Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...230231232233234235236237238239240...LastNext
Current Page: 235 of 257
Re: Keith Richards solo album 'Crosseyed Heart' - out September 18
Posted by: tumbled ()
Date: November 24, 2015 18:29

You ain't got nothing on me has some very sweet sounds on it!~

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: November 24, 2015 18:43

lol

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: November 27, 2015 15:48

Best Buy Black Friday sale - $6.99, with free shipping.

[www.bestbuy.com]

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: November 27, 2015 19:32

Thanks for that bye bye johnny. thumbs up

Will buy a bundle of them for some early Christmas shopping - the gift of Keith!
And it will bump up the overall sales for those who are concerned about that.

Posted by: Moonshine ()
Date: November 29, 2015 22:18

Listening again to Nothing On Me, what a great single this could be. Would surely give the album a push on sales

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: November 29, 2015 22:31

Hairball
Thanks for that bye bye johnny. thumbs up

Will buy a bundle of them for some early Christmas shopping - the gift of Keith!
And it will bump up the overall sales for those who are concerned about that.

I dropped mine in the driveway and the case broke, so forget everyone else I'm buying another one for me! smiling smiley

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: November 29, 2015 22:47

Moonshine
Listening again to Nothing On Me, what a great single this could be. Would surely give the album a push on sales

'Nothing On Me' has become my favorite.
Few others made comments about it like
'riffs reminiscent Beast of Burden'
'Keith's singing at the end like the old days of back up (higher voiced)'
And one professional reviewer made an arc/bridge comparison
from Before They Make Me Run to Nothing On Me
(and I can't find that review)
LOVE this tune.

Posted by: Moonshine ()
Date: November 29, 2015 22:56

35love
Moonshine

LOVE this tune.

Do you know I just got that Beast of Burden connection, cheers 35. An all time favourite as well, Beast is the song I've introduced many, mainly female, into the stones

Date: November 30, 2015 03:34

I heard Trouble on the radio today while working in my art studio - haven't played the album for a couple weeks, so a nice surprise!thumbs up
KTYD FM 99.9 Santa Barbara - not your typical pre-programmed classic rock station - actual live DJ's that always pull something out of left field. They followed that with Saint of Me which I haven't heard in eons, and have to say isn't a bad Stones tune even though Keith's not on it. It was my favorite when Bridges was released, and still is to this day. Despite Mick sounding a bit annoying during the bridge, and the clunky chorus "I said yeah, oh yeah, oh yeah..." it has decent lyrics and a decent groove going on. And that clunky chorus brings back memories of when they played this at Vredenberg in '03 when everyone in the audience chanted those lines for at least 30 seconds after the song was finished. I said yeah...you'll never make a saint of me.
Now it's time to dust off Crosseyed Heart again and see what all the fuss is about. winking smiley

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: November 30, 2015 03:58

35love
Moonshine

LOVE this tune.

That tune, yes, indeed. It's the one I've been walking around humming the most recently. And of course Aaron Neville's vocals just kill me.

Posted by: stones2000 ()
Date: November 30, 2015 04:23

Love Overdue is still my favourite song off the album. I absolutely love Keith's cover. But every song off Crosseyed Heart is awesome

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: November 30, 2015 20:57

Keith Richards Talks New Album, Fatherhood, and (Of Course) Mick Jagger

[www.gq.com]

Date: November 30, 2015 21:14

Cristiano Radtke

[www.gq.com]

not keith's finest moments or the interviewer's finest hour. i love how at the beginning they say that they tried to avoid trolling for controversial quotes and in the end the interview talks about snorting his dad's ashes and mick's solo albums. knowing how these things work, i'd imagine Keith's PR people are upset too, they probably spent most of the time talking about the new album and all those quotes ended up on the cutting room floor.

nice quote about family though: “I don't care how cool and hip and whatever you think you are. You get down the line, baby, what counts is family. This is what I did it for.”

perhaps this is a clue to the real meaning behind "all down the line"? ;-)

Date: November 30, 2015 21:24

lol! you're right. my mistake. glad there is a policeman of the "policemen"

:-)

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: November 30, 2015 22:37

Hi Georgelicks, what about worldwide sales till now?!

Posted by: matxil ()
Date: November 30, 2015 22:47

I liked the quote about "he could have been the child of healthnuts", but anyway, bad interviewer (or bad editor): where are all the questions about the album? Why is there no (small) tour? Would he like to bring out some more singles? How does he think this album compare to the latest Stones album?
And these are just the first questions that come up, I am sure there are loads of things to ask him, especially after this album. And I don't care what he said about Mick (actually, it's rather mild in comparison), you don't have to print that, right?

