Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...135136137138139140141142143144145...LastNext
Current Page: 140 of 257
Re: Keith Richards solo album 'Crosseyed Heart' - out September 18
Posted by: LongBeachArena72 ()
Date: September 14, 2015 07:45

Hairball
Bashlets
Was in a store today and caught the new edition of ROLLING STONE. Keith's album has a review. Very small and they gave it 3 1/2 stars out of five. Jagger must have told Jann that he better low key the Keith album.

Micks on the warpath and trying to sabotage Keith's success! lol
He's gonna have to hire a small army to try and stop the 'Keith train' from roaring down the tracks.
All aboard the Keith train everybody, next stop SUCCESS!

Absolutely!

There's really only one solution to all this and it's staring us all right in the face: Keith has been held down too long by that conniving bastard Mick Jagger. We must FREE KEITH to do more of the fantastic music he was born to do. Mick out of the band--FREE KEITH!

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 14, 2015 07:49

Hahaha settle down Longbeach! winking smiley

Just noticed there's FIVE sticky threads dedicated to Keith - this must be some kind of an IORR record? lol

Posted by: stones2000 ()
Date: September 14, 2015 08:22

We're getting so close to the album release...I hope Amazon UK gets it to me quickly after the 18th spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-09-14 08:23 by stones2000.

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: September 14, 2015 08:25

stones2000
We're getting so close to the album release...I hope Amazon UK gets it to me quickly after the 18th spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Amazon sent me a note that it will
Arrive at my place on the 18th.

Date: September 14, 2015 08:26

LongBeachArena72
Hairball
Bashlets
Was in a store today and caught the new edition of ROLLING STONE. Keith's album has a review. Very small and they gave it 3 1/2 stars out of five. Jagger must have told Jann that he better low key the Keith album.

Micks on the warpath and trying to sabotage Keith's success! lol
He's gonna have to hire a small army to try and stop the 'Keith train' from roaring down the tracks.
All aboard the Keith train everybody, next stop SUCCESS!

Absolutely!

There's really only one solution to all this and it's staring us all right in the face: Keith has been held down too long by that conniving bastard Mick Jagger. We must FREE KEITH to do more of the fantastic music he was born to do. Mick out of the band--FREE KEITH!

I can tell the time by these posts lol

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: September 14, 2015 09:59

Naturalust
georgelicks
Blueranger
Bashlets

What if it's 3 1/2 stars worth? People trying to hail this record a masterpiece even before it's released, is hilarious.

3 1/2 stars or a 7/10 is a good rating for the album, I think it's a good record with mostly good songs and some filler/random jams, nothing groundbreaking, a good album from a legend, that's all.

Seems about right from what I've heard so far. Obviously the rating would tend to be higher on this Keith loving forum. I'm just looking forward to hearing the couple of ballads everyone is saying are so good. Not that I don't think Jagger has some sway over that butt kissing Wenner, but I actually think Mick is truly proud and happy for Keith and all his attention and success at this point in their lives. Keith has clearly said the Stones are his priority and his success is not a threat to Mick at this point. Why people continue to try to separate such things into some rivalry between Mick and Keith, men in their 70's, is beyond me.

Hehe i just spat out my cornflakes. You really don't know Mick at all do you NL
He is very jealous of Keith, i would go so far as to say he cant stand him.

Date: September 14, 2015 10:15

keefriffhards
Naturalust
georgelicks
Blueranger
Bashlets

What if it's 3 1/2 stars worth? People trying to hail this record a masterpiece even before it's released, is hilarious.

3 1/2 stars or a 7/10 is a good rating for the album, I think it's a good record with mostly good songs and some filler/random jams, nothing groundbreaking, a good album from a legend, that's all.

Seems about right from what I've heard so far. Obviously the rating would tend to be higher on this Keith loving forum. I'm just looking forward to hearing the couple of ballads everyone is saying are so good. Not that I don't think Jagger has some sway over that butt kissing Wenner, but I actually think Mick is truly proud and happy for Keith and all his attention and success at this point in their lives. Keith has clearly said the Stones are his priority and his success is not a threat to Mick at this point. Why people continue to try to separate such things into some rivalry between Mick and Keith, men in their 70's, is beyond me.

He is very jealous of Keith, i would go so far as to say he cant stand him.

riffhards you know better than to read IORR whilst eating cornflakes.... smiling smiley

Date: September 14, 2015 10:36

I actually agree with Naturalust here. I'm pretty sure, at this point, Mick is happy for Keith – at least to an extent smiling smiley

Date: September 14, 2015 10:52

DandelionPowderman
I actually agree with Naturalust here. I'm pretty sure, at this point, Mick is happy for Keith – at least to an extent smiling smiley

indeed. what's good for one, is good for the other. the stones are their legacy, their pride, their source of income.
the better one or the other looks, the better the band looks.
the slagging one another off in the press just makes good headlines/book sales/album sales.

Date: September 14, 2015 11:00

Turner68
DandelionPowderman

indeed. what's good for one, is good for the other. the stones are their legacy, their pride, their source of income.
the better one or the other looks, the better the band looks.
the slagging one another off in the press just makes good headlines/book sales/album sales.

And they know that very well and feed off it smiling smiley

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: September 14, 2015 11:04

Hairball
[Keith has been] steadily jabbing at him throughout their history.

Not "throughout their history", at least not publicly. The open sparring started in the '80s.

