Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...228229230231232233234235236237238...LastNext
Current Page: 233 of 257
Re: Keith Richards solo album 'Crosseyed Heart' - out September 18
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: November 19, 2015 03:33

Naturalust
Thanks for posting Cristiano, no problems viewing from my US location either, try again Turner.

As far as the video...meh, didn't do much for me but to each their own. I would have preferred Keith in the studio or even better a montage of Keith home videos!

I knew you had another jab in you Naturalust!

Keith in the studio video was already done for Trouble!
And a montage of Keith home videos? Hmmm...most home movies of other families can be a bit boring imo, but I suppose it might be interesting for a Keith video(?)
But for Love Overdue? How could that fit into the concept of the lyrics?!!! Maybe because it's a reggae tune some home videos from his Jamaican digs might work (after I smoke a spliff),
but still the lyrics wouldn't gel well with images of Keith and his family splashing around a beach and frolicking in the sun.

And besides, the black and white animation looks cool and conveys the lyrics/message quite well - I thought you were all about that kind of artsy fartsy stuff... smiling smiley
Like the album itself, maybe the video will eventually grow on you.

All in good fun of course...to use your old signature: peace. thumbs up

Date: November 19, 2015 04:29

The album's better than I thought it'd be.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: November 19, 2015 05:03

Hairball
Naturalust
Thanks for posting Cristiano, no problems viewing from my US location either, try again Turner.

As far as the video...meh, didn't do much for me but to each their own. I would have preferred Keith in the studio or even better a montage of Keith home videos!

And a montage of Keith home videos? Hmmm...most home movies of other families can be a bit boring imo, but I suppose it might be interesting for a Keith video(?)
But for Love Overdue? How could that fit into the concept of the lyrics?!!! Maybe because it's a reggae tune some home videos from his Jamaican digs might work (after I smoke a spliff),
but still the lyrics wouldn't gel well with images of Keith and his family splashing around a beach and frolicking in the sun.

And besides, the black and white animation looks cool and conveys the lyrics/message quite well - I thought you were all about that kind of artsy fartsy stuff... smiling smiley

Wasn't intended to be a jab just an honest opinion, actually watched it twice to make sure I hadn't missed anything, same reaction. meh.

I'm more of a Dr. Suess/Ralph Bakshi kind of guy when it comes to animation. The angular, super simple blank and white just seemed a bit cheap and quick to me. I understand the possible correlation with the lyrics but you gotta go with what you think and feel.

But if you want a jab, here's one.....listen to the song done properly by a real singer. LOL Seriously Keith did a good job with it but I'm surprised he even tried it after the great job Gregory Isaacs did with it. And why did he drop the "Is" from the title, what's up with that? (I'm covering my head for obvious reasons now) smoking smiley

[www.youtube.com]

Date: November 19, 2015 06:41

Naturalust
Hairball
Naturalust

Wasn't intended to be a jab just an honest opinion, actually watched it twice to make sure I hadn't missed anything, same reaction. meh.

I'm more of a Dr. Suess/Ralph Bakshi kind of guy when it comes to animation. The angular, super simple blank and white just seemed a bit cheap and quick to me. I understand the possible correlation with the lyrics but you gotta go with what you think and feel.

But if you want a jab, here's one.....listen to the song done properly by a real singer. LOL Seriously Keith did a good job with it but I'm surprised he even tried it after the great job Gregory Isaacs did with it. And why did he drop the "Is" from the title, what's up with that? (I'm covering my head for obvious reasons now) smoking smiley

[www.youtube.com]

Yes I know it wasn't intended as a jab, was just having a bit of fun.

No doubting Gregory Isaacs is a great singer - he was known as the 'Cool Ruler' for a reason. I've had this recording in my collection probably since around the time it was first released back in the '70's, but thanks for the link. And if you like that, there's TONS of Gregory Isaacs tunes you might like as well - mostly from mid 70's-early '80's.

And somewhere WAY back in this thread prior to Keith's version being released, I posted my doubts as to how it may or may not stand up to the original. I've never been overly fond of any Reggae as done by the Stones, so wasn't expecting anything special. But Keith certainly did this one justice, and while his vocals may not match up to Gregory Isaacs on this cover, he certainly accomplished something much better than I expected. I'd say it's the best/authentic reggae tune ever released in the history of the Stones.

One of my all time favorite slow and low easy grooves from Gregory Isaacs (RIP),
and this nice video tells a bit of his story as the tune plays.

Gregory Isaacs - Cool Down The Pace

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2015-11-19 07:10 by Hairball.

