Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7677787980818283848586...LastNext
Current Page: 81 of 257
Re: Keith Richards solo album 'Crosseyed Heart' - out September 18
Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: August 18, 2015 01:49

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: August 18, 2015 01:52

dont want the snippets. Cant wait for the album and The announcement of some Keef Solo gigs. Hopefully in Amsterdam, or else, somewhere in Europe!!
Come on Keef, you are hot as hell !!

One Love

Jeroen

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: August 18, 2015 02:02

Thanks Dandy for your review by the way !!!just got back from work. Enjoying a glass of wine and a cigarette. And this Great keef news is a perfect ending of my day.

Wish i could buy the cd now

jeroen

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-08-18 02:03 by corriecas.

Posted by: drewmaster ()
Date: August 18, 2015 02:29

Naturalust
I must admit I'm a bit suspicious of a review that has nothing but high praise for every song on the record.

Reminds of when Rolling Stone magazine gave a 5-star review to Goddess in the Doorway ...

Drew

Posted by: lucasd4 ()
Date: August 18, 2015 02:32

Thank you!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-08-21 02:58 by lucasd4.

Posted by: longlongwinter ()
Date: August 18, 2015 02:42

Please share if you can. Much appreciated!

mswanston@prefcap.com

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: August 18, 2015 02:43

Thank you in advance iorr's people

mbozzi77@yahoo.com.ar

Any chance to get that one??

Posted by: ohmercy61 ()
Date: August 18, 2015 02:53

I've listened to trouble 10 times in a row the song rocks I freakn love it!!!can't wait to hear the rest!!!

Posted by: ohmercy61 ()
Date: August 18, 2015 02:57

A winter keith tour would be awesome the Orpheum in Boston awaits keith !!!!

Posted by: boituvense ()
Date: August 18, 2015 03:04

If you could send a review to a brazilian, I would be very thankful!!!
joaocelsomarcon@hotmail.com

Posted by: tumbled ()
Date: August 18, 2015 04:09

I can't find it anywhere. the suspense is killing me. I have already pre-bought 2 copies. hellolisa77@gmail.com

Posted by: frtylicks ()
Date: August 18, 2015 06:13

Could you please send me some snippets. chipfreeman@charter.net Thanks!!

Posted by: donvis ()
Date: August 18, 2015 06:32

Could I please get the snippets also? Thank you so much
donbrhoden@yahoo.com

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: August 18, 2015 08:19

BILLPERKS
keefriffhards
I can't help but think how amazing these reviews are considering the man was all but washed up in 2007'
He must have been rusty making this album, but still he comes up with this
Is Keith going to go down in history as the comeback king of all time
I wonder if this is the by product of his sobriety
Just what may have been, if he had gave the booze up 20 years earlier
And also what patience he showed in waiting for a time period to finally release it.
Sorry about keep going on about Keith all the time but he is something else smoking smiley

Get a grip. Where did you get that he is sober?

Its common knowledge, Patti, his wife said he was embracing a life of sobriety. She should know.
Who knows for sure but he has been sober in interviews and chat shows for a long time.
His playing since 2012 suggests he has cleaned up his act too. He hit the booze hard in 07' it was clear to see.
Although he has started drinking the odd tipple again recently by the sound of it.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-08-18 09:07 by keefriffhards.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: August 18, 2015 08:27

