Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...223224225226227228229230231232233...LastNext
Current Page: 228 of 257
Re: Keith Richards solo album 'Crosseyed Heart' - out September 18
Date: November 8, 2015 01:24

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-11-10 14:29 by DandelionPowderman.

Date: November 8, 2015 01:28

Just picked this CD up today (it was hard enough parting with those $17, I can't stand the thought of parting with $38!)... Hope it was worth it, 'Trouble' didn't exactly drive me crazy the first three times I heard it- this will be my fourth.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: November 8, 2015 02:03

Doxa, you make some interesting points as always (I don't dare quote the whole post grinning smiley), but why not also admit that you were influenced to post judge the album more negatively by all the positive reviews here?

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 8, 2015 03:01

Doxa
treaclefingers
latebloomer
treaclefingers
matxil
treaclefingers
A couple of good tracks on an average album.

15 songs should mean you have a lot to say.

Please oh please we need a stones album.

How many times did you listen to it? Give it some time.

But if I've already pre-judged that I'm only going to find this is an average album before I've actually listened to it, what good is it going to do listening to it several times?

That's what I figured. Some people find it hard to be objective once they are exposed to reviews, either good or bad...or for any number of reasons, they are in the mind set already to dislike it. Might as well put it away for a while and maybe try again when the spirit moves you and you think you can approach it with a fresh perspective.

That's a good idea. In a few years, I can go back to it and it will be like an entirely new album I find of average quality!

Well, it is a good idea. In regards to CROSSEYED HEART I am in that state at the moment that I have listened it enough, judged it enough, and it doesn't offer me¨anything anymore to change my judgment no matter how much I listen to it. So I stopped listening to it. Will it be several weeks, months or yaers I will pick it up again and listen it with "fresh perspective", I don't know. Probably then I might reconsider its value (and see more clearly how it rates in regards to his and Stones' past achievements). But that's how it is with almost any record.

Contrary to many people here, my reception of the album has been rather different. My initial reaction was "Wow! Never I thought Keith could come up again with something so fresh and good!". It was a pleasent surprise. The songs sounded so mature, so genuine, so relaxed, so independent (of The Stones), and what is best: different compared to his other solo albums. I especially welcomed the slow song/ballad section - lots of nice little melody ideas, Keith singing from his heart, and all that. Finally getting that all out of his system. Probably I had so low expectations and I have waited for so long a new Rolling Stones-related item, that it was easy to charm me.

Unfortunately that first impression didn't last too long. I hear people here saying that the album or this or that song is "growing on me", but for me it goes the other way round: what first sounded so interesting and promising and fresh started little by little sound a bit too obvious, cliche-like and thin - there wasn't the depthness to excite curious imagination to find hidden treasures - to really capture one's mind like some real masterpieces do. I find the album very "easy-listening" - which is to say: don't listen too deeply, too seriously - just enjoy the nice surface here and then and keep it that way. The music just can't stand closer attention (or repeated listenings) to keep its charm. This is especially true in regards to the ballad section I first liked so much - now I feel like that I really don't need to hear any new Keith Richards ballad ever again. An overdose. And that country ballad is a walking cliche (but that old school Stonesy piece "Heartstopper" is a real gem as some others).

In that sense - the charm fades away rather quickly - I don't find the album (at the moment) much different from the recent (last 25/30 yaers or so) Stones albums like many people here seem to do. Probably it is better than, say, A BIGGER BANG but that doesn't really ask much - both Mick and Keith have managed to make more exciting solo albums on their own than their co-worked previous or upcoming Stones efforts.

- Doxa

I was going to hug you up to the point you said it was probably better than ABB. You are now persona non gratis!

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: November 8, 2015 04:16

latebloomer
Doxa, you make some interesting points as always (I don't dare quote the whole post grinning smiley), but why not also admit that you were influenced to post judge the album more negatively by all the positive reviews here?

