Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 257
Keith Richards solo album 'Crosseyed Heart' - out September 18, 2015
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: September 23, 2013 19:51

LATEST NEWS - RELEASE SEPT 18 - See page 28 of this thread: [www.iorr.org]

Keith's "official" Facebook and Twitter posted a photo of Keith and Spooner Oldham a couple of days ago that had no details, just a plug for the 'Muscle Shoals' movie.

[twitter.com]

Coincidentally, jazz singer Brigitte Zarie posted a photo that seems to indicate something was happening last week. Might Spooner have been working with Keith?

Keith Holy Sh^* Richards of The Rolling Stones ,My Producer ,bass player Neil Jason and the amazing Drummer , producer Steve Jordan .Now that's a day in the studio!

[www.facebook.com]
_____

UPDATE: Sept. 8, 2014

AP: Are you working on music?

Richards: I have a solo record finished, but I don't want to put it out while the Stones are working, so I'm thinking next June.

AP: What was the process like?

Richards: We had no rush. I think we spent a couple of years. (Producer) Steve (Jordan) and I are always working somewhere else, but every month or two we'd come down here and do a couple a day and knock off a couple of tracks. ... Nearly every record I've made is ... 'You've got another five days,' but this one we're taking our time.

AP: How's recording music today different compared to years ago?

Richards: Technology — it's changed enormously. ...I find that some of the technology is very confusing, especially the digital stuff.

[bigstory.ap.org]
_____

UPDATE: April 9, 2015

What's the status of your solo album?
I think that's coming out in September.

Is it totally done?
Just done, yeah. We're looking for the right time slot to bring it out. The Stones have been working so much lately that I've been holding off until we could find a reasonable time. I think it's September, but I don't know for sure.

Who plays on it?
[Drummer] Steve Jordan and me. We're joined here and there by [guitarist] Waddy Wachtel and [Rolling Stones backup singer] Bernard Fowler. Steve and I put it together.

Are you thinking about doing solo shows to promote it?
That's being kicked around. At the moment, I'm just getting my head into the Stones and I haven't really thought about what I'm going to do afterwards. But usually if I put a record out, I do some road work. So, it's possible.

[www.rollingstone.com]
_____

UPDATE: July 9, 2015

KEITH RICHARDS RELEASES CROSSEYED HEART

FIRST SOLO ALBUM IN OVER 20 YEARS OUT SEPTEMBER 18TH

July 9, 2015 – New York – Keith Richards will release his eagerly anticipated CROSSEYED HEART, his third solo album and his first in over 20 years, September 18th on Republic Records.

CROSSEYED HEART, a fifteen track masterclass encompassing everything that makes Keith Richards one of the 20th century’s most celebrated talents, is a 5* musical journey that takes in reggae, rock, country and the blues.

The first taste of CROSSEYED HEART will be unveiled on July 17th with the explosive first single, “Trouble,” a taut guitar based slice of heaven featuring Richards on electric and acoustic guitars, bass, lead and backup vocals. He is richly supported by old friends, drummer Steve Jordan, guitarist Waddy Wachtel and Bernard Fowler on backup vocals. The song was written by and produced by Keith and Steve Jordan.

“I had a ball making this new record and working with Steve Jordan and Waddy Wachtel again. There’s nothing like walking into a studio and having absolutely no idea what you’re going to come out with on the other end. If you're looking for ‘Trouble,’ you've come to the right place.”

Keith wrote or co-wrote the majority of the tracks on CROSSEYED HEART, many with co-producer Steve Jordan.Highlights include the country tinged ache of “Robbed Blind”, the reggae flavored “Love Overdue,” and the aptly named “Blues In The Morning.” Richards collaborates with several artists including a captivating duet with Norah Jones on the soulful ballad “Illusion” which she co-wrote.

Keith Richards, who plays electric and acoustic guitars, bass, piano and vocals on the album, is also joined by guitarist Waddy Wachtel, keyboardist Ivan Neville and background singer Sarah Dash, part of the X-Pensive Winos, who accompanied Richards on his previous solo records.

[www.keithrichards.com]

Edited 15 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-18 14:26 by bv.