Posted by: matxil ()
Date: November 19, 2015 10:56

Cristiano Radtke
Love Overdue video:

[www.youtube.com]

Cool video, thanks for posting.

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: November 19, 2015 17:26

Gregory Isaacs is great. One of the best parts of music is connecting the dots, learning about new musicians from the ones you like, etc. What came out of the island of Jamaica in the 70s was truly amazing.

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: November 19, 2015 18:00

What about the sales ?

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Date: November 19, 2015 18:03

Yes Turner all of that music that came from that one little island in the '70's (along w/ '60s and early '80's) is amazing for the most part.
I'm still discovering new hidden treasures that are continuously being unearthed and released.
The well of great stuff has yet to run dry, and all of it from such a short time period from that one island.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: November 19, 2015 21:50

I've no idea what page or pages it was but I recall some people expressing hope or interest that Love Overdue would be released as a single.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: November 19, 2015 21:52

powerage78
What about the sales ?

400k worldwide.

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: November 19, 2015 23:12

powerage78
What about the sales ?

About 250k worldwide, 64k in the US.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: November 19, 2015 23:23

georgelicks
powerage78
What about the sales ?

400k worldwide, 100 k in the US.

Posted by: tumbled ()
Date: November 19, 2015 23:44

400k worldwide, 100k in the US

Its a great album. no doubt. lots of neat guitar sounds

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 20, 2015 00:14

KRiffhard
georgelicks
powerage78
What about the sales ?

40k worldwide, 133,214 in the US. I can make up numbers with no references too.

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: November 20, 2015 00:40

treaclefingers
KRiffhard
georgelicks
powerage78
What about the sales ?

Of course, according to KRiffhard the album should be close to 2 million worldwide by now.

The real sales are 239,000 copies sold, the source is Mediatraffic which tracks world sales for decades:

[www.mediatraffic.de]
"Some additional sales stats: 'Kill The Lights' by Luke Bryan sold 16,000 copies last week and reaches a total of 762,000 so far, 'Cass County' by Don Henley sold 15,000 units last week, 242,000 so far, 'Crosseyed Heart' by Keith Richards sold 14,000 units last week and has a total of 239,000 copies so far, '21' by Adele sold 27,000,000 copies so far, 'Rebel Heart' by Madonna 834,000 and 'My Everything' by Ariana Grande 1,682,000."

Date: November 20, 2015 00:41

georgelicks
treaclefingers
KRiffhard
georgelicks
powerage78
What about the sales ?

Of course, according to KRiffhard the album should be close to 2 million worldwide by now.

The real sales are 239,000 copies sold, the source is Mediatraffic which tracks world sales for decades:

[www.mediatraffic.de]
"Some additional sales stats: 'Kill The Lights' by Luke Bryan sold 16,000 copies last week and reaches a total of 762,000 so far, 'Cass County' by Don Henley sold 15,000 units last week, 242,000 so far, 'Crosseyed Heart' by Keith Richards sold 14,000 units last week and has a total of 239,000 copies so far, '21' by Adele sold 27,000,000 copies so far, 'Rebel Heart' by Madonna 834,000 and 'My Everything' by Ariana Grande 1,682,000."

Understand George, your stats were never in question.

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: November 20, 2015 00:42

georgelicks
treaclefingers
KRiffhard
georgelicks
powerage78
What about the sales ?

[www.mediatraffic.de]

wow. Keith sold nearly 1/3 as many copies as Madonna... I'm surprised. back in the 80s she was as big as the Stones if not bigger.

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: November 20, 2015 03:17

Turner68
wow. Keith sold nearly 1/3 as many copies as Madonna... I'm surprised. back in the 80s she was as big as the Stones if not bigger.

Yes, and the Stones were as big as the Stones!!

Date: November 20, 2015 03:37

LeonidP
Turner68

Yes, and the Stones were as big as the Stones!!

She was as big as the Stones then, as Beyoncé is as big as the Stones now.

The only constant is how big the Stones are.

Posted by: kammpberg ()
Date: November 20, 2015 03:38

I'm not a huge Eagles fan or Don Henley, but Cass County is an excellent album. Great songs and really well crafted. Nice to see that Keith's album has sold almost as many copies as the Eagles sell tons here in the US

Date: November 20, 2015 11:33

Interesting and good choice, Love Overdue as the new single. Still, I would have preferred Illusion, as I still think it's the most exceptional song on the album.

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: November 20, 2015 12:08

matxil
Interesting and good choice, Love Overdue as the new single. Still, I would have preferred Illusion, as I still think it's the most exceptional song on the album.

