Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3839404142434445464748...LastNext
Current Page: 43 of 257
Re: trouble
Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: July 16, 2015 23:16

The drums sound minimal... probably did some old skool recording. It's almost mono sounding.

I like the timing, how it's a bit off in places and the turn around in the chorus is an extended count of a measure.

If played loud it sounds like it could fit on MAIN OFFENDER right after Eileen.

Posted by: alieb ()
Date: July 16, 2015 23:26

keefriffhards
alieb
stones2000
alieb
stones2000
I love it! Keith's vocals sound just as good as they did in Talk is Cheap or Main Offender (to me, anyway). Love the guitar too. The release date is nice because it helps soften the blow of starting grade 10 in September.

you're gonna need a little more than that to soften the blow of grade 11, I'm afraid to say winking smiley

Oh I don't doubt it...luckily grade 11 is the last year I have to do math to graduate. Math is my worst subject, so let's just say I'm not planning on doing pre-calculus spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

i feel ya, i did data management in g. 12 just because it was easy and i needed the grades...

back on topic,

As for the song, I agree with most of you- typical keith, sounds a lot like start me up (in terms of repetitive chorus/ guitar lick) which is one of my least favourite Stones songs so I can't say that I love it. Mostly I am just glad that Keef is inspired and making new music. Even if it's not as amazing as stuff he's done in the past, I think it's healthy for his creative juices to keep flowing and it probably keeps him at his creative peak onstage also.

The thing is critics, if you don't get it, you don't get it. If you don't hear it or feel it, you wont understand it.
Music can not be explained, you cant intellectualise or theorise it. Its not for train spotters.
I don't and cant, hear or understand Rap.
But i would not criticize something i don't understand. Stick to what you love, and let people love what they love.
Believe it or not this is rock and roll. Ask Chuck Berry or Jerry lee lewis, you either want to get up and get your air guitar out, or you don't.

the only thing i said in the way of criticizing it was "not as amazing as in the past" and I just mean that based on general consensus. That by no means translates to "bad", and just because I don't personally like it as much as other things that he's done doesn't mean I proclaim it to be "bad".

Posted by: SharksWillCry ()
Date: July 16, 2015 23:27

Definitely Keith! Can't wait for the album.

Elements of You Got it Made, Eileen, One More Shot, and Can't You Hear Me Knocking (middle guitar break right before sax comes in on CYHMK).

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: July 16, 2015 23:32

AT times "Trouble" sounds like "Mean Disposition"...

Date: July 16, 2015 23:35

SharksWillCry
Definitely Keith! Can't wait for the album.

Elements of You Got it Made, Eileen, One More Shot, and Can't You Hear Me Knocking (middle guitar break right before sax comes in on CYHMK).

yeah i thought of CYHMK too!

Posted by: HouseBoyKnows ()
Date: July 16, 2015 23:38

Trouble was just played on Philly radio, WXPN, on David Dye's nationally syndicated World Cafe Show. He's a well-respected DJ/host and he raved about it and it's "loosey goosey feel".

Maybe we of the hardcore are the worst critics with the highest of expectations. But if he liked it, maybe the average sophisticated rock fan will also. I must admit I was pretty excited to hear it on the radio.

HBK

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: July 16, 2015 23:54

I love it. Sounds like a combination of a lot of typical Keith. Thanks for posting.

Posted by: flilflam ()
Date: July 17, 2015 00:01

I like it a lot. Someone in another thread stated that Keith was unable to sing and play the guitar at the same time. Looks like he is doing just fine on this one. I like the bare bones effect. I hope Keith is not jerking us around when he says he is looking forward to a new Stones album.