Re: Keith Recording in NYC?
Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: September 23, 2013 20:20

That would be good news !!!!!!!!!!
Come on keith, make a new version of Run rudolph run please.
jeroen

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-09-23 20:20 by corriecas.

Posted by: micawber ()
Date: September 23, 2013 20:55

The first pic is Waldorf and Statler, but I can't remember who is who. I don't recognize anyone in the second pic though...

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: September 23, 2013 21:28

"Keith Richards of the Rolling Stones." The end part is not necessary, is it?

Posted by: greenriver ()
Date: September 23, 2013 21:51

I know some old farmers who look like these 2 guys but they are 95 now, meanwhile this is a good picture.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: September 23, 2013 22:43

The world needs a new Keith Richards album much, much less than it needs a new Rolling Stones album.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: September 23, 2013 23:03

They don't look like they're recording. They look like they're just posing for photos.

Check and see whether Spooner Oldham has an album coming out. If so, chances are that Keith may guest on it.

Other than that, Keith is most likely still wishin' and hopin' (and forever waitin') that Mick will agree to record a new Stones album.

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: September 23, 2013 23:10

them boys look good and stoned...

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: September 23, 2013 23:37

Soon MT will be the slim one....

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: September 24, 2013 01:20

Rokyfan
"Keith Richards of the Rolling Stones." The end part is not necessary, is it?
Well, I know a Keith Richards in Wallington,Surrey who is a plumber so I do think the distinction is necessary...

Re: Keith Recording in NYC
Date: September 24, 2013 01:54

According to this tweet from State Of Emergency, Keith's cooking up something with Scratch Perry today.

In the studio now with Lee Perry, Keith Richards and Steve Jordan. History in the making. State of Emergency over New York City!

[twitter.com]

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 24, 2013 02:30

now with Lee Perry .... WAY COOL ... Book Of Moses was a grooooooove

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: September 24, 2013 04:17

Remain Calm...Keith Richards has your future rock n roll purchase well in hand...a Mickless recording would be as welcome as water on a burning beach...

Posted by: chop ()
Date: September 24, 2013 06:28

Wonder if the baby is kicking yet

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 24, 2013 06:38

Munichhilton
Remain Calm...Keith Richards has your future rock n roll purchase well in hand...a Mickless recording would be as welcome as water on a burning beach...

I mean I understand it's a beach, but if it's burning wouldn't water be welcome regardless if it's a bit superfluous?

I mean THE BEACH IS ON FIRE PEOPLE!!!

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: September 24, 2013 07:49

chop
Wonder if the baby is kicking yet

The belly tells the baby is very close to be bornsmileys with beer

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: September 24, 2013 10:17

...Keith Richards has your future rock n roll purchase well in hand...a Mickless recording would be as welcome as water on a burning beach...

DandelionPowderman - where are you?
You often reproach me of bias but this poster has a permanent free pass

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: September 24, 2013 10:20

would be warmly welcomed, a new Keef record. great news, now release it Keef !!
I can wait for a Jagger record, bur not for some great music from you.

Jeroen

Date: September 24, 2013 10:30

I'm right here, Mary.

If you open your mind for it, you'll find that there might be humour involved as well here... smiling smiley

PS: I bet Mick has suggested that Keith keeps his chops for the next leg winking smiley

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: September 24, 2013 10:34

Keith needs to go for a jog!

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Re: Keith Recording in NYC
Posted by: Limbostone ()
Date: September 24, 2013 10:43

bye bye johnny
According to this tweet from State Of Emergency, Keith's cooking up something with Scratch Perry today.

In the studio now with Lee Perry, Keith Richards and Steve Jordan. History in the making. State of Emergency over New York City!

[twitter.com]

'History in the making' with Keith usually refers to half a song, some jamming, a guest performance, or maybe (like the Ian McLagan thing) a reported complete song.

I wouldn't expect a thought through concept with a vision and a purpose.... winking smiley

Date: September 24, 2013 10:54

DandelionPowderman
I'm right here, Mary.

