Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...156157158159160161162163164165166...LastNext
Current Page: 161 of 257
Re: track talk . 'Just A Gift'. From Crosseyed Heart
Date: September 21, 2015 09:59

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-11-11 18:08 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: September 21, 2015 10:06

Oh sorry Rene i had no idea this was your thing
Get BV to delete it if you wish
No worries

Date: September 21, 2015 10:08

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: September 21, 2015 12:35

Especially when many such track talk threads over time probably will cover various songs from different solo albums, immediately to be able to catch in one short view over the subject pages, what one is confronted with, in contrast to band efforts (maybe not only official ones), I would advise that the headline of the subject be retitled to something lik: KR track talk, in other cases: MJ track talk, and so on.

Date: September 21, 2015 15:42

chatoyancy
I think the song is partly truth, partly fiction. I know that every time there's a meteor shower his platonic friend sends him a fax to watch it, but the bars line is probably in there to rhyme with the stars, and then stars becomes a pun for celebrities he runs into in bars...
. WHAT DO YOU MEAN ABOUT METEOR SHOWERS. Sounds interesting.

Re: KR track talk . 'Just A Gift'. From Crosseyed Heart
Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: September 21, 2015 17:34

keefriffhards
SORRY I JUST FOUND OUT RENE DOES TRACK TALK ...

You can still do them, just don't title the thread Track Talk, to avoid confusion. Other than that, all is good!

As for the track, I love it, like most of the album.

KR . 'Suspicious' from Crosseyed Heart
Date: September 21, 2015 02:33

Its haunting me, no song has done this since locked way and before that Gimme Shelter
Its stirring up some old magic

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2015-09-21 22:40 by keefriffhards.

Re: Track Talk. 'Suspicious' from Crosseyed Heart
Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: September 21, 2015 02:45

Great tune. Dark and foreboding.

Posted by: chatoyancy ()
Date: September 21, 2015 06:12

It has two references to Rolling Stones: The words sympathy and satisfied. Is he somehow suspicious of Mick Jagger doing something he's not in on, like on Talk is Cheap? What was Mick doing when these songs were written? Superheavy and film production? Taking time away from Stones...

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: September 21, 2015 06:17

chatoyancy
It has two references to Rolling Stones: The words sympathy and satisfied. Is he somehow suspicious of Mick Jagger doing something he's not in on, like on Talk is Cheap? What was Mick doing when these songs were written? Superheavy and film production? Taking time away from Stones...

or maybe the lyrics sounded better when they contained words which repeat the "s" sound of the title....

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-09-21 06:25 by Turner68.

Posted by: howlingmad ()
Date: September 21, 2015 06:24

This one simultaneously reminds me of Make No Mistake, driving along the L.A. freeway, and that whole period in fall 1997 when the B2B tour started. How's that for completely random vibes? LOL

I also really enjoy the guitar solo and imagine the bootleg title would've been "Look What You've Done To Me".

A little bit OT: Crosseyed Heart LP question
Posted by: stones2000 ()
Date: September 21, 2015 08:13

I just had a question about the vinyl version of Crosseyed Heart. I've got both my CD and Vinyl copies on their way from Amazon, but I noticed in the vinyl description that there are two records included. Does anyone know why there are two records? Can they just not fit the 15 songs on one record? Thanks so much.

Re: A little bit OT: Crosseyed Heart LP question
Posted by: micawber ()
Date: September 21, 2015 09:39

Do you know any other LP with a running time of about 58:00? I don't...

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 21, 2015 09:44

Bridges Ta Babylon runs for around 62 mins and is spread over two albums

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: September 21, 2015 09:53

I guess the sound would be a little too compressed for a single LP.

Date: September 21, 2015 10:12

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: September 21, 2015 11:33

My copy has the typical white cloudiness in the vinyl. But it doesn't affect the sound quality which is great. Nice release.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: September 21, 2015 11:42

Maybe what's missing for the OP (who's a young'un tongue sticking out smiley) is the fact that the technology of pressing vinyl
means that only so many grooves can go on there before the sound gets badly affected.
Apparently the optimum is something like 16 minutes per side but the industry settled on a 20-22 as a sort of standard.

