearly a tribute to black music, with the blues of Robert Johnson, Gregory Isaacs reggae musicians who made me want to play," he explains including.

But behind the solo projects, the Stones are never far away. "When one is in the Stones, one feels strong, it's rewarding. I am very fortunate and grateful to be a Stone,"assumes Richards. Which says its efforts to reconvene his bandmates in the studio by stating: "These aren't songs that are missing."

> SUBSCRIBERS. Discover the completeness of the interview with Keith Richards, guitarist of the Rolling Stones.

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: September 14, 2015 00:33

howlingmad
I'm trying to avoid listening to the bootleg any further, as each released track has been significantly more impressive. I would love to see the Stones record a new album with the kind of depth and warmth that Crosseyed Heart boasts.

thumbs upthumbs upthumbs up

Just my thoughts... I want to hear the offical release only.
And after listening CROSSEYED HEART muser about which songs could have been
better with CHARLIE, RONNIE, MICK JAGGER and MICK TAYLOR, maybe even BILL.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-09-14 10:23 by RipThisBone.

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: September 14, 2015 01:44

Its strange that some are slightly annoyed that Keith didn't save these songs for a Stones album. I mean Mick refuses to make an album so Keith makes his own for something to do. This album was made when the Stones were inactive due to Mick being upset with the contents of Life. I don't think Keith had any other option but to make a solo album..

Date: September 14, 2015 01:57

The album may have had it's origins in Stones downtime, but one need look no further than the initial post of this thread for proof Keith also worked on it around more recent band activity.

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: September 14, 2015 02:05

bye bye johnny
The album may have had it's origins in Stones downtime, but one need look no further than the initial post of this thread for proof Keith also worked on it around more recent band activity.

Well i'm pleased he finished the album, even if it was around recent band activity, you don't sound so sure lol

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: September 14, 2015 02:41

Was in a store today and caught the new edition of ROLLING STONE. Keith's album has a review. Very small and they gave it 3 1/2 stars out of five. Jagger must have told Jann that he better low key the Keith album.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 14, 2015 02:50

Bashlets
Was in a store today and caught the new edition of ROLLING STONE. Keith's album has a review. Very small and they gave it 3 1/2 stars out of five. Jagger must have told Jann that he better low key the Keith album.

Micks on the warpath and trying to sabotage Keith's success! lol
He's gonna have to hire a small army to try and stop the 'Keith train' from roaring down the tracks.
All aboard the Keith train everybody, next stop SUCCESS!

Posted by: Blueranger ()
Date: September 14, 2015 03:36

Bashlets

What if it's 3 1/2 stars worth? People trying to hail this record a masterpiece even before it's released, is hilarious.

Date: September 14, 2015 03:39

Blueranger
Bashlets

What if it's 3 1/2 stars worth? People trying to hail this record a masterpiece even before it's released, is hilarious.

Rolling Stone stopped being relevant decades ago. I remember when both Dirty Work and Steel Wheels were hailed as masterpieces.

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: September 14, 2015 03:41

Blueranger
Bashlets

3 1/2 stars or a 7/10 is a good rating for the album, I think it's a good record with mostly good songs and some filler/random jams, nothing groundbreaking, a good album from a legend, that's all.

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: September 14, 2015 03:44

U would think a musical icon would get a full in depth album review. Rolling Stone gave it like one little paragraph like they would do to some unknown artist. They write nothing bad about the album. I truly think he got shafted.

Date: September 14, 2015 03:46

Bashlets
U would think a musical icon would get a full in depth album review. Rolling Stone gave it like one little paragraph like they would do to some unknown artist. They write nothing bad about the album. I truly think he got shafted.

Good point
I see that goddess in the doorway got 5/5 stars lol and voodoo lounge and bridges to Babylon 4 stars each

Posted by: Blueranger ()
Date: September 14, 2015 03:59

bye bye johnny
Keith's interview with Jesper Börjesson of TV4 Sweden - [www.tv4play.se]

[twitter.com]

Great interview and finally an interviewer who obviously has done his homework before meeting Keith. I like that. The interviewer also seems to relax, which makes Keith relaxing too.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: September 14, 2015 04:00

Bashlets

I really thought David Fricke would have reviewed Crosseyed Heart, certainly would have been more enlightening.

Date: September 14, 2015 04:30

The writer/reviewer of Rolling Stone is probably a fan of Rap, Bieber, the Grateful Dead, and whoever else Keith has slammed lately.
Be thankful for 3.5 stars.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: September 14, 2015 04:58

georgelicks
Blueranger
Bashlets

3 1/2 stars or a 7/10 is a good rating for the album, I think it's a good record with mostly good songs and some filler/random jams, nothing groundbreaking, a good album from a legend, that's all.

Seems about right from what I've heard so far. Obviously the rating would tend to be higher on this Keith loving forum. I'm just looking forward to hearing the couple of ballads everyone is saying are so good. Not that I don't think Jagger has some sway over that butt kissing Wenner, but I actually think Mick is truly proud and happy for Keith and all his attention and success at this point in their lives. Keith has clearly said the Stones are his priority and his success is not a threat to Mick at this point. Why people continue to try to separate such things into some rivalry between Mick and Keith, men in their 70's, is beyond me.

Date: September 14, 2015 05:38

RipThisBone
And after listening CROSSEYED HEART muser about which songs could have been
better with CHARLIE, RONNIE, MICK JAGGER and MICK TAYLOR, maybe even BILL.

I think Heartstopper, Robbed Blind, and Lover's Plea could have easily been on a Stones album. Just A Gift also reminds me of something that would have been right at home on Voodoo Lounge.

Date: September 14, 2015 05:45

georgelicks

Yes, it doesn't reinvent the wheel or anything but is exactly what you would want from a Keith solo album.

For me the filler here is more interesting and varied than the filler on Main Offender. Whereas a common criticism of that album was several tracks that felt incomplete without Mick, these new songs sound more layered. It's not unreasonable to think any of them (with the exception of the title track) could've been included on a new Stones album as Keith's contribution.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-09-14 05:45 by howlingmad.

Date: September 14, 2015 06:29

Naturalust
georgelicks
Blueranger
Bashlets

Seems about right from what I've heard so far. Obviously the rating would tend to be higher on this Keith loving forum. I'm just looking forward to hearing the couple of ballads everyone is saying are so good. Not that I don't think Jagger has some sway over that butt kissing Wenner, but I actually think Mick is truly proud and happy for Keith and all his attention and success at this point in their lives. Keith has clearly said the Stones are his priority and his success is not a threat to Mick at this point. Why people continue to try to separate such things into some rivalry between Mick and Keith, men in their 70's, is beyond me.

Keith has somewhat fueled the fire amongst many with his anecdotes about Mick in Life and steadily jabbing at him throughout their history.
One can only wonder what he edited and held back from the book to appease Mick.

At any rate, I'm sure their relationship is solid enough at this point in their lives
that perhaps Mick is truly proud and happy...but sometimes you have to wonder.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...134135136137138139140141142143144...LastNext
Current Page: 139 of 257

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2161
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home