Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3637383940414243444546...LastNext
Current Page: 41 of 257
Re: Keith Richards solo album 'Crosseyed Heart' - out September 18
Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: July 16, 2015 20:29

Keith Bashers out in full force tonight, wondered where they have been hiding.
If it was as good as Gimmi Shelter some would say its out dated.
What were you expecting guys. You have not heard the album yet, lets be optimistic, lets wait until you heard the album before you go into top gear bashing mode..

Posted by: karimamilena ()
Date: July 16, 2015 20:30

Cristiano Radtke
karimamilena
MrCrossfire
bye bye johnny
^ background image @ [www.keithrichards.com]
Also able to enter to win 2 tix for an advance listening party in eith NY or LA at keithrichards.com

What a great timing for me to finally register on this nice board after being a silent reader for a while. Last Saturday a friend was at the show in Buffalo and due to him (sending me updates) and you all here I was indeed following that show via periscope while the birds at some point started to join in with their singing. That was a magic experience, thank you all here!!

Love this first Trouble we could hear today, just how good does Keith's voice sound?!?! Very excited to hear the whole deal.

To get back to the quote above: where exactly do I find it? I kept on looking but maybe I'm just blind. TIA!

Welcome! smileys with beer

What didn't you find? The background image that was posted by MrCrossfire or the link on where you can enter to win the tickets?

Thank you so much Cristiano! It was the link to the pre-listening party, registered now ;-) Not sure though if this will be doable coming from Europe, I'll see.

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: July 16, 2015 20:52

keefriffhards
BowieStone
keefriffhards

The man is 72 this year !!! any other artist near that age coming up with better ???

McCartney, Dylan, Jagger (no pun intended), Bowie, Elton John, Paul Simon,...

I'm speechless. McCarntney, Bowie ?? have you just logged into the wrong site..

Oh well dude i wont let you spoil my day. If you think that, I'm happy for you.
What ever rocks your boat. I love Bowie but his last few efforts are not up to the mark IMHO,,

I'm not the biggest fan of Bowies The Next Day. But the first single (Where Are We Now?) was sure very promising where 'Trouble', well, not so much.
McCartney? Hell yeah. His last bunch of (self written) albums are truly excellent.

Even Neil Diamond is writing fantastic stuff.

Don't think someone is a hater because they don't like a song. Keith is not a saint. I won't judge music by the artist on the sleeve.

I lost my blinkers when I was 12.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: July 16, 2015 20:54

Hear Keith Richards Ward Off 'Trouble' on Ragged New Single
Bare-bones rocker marks first track from Rolling Stones guitarist's upcoming solo LP

With the Rolling Stones' Zip Code tour wrapped up, Keith Richards has released the first single, "Trouble," from his upcoming solo album, Crosseyed Heart, which is available to stream below via iHeartRadio.

The track is a stripped-down, no-nonsense rocker built around a bevy of quintessential Keef riffs — ragged, haggard blues lines that meander the fretboard and sound at once precise and just a bit "juiced up and sloppy."

Lyrically, Richards seems to be channeling his inner Lou Reed, singing about a pestering hanger-on in a voice that's both world-weary and wry. "Just because I can't see ya, see ya anymore / That's because, honey, you're doing two to four," he sings, before cracking in the the next verse, "I could get you off the hook / but I know when I get you out, I won't get a second look."

Crosseyed Heart arrives on September 18th and marks Richards' first solo LP since 1992's Main Offender. Richards and drummer Steve Jordan wrote and produced the majority of the album, which also boasts contributions from guitarist Waddy Wachtel and Rolling Stones backup singer Bernard Fowler.

Crosseyed Heart also features a duet with Norah Jones on the ballad "Illusion," as well as guest appearances from Spooner Oldham "Lovers Plea", Aaron Neville "Nothing on Me" and famed multi-instrumentalist Larry Campbell "Robbed Blind". The late Stones saxophonist Bobby Keys will also appear on two cuts, "Amnesia" and "Blues in the Morning."

In April, Richards told Rolling Stone he was considering a tour behind Crosseyed Heart, but at the time he was focused on preparing for the Stones' North American trek. Richards also noted that he's interested in returning to the studio with the Rolling Stones to follow-up their 2005 LP, A Bigger Bang.

"I'd like to see just how far they can evolve," Richards said of the band. "I have no demands or particular visions for them, but you're just part of this thing and I want to see how far it will go."

