Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7980818283848586878889...LastNext
Current Page: 84 of 257
Re: Keith Richards solo album 'Crosseyed Heart' - out September 18
Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()
Date: August 19, 2015 01:11

Rollin92
TeddyB1018
It might not be quite as good as Talk is Cheap, but there's a conversation to be had. Robbed Blind... Nothing on Me.... Something For Nothing... Suspicion... Heartstopper, yeah, but that one's melodic chorus may have produced a Stones hit if Jagger had sung it straight. Keith is a bit in Leonard Cohen, Tom Waits territory, mature work, but with more roll, Gram-like country and R&B leanings. It's a bit of a surprise for him to have made such a musical album. And it's stripped back, a taste of background vocals, one duet, a smattering of guitar from Waddy, but mostly Keith, on guitars and bass some some keys when it isn't Ivan. Keith and Steve Jordan have made a very intelligent record. It's legit.

Best Rolling Stones album since..... Talk is Cheap. The lyrics aren't global, nor are the production values, but it's worth repeated listening. Good for him.

Teddy, any whiff of gig news?

Nothing concrete as of ten days ago.

Date: August 19, 2015 01:17

KRiffhard
"Nothing on me"...all of you will love this song!

Glad you're digging it.

I'd like to add that Keith's piano is a highlight of the album. Floyd Cramer indeed. That's what separates something like Robbed Blind from some of the similar records Keith's made with the Stones during the sunset years.

Date: August 19, 2015 01:19

gwen
I just gave it a listen. At first I wouldnt call it Keith's best, but it surely doesnt pale compared to the previous two. A beautiful trilogy.

I just try to imagine how floored I would have been if this had been released prior august, 2012. That year, I was first relieved to see Keith standing on his two feet, all smiles and joking outside Suresnes. Then later, again relieved to hear him play guitar in Bondy.

Also, I'm trying to fit One More Shot in there and I'm not sure where it should go. It sounds a little below those 15 tracks.

"That's all I got!"

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: August 19, 2015 01:57

From keithrichards.com:

Unlock music from Crosseyed Heart!

Four English Heritage plaques will be placed around London and South West England in significant places of Keith's life over the next four weeks.

Each plaque contains a unique password which unlocks a new song from the upcoming album Crosseyed Heart. Once the music has been unlocked, anyone in the world can listen.

A new location will be revealed on Facebook and Twitter each week until the album is released, starting today.

For instructions, music and more information, head over to [www.crosseyedheart.com]

Posted by: Deathgod ()
Date: August 19, 2015 02:04

bye bye johnny
From keithrichards.com:

Unlock music from Crosseyed Heart!

Four English Heritage plaques will be placed around London and South West England in significant places of Keith's life over the next four weeks.

Each plaque contains a unique password which unlocks a new song from the upcoming album Crosseyed Heart. Once the music has been unlocked, anyone in the world can listen.

A new location will be revealed on Facebook and Twitter each week until the album is released, starting today.

For instructions, music and more information, head over to [www.crosseyedheart.com]

This sounds like fun. Good to see Keef and his PR peeps having a crack.

Posted by: kish_stoned ()
Date: August 19, 2015 02:05

why fans complain of more songs on the cd ,if keith did not put them out you will go OUT and buy a bootleg and you can PLAY the cds to what track you want to hear,i like more songs than less ,BIGGER BANG IS A WINNER,PLAY IT LOUD.

Posted by: two4fun111 ()
Date: August 19, 2015 02:55

Please send my way. I will pay it forward.

jhat111@gmail.com

Posted by: tumbled ()
Date: August 19, 2015 03:55

Thanks to all the wonderful guys here that sent me a link. It was a puzzle to figure out how to loosen up the flacs but I found that downloading VLC free software allowed me to click on media and open (after extracting the zipped download by right clicking to extract the files). Windows Media Player or iTunes won't play it, you have to download VLC player which is free. soulful guitar licks beautiful piano, the horns and the choir, intriguing lyrics. how does he do it? the sound that is so beautiful on a summer night wafting out onto the open air. just a gem. can't wait to get the album. That lover's plea harkens to Otis redding, and there is key to the highway in the cross-eyed heart. multiple reminiscent riffs sprinkled throughout. just remarkable.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-08-19 04:04 by tumbled.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: August 19, 2015 04:25

Will the plaques and passwords for each song stay up until they are all there? I hope they don't disappear after each new one is revealed. I bet Keith hasn't a clue how to unlock them. grinning smiley

Posted by: gimmekeef ()
Date: August 19, 2015 04:50

Folks....thank you for all the wonderful opinions. Would really appreciate a link.....thank you very kindly

gimmeshelter27@yahoo.com

Posted by: bluesinc. ()
Date: August 19, 2015 09:06

A link would be gerät, cant walt. Ordered the Vinyl anyway.

kontakt@girmindl.at

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: August 19, 2015 11:19

That's a very nice gesture and cool way to give us 4 songs. It will keep us occupied while we're waiting for 18 September. Thanks to whoever is involved with this idea.

Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: August 19, 2015 12:24

Are these actual plaques? I can't see any news etc on the web of what these plaques say or are for - anyone have any idea?

Posted by: wupperstein ()
Date: August 19, 2015 12:42

Please, I also like to get it.
Thanx in advance.

sway1971@freenet.de

Date: August 19, 2015 12:56

Cmon Londoners, get out there and do some unlocking

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: August 19, 2015 13:24

TeddyB1018
KRiffhard
"Nothing on me"...all of you will love this song!

Glad you're digging it.

I'd like to add that Keith's piano is a highlight of the album. Floyd Cramer indeed. That's what separates something like Robbed Blind from some of the similar records Keith's made with the Stones during the sunset years.

Hi Teddy, i want to thank you for all the information you have given over the years about this new solo project. You have been very patient...especially with me!
Here are some of your posts dating back to 4 years ago when many of us doubted that Keith could continue to play:

Date: January 26, 2011 20:37
"Keith has been doing some recording with Pierre too. Don't know what for."

Date: May 28, 2011 21:54
"Keith is still recording toward a potential Winos project and there are growing rumblings toward Stones activity for next year after the Super Heavy project."

Date: July 24, 2011 07:50
"Keith is still in the studio working. Not asking anyone to take my word for it, but a close source claims he's playing his ass off."

Re: Keith Can Play.
Date: August 15, 2011 05:02
"Yes. He's playing very well."

Re: Keith Finally Back At Work
Date: October 3, 2011 02:59
Yep. He's also back in the studio working in his own stuff. Playing well.

Date: October 22, 2011 21:45
They've been recording in both Connecticut and New York City.

Date: June 27, 2012 21:35

I'm around, Riffhard. Keith is still working in the studio with Pierre as of two days ago. The word I heard from someone present daily at the studio in New Jersey is that it sounded really, even surprisingly great. Of course, as Gazza might point out, what are they going to say? -- especially as Gazza seems to have heard a bit differently. Anyway, it's all slowly moving forward. We can't say full steam ahead, as it's been more glacial, and Mick is obviously being cautious, but everyone still expects another go-round for the Stones.

... thumbs up

Keith's new game (early release of new music...)
Posted by: Librarian ()
Date: August 19, 2015 03:37

http://www.keithrichards.com/crosseyedheart

The first Heritage plaque location is in a place that Keith spent a lot of his teenage years.
Visit this place with a phone or tablet to unlock the first track. Visit www.crosseyedheart.com for more information.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-08-19 03:40 by Librarian.

Re: Keith's new game (early release of new music...)
Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: August 19, 2015 10:39

Keith's Twitter gives the address.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: August 19, 2015 10:48

"When a song is unlocked, everyone around the world will be able to listen here at crosseyedheart.com "
Get a move on, darlins!

Posted by: Stone601 ()
Date: August 19, 2015 12:20

I found the address and plaque on my tablet, but local service are required to use the map.
confused smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-08-19 12:32 by Stone601.

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: August 19, 2015 12:30

Keith is still a child indeed

Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: August 19, 2015 12:40

What plaque? I can't see a plaque on google maps or is there any news stories about upcoming plaques over the next few weeks?

Date: August 19, 2015 12:57

Cmon Londoners, get moving

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: August 19, 2015 13:04

Rollin92
What plaque? I can't see a plaque on google maps
or is there any news stories about upcoming plaques over the next few weeks?

You gots to read the instructions on [www.keithrichards.com] !
Yes there are new plaques going up and someone's got to actually go to each site -
C'mon Londoners indeed!

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: August 19, 2015 14:15

Guys, you need to go there in PERSON, not check it on Google Maps.
We need someone to go right to that address and follow the instructions on the phone. They will use your phone's location data to match it with the address they gave and then unlock the song.

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: August 19, 2015 14:38

Lorenz
Guys, you need to go there in PERSON

What if the place then is packed with thousands and thousands of people? Is it Keith, who gives the instructions? This is like a James-Bond-Movie. Maybe it´s Mission Impossible 6.smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: August 19, 2015 15:13

[www.kentonline.co.uk]

A plaque will go up in four locations to promote Keith's new album Crosseyed Heart

Posted by: Stone601 ()
Date: August 19, 2015 16:11

No one in Spielman Road ?

Posted by: Mel Belli ()
Date: August 19, 2015 16:21

Has anyone sussed the line in "Something for Nothing": who "doesn't beg for the poor? Mothers? Robbers? ... An inquiring mind wants to know winking smiley

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: August 19, 2015 16:30

KRiffhard
RH i was joking!
grinning smileygrinning smiley

Yeah, I got it now smiling smiley Thanks

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7980818283848586878889...LastNext
Current Page: 84 of 257

This Thread has been closed