Date: November 30, 2015 23:00

Keith Richards Tell Us What Album Gave Birth to the Rolling Stones

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: November 30, 2015 23:37

mailexile67
Hi Georgelicks, what about worldwide sales till now?!

Are you ready for his 'So sad...only 250k worldwide'?!

Date: December 1, 2015 00:45

Thanks Cristiano for both links!thumbs up

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: December 1, 2015 01:24

Best Buy link still works... ;-)

[www.bestbuy.com]

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: December 1, 2015 10:33

Cristiano Radtke

[www.gq.com]

In the same issue Amy Schumer gives her mini-Keith fantasy (as she's asked to do for all the issue's "Men of the Year" >>> [www.gq.com]

Date: December 1, 2015 14:33

Ask Keith: Why did you choose to cover Love Overdue?

[www.youtube.com]

Date: December 1, 2015 17:09

Cristiano Radtke
Ask Keith: Why did you choose to cover Love Overdue?

[www.youtube.com]

These are great - would be better if they were extended beyond one or two short sentences to include more detail of the who, what, why, when, and where.
After Crosseyed Heart, he could talk about every Stones track from A-Z (including all his solo stuff), and then onto live guest appearances, and studio sessions with others.
His memory might be tested, but would be a great documentation either in video or written form. "Keith - Behind the Music". thumbs up

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: December 1, 2015 17:22

Title5Take1
Cristiano Radtke

[www.gq.com]

In the same issue Amy Schumer gives her mini-Keith fantasy (as she's asked to do for all the issue's "Men of the Year" >>> [www.gq.com]
The interview only helps to ignite new quarrels between the two main characters. If he continues like this there will not be a fruitful collaboration. Keith should grow up in this respect

Date: December 1, 2015 17:48

Whale
Title5Take1
Cristiano Radtke

[www.gq.com]

The interview only helps to ignite new quarrels between the two main characters. If he continues like this there will not be a fruitful collaboration. Keith should grow up in this respect

it's a tough spot. keith's whole persona is no-BS no tongue biting, and yet the interviewers keep asking him about and event 30 years old - Mick going solo. If keith plays nice with it then it's "fake" and "not keith", if he answers it, then that's the one part of a 1 or 2 hour interview that they end up using. the press is really bad.

Date: December 1, 2015 17:59

Turner68
Whale
Title5Take1
Cristiano Radtke

[www.gq.com]

it's a tough spot. keith's whole persona is no-BS no tongue biting, and yet the interviewers keep asking him about and event 30 years old - Mick going solo. If keith plays nice with it then it's "fake" and "not keith", if he answers it, then that's the one part of a 1 or 2 hour interview that they end up using. the press is really bad.

True Turner, what's he supposed to say?
Maybe he could have said "no comment", but that might have been even a deeper dig like it's not even worth his breath.
And it could have been worse by him revisiting the tiny todger story.

With that said, it's not clear whether the topic was brought up by interviewer or Keith responding to something else and going off on Mick- like "what drives you to make solo records?".

Date: December 1, 2015 20:08

Hairball
Turner68
Whale
Title5Take1
Cristiano Radtke

[www.gq.com]

Maybe he could have said "no comment", but that might have been even a deeper dig like it's not even worth his breath.

With that said, it's not clear whether the topic was brought up by interviewer or Keith responding to something else and going off on Mick- like "what drives you to make solo records?".

keith isn't innocent though. i've given interviews before when an obnoxious question is asked and i just look back at the interviewer and wait for them to ask another (they can't even say you said "no comment" in that situation!). he knows he doesn't have to answer. it's like he can't resist the bait..

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-12-01 21:51 by Turner68.

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: December 1, 2015 20:09

Hairball
Turner68
Whale
Title5Take1
Cristiano Radtke

[www.gq.com]

He could have simply stated that he looks forward to collaborating and that its in their working together that the best results can be achieved.
Covers the same ground i would say.

Posted by: matxil ()
Date: December 1, 2015 22:14

Probably Keith said a lot of things about a lot of issues but the magazine decided only to print the least interesting stuff. Stupid decision.
On the bright side: maybe Mick Jagger will take offence (although I don't think so), and instead of wasting time with another pointless Stones album, both Keith and Mick will do what they really want to do: their own stuff. Even though I don't like Mick's solo stuff, I think it's only right if he'd stick to that. With Keith, I want him to tour Europe with the Winos, and promote his album a lot more.

Posted by: Mel Belli ()
Date: December 1, 2015 22:28

I heard "Illusion" today in a Starbucks, so there's that.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...230231232233234235236237238239240...LastNext
Current Page: 235 of 257

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1133
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home