Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 257
Re: Keith Recording in NYC
Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: October 7, 2013 05:23

JumpinJackOLantern
Munichhilton
corriecas
bluesinc.
i would be so damn awesome happy if there is really a new ALBUM coming from keith in the near future (dec 13/jan 14)

Me too!!smileys with beerhot smiley
jeroen

It beats the hell out of another Stones album. Keith represents the future of the sounds we've all been waiting for...

I always think of what could have been if he hadn't hindered himself with drug abuse. Maybe the next Bob Dylan?

I'm no advocate for drug use, but Keith wrote some of his best stuff juiced up and sloppy...so I don't really see him as hindered..

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: October 7, 2013 14:24

Keith may finally be ready to release a solo album of the stuff he's really into and wants to play.

Prior to Talk Is Cheap he used to say he hadn't released any solo work partly because it wouldn't be stuff people expected or wanted to hear from him.

TIC & Main Offender were subsequently , in large part, exactly what "Keith fans" wanted and expected.

The next offering might be more like what he wants them to hear from him.

I'm crossing my fingers.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-10-07 14:25 by Spud.

Posted by: Glammy ()
Date: October 7, 2013 14:52

Keith looks like he's proud of his gut.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: October 7, 2013 14:54

JumpinJackOLantern
KatieGirl
I agree with the last two posters. Keith is working on a solo project because nothing else is happening at the moment. I would love a good Rolling Stones album, but failing that, I'll take one from Keith gladly.

Yes, that would certainly be better than nothing.

Sometimes I get the feeling that Mick has all but divorced himself from Keith for all that has gone down between them. The book may have been the final straw? They seem to be able to get together on stage with the other guys but that appears to be the extent of it. If they were truly like brothers then I think they would have done more in recent years. One thing that has stuck in my mind (and I find a little disturbing) is Mick's comments before '50 and Counting when he said he wanted to call the tour The F**K Off tour. Just what exactly did he mean by that?

He didnt mean anything by it - it was merely said for dramatic effect. he knows as well as anyone that the all-important corporate sponsors wouldnt have touched a tour of that name with a bargepole.

Mind you, when I saw the ticket prices for the arena shows I think his off the cuff comment for what he wanted to call the tour may have had some validity.

Date: October 7, 2013 19:17

Glammy

Wouldn't you be? That thing is made of IRON!!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 7, 2013 19:37

Munichhilton
Glammy

Is that why he's been so rusty of late?

Date: October 7, 2013 19:49

treaclefingers
Munichhilton
Glammy

Seasoned...IRON gets seasoned...

Date: October 7, 2013 21:35

Munichhilton
treaclefingers
Munichhilton
Glammy

Iron gets seasoned because iron needs seasoning - if it doesnt get seasoned, then iron is very rust prone. Sometimes too much seasoning is not desired but over a long period of time, seasoning is absolutely essential to prevent rust formation. Sometimes, there is so much pre-formed rust that seasoning and re-seasoning can become very complicated but have to be undertaken just to hide the rust. You can then blame the seasoning all you want for hiding the iron underneath but be thankful that the iron was saved from further exposure....the rust might have destroyed it to the point that you might not even have remembered that there was iron once below.

Absolutely no one likes seasoning for the sake of seasoning. Strangely a lot of people seem to mistake rust for iron

Date: October 7, 2013 21:45

wanderingspirit66
Munichhilton
treaclefingers
Munichhilton
Glammy

Iron gets seasoned because iron needs seasoning - if it doesnt get seasoned, then iron is very rust prone. Sometimes too much seasoning is not desired but over a long period of time, seasoning is absolutely essential to prevent rust formation. Sometimes, there is so much pre-formed rust that seasoning and re-seasoning can become very complicated but have to be undertaken just to hide the rust. You can then blame the seasoning all you want for hiding the iron underneath but be thankful that the iron was saved from further exposure....the rust might have destroyed it to the point that you might not even have remembered that there was iron once below.

Absolutely no one likes seasoning for the sake of seasoning. Strangely a lot of people seem to mistake rust for iron

So what do you suggest....maybe some ointment?