Posted by: Braincapers ()
Date: July 17, 2015 00:03

I love it. It's not new or ground breaking but who cares? Roll on the album

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: July 17, 2015 00:13

alieb
keefriffhards
alieb
stones2000
alieb
stones2000
I love it! Keith's vocals sound just as good as they did in Talk is Cheap or Main Offender (to me, anyway). Love the guitar too. The release date is nice because it helps soften the blow of starting grade 10 in September.

you're gonna need a little more than that to soften the blow of grade 11, I'm afraid to say winking smiley

Oh I don't doubt it...luckily grade 11 is the last year I have to do math to graduate. Math is my worst subject, so let's just say I'm not planning on doing pre-calculus spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

i feel ya, i did data management in g. 12 just because it was easy and i needed the grades...

back on topic,

As for the song, I agree with most of you- typical keith, sounds a lot like start me up (in terms of repetitive chorus/ guitar lick) which is one of my least favourite Stones songs so I can't say that I love it. Mostly I am just glad that Keef is inspired and making new music. Even if it's not as amazing as stuff he's done in the past, I think it's healthy for his creative juices to keep flowing and it probably keeps him at his creative peak onstage also.

The thing is critics, if you don't get it, you don't get it. If you don't hear it or feel it, you wont understand it.
Music can not be explained, you cant intellectualise or theorise it. Its not for train spotters.
But i would not criticize something i don't understand. Stick to what you love, and let people love what they love.
Believe it or not this is rock and roll. Ask Chuck Berry or Jerry lee lewis, you either want to get up and get your air guitar out, or you don't.

the only thing i said in the way of criticizing it was "not as amazing as in the past" and I just mean that based on general consensus. That by no means translates to "bad", and just because I don't personally like it as much as other things that he's done doesn't mean I proclaim it to be "bad".

Sorry mate i did not mean to put my quote in this message. My mistake. Was not referring to anyone in this post sad smiley

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: July 17, 2015 00:15

keefriffhards

thumbs up
Of course I would get my air guitar out for TROUBLE in 2015 if we did not have TAKE IT SO HARD since 1988.
JERRY LEE LEWIS...................hot smiley THE LAST MAN STANDING...I'm gonna play air piano right now!!!

PS edit: You should understand rap (no capital R) very well I think. A normal person like you and I is not interessted to air rap all these lousy/agressive etc. lines to a liveless beat. Rap died with The Sugar Hill Gang in 1979 or so.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-16 22:11 by RipThisBone.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-17 00:16 by RipThisBone.

Posted by: pepganzo ()
Date: July 17, 2015 00:15

Naturalust
Man every time I see this thread title I can't help but think of this Lowell George tune. Would have loved to hear Keith singing this one actually.

[www.youtube.com]

+1

True.
The Lowell George's one is a pure gem and Sailin' Shoes is a masterpiece.

Re: Keith Richards solo album 'Crosseyed Heart' - out September 18
Posted by: SharksWillCry ()
Date: July 17, 2015 00:19

I thought I saw a thread merge coming, and I was nearly sideswiped.

Posted by: 72hotrocks ()
Date: July 17, 2015 00:21

I listened 3 times,then went down for a nap (kip).
I woke up with 'One More Shot' going round my head.

Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()
Date: July 17, 2015 00:26

Lorenz
Sounds like an outtake from some earlier sessions. Really nice to hear something "new" but hardly a great song, unfortunately - Keith by the numbers. Will listen to it willingly, will buy the album, will treasure it, but let's be honest - not a great song.

Keith by the numbers? That's a blessing to us.

Date: July 17, 2015 00:28

72hotrocks

Same here lol. Hope one more shot is the next track on the album after Trouble.
I'm curious to Keith's version of One More Shot. Jagger soo did not want to sing it live. It showed. Keith's songs get under your skin in a very subtle way.
They take more time before they connect but when they do smoking smiley Arr you never tire of them.

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: July 17, 2015 00:30

Very average song,nothing to get excited about,l suppose the well is dry,but hey great for those that dig it.....

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: July 17, 2015 00:33

keefriffhards
72hotrocks

I'm curious to Keith's version of One More Shot. Jagger soo did not want to sing it live. It showed. Keith's songs get under your skin in a very subtle way.
They take more time before they connect but when they do smoking smiley Arr you never tire of them.