If you open your mind for it, you'll find that there might be humour involved as well here... smiling smiley

PS: I bet Mick has suggested that Keith keeps his chops for the next leg winking smiley

Well, this applies to you, too - this openness of one's mind thing - but you never see the humor when Richards is the subject of it

as for KR solo I'm glad if it will really happen, it gives hope that one day there will be Mick solo gigs and may be some new music too.
(Keithless) Jagger performance is a breath of fresh air

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: September 24, 2013 11:00

He's just producing something for (quoted jazz singer) Brigitte Zarie, (probably) together with his pal Steve Jordan (although he's poredominantly refered to as the drummer of this):

"Keith (...) Richards (...) , my Producer,bass player Neil Jason and the amazing Drummer , producer Steve Jordan. Now that's a day in the studio!"

Date: September 24, 2013 11:00

proudmary
DandelionPowderman
I'm right here, Mary.

Well, this applies to you, too - this openness of one's mind thing - but you never see the humor when Richards is the subject of it

as for KR solo I'm glad if it will really happen, it gives hope that one day there will be Mick solo gigs and may be some new music too.

Again, open up, Mary!

NO ONE here knows if Keith is working on a solo album. Most likely, he's not (as they have booked themselves into plenty other work - you know that, so why post the things you do?).

No, it doesn't apply to me, because your posts about Keith is almost without exceptions clinically free of any attemps of humour (or self irony).

The day they are, however, I will be the first to laugh with you. That's a promise smiling smiley

Date: September 24, 2013 11:10

DandelionPowderman
proudmary
DandelionPowderman
I'm right here, Mary.

Again, open up, Mary!

NO ONE here knows if Keith is working on a solo album. Most likely, he's not (as they have booked themselves into plenty other work - you know that, so why post the things you do?).

No, it doesn't apply to me, because your posts about Keith is almost without exceptions clinically free of any attemps of humour (or self irony).

The day they are, however, I will be the first to laugh with you. That's a promise smiling smiley

oho ho, you're incorrigible.
by the way I speak not only about my own posts - your reaction is always the same. As far as my humor - when you drop your aggressiveness and narrow-mindedness you can see it, like many others here
   cheer up and life will be better, I promise

Date: September 24, 2013 11:13

I should add - emoticons are not humor or self-irony

Date: September 24, 2013 11:13

I am cheered-up grinning smiley

I'm just asking you not to take me down with angry and mis-informed posts smiling smiley

Date: September 24, 2013 11:23

DandelionPowderman
I am cheered-up grinning smiley

I'm just asking you not to take me down with angry and mis-informed posts smiling smiley

deal. I, in turn, ask you not to spoil my time here with nonsense, aggressiveness and preaching smiling smiley
always a pleasure to talk to you. have a nice day cool smiley

Date: September 24, 2013 13:59

RoughJusticeOnYa
He's just producing something for (quoted jazz singer) Brigitte Zarie, (probably) together with his pal Steve Jordan:

"Keith Holy Sh^* Richards of The Rolling Stones ,My Producer ,bass player Neil Jason and the amazing Drummer , producer Steve Jordan. Now that's a day in the studio!"

Neil Jason is Brigitte Zarie's producer, not Keith.

Suspect Jason was playing bass for the Keith/Jordan session. Zarie might've added some vocals, or just been a fly on the wall.

That or she and Jason were working at the same studio, and the photo is of the "guess who I met!" variety.

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: September 24, 2013 14:39

bye bye johnny
RoughJusticeOnYa
He's just producing something for (quoted jazz singer) Brigitte Zarie, (probably) together with his pal Steve Jordan:

"Keith Holy Sh^* Richards of The Rolling Stones ,My Producer ,bass player Neil Jason and the amazing Drummer , producer Steve Jordan. Now that's a day in the studio!"

Neil Jason is Brigitte Zarie's producer, not Keith.

Suspect Jason was playing bass for the Keith/Jordan session. Zarie might've added some vocals, or just been a fly on the wall.

That or she and Jason were working at the same studio, and the photo is of the "guess who I met!" variety.

Ah - OK. Now I see there's two ways of reading that "my producer"-bit, indeed. (She could've used better punctuation, though. winking smiley )

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 257

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1901
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home