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: October 7, 2013 22:23

1996 sessions (with Winos - KR's house in Ocho Rios), 2001 sessions (March - May: New Jersey and/or New York and/or Connecticut, KR's basement studio. Recording of solo tracks. Additional musicians: Blondie Chaplin (gtr or keyb), Bobby Keys (sax), George Recile (dr)), 2011 sessions (working on material with producer STEVE JORDAN and engineer DAVE O'DONNELL - Studio 1 at Germano Studios), one track recorded with Sheryl Crow never published ('High or Low'), two tracks recorded with Jack White, one track recorded with Ian Mclagan, 2013 sessions...Keef certainly has lots of good stuff to work on!

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: October 7, 2013 23:16

my guess is its gonna be a great album. gonna order my deluxe album now

Jeroen

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-10-07 23:17 by corriecas.

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: October 7, 2013 23:59

KRiffhard
1996 sessions (with Winos - KR's house in Ocho Rios), 2001 sessions (March - May: New Jersey and/or New York and/or Connecticut, KR's basement studio. Recording of solo tracks. Additional musicians: Blondie Chaplin (gtr or keyb), Bobby Keys (sax), George Recile (dr)), 2011 sessions (working on material with producer STEVE JORDAN and engineer DAVE O'DONNELL - Studio 1 at Germano Studios), one track recorded with Sheryl Crow never published ('High or Low'), two tracks recorded with Jack White, one track recorded with Ian Mclagan, 2013 sessions...Keef certainly has lots of good stuff to work on!

Rather than getting ourselves all worked up about if or not:
This is a solo album
This is a Wino's album
This is going to detract from the Stones doing a new album
This is going to hurt Jagger's feelings

Maybe we should just be happy that Keith is "OPENING HIS PERSONAL VAULTS".
Seems that most here generally like the topic of opening the vaults.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: October 8, 2013 00:11

Considering that he's taken more than two decades to follow up his previous solo record, and that he's taken so long to record the apparent present project, then by the time it is finally released it will seem like personal archives are being dusted off.

Date: October 8, 2013 00:28

You're no fun anymore...

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 8, 2013 02:53

Munichhilton
treaclefingers
Munichhilton
Glammy

Seasoned iron gets panned...like Keith's guitar solo's.

OK, I think I dislocated my shoulder reaching to nail that one.

Date: October 8, 2013 07:23

stonehearted
Considering that he's taken more than two decades to follow up his previous solo record, and that he's taken so long to record the apparent present project, then by the time it is finally released it will seem like personal archives are being dusted off.

Well, I suppose it isn't all bad. At least it will give us something to look forward to this winter. The Stones (as a unit) apparently have gone into hibernation; and who knows, maybe this time they don't wake up?

Date: October 8, 2013 07:25

JumpinJackOLantern
stonehearted

Well, I suppose it isn't all bad. At least it will give us something to look forward to this winter. The Stones (as a unit) apparently have gone into hibernation; and who knows, maybe this time they don't wake up?

Mick has become a snowbird.

Date: October 8, 2013 07:49

stonehearted
JumpinJackOLantern
stonehearted

Mick keeps saying he is writing all of the time, but doesn't seem to be in any hurry to record new material with the Stones or on his own. Somebody needs to go dig him out of the snow. Maybe Woz, I mean, Was, can drag him out of the snow and into the studio!

Date: October 8, 2013 08:49

JumpinJackOLantern
stonehearted
JumpinJackOLantern
stonehearted

Mick keeps saying he is writing all of the time, but doesn't seem to be in any hurry to record new material with the Stones or on his own. Somebody needs to go dig him out of the snow. Maybe Woz, I mean, Was, can drag him out of the snow and into the studio!

What I meant is that Mick has left Stones activity covered over in a sheet of ice while he has sought out sunnier climes.

And look at the way Macca is grabbing all the headlines while The Stones hibernate in neutral, with his continuous touring and now a new album and all these TV appearances and fan interactions--even page 1 of the board here on IORR is half clogged with Macca's latest headline-grabbing exploits....