[www.rollingstone.com]

Posted by: tumbled ()
Date: July 16, 2015 20:59

This is really really cool

The hitchhiking blind girl that talked to the judge in Canada (1972 was it?) and got Keith out of jail sentence

[twitter.com]

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: July 16, 2015 21:01

Don't have time to cut and paste right now, but here's another one.

This Song Sums Up Why We Can’t Wait For Keith Richards’ Next Solo Album

[www.trunkworthy.com]

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: July 16, 2015 21:07

tumbled

The hitchhiking blind girl that talked to the judge in Canada (1972 was it?) and got Keith out of jail sentence

[twitter.com]

Yes that is cool! Thanks. I always wondered what happened to her and it's nice of Keith to keep her in the fold.

Posted by: Harlem Shuffler ()
Date: July 16, 2015 21:08

keefriffhards
Keith Bashers out in full force tonight, wondered where they have been hiding.
If it was as good as Gimmi Shelter some would say its out dated.
What were you expecting guys. You have not heard the album yet, lets be optimistic, lets wait until you heard the album before you go into top gear bashing mode..[/quote

I think people are entitled to comment on what they've heard so far and in my opinion Trouble won't do much to make the general public buy the album. It's nothing special.
However, I do agree that we shouldn't condemn the whole album before actually hearing it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-16 21:14 by Harlem Shuffler.

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: July 16, 2015 21:24

Rocky Dijon
more to my liking than what I've heard in ages now.

...If you're talking STONES, solo or bandwise: we haven't heard anything in ages now...

So Trouble sure is welcome.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: July 16, 2015 21:25

Great song! Keef is back!

Posted by: capsula ()
Date: July 16, 2015 21:27

Awesome!!! Enjoying it once and once again!!!! Looking forward to seeing Keith in Madrid!!!! (please please)

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: July 16, 2015 21:36

OK I've listened to it the required 5 times per Rockman's instructions and I don't think it's particularly growing on me...it is however catchy enough that I am having a bit of trouble getting it out of my head!

Trying to imagine this as a Stones song and thinking they probably could have done as OK job with it, possibly less pop like and a bit more rock.

Still wondering why Keith sounds so damn happy if he's singing about some friend in jail.

Posted by: Garbie ()
Date: July 16, 2015 21:37

capsula
Awesome!!! Enjoying it once and once again!!!! Looking forward to seeing Keith in Madrid!!!! (please please)

If he comes...I will join you!

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: July 16, 2015 21:37

A long version (4:18) is up on YouTube.

Date: July 16, 2015 21:42

Well let me put it this way.
My son, also on iorr, likes it, and he is hard to please, even though he loves the Stones.
My wife likes it and she does not even like the Rolling Stones lol.
Most people's comments today are positive. They like it.
Can we just for one day bask in the glory that a rolling stone has a single, and a album coming out..
Normally after the end of a leg of a tour, its a bit of a come down, but this is something to be positive about.
Oh that's just made me want to put "coming down again" on smoking smiley

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: July 16, 2015 21:45

keefriffhards
My son, also on iorr, likes it, and he is hard to please, even though he loves the Stones.
Can we just for one day bask in the glory that a rolling stone has a single, and a album coming out..
Normally after the end of a leg of a tour, its a bit of a come down, but this is something to be positive about.

Well said! thumbs up

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: July 16, 2015 21:48

I can hardly see a Solo-Tour to promote Crosseyed Heart. I mean, Keith has his difficulties to play the Stones-Songs he is comfortable with since decades. How in the world should he be able to deliver complete new material in a satisfying way? A gig means at least 15 songs, songs that he is not familiar with or not familiar anymore. To get this right he would have to rehearse for years... and would maybe come to nothing...

I am afraid one and a half hour of playing AND singing unfamiliar songs is today beyond his skills. To play and sing two songs at a Stones-show is one thing, to play an entire solo-concert is another.

Let´s not expect too much. Nobody said there would be a solo-tour. He only said that it is "possible" to do some live work when the album is released. But that means not that this is going to happen.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-16 21:51 by HMS.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: July 16, 2015 21:48

georgelicks
A long version (4:18) is up on YouTube.

Thanks for the hint. Here it is:

[www.youtube.com]

Date: July 16, 2015 21:55

I just cant get enough of it . Genius incarnate.