Let’s start at the bottom and work our way up as I tend to do in bed…

15.) “Lover’s Plea” recalls “How Can I Stop?” with horns right out of “Let’s Go Steady.” If you like either of those two songs, you’ll like this. A nice album-closer. Great drumming by Mr. Jordan. Keith has made songs like this his trademark over the past thirty-five years.
14.) “Substantial Damage” is another “It Means a Lot” in that it’s a similar rocking funk jam. The critical will call it unfinished. Keith diehards will love its sloppy grace. Some will think Keith shouting over the studio intercom is influenced by Tom Waits’ now-familiar antics with a megaphone. This isn’t a song in the typical sense of the word. It’s Keith chasing a riff with Steve Jordan never missing a beat. Nice understated organ by Mr. Neville.
13.) “Goodnight, Irene” is as far out there as this album gets. It’s also probably the closest we’ll get to Keith recalling the Longview Farm or Interchange Studio sessions. He makes a convincing bid for immortality on this raw, rootsy version of the folk chestnut. This one isn’t cleaned up with overdubs, but has a one-take feel to it. It may be a challenge for some, but I liked it straight off. Good for Keith for having the courage to put this out naked and honest.
12.) “Just a Gift” is yet another one that recalls “How Can I Stop?” The sheer number of soft acoustic numbers about heartbreak make me consider SMOOTH 180 would have been a better album title than CROSSEYED HEART. Strong lyrics and Keith does a nice job with the vocal. The music is tight, but just serves to underscore the vocal although it builds to a strong finish that fades out too soon. I like it, but if you’re not into Keith’s soft numbers, you might not like this one as much. It is stronger than “The Worst” or “This Place is Empty” if that helps any naysayers.
11.) “Illusion” starts off sounding like the demo for “Baby, Break It Down” before the melody line moves closer to “Demon” territory. A certain recurring line from the chorus of “Low Down” encores here before Norah Jones’ bit starts. If you’re expecting another “Love Hurts,” you’ll be disappointed. Ms. Jones is very talented and has a co-writing credit here, but her voice seems ill-matched for Keith on this one. I would have preferred Sarah Dash as the blend of Keith and Nora's vocals just doesn’t happen for me. A pity since I enjoyed their duet at the Gram Parsons tribute. Nice understated guitar solo that recalls “Locked Away.”
10.) “Something for Nothing” opens with a gospel choir from Harlem that has definite echoes of Wingless Angels before Steve Jordan’s infectious drumming starts. The opening guitar lines sound a bit like “You Got It Made.” This is a strong one. It’s not commercial in the usual sense, but its a beauty of a song. Part of the joy of this album is Keith has found the freedom to simply make music he’s proud of free of anyone’s expectations. This song is like “How I Wish” all grown up as you’ll likely think when you hear Waddy’s restrained solo. This one is truly joy to my ears.
9.) “Blues in the Morning” is a disappointment to me. There’s nothing wrong with it except that it’s the sort of clichéd rockin’ boogie Keith should be able to knock off in his sleep. Diehard fans will love the guitar work and Bobby’s all too brief solo, but the melody line is straight out of the Chess Records songbook as the title also suggests. No one drops the ball here, I just expected something special when this is just demonstrating all concerned have their chops down playing the music that inspired them. Of course as the song's punchline says, Keith doesn’t care because he’s a billionaire.
8.) “Suspicious” is another slow one in the same vein as “Demon” and “How Can I Stop?” There are a few songs like this here, but they don’t really sound like variations on a theme. They’re just the style Keith has found comfortable writing and, more importantly, delivering. A nice, but all too brief guitar solo. Very atmospheric low key keyboard work. It’s easy to overlook how good songs like this one are. It will likely grow on listeners. This is really a lovely song.
7.) “Nothing On Me” is the other really catchy rocker that seems like a nice partner to “Heartstopper.” The vocal and melody line reminds me a bit of “Baby, Break It Down” before turning into a faster-paced variation on “Demon.” Very tasteful organ work by Mr. Neville. Interesting to contrast his playing on this album and how it has matured from the style he showcased with the Winos. This song is another highlight. Keith definitely has favorite chords and even lyrics and themes he returns to time and again, but if you’re a fan, you’ll come away loving this largely mature late-period work from one of rock’s elder statesmen. This album sees an old dog enjoying his favorite tricks.
6.) “Love Overdue” is a reggae tune in the same mold as “You Don’t Have To Mean It.” More upbeat with a ska vibe and similar horns to BRIDGES TO BABYLON's lone attempt to marry Wingless Angels with the Winos. Gregory Isaac’s lyrics fit well in Keith’s vocabulary and sound as if he could have written them (especially since he raided this song's lyrics when writing “All About You” thirty-five years ago). Nothing extraordinary, but very pleasing and a nice change of pace. I haven’t heard the Lee “Scratch” Perry dub mix so I don’t know what to make of that one.
5.) “Trouble” is very familiar by now. It is undeniably catchy if a bit too clichéd and overly simple lyrically. The echo of “Too Tight” and the sheer joy Keith expresses playing this one makes all the difference. The acoustic guitar is really the highlight here along with Keith's bass playing.
4.) “Robbed Blind” is the one acoustic number here that doesn’t seem evocative of an earlier Keith number. I like it. It’s musically grounded in familiar territory, but it’s new territory for Keith. This would not sound out of place on a post-Dire Straits Mark Knopfler album with its crying pedal steel. Lyrically and in terms of Keith’s vocal, this might be the album highlight. The piano work shows the influence of Floyd Cramer. I do love this song. There’s a passage that recalls Dylan’s “Desolation Row” just as another song echoes “Like a Rolling Stone” at one point. Keith proves he can hold his own among his peers and betters and in 2015 that’s quite a miracle.
3.) “Amnesia” starts out with Keith muttering to himself and you soon realize he’s playing a character, something one usually only thinks of Mick doing in a song. The suggestion of his Fiji accident is unavoidable. The beat Steve Jordan lays down is great. Keith’s guitar work is impressive but very un-Keith-like. That isn’t a bad thing at all at this late date. Quite simply this song works. Strong vocals and melody make for a surprising breath of fresh air. This is adventurous and who expected that from Keith in 2015?
2.) “Heartstopper” is probably the one track I wish was blasting out of the radio, but this is 2015 so it isn’t. It’s a great track with driving Steve Jordan beat and similar stellar guitar work as on “Amnesia” leading to an infectious chorus (that slightly recalls “Breakin”). There are some great lyrics (“She’s a vegetarian, but me – I love my meat”) and the solo turns into pure Keith. I never expected four surprisingly fresh rockers on this album that are the highlight for Keith fans much more than “Trouble.”
1.) “Crosseyed Heart” is my least favorite track. A pedestrian blues fragment much like “Hurricane” was a folk fragment. Not a song nor a stunning performance, just a sketch of an unfinished idea. It might have better served as a hidden track at the end of the disc as this is more of an outro than an intro to my ears.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-08-18 08:47 by Rocky Dijon.