Hmm.. sorry I can't quite admit that. I might now sound arrogant, but I don't believe what other people say can really affect so much on my own opinions or what I decide to write when I try to review something. I just try to be honest to my feelings (like the cliche goes). Okay, it could be that if I get the impression that many or even majority are saying that it is a masterpiece in question, and I don't quite agree with that, I may write that in mind, that is, why I don't consider it being a one - which might then leave a negative tone. My original reviews were actually rather positive (despite making some critical remarks I usually dowinking smiley). For example, I guess I was the first one making comparisons to EXILE ON MAIN STREET (even though it was just pointing out some 'formal' similarities; the whole idea of seeing similarities in quality was just so absurd that it didn't even occur to me.)

I guess you must refer to my "Keithette" postings, which weren't really about judging the album, but a comment about the whole atmosphere here at the board at the time - there seemed to be campaign by certain big mouths not just to praise the album and Keith to heavens (nothing wrong with that) but - this is crucial - to suppress any conflicting opinion and attack and bash Jagger in any given opportunity. Okay, I do understand that Keith's album is a reason to party hard, but the forms it took just went beyond my comprehension and sense of justice. If it had been other way round, I would have done the same and "Mickettes" would have been given the same treatment (for some reason, that sort of bullying doesn't seem arise from that side)... Gladly the worst is over now. Unfortunately, as I see from the comments for my post about treacle, liking my humor or not, the whole moral of my Keithette talk has not been understood right.

- Doxa

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2015-11-08 04:28 by Doxa.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: November 8, 2015 04:18

DandelionPowderman
I love how all the guitars on Amnesia are complimenting eachother so brilliantly. It reminds me of the greatness of the guitar arrangements on songs like Dance.

What a beautiful way of arranging guitar tracks! Top class weaving thumbs up

Yes it's fantastic. thumbs up

It's parts like these that may seem simple upon first listen, but there's some mastermind work behind it all.
Like a minimalist painting by someone like Ellsworth Kelly. Upon first impression, looks simple enough and perhaps even easy to duplicate.
But upon further research, investigation, and learning about the history/backstory, one realizes the complexity and the thought process behind it all.

Unless one is in an academic setting though, sometimes it's the overthinking, over analyzing , dissecting, obsessing, and 2nd guessing by some viewers that can get a bit stuffy and somewhat detract from the goal of the artist and/or the art itself, which is simply for it to be appreciated and enjoyed (or maybe even disliked) for what it is. After all, it's only Minimalism (but I like it).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-11-08 04:21 by Hairball.

Date: November 8, 2015 11:29

Date: November 8, 2015 14:01

DandelionPowderman
There was one guy who slammed Mick a few times, Doxa, and he is gone now. The rest just wanted to discuss, review and celebrate the album. I don't think what you did was necessary, or had any effect on this - other than to make us wonder if someone had hijacked your account grinning smiley

There isn't anyone who has compared CH to Exile when it comes to quality, that's a myth that won't get more true because you repeat it..

Sometimes (and I can join the class here, too) it pays off to just admit that these counter posts were.. um.. a little odd and perhaps unnecessary? It's not like they stopped something, unless you reported someone.

I don't think is just to put all the blame on one person, who happens to be banned now and can't defend himself. Especially that he really wasn't - far from that - the only one (besides I always found his posts refreshing and genuine and his respectful correspondence with another poster - who is now gone due his own will - was one of the most enjoyable here for ages). You really try to belittle the case. I didn't react for nothing or because of just one poster, but beacuse I saw there a movement or a campaign in which certain big mouths were feeding each other, and probably some others.

The way I interpret you Dandie and the rest of you who now seem to see myself over-reacting here is that you are so huge Keith Richards fans and so thrilled of the new album that (a) you are/were somehow blind to the aggressive tone the Keith Richards fanaticism took here (people been thrilled before but never seen such a positive thing turned out to have such an ugly form) - so since the object of appraisal is a common one, you forgive, or simply don' want to see the bad and negative sides of it; (b) you see any possible criticism against that kind of fanaticism as a personal attack towards you or all Keith Richards fans (and even Keith Richards or CROSSEYED HEART). That's very human, and that's also the reason I see so many of you not getting the 'moral' of my "Keithette"-talk as I mentioned above. I tried to be as careful as I could with spelling the target of my criticism right, but probably - taking the circumstances - that was doomed to fail. But sorry, I really can't apologize anything from the people who didn't get my point. And I don't see any reason to take anything I say back.