Posted by: MarthaTuesday ()
Date: July 16, 2015 21:58

Cristiano Radtke
keefriffhards

Well said! thumbs up

+1 I'm just listening to Oliver's periscope from yesterday - and just so glad there's still stones related activity coming up and things to look forward to and be positive about! smiling smiley

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: July 16, 2015 22:01

flacnvinyl
Better than One More Shot!

Certainly not.

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: July 16, 2015 22:01

Naturalust
tumbled

[twitter.com]

Yes that is cool! Thanks. I always wondered what happened to her and it's nice of Keith to keep her in the fold.

Yes, that story is plain awesome! Here is the pic from the tweet, Keith and Rita Bedard:

Date: July 16, 2015 22:06

waterrats
Naturalust
tumbled

[twitter.com]

Yes, that story is plain awesome! Here is the pic from the tweet, Keith and Rita Bedard:

thumbs up

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: July 16, 2015 22:17

tumbled

[twitter.com]

Date: July 16, 2015 22:18

keefriffhards
RipThisBone
crumbling_mice
Maybe it's a grower...I hope so because on the initial two listens I'm very disappointed. It's all a bit formulaic and the song itself doesn't seem to be well crafted. On the positives, his vocals are excellent and it's great to hear him singing so well, but I had hoped for better after all these years putting together this album. Ronnie, for me, is a better song writer these days, but I'm sure I will find other songs on the album that I love.

I agree with you.
First time I heard Doom & Gloom I wanted to play it again and again and again, day in day out. Can't see that happening with Trouble alas.

Sorry but you have got to be kidding. Just played it for the 4th time and its a great single. Doom and bloody gloom .
The man is 72 this year !!! any other artist near that age coming up with better ???
I do think the album may have what your looking for, but for a single its a winner !!!

Hi keefriffhards! Ooooohhh, You shouldn't TAKE IT SO HARD Yeah Yeah! Yank it up Baby and What do you seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee?!!
I think it is a weak sign to bring up "the age" of a person to defend his abilities (as a songwriter).
Have you heard the 1985 unreleased Dirty Work Outtake TALK IS CHEAP yet? Now that is a great one!

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: July 16, 2015 22:21

sounds like classic winos to me. Keith has nothing left to say lyrically. yes I like it but it's forgettable.

Posted by: tumbled ()
Date: July 16, 2015 22:28

sure have come a long way baby

Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()
Date: July 16, 2015 22:31

It's damn good. Maybe it's not quite a classic but it's pure Keith in a form few would have expected five years ago. It reminds me more of Paris '78-'79 era than anything else.

Posted by: karimamilena ()
Date: July 16, 2015 22:36

keefriffhards

smoking smiley

Funny to see that also for the mighty RS their most enthusiastic fans are their most rabit critics (which probably makes sense in a way).

Looking forward to listening to the whole album and then we'll talk again.

Date: July 16, 2015 22:39

RipThisBone
keefriffhards
RipThisBone
crumbling_mice
Maybe it's a grower...I hope so because on the initial two listens I'm very disappointed. It's all a bit formulaic and the song itself doesn't seem to be well crafted. On the positives, his vocals are excellent and it's great to hear him singing so well, but I had hoped for better after all these years putting together this album. Ronnie, for me, is a better song writer these days, but I'm sure I will find other songs on the album that I love.

I agree with you.
First time I heard Doom & Gloom I wanted to play it again and again and again, day in day out. Can't see that happening with Trouble alas.

Sorry but you have got to be kidding. Just played it for the 4th time and its a great single. Doom and bloody gloom .
I do think the album may have what your looking for, but for a single its a winner !!!

Hi keefriffhards! Ooooohhh, You shouldn't TAKE IT SO HARD Yeah Yeah! Yank it up Baby and What do you seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee?!!
I think it is a weak sign to bring up "the age" of a person to defend his abilities (as a songwriter).
Have you heard the 1985 unreleased Dirty Work Outtake TALK IS CHEAP yet? Now that is a great one!

But i keep playing this "Trouble" again and again and again.
A song has not done this to me for years.
Its making me want to climb to the tallest tree top and say, thank god the Rolling Stones are still doing it.
Can you believe it hot smiley

Keith should be proud of this at any age. Its pure rock and roll coming from his very essence.. Its not Mozart.. The lyrics are every thing they need to be.
Its Thursday night and his ready to rock smoking smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3637383940414243444546...LastNext
Current Page: 41 of 257

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2219
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home