....even you must admit, it looks as though The Beatles have pulled back into the lead....

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: October 8, 2013 10:47

corriecas
my guess is its gonna be a great album. gonna order my deluxe album now

Jeroen

...I'm wating for the Japanese import Special Deluxe Edition tracklisting before I order mine...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-10-08 11:35 by RoughJusticeOnYa.

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: October 8, 2013 19:21

stonehearted
JumpinJackOLantern
stonehearted
JumpinJackOLantern
stonehearted

What I meant is that Mick has left Stones activity covered over in a sheet of ice while he has sought out sunnier climes.

And look at the way Macca is grabbing all the headlines while The Stones hibernate in neutral, with his continuous touring and now a new album and all these TV appearances and fan interactions--even page 1 of the board here on IORR is half clogged with Macca's latest headline-grabbing exploits....

....even you must admit, it looks as though The Beatles have pulled back into the lead....

Don't I remember a story from the 1960's where the Stones & Beatles used to consult with each other about when they'd release singles so as not to step on each other's chart positions? Maybe now, Mick & Paul have agreed not to tour opposite each other so they can each have the maximum exposure when they're actually out and working. Yeah, I know that's a stretch but I'm trying to give Mick the benefit of some sort of logical explination for taking time off at this point while assuming (hoping) that we will see them again some day.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: October 8, 2013 19:34

McCartney did several US shows in May and June while the Stones were touring.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: October 9, 2013 01:53

mr_dja
Don't I remember a story from the 1960's

I really don't know what you remember smiling smiley

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: October 9, 2013 04:11

bye bye johnny

That's not fair and in violation of the original agreement! Bad Macca! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 9, 2013 04:59

I suggest you calm down, young man. Try listening to James McCartney's new album,

NO..NO!!! ........ watch a bit of James Cagney and get yaself arced right UP... Hahaheh

ROCKMAN

Date: October 9, 2013 18:58

JumpinJackOLantern
bye bye johnny

That's not fair and in violation of the original agreement! Bad Macca!

Not the first occurrence. Just the most recent.

Date: October 9, 2013 20:05

Might have an inkling as to "why now, Keith?"

According to Ronnie, sounds like the Stones have no plans until they "hopefully" get together in February.

Date: October 9, 2013 20:10

No plans for The Stones means good music coming for Stones fans...

Hey somebody should tweet that...

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: October 9, 2013 22:18

Maybe the plan is to take the holidays off and then start rehearsals again in January/February?

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: October 10, 2013 21:31

"In 2011, Richards worked on the Rolling Stones' reissue of their 1978 album "Some Girls," and he returned to the recording studio to work on solo material with longtime collaborator Steve Jordan. GQ reports that Richards and Jordan have recorded six songs so far "which may or may not turn into an album." Richards said of recording his latest solo music: "I'm sort of basically recovering from the book, and this is my therapy at the moment. In the process of doing it, my chops are coming back. Songwriting's a weird game. I never intended to become one — I fell into this by mistake, and I can't get out of it. It fascinates me. I like to point out the rawer points of life. I work the seamier side of life."

Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()
Date: May 28, 2011 23:54

"Keith is still recording toward a potential Winos project

Date: October 22, 2011 23:45
They've been recording in both Connecticut and New York City.

TeddyB1018
Yep. He's also back in the studio working in his own stuff. Playing well.

Ronnie: "(...)Keith is making his record in New York, Mick is like, forever, getting into different musical... we are not getting any younger.(...)

Date: June 27, 2012 23:35

"I'm around, Riffhard. Keith is still working in the studio with Pierre as of two days ago. The word I heard from someone present daily at the studio in New Jersey is that it sounded really, even surprisingly great (...).

2013 Lee "Scratch" Perry and Steve Marshall mixing "Prisoner of Loneliness" for Keith Richards' new solo album in Germano Studios, Broadway, NYC.

I think now there are no doubts about the release of the new Keef solo album.
Are you agree Teddy?
We confidently await!

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 257

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1845
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home