Thankfully the worst forms of fanaticism are gone now, and it doesn't really matter had my 'intervention' anything to do with that. What I wrote was just my opinion, and not intended to directly change anything. More like: 'hey, can't you see what is going on here?' As you should know, I never report anyone. All the weapons I have is my rhetorics.

- Doxa

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 2015-11-08 14:28 by Doxa.

Date: November 8, 2015 14:43

Date: November 8, 2015 15:40

Well, Dandie, your post confirms the interpretation I did above. You seem to put anything under the umbrealla notion of "excitement" or like you did pages ago "celebration". That supposedly justifies anything. (For some raeson you seem to be very sensitive about if a Taylor talk turns into bashing Ron Wood, but that doesn't seem to hold on in regards Keith Richards fans bashing Mick Jagger - even though you actually commented that times ago in this thread but you seemingly have forgetten that now).

As far as LIFE goes, I don't know what "choir" you mean there. There was a very thorough-going, detailed discussion going on at the time, with very diverse opinions. True that the Jagger/Richards confrontation was one of the most heated topics there, but that was because Keith's book itself put that under the microscope. Of course I had a stance in that discussion (I guess your refusal to see any problem now goes line with your refusal to see anything unjust with Keith's claims in regards to Jagger in that book back then, unlike many of us did).

It could be that some of those discussions concerning LIFE and over-all critical accounts towards Keith's musical abilities during the last decade or so are now reacted as a kind of Keith Richards Revival among Stones fans - 'the Hardcore Keith Richards Fan Club Strikes Back'. I agree with Turner68's diagnosis of that development he did in somewhere of this huge thread. And naturally I see in some of the posts here - the ones against which my "Keithette" talk was directed - remininscants of spreading the word of LIFE again - the stuff Jane Rose PR machine has spreaded so strongly from the premises of WW3 times.

I find that sad. It was Keith who brought up the topic of Jagger in LIFE, but CROSSEYED HEART had nothing to do with Jagger, but some of his hardcore fans - the ones I call "Keithettes" - saw there a good argument to bring that topic hot again. And WW3 continues and devides the Rolling Stones fans into two camps with same old argumnts based on same old prejudices...

- Doxa

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2015-11-08 16:15 by Doxa.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: November 8, 2015 15:46

And that part had already passed, like 52 pages ago. I reacted to your post, Doxa, because this book of a thread had moved on from that tedious childlike ploy of Keith vs. Mick. I'm not a hater/ taker of sides. Just a true RS fan, borderline fanatic of their music.
And although I'm new to IORR, I take it as a slight on my intelligence that I am shallow enough to be 'faking' my continued enjoyment of CH.
Wish I could fool myself to love music for a cause, I would have been in heaven with the last 4-5 new RS music records put out since Tattoo You. As it is, just a few gems here and there for me off those LP's released after 1981.
So for some of us, this has been a surprise gift/ joy, to find, as DP put it somewhere, one of the main architects of the RS has new written and released material that has moved and captivated us, like a new RS's release used to do.
I have no problem reading and listening to why it may not have had the same affect on others. Just don't lump us all together in categories of reasons that to me, aren't very intelligent (I only like Keith, therefore not Mick)
And that story is old, tired news.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: November 8, 2015 15:52

So when actually did the "two camp" thing start? Breakup during the 80's? Earlier?

I get that Doxa is a "tougue and cheeker", but really the two camp thing is so tabloid fodder......

Date: November 8, 2015 16:08

Doxa, I appreciate your detailed explanation, but I agree with both Dandy and 35love. There were a few people who wrote anti Mick posts, and they wrote them more than once. But, the vast majority here were simply expressing their joy about the music.There is no right or wrong with what people find musically satisfying and they should be allowed to express that without being accused of taking sides in a supposed war between Mick and Keith. Most people here love them both, and wish them well, with the hope that they have it in them to do another Stones album soon.