I wholeheartedly agree

Date: November 20, 2015 17:06

Amnesia... that break. With that eery piano. The second one is funny because of Keith's little saying.

Great tune.

This album, like his previous ones, is aging fantastically.

Date: November 20, 2015 18:28

There was some talk a month or so back of which tune would be released as the next single -
I was predicting either Robbed Blind, Illusion, or possibly Suspicious as they're a bit 'mellower' than Trouble and would showcase some of the diversity.
Then I thought possibly Amnesia, as it seems to have a more 'user friendly' vibe to it that would reach more fans of 'classic' rock music .
Then amidst this talk, someone said it's probably too late for a 2nd single, so I kind of left it at that with an 'oh well, so be it, what do I know'.
So now he puts out a 2nd single, and of all things it's this Reggae cover 'Love Overdue' which I never would have guessed as it's pretty much out of left field.
With that said, glad he did as I love the tune and it will spread some of the reggae vibe and turn more people on to that genre.

So then, what will be the 3rd single?

My predictions at this point are as good as anyone else's - it could be any of the above mentioned, could be something else.
Just a Gift maybe? Heartstopper? Or perhaps could be none at all....or Nothing on Me, or Something for Nothing...

edit: Is this the 2nd or 3rd single?
I think Heartstopper was already released as a 2nd single?

smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-11-20 18:31 by Hairball.

Date: November 20, 2015 18:34

I'm surprised there is a second single. I'm going to guess that's it, there won't be a 3rd single.

But if there were to be I'd think Nothing On Me considering having Aaron Neville on it, which would be good cross-hype promotion I would imagine. I wish it was Robbed Blind. Nothing On Me is a great track though.

Date: November 20, 2015 18:42

Hairball

So then, what will be the 3rd single?

My predictions at this point are as good as anyone else's - it could be any of the above mentioned, could be something else.
Just a Gift maybe? Heartstopper? Or perhaps could be none at all....or Nothing on Me, or Something for Nothing...

I think the best choice would be one of the "soul-ballad" songs: so Illusion, Suspicious, Just A Gift or Lover's Plea. I have the feeling Lover's Plea would be the most "accessible", but these things are always hard to guess.
For me, "Amnesia" or "Heartstopper" would be too "Stones-like", so people would just shrug and not be interested. "Nothing On Me" would have that same fate.
That's why I think "Love Overdue" was a good choice too. Since Jagger's "Don't Look Back", there hasn't been much Stones-related reggae in the public limelight.

Date: November 20, 2015 18:46

GasLightStreet
I'm surprised there is a second single. I'm going to guess that's it, there won't be a 3rd single.

But if there were to be I'd think Nothing On Me considering having Aaron Neville on it, which would be good cross-hype promotion I would imagine. I wish it was Robbed Blind. Nothing On Me is a great track though.

Yeah thought about that as well regarding Nothing on Me and the cross-hype, and that was my initial thought with Illusion - the Norah Jones connection.
Then someone said Norah Jones has pretty much drifted off the map anyways, so wouldn't make a difference.
I'd say it might give a reboot to her career and bring her back in the public eye if indeed she has drifted away...
and it might do Keith well to have the Norah fans dig into his music.
For some reason, don't see may Norah fans being big fans of Keith, but oh well....

Date: November 21, 2015 04:41

kammpberg
I'm not a huge Eagles fan or Don Henley, but Cass County is an excellent album. Great songs and really well crafted. Nice to see that Keith's album has sold almost as many copies as the Eagles sell tons here in the US

thumbs up

Date: November 21, 2015 16:59

Hairball
GasLightStreet

Yeah thought about that as well regarding Nothing on Me and the cross-hype, and that was my initial thought with Illusion - the Norah Jones connection.
Then someone said Norah Jones has pretty much drifted off the map anyways, so wouldn't make a difference.
I'd say it might give a reboot to her career and bring her back in the public eye if indeed she has drifted away...
For some reason, don't see may Norah fans being big fans of Keith, but oh well....

Maybe the big singles map. She has her fan base, tours. She's established and well respected. I'd say that's pretty damn good.

Date: November 21, 2015 18:26

GasLightStreet
Hairball
GasLightStreet

Maybe the big singles map. She has her fan base, tours. She's established and well respected. I'd say that's pretty damn good.

Yeah I thought so also - maybe it was one of the number crunching/chart position/sales statistics dudes that wrote her off.
My older sister liked her alot about 10 or so years ago, and as far as I know still does.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...228229230231232233234235236237238...LastNext
Current Page: 233 of 257

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1641
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home