Posted by: howlingmad ()
Date: August 18, 2015 08:51

Rocky Dijon
4.) “Robbed Blind” is the one acoustic number here that doesn’t seem evocative of another Keith number.

To me this one evokes Toronto-era Keith with traces of "Sing Me Back Home" in the verses. It's an early contender for my favorite track and I love the subject matter of the lyrics: A junkie who's had his stash ripped off, complete with the repeated line, "The cops, I can't involve them..."

I agree about the hint of "How Can I Stop" creeping into "Lover's Plea"- which is a great little slice of Memphis Soul- and the "Demon"-esque quality to "Illusion.

"Substantial Damage" is what I always imagined Keith's version of "Might As Well Get Juiced" would be like: Funky, raw, and chaotic.

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: August 18, 2015 09:18

That's one hell of a review. Thanks for your trouble Rocky
Really looking forward to this album now

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: August 18, 2015 09:19

Rocky Dijon
Let’s start at the bottom and work our way up as I tend to do in bed…

15.) “Lover’s Plea” recalls “How Can I Stop?” with horns right out of “Let’s Go Steady.” If you like either of those two songs, you’ll like this. A nice album-closer. Great drumming by Mr. Jordan. Keith has made songs like this his trademark over the past thirty-five years.
14.) “Substantial Damage” is another “It Means a Lot” in that it’s a similar rocking funk jam. The critical will call it unfinished. Keith diehards will love its sloppy grace. Some will think Keith shouting over the studio intercom is influenced by Tom Waits’ now-familiar antics with a megaphone. This isn’t a song in the typical sense of the word. It’s Keith chasing a riff with Steve Jordan never missing a beat. Nice understated organ by Mr. Neville.
13.) “Goodnight, Irene” is as far out there as this album gets. It’s also probably the closest we’ll get to Keith recalling the Longview Farm or Interchange Studio sessions. He makes a convincing bid for immortality on this raw, rootsy version of the folk chestnut. This one isn’t cleaned up with overdubs, but has a one-take feel to it. It may be a challenge for some, but I liked it straight off. Good for Keith for having the courage to put this out naked and honest.
12.) “Just a Gift” is yet another one that recalls “How Can I Stop?” The sheer number of soft acoustic numbers about heartbreak make me consider SMOOTH 180 would have been a better album title than CROSSEYED HEART. Strong lyrics and Keith does a nice job with the vocal. The music is tight, but just serves to underscore the vocal although it builds to a strong finish that fades out too soon. I like it, but if you’re not into Keith’s soft numbers, you might not like this one as much. It is stronger than “The Worst” or “This Place is Empty” if that helps any naysayers.
11.) “Illusion” starts off sounding like the demo for “Baby, Break It Down” before the melody line moves closer to “Demon” territory. A certain recurring line from the chorus of “Low Down” encores here before Norah Jones’ bit starts. If you’re expecting another “Love Hurts,” you’ll be disappointed. Ms. Jones is very talented and has a co-writing credit here, but her voice seems ill-matched for Keith on this one. I would have preferred Sarah Dash as the blend of Keith and Nora's vocals just doesn’t happen for me. A pity since I enjoyed their duet at the Gram Parsons tribute. Nice understated guitar solo that recalls “Locked Away.”
10.) “Something for Nothing” opens with a gospel choir from Harlem that has definite echoes of Wingless Angels before Steve Jordan’s infectious drumming starts. The opening guitar lines sound a bit like “You Got It Made.” This is a strong one. It’s not commercial in the usual sense, but its a beauty of a song. Part of the joy of this album is Keith has found the freedom to simply make music he’s proud of free of anyone’s expectations. This song is like “How I Wish” all grown up as you’ll likely think when you hear Waddy’s restrained solo. This one is truly joy to my ears.