These links sort of explain it: [en.wikipedia.org] and [www.themasterdiskrecord.com]

Date: September 21, 2015 11:50

Posted by: franzk ()
Date: September 21, 2015 11:52

micawber

Don't wanna act like a smart-a$$, but I do:

Todd Rundgren - Initiation 67:34
[en.wikipedia.org])

UFO - 2 59:57
[en.wikipedia.org]

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: September 21, 2015 11:57

Wikipedia says the UK Aftermath was 56 or so.

Posted by: franzk ()
Date: September 21, 2015 11:57

DandelionPowderman

45 minutes is the absolute max. The grooves toward the middle/ending of a vinyl always has inferior sound.

Not really.
Aftermath (UK) - 53:20
Get Yer Ya-Yas Out - 47:36
Highway 61 Revisited - 51:26
Master Of Puppets - 54:46

All of them single LPs.

Date: September 21, 2015 12:02

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: September 21, 2015 12:21

20 mins a side is optimum listening time !

Posted by: djgab ()
Date: September 21, 2015 12:27

the flashpoint LP was quite long, but I can't find the exact duration.
http://www.discogs.com/

the CD length is 76 min and has Rock and Hard place and Can't be seen (about 5 min each) in addition to the LP.

https://en.wikipedia.org
thus about 66 min ?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-09-21 12:31 by djgab.

Posted by: djgab ()
Date: September 21, 2015 13:20

Eric Clapton's From the cradle was initially issued as a single LP and then reissued as a double one.
16 tracks and 60 minutes ...
http://www.discogs.com/

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: September 21, 2015 22:59

DandelionPowderman
with sssoul
Maybe what's missing for the OP (who's a young'un tongue sticking out smiley) is the fact that the technology of pressing vinyl
means that only so many grooves can go on there before the sound gets badly affected.
Apparently the optimum is something like 16 minutes per side but the industry settled on a 20-22 as a sort of standard.

These links sort of explain it: [en.wikipedia.org] and [www.themasterdiskrecord.com]

45 minutes is the absolute max. The grooves toward the middle/ending of a vinyl always has inferior sound.

Not quite ... Black & Blue vinyl is over 45 minutes. I know because back in time, i wasn't able to fit it all on one side of a 90 min cassette tape.

But these days, many vinyl releases are released on 2 lps, even if under 45 mins. It helps when the grooves aren't so close together, it will last longer!

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: September 21, 2015 23:40

franzk
micawber

Don't wanna act like a smart-a$$, but I do:

Todd Rundgren - Initiation 67:34
[en.wikipedia.org])

UFO - 2 59:57
[en.wikipedia.org]

No problem, Bigger Bang 64:23, Bridges 62:27, Voodoo 62:08

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: September 21, 2015 23:51

LeonidP
DandelionPowderman
with sssoul

Not quite ... Black & Blue vinyl is over 45 minutes. I know because back in time, i wasn't able to fit it all on one side of a 90 min cassette tape.

But these days, many vinyl releases are released on 2 lps, even if under 45 mins. It helps when the grooves aren't so close together, it will last longer!
Hey, there's only one groove per side, albeit a long and winding one. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
it's the bass content that needs more space. if there are many tracks crammed on the vinyl it tends to sound brittle with no deep end.

Re: Keith Richards solo album 'Crosseyed Heart' - out September 18
Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: September 21, 2015 23:54

keefriffhards
Over to Naturalust, if you think for one single second that Mick Jagger would have Steve Jordan produce the next Stones album you have gone one flew over the cuckoo's nest lol

I guess I'm not aware of any problems between Steve Jordan and Mick Jagger as you and others have hinted at here. Is there a source for this implication or are you guys just thinking this is a Keith's man vs. Mick's man type of thing? I just figured if he indeed likes the production on Keith's new record it would be something the band might consider. Probably do need the OK of all 4 members for a decision like producer.

I'm said this before but I think bringing in many different producers would be a cool idea. Not only because we would get a good feel for how the producers effect the final Stones sound, but it would get a bunch of great talent, who would all probably do their very best in order for a chance to work with the Stone on perhaps their last record.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...156157158159160161162163164165166...LastNext
Current Page: 161 of 257

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1846
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home