Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415...LastNext
Current Page: 10 of 257
Re: Keith recording for "new solo album" in NYC
Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: November 22, 2013 11:10

georgelicks
[
US Heritage Rock #8

Oh goosshh... what's that? The songs The United Nations are soon going to give world heritage prize?

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-11-22 11:10 by Doxa.

Date: November 22, 2013 11:10

Doxa
DandelionPowderman
These chart positions tell that the Stones became as relevant (in the charts, at least) as they were in the mid 90s.

Not quite. Back in 1994/95 The Stones even made Billboard Hot 100, with such smash hits like "Love Is Strong" (#91) and "Out of Tears" (#60). That was dominance!

The UK charting of "Doom And Gloom" (#61) is actually their worst ever in their homeland besides "Rock And A Hard Place" (#64) and some re-issues and live cuts. For example, all the singles from A BIGGER BANG did better ("Street of Love" #15, "Rain Fall Down" #33, "Biggest Mistake" #51). "Don't Stop" made #36.

But that said, it was such a joy to hear young people sing-a-longing "Doom and Gloom" at Hyde Park. I hope Jagger noticed that. Me thinks that it was one of the best songs released last year - it brought me such much personal joy.

- Doxa

Semantics winking smiley

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: November 22, 2013 11:40

DandelionPowderman
Semantics winking smiley

Semantics is an important discipline (but chartology is a form of pervertism!grinning smiley).

- Doxa

Re: Keith Recording in NYC
Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: December 13, 2013 23:23

...any news?

Posted by: jp.M ()
Date: December 14, 2013 00:03

..."Doom & gloom" has not been really issued as as single (2 songs) in any country..only as an album track or a special edition.This explains the low position in the charts...

Date: December 25, 2013 19:30

Posted by: wicked67 ()
Date: December 26, 2013 12:38

but that does Doom and Gloom in this topic ... I'm already sucks song! I want news of the great Keith .. her new album!

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: December 26, 2013 12:40

Well it is interesting to see Keith sitting at a mixing board for his Holiday Message on Youtube...

Date: December 26, 2013 19:58

whitem8
Well it is interesting to see Keith sitting at a mixing board for his Holiday Message on Youtube...

I thought the same thing!

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: December 26, 2013 23:24

Yes, the mixing board. Another tease.....

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: December 27, 2013 01:46

Suspect Keith filmed those messages at Electric Lady at the time of the 60 Minutes Australia interview. Change of shirts is all.

Posted by: Bastion ()
Date: December 27, 2013 01:48

wicked67
but that does Doom and Gloom in this topic ... I'm already sucks song! I want news of the great Keith .. her new album!

Yes she better hurry up with her album!

Date: December 27, 2013 10:27

That's wicked smiling smiley

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: December 27, 2013 13:07

Bastion
wicked67

I bet you are talking about Brendas new cd..
Jeroen

Posted by: billwebster ()
Date: December 30, 2013 17:42

Yeah, Brenda better hurry up, too.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: December 30, 2013 21:15

Doxa

The UK charting of "Doom And Gloom" (#61) is actually their worst ever in their homeland besides "Rock And A Hard Place" (#64) and some re-issues and live cuts. For example, all the singles from A BIGGER BANG did better ("Street of Love" #15, "Rain Fall Down" #33, "Biggest Mistake" #51). "Don't Stop" made #36.

But that said, it was such a joy to hear young people sing-a-longing "Doom and Gloom" at Hyde Park. I hope Jagger noticed that. Me thinks that it was one of the best songs released last year - it brought me such much personal joy.

- Doxa

Doom and Gloom did receive substantial radio airplay on U.K. radio. I was slightly taken aback when a friends said they'd actually heard and liked it. Streets Of Love reaching #15 was pretty good going. Love Is Strong and Like A Rolling Stone both reached the Top-20, as well.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: December 31, 2013 06:09

Bastion
wicked67

That's excellent. Made me read it THREE times... still don't get it. Awesome.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: December 31, 2013 06:12

Big Al
Doxa

- Doxa

Doom and Gloom did receive substantial radio airplay on U.K. radio. I was slightly taken aback when a friends said they'd actually heard and liked it. Streets Of Love reaching #15 was pretty good going. Love Is Strong and Like A Rolling Stone both reached the Top-20, as well.

How awful, to see Rock And A Hard Place in the same... something... with Streets Of Love.

The charts. You know, those are just so not relevant anymore. Youtube, regardless of how many hits on a video, is the way for people to hear things. Video didn't kill the rockstar, it's brought it back to life via something neither radio or TV!

Posted by: FortuneTeller800 ()
Date: December 31, 2013 13:40

GasLightStreet
Big Al
Doxa

- Doxa

How awful, to see Rock And A Hard Place in the same... something... with Streets Of Love.

The charts. You know, those are just so not relevant anymore. Youtube, regardless of how many hits on a video, is the way for people to hear things. Video didn't kill the rockstar, it's brought it back to life via something neither radio or TV!

It's a relief to me, to know that in an old-time rock roll band like the Stones, you do have guys like Ron Wood and Jagger himself, who understand how everything has changed, and have moved with the times. I think no matter that Keith says he doesn't have a computer, and uses Fax; I do believe he knows what is up, and he just has people doing it for him.

Keith covering "Prisoner Of Lonelyness" on upcoming solo LP?
Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: March 10, 2014 22:04

Found on [keithrichards-.tumblr.com]

Nice track, surely Keith´s style:

Any news?

Re: Keith covering "Prisoner Of Lonelyness" on upcoming solo LP?
Date: March 10, 2014 22:08

Yep. There was a thread about it. If memory serves, I think Keith's cover was called something else. ..

Re: Keith covering "Prisoner Of Lonelyness" on upcoming solo LP?
Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: March 10, 2014 22:11

DandelionPowderman
Yep. There was a thread about it. If memory serves, I think Keith's cover was called something else. ..

Yes, here: [www.iorr.org]

Date: June 23, 2014 01:09

C'mon Keef, it's time to publish this album!!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 23, 2014 01:48

If memory serves, I think Keith's cover was called something else. ..

Gregory Isaacs’s --- Love Is Overdue

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Gooo ()
Date: June 23, 2014 01:51

Jagger should do a song on Keith's new release....a duet.?der

Date: June 23, 2014 01:56

....yeah why not .... bu vocals

ROCKMAN

Date: June 23, 2014 01:57

Rockman
Gregory Isaacs’s --- Love Is Overdue

So is this album...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-23 01:58 by Bastion.

Date: June 23, 2014 02:06

So is this album...

It's a Alvin Ranglin produced track performed by Gregory Isaac's from around '74 ..

ROCKMAN

Date: June 23, 2014 04:08

I was suggesting Keith's album is overdue grinning smiley

my bad.

Date: June 23, 2014 05:34

....AWWWW I get ya ...

ROCKMAN

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415...LastNext