Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718...LastNext
Current Page: 13 of 257
Re: It's coming...
Date: July 28, 2014 14:06

Dreamer
Anyway...it won't be that interesting. His creativity has been dried up for years and even before that he leaned a lot on shoulders which he shouldn't. When you look back at everything he did outside the Stones it's never new, surprising or fresh or daring at all. Just a copy from a copy from a copy. Wingless Angels is the only original project I would say...

Wingless Angels was excellent indeed.

Before being too cathegoric, maybe some revisiting will do you good? I thought the jazzy stuff he did on his solo albums was both surprising and daring - like Jagger's Handsome Molly-cover. Out of the box:

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: July 28, 2014 14:18

Wonder what to expect from a KR solo now.
I enjoyed my Stones gig but Keith' playing though saved by some clever mixing was far from satisfying.
In fact it was so bad a new album could only surprise me positively.

Date: July 28, 2014 14:30

CousinC
Wonder what to expect from a KR solo now.
I enjoyed my Stones gig but Keith' playing though saved by some clever mixing was far from satisfying.
In fact it was so bad a new album could only surprise me positively.

If he sticks to rock'n'roll like here (2:10), you have nothing to fear, nothing at all when it comes to his playing smiling smiley

Re: Keith recording for "new solo album" in NYC
Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: July 28, 2014 16:25

I'm guessing TeddyB1018's hint means that Keith must be putting the finishing touches on the album in this break before the fall tour. Very good news!

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: July 28, 2014 17:39

latebloomer
I'm guessing TeddyB1018's hint means that Keith must be putting the finishing touches on the album in this break before the fall tour. Very good news!

Yeah, Keef is keeping busy.

Good news.
Hope Ronnie and Mick Taylor will play some music on his new album/cd.

One Love !!!!!!!!!

jeroen

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: July 28, 2014 21:52

Thanks Teddy

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: July 28, 2014 22:13

DandelionPowderman
Dreamer
Anyway...it won't be that interesting. His creativity has been dried up for years and even before that he leaned a lot on shoulders which he shouldn't. When you look back at everything he did outside the Stones it's never new, surprising or fresh or daring at all. Just a copy from a copy from a copy. Wingless Angels is the only original project I would say...

Wingless Angels was excellent indeed.

Before being too cathegoric, maybe some revisiting will do you good? I thought the jazzy stuff he did on his solo albums was both surprising and daring - like Jagger's Handsome Molly-cover. Out of the box:

Yeah you thought so...
But it's all coming from inside or outside or under the same box for years.
Nothing really bad but just not surprising at all.
He 'surprised' as a Rolling Stone by bringing out two solo albums...but not with with daring / surprising new quality.

Date: July 28, 2014 22:32

And Handsome Molly really is another league...fresh and crispy and yet authentically covered and dedication to the original. Wandering Spirit is a very good and skillful demonstration of what the Stones could have done and are or were capable of but failed to do because of...sigh... conventions and stuff...politics eye rolling smiley
What KR did was playing KR...

Date: July 28, 2014 22:52

I beg to differ, save half of Main Offender.

Date: July 28, 2014 23:00

DandelionPowderman
I beg to differ, save half of Main Offender.

Never beg! smoking smiley
To be constructive: what I think he should have done... When you listen to all the Voodoo outtakes his best work is playing acoustic. At that time he could still play very good and very delicate so he should have made a Johhny Cash like album a la American Recordings. The Redlands Recordings...but the image was different...or something..he didn't dare do it..whatever. Now he can't do it anymore..it's just hit it for the rough rhythm and that's so so or ok but the way he still could delicately finetune early nineties..those days are over.

Posted by: Brstonesfan ()
Date: July 28, 2014 23:05

He lost his touch many years ago...he cannot play even the basic opening chords to songs he has played thousands of times. he has embarrassed himself , the band, and us as fans. Mick Taylor is the only real solution should the band wish to record again.

Posted by: Mel Belli ()
Date: July 28, 2014 23:09

Brstonesfan
He lost his touch many years ago...he cannot play even the basic opening chords to songs he has played thousands of times. he has embarrassed himself , the band, and us as fans. Mick Taylor is the only real solution should the band wish to record again.

His chops as a rock guitarist have diminished a lot. But I'm still interested in what he has to say musicall — whether it's country, Chet Baker crooning, or blues. I've been dying for him to make a Tom Waits- or Leonard Cohen-style album for years. Maybe it's finally coming to pass!

Date: July 28, 2014 23:24

Mel Belli
Brstonesfan

His chops as a rock guitarist have diminished a lot. But I'm still interested in what he has to say musicall — whether it's country, Chet Baker crooning, or blues. I've been dying for him to make a Tom Waits- or Leonard Cohen-style album for years. Maybe it's finally coming to pass!

