Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1415161718192021222324...LastNext
Current Page: 19 of 257
Re: Keith recording for "new solo album" in NYC
Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: August 20, 2014 18:13

wicked67
I think the book "Gus & Me" will also be released over the other...Plenty of cool stuff coming up in the world of Keith Richards

The book and the solo album!!

Posted by: wicked67 ()
Date: August 20, 2014 18:41

wait and see what happens ....

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: August 20, 2014 18:56

KRiffhard
wicked67
I think the book "Gus & Me" will also be released over the other...Plenty of cool stuff coming up in the world of Keith Richards

The book and the solo album!!

[www.amazon.co.uk]

"Includes an exclusive CD with a reading of the story by a professional actor, James Langton, and a spoken introduction and additional guitar music from Keith."

Probably Malaguena...

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: August 20, 2014 19:24

Yeah, a stunning new 30 second acoustic doodling similar to whatever Keith thinks Malaguena is grinning smiley

Date: August 20, 2014 22:39

wicked67
wait and see what happens ....

always suffering!! cool smiley

Posted by: Crazyhorse ()
Date: August 21, 2014 03:14

How rude. I've heard Keith has many wonderful songs yet to be released. One of the greats when it comes to love songs...

Date: August 21, 2014 17:56

"Plenty of cool stuff coming up in the world of Keith Richards"
[www.facebook.com]

"It's coming...KR. That's all I can say"

Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()
Date: July 28, 2014 08:39

Date: August 21, 2014 22:27

lorenz must be jaggeriano ...and when I think of the one that produced Mr. jagger solo ......O my God o My God !!!

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: August 21, 2014 22:52

wicked67
lorenz must be jaggeriano ...and when I think of the one that produced Mr. jagger solo ......O my God o My God !!!

Ah come on, I was just being a bit sarcastic. I like Keith's solo outings. It's just he hasn't really been very creative in the past 20 years or so, has he? His contributions to A Bigger Bang were minimal, for example.

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: August 22, 2014 12:29

lem motlow

those are the billboard numbers-dandelion powderman i know you're a huge keith fan.i'm the same way,and for me it probably started before you were born.the first time i saw the stones i saved every dime of my money and my best friend and i wanted to see one guy-as we called him then-"fckin keith!"

he didnt disappoint-anyone who tells you the 1975 tour wasnt great is an a-hole who either watched a bunch of grainy youtube videos and listened to bootlegs or some chump who sat in the back.

it was un-freakin -real. those pictures you see of him with the leathers and the prayer scarves,leaning back from the knees with his eyes closed and just wailing on the macabre,the old teles,the gibsons-and it was just screaming,cranking out the best rhythm guitar ever played by anyone,ever.

he stood right between charlie and bill most of the time,it was like someone rowing a boat,working with a bass on one side and drums on the other.it sounded sooo good,like a dream you'd have about seeing the rolling stones.when my friend and i left our mouths were hanging open,we didnt even say anything at first we just kept giving each other these sideways glances and saying"whoa" and "wow"- after we got in the car we had worked our way up to "holy shit"

not everyone who says something negative is attacking-mostly we're just giving an opinion about a certain interview or record.you dont have to defend every note or every word,keith'll be fine.

+1 I wasnt there but thank you Lem. Amen.

Date: August 22, 2014 12:36

lorenz sorry but how do you know that his contributions were minimal in Bigger Bang? you told him maybe? firm and understood that Bigger Bang is a hard horrible ...is that Mick Jagger (super heavy crepe is very creatively that Keith richards stopped but for many many years .... to be honest and not just part !!

Date: August 22, 2014 12:39

sorry for my English I use a translator...

Date: August 22, 2014 12:56

if keith fails to make a good solo album after 4 or 5 years that we are working on ......? but I am confident

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: August 22, 2014 13:11

wicked67
lorenz sorry but how do you know that his contributions were minimal in Bigger Bang? you told him maybe? firm and understood that Bigger Bang is a hard horrible ...is that Mick Jagger (super heavy crepe is very creatively that Keith richards stopped but for many many years .... to be honest and not just part !!

wicked67
sorry for my English I use a translator...

Maybe you should try that in your native language - whatever translator you used didn't work.
Someone around here will be able to help you get it into comprehensible English -
iorr is a very cosmopolitan place :E

Also, there's an "edit post" button under your posts that you can use to add/correct stuff if you want to,
instead of posting new posts. Just for your information - you decide what to do, of course!

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: September 8, 2014 20:23

From an interview with Mesfin Fekadu of Associated Press:

AP: Are you working on music?

Richards: I have a solo record finished, but I don't want to put it out while the Stones are working, so I'm thinking next June.

AP: What was the process like?

Richards: We had no rush. I think we spent a couple of years. (Producer) Steve (Jordan) and I are always working somewhere else, but every month or two we'd come down here and do a couple a day and knock off a couple of tracks. ... Nearly every record I've made is ... 'You've got another five days,' but this one we're taking our time.

AP: How's recording music today different compared to years ago?

Richards: Technology — it's changed enormously. ...I find that some of the technology is very confusing, especially the digital stuff.

[bigstory.ap.org]

Re: Keith recording for "new solo album" in NYC - out June 2015?
Date: September 8, 2014 20:51

great new next year new solo album..