9.) “Blues in the Morning” is a disappointment to me. There’s nothing wrong with it except that it’s the sort of clichéd rockin’ boogie Keith should be able to knock off in his sleep. Diehard fans will love the guitar work and Bobby’s all too brief solo, but the melody line is straight out of the Chess Records songbook as the title also suggests. No one drops the ball here, I just expected something special when this is just demonstrating all concerned have their chops down playing the music that inspired them. Of course as the song's punchline says, Keith doesn’t care because he’s a billionaire.
8.) “Suspicious” is another slow one in the same vein as “Demon” and “How Can I Stop?” There are a few songs like this here, but they don’t really sound like variations on a theme. They’re just the style Keith has found comfortable writing and, more importantly, delivering. A nice, but all too brief guitar solo. Very atmospheric low key keyboard work. It’s easy to overlook how good songs like this one are. It will likely grow on listeners. This is really a lovely song.
7.) “Nothing On Me” is the other really catchy rocker that seems like a nice partner to “Heartstopper.” The vocal and melody line reminds me a bit of “Baby, Break It Down” before turning into a faster-paced variation on “Demon.” Very tasteful organ work by Mr. Neville. Interesting to contrast his playing on this album and how it has matured from the style he showcased with the Winos. This song is another highlight. Keith definitely has favorite chords and even lyrics and themes he returns to time and again, but if you’re a fan, you’ll come away loving this largely mature late-period work from one of rock’s elder statesmen. This album sees an old dog enjoying his favorite tricks.
6.) “Love Overdue” is a reggae tune in the same mold as “You Don’t Have To Mean It.” More upbeat with a ska vibe and similar horns to BRIDGES TO BABYLON's lone attempt to marry Wingless Angels with the Winos. Gregory Isaac’s lyrics fit well in Keith’s vocabulary and sound as if he could have written them (especially since he raided this song's lyrics when writing “All About You” thirty-five years ago). Nothing extraordinary, but very pleasing and a nice change of pace. I haven’t heard the Lee “Scratch” Perry dub mix so I don’t know what to make of that one.
5.) “Trouble” is very familiar by now. It is undeniably catchy if a bit too clichéd and overly simple lyrically. The echo of “Too Tight” and the sheer joy Keith expresses playing this one makes all the difference. The acoustic guitar is really the highlight here along with Keith's bass playing.
4.) “Robbed Blind” is the one acoustic number here that doesn’t seem evocative of an earlier Keith number. I like it. It’s musically grounded in familiar territory, but it’s new territory for Keith. This would not sound out of place on a post-Dire Straits Mark Knopfler album with its crying pedal steel. Lyrically and in terms of Keith’s vocal, this might be the album highlight. The piano work shows the influence of Floyd Cramer. I do love this song. There’s a passage that recalls Dylan’s “Desolation Row” just as another song echoes “Like a Rolling Stone” at one point. Keith proves he can hold his own among his peers and betters and in 2015 that’s quite a miracle.
3.) “Amnesia” starts out with Keith muttering to himself and you soon realize he’s playing a character, something one usually only thinks of Mick doing in a song. The suggestion of his Fiji accident is unavoidable. The beat Steve Jordan lays down is great. Keith’s guitar work is impressive but very un-Keith-like. That isn’t a bad thing at all at this late date. Quite simply this song works. Strong vocals and melody make for a surprising breath of fresh air. This is adventurous and who expected that from Keith in 2015?
2.) “Heartstopper” is probably the one track I wish was blasting out of the radio, but this is 2015 so it isn’t. It’s a great track with ydriving Steve Jordan beat and similar stellar guitar work as on “Amnesia” leading to an infectious chorus (that slightly recalls “Breakin”). There are some great lyrics (“She’s a vegetarian, but me – I love my meat”) and the solo turns into pure Keith. I never expected four surprisingly fresh rockers on this album that are the highlight for Keith fans much more than “Trouble.”
1.) “Crosseyed Heart” is my least favorite track. A pedestrian blues fragment much like “Hurricane” was a folk fragment. Not a song nor a stunning performance, just a sketch of an unfinished idea. It might have better served as a hidden track at the end of the disc as this is more of an outro than an intro to my ears.