Meanwhile you never need to hear Turn The Girl Loose again...not twice

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: July 17, 2015 00:35

TeddyB1018
Lorenz
Sounds like an outtake from some earlier sessions. Really nice to hear something "new" but hardly a great song, unfortunately - Keith by the numbers. Will listen to it willingly, will buy the album, will treasure it, but let's be honest - not a great song.

Keith by the numbers? That's a blessing to us.

Yeah, I agree it is, in a way. It's great to see something (anything) new coming our way. Let's just not call it a great song.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: July 17, 2015 00:36

Awesome!

I downloaded it from Youtube using the youtube-dl program and added it to my iPhone playlist.

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: July 17, 2015 00:41

the version on youtube is longer than the other one and the mix seems different.
and the backing vocals remind me of TOO TIGHT off Bridges

Posted by: MrEcho ()
Date: July 17, 2015 00:43

"Crosseyed Heart" artwork: [www.dirtyrock.info]

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: July 17, 2015 01:02

Bashlets
the version on youtube is longer than the other one and the mix seems different.
and the backing vocals remind me of TOO TIGHT off Bridges

Listened until 1:30 and turned it off. BAD.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-17 01:28 by mtaylor.

Date: July 17, 2015 01:03

Munichhilton
keefriffhards
72hotrocks

Meanwhile you never need to hear Turn The Girl Loose again...not twice

Agreed. Once was more than enough winking smiley just no way i could play Turn The Girl Loose twice.angry smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-17 01:18 by keefriffhards.

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: July 17, 2015 01:15

tumbled
Trouble

Just because you find yourself off the streets again
That don’t mean that I can't help you or I ain't your friend (fixed per GL)

Baby trouble is your middle name
Your trouble is that that’s your game

Now you are out of circulation out of reach and out of touch
Let me keep you in the loop though I can’t tell you much

The trouble is that that’s your game

Just because I can’t see you see you anymore
That’s because honey you’re doing 2-4

Even though you are still inside I could get you off the hook
But I know if I get you out I won’t get a second look

Too much trouble
Too much trouble

this could be a song addressed to keith's inner demons, including his propensity for addiction.

Date: July 17, 2015 01:21

Turner68
tumbled
Trouble

Just because you find yourself off the streets again
That don’t mean that I can't help you or I ain't your friend (fixed per GL)

Your trouble is that that’s your game

Now you are out of circulation out of reach and out of touch
Let me keep you in the loop though I can’t tell you much

Just because I can’t see you see you anymore
That’s because honey you’re doing 2-4

Even though you are still inside I could get you off the hook
But I know if I get you out I won’t get a second look

Too much trouble
Too much trouble

this could be a song addressed to keith's inner demons, including his propensity for addiction.

Yep that resonates with me too. I think you are right turner68

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: July 17, 2015 01:31

"Baby trouble is your middle name...your trouble is that that’s your game"

smileys with beer

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: July 17, 2015 01:32

RipThisBone

PS edit: You should understand rap (no capital R) very well I think. A normal person like you and I is not interessted to air rap all these lousy/agressive etc. lines to a liveless beat. Rap died with The Sugar Hill Gang in 1979 or so.

That's absurd. Hip Hop only started getting interesting in 1988, and most older hip hop fans would say it lost its way in 1997. But there's still been good stuff since then. Hip hop is as varied as rock. Too dismiss it like this is like dismissing rock n roll because you don't like thrash metal.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-16 22:11 by RipThisBone.

Posted by: Fennikel ()
Date: July 17, 2015 01:36

The version on Spotify clocks in on 4:18, and sounds much better than the Rolling Stone link. Alot of stuff happening throughout the song.

Date: July 17, 2015 01:53

keefriffhards
alieb
keefriffhards
alieb
stones2000
alieb
stones2000

back on topic,

Sorry mate i did not mean to put my quote in this message. My mistake. Was not referring to anyone in this post sad smiley

s'alright it happens smiling smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3839404142434445464748...LastNext
Current Page: 43 of 257

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1634
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home