Please...I don't agree with Brstonesfan all the way but don't say this. Baker was top quality and you just can't compare KR with that...never.

Date: July 29, 2014 00:05

He has surprised us once, Dreamer. Let's see if he can do it again smoking smiley

Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()
Date: July 29, 2014 00:42

Sure some Keith haters on this forum. Typical of most online forums I'm afraid.

Posted by: Brstonesfan ()
Date: July 29, 2014 01:42

No one hates Keith. We love him, but are not going to ignore the obvious. He nearly destroyed the band with that stupid book and then hoes on tour thanks to Mick forgiving him and can't play a lick. Does not practice or take any pride in his playing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-07-29 01:46 by Brstonesfan.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: July 29, 2014 01:53

Brstonesfan
No one hates Keith. We love him, but are not going to ignore the obvious. He nearly destroyed the band with that stupid book and then hoes on tour thanks to Mick forgiving him and can't play a lick. Does not practice or take any pride in his playing.

I usually ignore the bashing posts, but that statement is too ridiculous for words. The worst is your assertion that Keith takes no pride in his playing...how on earth???

GRRRRRR!!!!

Date: July 29, 2014 02:19

latebloomer
Brstonesfan

I usually ignore the bashing posts, but that statement is too ridiculous for words. The worst is your assertion that Keith takes no pride in his playing...how on earth???

GRRRRRR!!!!

+1

I'd like to watch a 70 y o Brstonesfan rock for over two hours repeatedly each week, with fingers like that.

Many posters here said that Keith couldn't play at all anymore before these tours. Well, he just proved them wrong!

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: July 29, 2014 02:26

Brstonesfan

"Hoes on tour"?

You mean they're still doing groupies and partying like it's 1972?

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: July 29, 2014 02:28

stonehearted
Brstonesfan

"Hoes on tour"?

it was about time someone came up with a good name for the rumoured 2015 tour!

Date: July 29, 2014 02:30

stonehearted
Brstonesfan

"Hoes on tour"?

Like it's 1792!

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: July 29, 2014 02:30

Lock up yer Grandfathers! it's the Rolling Stones and they got Hoes On Tour!

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: July 29, 2014 03:20

Nikkei
Lock up yer Grandfathers! it's the Rolling Stones and they got Hoes On Tour!

Ummm Lock up your GREAT Grandfathers.....smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: July 29, 2014 05:01

I would love to be excited about this, but I am not. Why? The man just doesn't really write songs anymore. Hasn't for ages. My guess is we will get something along the lines of Main Offender, which was largely a collection of riffs in search of songs. If so, I have no real interest. Could I be wrong? Sure, and I hope I am.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: July 29, 2014 05:57

I'd rather critique something new instead of speculate what the man can't do. Whatever comes out will have Keith's stamp of approval no doubt.

Date: July 29, 2014 07:43

Maindefender
I'd rather critique something new instead of speculate what the man can't do. Whatever comes out will have Keith's stamp of approval no doubt.

I would love an album full of new songs as good as Happy, Wild Horses, You Got The Silver, and Before They Make Me Run. Or something completely surprising, like some country covers. Who knows, maybe we'll get that. I am only judging on his output in recent years. As I said, I hope I'm wrong. Nothing would make me happier than a great Keith Richards record.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-07-29 08:21 by 71Tele.

Date: July 29, 2014 08:13

I agree with all that 71Tele.

Date: July 29, 2014 10:02

71Tele
I would love to be excited about this, but I am not. Why? The man just doesn't really write songs anymore. Hasn't for ages. My guess is we will get something along the lines of Main Offender, which was largely a collection of riffs in search of songs. If so, I have no real interest. Could I be wrong? Sure, and I hope I am.

The exceptions were Wicked As It Seems, Eileen, Yap Yap, Words Of Wonder, Demon and Hate It When You Leave, though.

I have the same feeling as you have when it comes to this album, but a closer listen reveals that half of the album is really great. It is the "twin songs" WBYW and RTD that destroys a lot of the impression, I guess...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-07-29 10:03 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: July 29, 2014 12:25

If ya don't dig Main OFfender then you can't be alive (or haven't eaten p***y for the last decade).

Date: July 29, 2014 14:02

MadMax
If ya don't dig Main OFfender then you can't be alive (or haven't eaten p***y for the last decade).

Yeah, ok. If you say so. As for pussy-eating, there are better records. Exile, for one. All Main Offender proved is that Keith really needs Mick to finish songs. (Mick's solo albums proved the same thing).

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718...LastNext
Current Page: 13 of 257

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1836
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home