Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516...LastNext
Current Page: 11 of 44
Re: OT NFL 2013-14
Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: October 8, 2013 13:45

mr_dja
Max'sKansasCity
DGA35
The Broncos, Jacksonville game is the largest spread in NFL history from what I heard! Could Manning get over 60 points or would he get pulled early?

Great point, Manning would get pulled early in a blow out like that and (from what I saw in the last game that happened) it is bad news for his receivers. A couple of weeks ago when the donkey backup came in he was hanging the receivers out to dry with high throws and bad passes... and I made the comment that day "I bet next time they pull Manning, Wes Welker, and others too, will say, fk that!! PULL ME TOO! that idiot backup QB is going to get me injured".

Watching the backup QB come in to replace Manning showed just exactly how calm, cool and collected Manning is and what an expert passer he is, he puts that ball on the spot... sheesh if I dont dont complimenting Archie's boy, the donkey's QB, I am going to have to kick my own azz, Fk those fkg donkeys!!!

What's the old saying "don't hate the player, hate the game"? Maybe you can modify it in this case to "don't hate the player, hate the team". I know that my teenage brain about exploded when I found out that Larry Bird respected Magic Johnson. How the hell was I supposed to even consider someone in Purple & Gold to even be human? Thankfully, I took Larry's advice and now respect Magic like few others. Kobe's still a punk though & anyone in Purple & Gold is still f'in despised on a level like few others (at least in my sporting mind!)

Peace,
Mr DJA

Oh, and since no one else is saying it... GO STEELERS!!! (How I hate it when they suck)
I'm not a Steelers fan especially since they (& the refs, haha) cost me $2000 when they played Seattle in the Super Bowl. Look at it this way: they will be large & in charge next draft!winking smiley

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: October 8, 2013 19:13

crholmstrom
mr_dja

Oh, and since no one else is saying it... GO STEELERS!!! (How I hate it when they suck)
I'm not a Steelers fan especially since they (& the refs, haha) cost me $2000 when they played Seattle in the Super Bowl. Look at it this way: they will be large & in charge next draft!winking smiley

That's about all I have to look forward to at this point... Maybe I can hope for them to pull off a couple of upsets as well though I won't be holding my breath for even that. I guess the draft is something to look forward to as, I'm pretty sure they were the last team to win the Super Bowl with all draft picks. Maybe 2014 draft can be the beginning of a draft "mastery"!

Peace,
Mr DJA

Date: October 8, 2013 19:38

JETS

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: October 9, 2013 03:23

And now an MLB FALL UPDATE brought to you by Neil Young.

Some awesome do or die MLB baseball going on tonight, tomorrow and maybe Thursday night.

Tigers V As right now...
as The Tigers just broke it open hoping to force another game Thursday,
can The As come back in this game and win the best of 5 games tonight???

As I type and edit The As have scored 2 runs in the 9th inning with 2 outs trying to come back and win and clinch the best of 5 series... WOW!!! ILOVEDEBASEBALL! ...but No, The Oakland As can not win it and there will be a final game Thursday, series tied 2-2 (SO FUN!!! IT WILL BE AN MLB AND NFL THURSNIGHT!!)

Next up tonight
Bawstun tries to win the best of 5 series against Tampa Bay
can Tampa win another close one tonight and force a game 5 Thursday???

ALDS
Matchup Date Time (ET) TV
Game 1 Boston 12, Tampa Bay 2 Fri, Oct 4 TBS
Game 2 Boston 7, Tampa Bay 4 Sat, Oct 5 TBS
Game 3 Tampa Bay 5, Boston 4 Mon, Oct 7 TBS
Game 4 Boston @ Tampa Bay Tue, Oct 8 8:30 PM TBS
Game 5* Tampa Bay @ Boston Thu, Oct 10 5:30 PM TBS

ALDS
Game Matchup Date Time (ET) TV
Game 1 Detroit 3, Oakland 2 Fri, Oct 4 TBS
Game 2 Oakland 1, Detroit 0 Sat, Oct 5 TBS
Game 3 Oakland 6, Detroit 3 Mon, Oct 7 MLBN
Game 4 Oakland @ Detroit Tue, Oct 8 5:00 PM TBS tickets
Game 5* Detroit @ Oakland Thu, Oct 10 9:00 PM TBS

MEANWHILE IN THE NL

The Dodgers moved ahead by winning the best of 5 over Atlanta last night...