And I believe Mick is pleased that Keith's record is getting a warm reception.

Date: September 14, 2015 13:06

Nothing On Me in great quality! What can I say? A wonderful, wonderful track. Should have been the single thumbs up

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: September 14, 2015 17:02

DandelionPowderman
Nothing On Me in great quality! What can I say? A wonderful, wonderful track. Should have been the single thumbs up

It still might be a single. I don't think the early release of Trouble disqualifies it to achieve that status. Are you hearing this one in great quality already or just suggesting that it will be wonderful once you do?

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: September 14, 2015 17:24

Go to page 137! There you will find a way yo listen to the song in all it´s glory! :-D

Date: September 14, 2015 17:29

Naturalust
DandelionPowderman

It still might be a single. I don't think the early release of Trouble disqualifies it to achieve that status. Are you hearing this one in great quality already or just suggesting that it will be wonderful once you do?

It was broadcasted on the Andrew Marr show.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: September 14, 2015 17:34

Aaron Neville is one of the background singers on Nothing On Me. I wasn't feeling the earlier pirate copy but this has a nice pop rock feel and I like the drums a lot!! thumbs upthumbs up

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: September 14, 2015 17:34

Bjorn
Go to page 137! There you will find a way yo listen to the song in all it´s glory! :-D

OK thanks Bjorn. Just checked it out. Nice tune. I can see this one growing on me.

Date: September 14, 2015 17:39

Cool! :-D

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 14, 2015 17:49

with sssoul
Hairball
[Keith has been] steadily jabbing at him throughout their history.

Not "throughout their history", at least not publicly. The open sparring started in the '80s.

And I believe Mick is pleased that Keith's record is getting a warm reception.

True with sssoul - I should have worded it differently.
Still curious (in a morbid way) what Keith held back from Life book to appease Mick.
On the other hand, maybe not...eye popping smiley

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: September 14, 2015 17:57

Really nice song. So far I'm digging all 6 tracks. Only 4 more days until the wait is over. Hope there will be some live performances, even if it's only TV/Radio programs.

Posted by: LongBeachArena72 ()
Date: September 14, 2015 18:11

keefriffhards
Naturalust
georgelicks
Blueranger
Bashlets

He is very jealous of Keith
, i would go so far as to say he cant stand him.

Ahh, young riffhards, I believe you may be violating one of your own commandments: none of us really knows these guys and we shouldn't pretend we do. We can make suppositions based on public statements (which are often quoted out of context or uttered in order to get a headline in order to sell a record) but that's about it, at the end of the day.

Posted by: OpenG ()
Date: September 14, 2015 19:02

I would agree nothing on me is a great track. Keith sorted sounds like an old Mark Knopfler on the chorus.

play the guitar boy.

Posted by: tumbled ()
Date: September 14, 2015 19:27

LOTS OF LOVE FOR THIS WONDERFUL ANALOG FULL sPECTRUm FULL SOUND AlBUM THANK YOU FOR REAL MUSIC. We have been thirsty and you have quenched our thirst

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: September 14, 2015 19:34

Ratings are overrated.

Date: September 14, 2015 19:38

Agree..Tumbled. Sounds so fresh and close and beautiful!

Date: September 14, 2015 21:22

LongBeachArena72
keefriffhards
Naturalust
georgelicks
Blueranger
Bashlets

He is very jealous of Keith
, i would go so far as to say he cant stand him.

Ahh, young riffhards, I believe you may be violating one of your own commandments: none of us really knows these guys and we shouldn't pretend we do. We can make suppositions based on public statements (which are often quoted out of context or uttered in order to get a headline in order to sell a record) but that's about it, at the end of the day.

I don't need to know them personally to read body language
I do think that the fact that they look very uncomfortable in each others company speaks volumes.
I am not being horrible or negative i am just saying it how it is
They cant bare to be in an interview together or spend time together back stage before a show
They travel separately at all times
Look, i will put it this way because i have been told to play nice on this board
They may love each other but they don't like each other
Who knows the reasons why, because they used to be so close it was beautiful to behold. I think it was in the Charlie Is My Darling film, just watching them play and sing together was lovely, they were like two halves that make a whole
But i think these days its a business relationship, friendship is not something that comes to mind when i see them together
Mind you there is a very fine line between love and hate..

Date: September 14, 2015 21:26

OpenG
I would agree nothing on me is a great track. Keith sorted sounds like an old Mark Knopfler on the chorus.

play the guitar boy.

Yes he does indeed sound like Mark Knopfler on this track
It came to my mind instantly i heard it, although Keith sounds much better vocaly than Mark IMHO

Date: September 14, 2015 21:45

First time Keith reminded me of Mark was on Yap Yap.

This track is much better, imo.

Posted by: MarthaTuesday ()
Date: September 14, 2015 23:43

Can't wait to get the album! Haven't had a chance to check in here or check out the final song or two released in that treasure hunt thing....think might wait now so I can enjoy it all at once.

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: September 14, 2015 23:54

I just found the 3.5 stars review of Keith's album and, even after reading the review was still looking forward to hearing the album. Then I did a search and found out that RSM had given the Superheavy album a 4 star rating. Although I really can't stand the magazine, should I be now worried that Keith's record isn't as good as the Superheavy record?

Peace,
Mr DJA

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...135136137138139140141142143144145...LastNext
Current Page: 140 of 257

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2052
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home