The initial excitement about Keith's album was a very human reaction and you can find it all over this forum whenever the Stones have done something new, be it a tour, or an appearance on SNL. After a while it dies down, less people post, and the ones that do focus more on the details. That's what happens after you have some time to reflect. Perhaps you will revisit your reaction to that enthusiasm after you have had some time to reflect as well.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-11-08 16:13 by latebloomer.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: November 8, 2015 16:14

Whatever point Doxa is attempting to make would be clearer if Doxa would name the posters he's referring to,
instead of lumping all Keith's/CH's fans together as bashers and fakers.
Why protect the people you see as "guilty"? All that does is offend people you don't have in mind.

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: November 8, 2015 16:33

I am a Mick fan and a Keith fan. I am a Rolling Stones fan. I love their music,some songs a lot more than others, and a few I don't care for. I have been listening to CH almost daily since its release, and I love it.

Date: November 8, 2015 16:51

latebloomer
Doxa, I appreciate your detailed explanation, but I agree with both Dandy and 35love. There were a few people who wrote anti Mick posts, and they wrote them more than once. But, the vast majority here were simply expressing their joy about the music.There is no right or wrong with what people find musically satisfying and they should be allowed to express that without being accused of taking sides in a supposed war between Mick and Keith. Most people here love them both, and wish them well, with the hope that they have it in them to do another Stones album soon.

The initial excitement about Keith's album was a very human reaction and you can find it all over this forum whenever the Stones have done something new, be it a tour, or an appearance on SNL. After a while it dies down, less people post, and the ones that do focus more on the details. That's what happens after you have some time to reflect. Perhaps you will revisit your reaction to that enthusiasm after you have had some time to reflect as well.

If you've read Doxa's posts, isn't that what he's actually done? He says he initially really liked it, but upon further listenings, reflections and review it didn't stand up.

I got to that point a little faster to which I give myself full credit.

Doesn't mean I hate the album, but I can assure you I would never have bought it if it weren't a Keith album.

Do I hold this album to a higher standard because it is Keith? Well actually no...I had very low expectations for Talk is Cheap and he ripped the cover off the ball as it sailed out of the park. I then had very high expectations for Main Offender, where my enthusiasm was doused.

Coming into this album, my expectations were once again low.

All I'll say further is this album has met my expectations.

Date: November 8, 2015 17:02

Date: November 8, 2015 17:26

treaclefingers
latebloomer

If you've read Doxa's posts, isn't that what he's actually done? He says he initially really liked it, but upon further listenings, reflections and review it didn't stand up.

I got to that point a little faster to which I give myself full credit.

Doesn't mean I hate the album, but I can assure you I would never have bought it if it weren't a Keith album.

Do I hold this album to a higher standard because it is Keith? Well actually no...I had very low expectations for Talk is Cheap and he ripped the cover off the ball as it sailed out of the park. I then had very high expectations for Main Offender, where my enthusiasm was doused.

Coming into this album, my expectations were once again low.

All I'll say further is this album has met my expectations.

The part you bolded was not about his reaction to the album, but about his reaction to the positive posts here. Granted, I could have been clearer about that.
Treacles, perhaps you should just try to listen without any expectations at all, but I respect your opinion and am not in the business of trying to change people's minds about what they like or don't like. As to not buying it if it wasn't Keith, that seems somewhat pointless to me, of course you wouldn't have bought it if it wasn't Keith's, most of us wouldn't have either. That extends to practically every piece of music anyone buys, doesn't it?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-11-08 17:28 by latebloomer.

Date: November 8, 2015 17:31

latebloomer
As to not buying it if it wasn't Keith, that seems somewhat pointless to me, of course you wouldn't have bought it if it wasn't Keith's, most of us wouldn't have either. That extends to practically every piece of music anyone buys, doesn't it?

I would say for me, that is not even remotely true.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: November 8, 2015 17:32

BeforeTheyMakeMeRun
Just picked this CD up today (it was hard enough parting with those $17, I can't stand the thought of parting with $38!)... Hope it was worth it, 'Trouble' didn't exactly drive me crazy the first three times I heard it- this will be my fourth.

Wait a minute. Do you pay $25 or more for a show?