St Louie and Pitt are tied up 2 games each, decided tomorrow in game 5

Game 1 St. Louis 9, Pittsburgh 1 Thu, Oct 3 TBS
Game 2 Pittsburgh 7, St. Louis 1 Fri, Oct 4 MLBN
Game 3 Pittsburgh 5, St. Louis 3 Sun, Oct 6 TBS
Game 4 St. Louis 2, Pittsburgh 1 Mon, Oct 7 TBS
Game 5 Pittsburgh @ St. Louis Wed, Oct 9 8:00 PM TBS

NLDS
Game 1 LA Dodgers 6, Atlanta 1 Thu, Oct 3 TBS
Game 2 Atlanta 4, LA Dodgers 3 Fri, Oct 4 TBS
Game 3 LA Dodgers 13, Atlanta 6 Sun, Oct 6 TBS
Game 4 LA Dodgers 4, Atlanta 3 Mon, Oct 7 TBS

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2013-10-09 03:37 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: October 9, 2013 04:05

keefriffhard4life
JETS

I woke up this morning and was floored. However, seeing how Cantlanta is playing this year it's looking like even Jachsonville could beat them.

I would have to believe that Geno Smith had something to do with it.

Whatever. I'm just glad the Falcants lost. It's great when Cantlanta loses.

Posted by: U2Stonesfan ()
Date: October 9, 2013 06:16

Sorry Atlanta, Julio jones out for the season.

Date: October 9, 2013 06:52

GasLightStreet
keefriffhard4life
JETS

I woke up this morning and was floored. However, seeing how Cantlanta is playing this year it's looking like even Jachsonville could beat them.

I would have to believe that Geno Smith had something to do with it.

Whatever. I'm just glad the Falcants lost. It's great when Cantlanta loses.

yup geno smith is only the 2nd rookie QB ever to win a monday night football game. geno completed 80% of his passes and threw 3 TDs and had no turnovers. first time in nfl history a rookie QB did all that on monday football. dan marino threw 3 TDs but didn't win and didn't complete 80% of his passes. other than marino no other rookie QB has ever thrown 3 TDs on monday night football

Date: October 9, 2013 12:50

Max'sKansasCity
And now an MLB FALL UPDATE brought to you by Neil Young.

Some awesome do or die MLB baseball going on tonight, tomorrow and maybe Thursday night.

Tigers V As right now...
as The Tigers just broke it open hoping to force another game Thursday,
can The As come back in this game and win the best of 5 games tonight???

As I type and edit The As have scored 2 runs in the 9th inning with 2 outs trying to come back and win and clinch the best of 5 series... WOW!!! ILOVEDEBASEBALL! ...but No, The Oakland As can not win it and there will be a final game Thursday, series tied 2-2 (SO FUN!!! IT WILL BE AN MLB AND NFL THURSNIGHT!!)

Next up tonight
Bawstun tries to win the best of 5 series against Tampa Bay
can Tampa win another close one tonight and force a game 5 Thursday???

ALDS
Matchup Date Time (ET) TV
Game 1 Boston 12, Tampa Bay 2 Fri, Oct 4 TBS
Game 2 Boston 7, Tampa Bay 4 Sat, Oct 5 TBS
Game 3 Tampa Bay 5, Boston 4 Mon, Oct 7 TBS
Game 4 Boston @ Tampa Bay Tue, Oct 8 8:30 PM TBS
Game 5* Tampa Bay @ Boston Thu, Oct 10 5:30 PM TBS

ALDS
Game 1 Detroit 3, Oakland 2 Fri, Oct 4 TBS
Game 2 Oakland 1, Detroit 0 Sat, Oct 5 TBS
Game 3 Oakland 6, Detroit 3 Mon, Oct 7 MLBN
Game 4 Oakland @ Detroit Tue, Oct 8 5:00 PM TBS tickets
Game 5* Detroit @ Oakland Thu, Oct 10 9:00 PM TBS

MEANWHILE IN THE NL

The Dodgers moved ahead by winning the best of 5 over Atlanta last night...