Nice review RD! thumbs up

Date: August 18, 2015 09:27

drewmaster
Naturalust
I must admit I'm a bit suspicious of a review that has nothing but high praise for every song on the record.

Reminds of when Rolling Stone magazine gave a 5-star review to Goddess in the Doorway ...

Drew

Drew, if you read Dandelion Powderman and Rocky Dijon's reviews the Rolling Stone Magazine become unnecessary! I can tell you that CH is a honest album played with heart and soul with no filler. Enjoy it! smileys with beer

Date: August 18, 2015 10:05

Date: August 18, 2015 10:17

...less snippets, more orders!
[www.keithrichards.com]
winking smiley

Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()
Date: August 18, 2015 10:30

It might not be quite as good as Talk is Cheap, but there's a conversation to be had. Robbed Blind... Nothing on Me.... Something For Nothing... Suspicion... Heartstopper, yeah, but that one's melodic chorus may have produced a Stones hit if Jagger had sung it straight. Keith is a bit in Leonard Cohen, Tom Waits territory, mature work, but with more roll, Gram-like country and R&B leanings. It's a bit of a surprise for him to have made such a musical album. And it's stripped back, a taste of background vocals, one duet, a smattering of guitar from Waddy, but mostly Keith, on guitars and bass some some keys when it isn't Ivan. Keith and Steve Jordan have made a very intelligent record. It's legit.

Best Rolling Stones album since..... Talk is Cheap. The lyrics aren't global, nor are the production values, but it's worth repeated listening. Good for him.

Date: August 18, 2015 10:37

I don't think I've heard better Keith vocals than on Nothing On Me. Simply brilliant! thumbs up

Date: August 18, 2015 10:50

DandelionPowderman
I don't think I've heard better Keith vocals than on Nothing On Me. Simply brilliant! thumbs up

thumbs up

Date: August 18, 2015 10:57

TeddyB1018
It might not be quite as good as Talk is Cheap, but there's a conversation to be had. Robbed Blind... Nothing on Me.... Something For Nothing... Suspicion... Heartstopper, yeah, but that one's melodic chorus may have produced a Stones hit if Jagger had sung it straight. Keith is a bit in Leonard Cohen, Tom Waits territory, mature work, but with more roll, Gram-like country and R&B leanings. It's a bit of a surprise for him to have made such a musical album. And it's stripped back, a taste of background vocals, one duet, a smattering of guitar from Waddy, but mostly Keith, on guitars and bass some some keys when it isn't Ivan. Keith and Steve Jordan have made a very intelligent record. It's legit.

Best Rolling Stones album since..... Talk is Cheap. The lyrics aren't global, nor are the production values, but it's worth repeated listening. Good for him.

The only thing missing on CH to be as good as TIC is...another Take it so hard!