Date: November 8, 2015 17:35

GasLightStreet
BeforeTheyMakeMeRun

Wait a minute. Do you pay $25 or more for a show?

he doesn't have to 'repeat listen' it though.

Date: November 8, 2015 17:57

DandelionPowderman
But can't you see, nothing is gone? It's just that the natural early excitement has matured into more reflections into details and things we didn't notice right away. That happens naturally, like it should. And like I told you it would.

No one should feel obliged to burst in and cool things down when people are enjoying something. There was no fanaticm, not then and not now.

I didn't see you take on this role in the Life thread, btw. There you were well-placed in the choir. Maybe you learned something from that?

Yeah Deandelion, I've been thinking the same thing.

As always, no offense to Doxa. Perhaps he has his deep reasonings, but I'm curious to know as to why he has designated himself as the 'chosen one' to balance out this so-called 'division'. I sometimes wonder if he's joking or being tongue-in-cheek, but other times it seems that the superior/higher moral ground/attitude is actually perpetuating this so called division that seems to upset him so much. It comes across as a 'holier than thou' attitude at times with a hint of condescending preaching, as in "you all should behave yourselves - you have sinned"! Or like a parent scolding their children for misbehaving and not playing nice with each other - "bad children, be nice to each other"!. I believe we're all adults here, and nobody appreciates being talked down to in such a manner. Does his mission to balance this 'division' and defend Mick overpower the respect that should be given to other posters here? The vague, thinly veiled, roundabout criticism and insults towards others also seems a bit bizarre in it's condescending nature. Maybe he could start a separate thread to lay down the law of the land - it might reach more viewers that way, and it might even be given the sticky treatment by Bjornulf! Or maybe it will fizzle out after his first post. Or maybe this is the thread that he's been appointed to by the 'higher powers'. I mean seriously, this is a rock and roll message board and things don't have to be so heavy with all the rhetoric - don't you think?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-11-08 18:04 by Hairball.

Date: November 8, 2015 18:05

Hairball
DandelionPowderman
But can't you see, nothing is gone? It's just that the natural early excitement has matured into more reflections into details and things we didn't notice right away. That happens naturally, like it should. And like I told you it would.

No one should feel obliged to burst in and cool things down when people are enjoying something. There was no fanaticm, not then and not now.

I didn't see you take on this role in the Life thread, btw. There you were well-placed in the choir. Maybe you learned something from that?

As always, no offense to Doxa. Perhaps he has his deep reasonings, but I'm curious to know as to why he has designated yourself as the 'chosen one' to balance out this so-called 'division'. I sometimes wonder if he's joking or being tongue-in-cheek, but other times it seems that the superior/higher moral ground/attitude is actually perpetuating this so called division that seems to upset him so much. It comes across as a 'holier than thou' attitude at times with a hint of condescending preaching, as in "you all should behave yourselves - you have sinned"! Or like a parent scolding their children for misbehaving and not playing nice with each other - "bad children, be nice to each other"!. I believe we're all adults here, and nobody appreciates being talked down to in such a manner. Does his mission to balance this 'division' and defend Mick overpower the respect that should be given to other posters here? The vague, thinly veiled, roundabout criticism and insults towards others also seems a bit bizarre in it's condescending nature. Maybe he could start a separate thread to lay down the law of the land - it might reach more viewers that way, and it might even be given the sticky treatment by Bjornulf! Or maybe it will fizzle out after his first post. Or maybe this is the thread that he's been appointed to by the 'higher powers'. I mean seriously, this is a rock and roll message board and things don't have to be so heavy with all the rhetoric - don't you think?

NO, I don't think that....do you even understand what you're both spewing here? This is a message board for discussion...if everyone agrees on everything there is nothing to discuss.

If people happen to disagree with you, and put out an at least semi-literate counter point to what the cheer leaders are espousing, how is that a bad thing? How boring to simply have and insist on one point of view...and Doxa is assailed because he doesn't agree with you? How ridiculous.

...and he's right about the whole KR fanclub that seem to take it personally whenever their is something to criticize. It's like you have yourself somehow wrapped up in his persona, so a criticism of him is a criticism of you.