Re: Keith: solo album "finished" - out June 2015?
Posted by: dcba ()
Date: September 8, 2014 21:23

Great interview! The witty fast-minded Keef we knew seems to be back! thumbs up

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: September 8, 2014 21:29

wicked67

He's on record saying that he came to the ABB sessions with Rough Justice, This Place Is Empty and Infamy. I reckon Mick brought in Rain Fall Down, Streets Of Love and Biggest Mistake. Both Jagger and Richards said that there was more knee to knee composing than usual. Obviously there are songs that's been written as a team, but some are more Mick and some are more Keith. A song like Laugh I Nearly Died sounds to me like a Keith riff, a Jagger composition, a Jagger lyric and a Keith choir. I think Keith is the kind of guy who's creative when he has to be, while Jagger is writing songs

JumpingKentFlash

Date: September 8, 2014 21:39

When Keith carries a song with rhythm and lead guitar (like on Dangerous Beauty, Let Me Down Slow and Oh No, Not You Again), it's usually a safe bet to assume he had a hand in writing the song as well.

Posted by: Mel Belli ()
Date: September 8, 2014 22:23

DandelionPowderman
When Keith carries a song with rhythm and lead guitar (like on Dangerous Beauty, Let Me Down Slow and Oh No, Not You Again), it's usually a safe bet to assume he had a hand in writing the song as well.

Except that Mick carries the rhythm on those tracks.

Posted by: texas fan ()
Date: September 8, 2014 23:01

I'd guess that Keith had a hand in "It Won't Take Long" and, maybe, "She Saw Me Coming."

Date: September 8, 2014 23:16

texas fan
I'd guess that Keith had a hand in "It Won't Take Long" and, maybe, "She Saw Me Coming."

Definitely on the former. As you imply, hard to tell on the latter.

Date: September 8, 2014 23:57

Mel Belli
DandelionPowderman

No, he doesn't. He plays acoustic guitar on LMDS, that's it. Don't remember if he played bass on any of those tracks, though. Listen closely to DB. It's not Mick. The same syncopating as on YGMR. On ONNYA he doesn't play at all.

Date: September 9, 2014 00:01

DandelionPowderman
Mel Belli
DandelionPowderman

No, he doesn't. He plays acoustic guitar on LMDS, that's it. Don't remember if he played bass on any of those tracks, though. Listen closely to DB. It's not Mick. The same syncopating as on YGMR. The single-string overdubs could be him, though, but that's not a rhythm guitar carrying a song, merely something that spices up the rhythm. On ONNYA he doesn't play at all.

Date: September 9, 2014 00:18

DandelionPowderman
DandelionPowderman
Mel Belli
DandelionPowderman

No, he doesn't. He plays acoustic guitar on LMDS, that's it. Don't remember if he played bass on any of those tracks, though. Listen closely to DB. It's not Mick. The same syncopating as on YGMR. The single-string overdubs could be him, though, but that's not a rhythm guitar carrying a song, merely something that spices up the rhythm. On ONNYA he doesn't play at all.

He does play ONNYA, and it's a 100% Jagger composition. I think of the acoustic on LMDS as the driver of the tune — certainly a clue as to how it was first written (by Mick). And on DB, they're both playing rhythm. It's Mick's basic idea (as heard in the intro and then Keith kind of lazily does his YGMR thing underneath Mick. Out of those those three tracks, to my knowledge, Keith contributed only the descending "chimes" (his word) of the LMDS chorus.

Date: September 9, 2014 00:28

There are only two guitars on ONNYA. Keith plays both lead and rhythm on the same track. Ronnie plays the "da-da" guitar. Keith plays electric rhythm guitar, lead guitar and the descending lines that you mentioned.

Is the blues solo Keith is playing also "lazy"? Usually, he doesn't lay doen several guitar tracks on songs he didn't have anything to do with on latter day albums.

Please share your info on the Mick guitar on ONNYA, and that this was a 100% Mick composition.

Date: September 9, 2014 00:50

Don't have a hard copy of the album at hand, but Track Talk here lists Mick as playing on ONNYA:
[timeisonourside.com]

Keith does the fills during the verses as well as the lead — but it's pretty clearly Mick playing rhythm. And the chord progression, especially that F# E G sequence: that's just not something you'd typically find Keith writing these days.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 9, 2014 00:55

AP: Are you working on music?

Richards: I have a solo record finished, but I don't want to put it out while the Stones are working, so I'm thinking next June.

[www.startribune.com]

ROCKMAN

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: September 9, 2014 01:15

From an interview with Elysa Gardner in USA Today:

Richards has a new solo album — his first in more than 20 years — pretty much wrapped up.

"We cut the tracks right here," says Richards, who worked with the X-Pensive Winos, his colleagues on two previous albums. "It'll probably be out next year. I'm really just waiting now for the Stones not to be working; I don't want to put it out while we're on the road."

Don't expect Richards' new music to be a departure into, say, electronica. Asked for his take on contemporary pop music, he says, "Technology has run away with itself a bit, I think. It's a little manufactured and stuck in a rut, like it was for a while in the '50s. But I think things run in cycles. There are great bands and players out there, and always somebody about to break through."

[www.usatoday.com]

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: September 9, 2014 01:27

What Keith appears to be confirming is that the Stones catalog of recorded music is at last complete, that 10 years after having released a full-length studio album and after 3 years of having rehearsed and performed together we have been waiting only on solo projects--which, although a nice consolation, still does not represent a band that has been for so long more than the sum of its parts. So, what we get from now on in terms of studio work is just parts. In the U.S., there used to be a television commercial on processed chicken, where the retailers would talk of "parts", and the prospective customer would ask "What parts?", and the retailer would reply "Parts is parts."

But, I suppose I should be grateful for the possibility of the Stones trouping about one or two last times in my neck of the woods to play their hits for us again. After all, the last 25 years--and a quarter century is a loooonnng time--they have been defined and renowned for their tours, rather than their albums.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1415161718192021222324...LastNext
Current Page: 19 of 257

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1694
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home