Posted by: zwi2001 ()
Date: August 18, 2015 11:08

I would like the review snippets please.

ma.kolb@gmx.de

Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: August 18, 2015 11:38

TeddyB1018

Teddy, any whiff of gig news?

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: August 18, 2015 12:03

I've pre-ordered this, but like everyone else I can't wait. Somebody please send me an e-mail. Thank you in advance. frankotero@hotmail.com

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: August 18, 2015 12:35

Thanks everybody for the mighty tantalizing reviews - makes my waiting dreamier :E

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: August 18, 2015 13:03

The premise is that of course IT IS NOT possible to review a record from the audio quality of that boot. So here is my attempt to share a first impression. Hope it does to you what this first listen does to me: makes me want to put my hands and ears on the real thing smiling smiley

"Crosseyed Heart" is "Keith's Boogie" and that's all. I Agree with Rocky Dijon, it would have been a great choice for a hidden track at the end. Here it seems to be at the beginning only for the punchline: That's all I got.

"Heartstopper" goes from "Cant be seen" back toward "Wanna Hold you". It could fit in "Talk is Cheap" as a twin of "How I Wish" and its Kinks' flavour. It has a single in it. Not my favoured one at the moment. I like the outro though.

"Amnesia" is instead on of my favourite tracks here. It is in the slot of "Struggle" and reminds me a bit of that with no reggae vibe though. Great guitar work, great beats. Godly played.

"Robbed Blind" is in the territory of a stretched "The Worst" and "This Place is Empty", a failed attempt to reach the perfection of "Locked Away". One of my fav ballad of the record though.

Many seem to be let down by this for its simplicity but that is just why I like "Trouble" very much with its nod to the fifties and Keith's Attitude up front.

"Love Overdue" is the strongest disappointment. Look forward to hear the Scratch Lee Perry version though. To me this is another missed oppurtunity to pour the spirit of the Wingless Angels reggae in a Richards record. Still he prefers to stick to a more pop and reagular form of it. At best you can hear reminiscenses of "Too Rude" but it does nothing to me.

As it does "Nothing on me". This one has the "Main Offender" ballad trademark and to me bears its points of weakness. Very thin inspiration. Here's a filler. A faint end of the road that began with "Almost hear you sigh".

And that is not the case of "Suspicious". Again, it reminds me of "This place is empty", here merging with "Make no mistake". Better than the first but cant compete with the latter. Good desert-soul ballad as "Robbed Blind".

I would say of "Blues in the morning" the same as "Trouble". To my ears its straightforwardness and sheer simplicity are a plus not a minus. Anyway this is really an excercise in a specific genre even more than "I could have stood you up", but it is accomplished with style and groove.

Where "Nothing on me" fails "Something for nothing" succedes. Here a simple idea turns into a trademark Keith's "pop" song. Everything sounds familiar but in a good way. Not a masterpiece maybe not even a great song but an accomplished one via the gospel ingredient added.

"Illusion" has a beautiful haunted piano - by Keith I assume. When Norah Jones enters I have the strange feeling that this would be a terrific ballad Without Keith vocals. Here his crooner style pushes it over the top to my ears. Wonder what could happen with Mick. Great stuff anyway.

"Just a Gift" still lingers on "Place is empty" territories and again Keith finds a gem wandering there. "Locked Away" is still up there unreachable but this comes close.

This is a perfect cover of Leadbelly, of course Keith feels comfortable in here but you can even hear some reminiscenses of mid sixties Stones exercises in country and folk. "The Singer not the song", "Sittin on a fence". Maybe it's me. Anyway I like it a lot.

I love Keith's funky side. I love "Dance Pt.1" and I adore "Big Enough". Here this grooves are blended in a more rocking vibe a la "It means a lot". It is rough, barbarian and maybe unfinished yes. But/and it levitates me smiling smiley "Pretty beat up" is somewhere around here and that is a damn good thing smiling smiley

While "How Can I Stop" bended toward a more jazzy landscape, here the same stuff is shaped into a straight Stax ballad. "Lover's plea" (this must be the 100th song with this title..) is beautifully played and a nice way to close the record.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7677787980818283848586...LastNext
Current Page: 81 of 257

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1487
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home