Get over yourselves man.

Date: November 8, 2015 18:10

Treacles, come on. He was not just assailing the album itself but the people who liked it and you just did the same with your cheer leaders comment. I know you understand the difference.

I think I'm done with this conversation, it's just going round in circles now.

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: November 8, 2015 18:16

latebloomer
Treacles, come on. He was not just assailing the album itself but the people who liked it and you just did the same with your cheer leaders comment. I know you understand the difference.

I have to assume they are joking.

Date: November 8, 2015 18:17

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-11-10 14:30 by DandelionPowderman.

Date: November 8, 2015 18:19

latebloomer

LB, I appreciate your condescending tone...it gets the juices flowing without need of an additional cup of coffee, which I have now fixed and am enjoying.

Doxa I think made a completely valid point about the album and as he stated, the 'keithettes' began circling even questioning his authority to criticize...its up there in bold, Dandelion comes right out and says it.

For my part, I'll admit to joking (and I'll only admit that this one time) about not being enthusiastic about the album...I've yet to give it a proper listen. But this guy Doxa, this good guy gets questioned for his right to post his opinion because it dissents from the popular view from within this thread.

Ridiculous.

Date: November 8, 2015 18:20

latebloomer

...not quite done, now that I've calmed down. I really am not at all upset by Doxa's comments about the album and I do understand why he jumped in to defend Mick. What I don't like is when it is coached in terms that lump everyone who likes the album as mindless cheerleaders who can't think for themselves.

Date: November 8, 2015 18:21

treaclefingers
Hairball
DandelionPowderman

As always, no offense to Doxa. Perhaps he has his deep reasonings, but I'm curious to know as to why he has designated yourself as the 'chosen one' to balance out this so-called 'division'. I sometimes wonder if he's joking or being tongue-in-cheek, but other times it seems that the superior/higher moral ground/attitude is actually perpetuating this so called division that seems to upset him so much. It comes across as a 'holier than thou' attitude at times with a hint of condescending preaching, as in "you all should behave yourselves - you have sinned"! Or like a parent scolding their children for misbehaving and not playing nice with each other - "bad children, be nice to each other"!. I believe we're all adults here, and nobody appreciates being talked down to in such a manner. Does his mission to balance this 'division' and defend Mick overpower the respect that should be given to other posters here? The vague, thinly veiled, roundabout criticism and insults towards others also seems a bit bizarre in it's condescending nature. Maybe he could start a separate thread to lay down the law of the land - it might reach more viewers that way, and it might even be given the sticky treatment by Bjornulf! Or maybe it will fizzle out after his first post. Or maybe this is the thread that he's been appointed to by the 'higher powers'. I mean seriously, this is a rock and roll message board and things don't have to be so heavy with all the rhetoric - don't you think?

NO, I don't think that....do you even understand what you're both spewing here? This is a message board for discussion...if everyone agrees on everything there is nothing to discuss.

If people happen to disagree with you, and put out an at least semi-literate counter point to what the cheer leaders are espousing, how is that a bad thing? How boring to simply have and insist on one point of view...and Doxa is assailed because he doesn't agree with you? How ridiculous.

...and he's right about the whole KR fanclub that seem to take it personally whenever their is something to criticize. It's like you have yourself somehow wrapped up in his persona, so a criticism of him is a criticism of you.

Get over yourselves man.

You've misread my post, I've ALWAYS welcomed differing opinions on the album itself!
Criticizing the album is one thing, but to become the spokesperson for for some sort of 'division' seems odd.

I believe latebloomer's initial reply sums up what I would have replied:

latebloomer
Treacles, come on. He (Doxa) was not just assailing the album itself but the people who liked it and you just did the same with your cheer leaders comment. I know you understand the difference.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-11-08 18:23 by Hairball.

Date: November 8, 2015 18:21

Lol, now we're talking over each other Treacles...well you get the creamer out now and I'll start a new pot. smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-11-08 18:24 by latebloomer.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...223224225226227228229230231232233...LastNext
Current Page: 228 of 257

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1945
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home