St Louie and Pitt are tied up 2 games each, decided tomorrow in game 5

Game 1 St. Louis 9, Pittsburgh 1 Thu, Oct 3 TBS
Game 2 Pittsburgh 7, St. Louis 1 Fri, Oct 4 MLBN
Game 3 Pittsburgh 5, St. Louis 3 Sun, Oct 6 TBS
Game 4 St. Louis 2, Pittsburgh 1 Mon, Oct 7 TBS
Game 5 Pittsburgh @ St. Louis Wed, Oct 9 8:00 PM TBS

NLDS
Game 1 LA Dodgers 6, Atlanta 1 Thu, Oct 3 TBS
Game 2 Atlanta 4, LA Dodgers 3 Fri, Oct 4 TBS
Game 3 LA Dodgers 13, Atlanta 6 Sun, Oct 6 TBS
Game 4 LA Dodgers 4, Atlanta 3 Mon, Oct 7 TBS

Even though I'm a bitter Seattle baseball fan, the playoffs have been good this year. Think I'd like to see a Pittsburg/Oakland World Series.

Date: October 9, 2013 18:19

crholmstrom

Even though I'm a bitter Seattle baseball fan, the playoffs have been good this year. Think I'd like to see a Pittsburg/Oakland World Series.

I'll allow for your Pittsburg wishes (especially since their NFL team isn't doing anything for me this year) but Oakland/Detroit won't be making it past Boston. At least I hope not! Go Sox! Or Go "Sawx" depending on how thick your accent is! smileys with beer

Enjoy the games!

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: October 9, 2013 22:53

What's all this controversy about the "Redskins" nick name being offensive? I never hear the Indian Tribes complain about the "Tomahawk" Missle or "Apache" Attack Helicopter! Give it a break!

Date: October 9, 2013 23:21

Chris Fountain
What's all this controversy about the "Redskins" nick name being offensive? I never hear the Indian Tribes complain about the "Tomahawk" Missle or "Apache" Attack Helicopter! Give it a break!

because those names are not racial slurs

Date: October 9, 2013 23:34

When Redskin fans think of their team, racism is not on the agenda. Winning is on the mind.

I'm not a Skins fan but I see their point of view.

Date: October 10, 2013 01:02

One moral of the story is... about how some people say things like "I dont care if they record my conversations or record what I do on video because I am not doing anything wrong"...

... Well, those people might not be doing anything wrong based on todays standards, but when those conversations or video is played 20-30 years from now what they are doing on them might be considered crimminal or racist or even a hate crime, because times change and when they do some people feel obligated to force their new values upon people who have been doing things the same way for a long long time.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: October 10, 2013 01:29

Houston fans (if you own computers and are on IORR) you're outta control...leave Schaub alone, you're lucky he even performs for you bastards!

Date: October 10, 2013 05:57

MLB update... The wild card teams are gone, only division winners remain.

It will be The Dodgers vs The red birds for the NL.
It will be Boston vs the winner of tomorrows game between Detroit and Oakland
If you want to see a heck of a game... watch tomorrow night.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-10-10 05:58 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: October 10, 2013 10:47

Max'sKansasCity

I have to root for Oakland. They seem to contend most years without increasing the national debt. Gives hope to the non major market teams. I'm sorry but I'm sick of the Red Sox. I'll Detroit props because they have a surly old school manager. On the National League side, I don't know. I guess St. Lous. It's all just filler til Sunday anyway. Haha. Not counting the Giants game tonight.

Date: October 10, 2013 17:16

crholmstrom
Max'sKansasCity

I have to root for Oakland. They seem to contend most years without increasing the national debt. Gives hope to the non major market teams. I'm sorry but I'm sick of the Red Sox. I'll Detroit props because they have a surly old school manager. On the National League side, I don't know. I guess St. Lous. It's all just filler til Sunday anyway. Haha. Not counting the Giants game tonight.

As a long suffering Red Sox fan I've got to say it's pretty cool to read the above post and see the "I'm sick of the Red Sox" comment. For 80+ years (& the first 35 years of my life) we dreamed and wished that other fans would be sick of us! How fast things can change in just a little over a decade. I must say, I like this feeling better than all the years I spent watching balls go through legs and learning the middle names of Yankees players! Hopefully crholmstrom will find specific reasons to be "sick of the Red Sox" for the next three weeks or so as well as some lingering anguish over the off season!

GO SOX!

Peace,
Mr DJA

Date: October 10, 2013 20:30

Which one of these is not like the other?
MLB salaries for 2013 [www.usatoday.com]

2 Dodgers.... $ 216,597,577
4 Red Sox.... $ 150,655,500
5 Tigers....... $ 148,414,500
11 Cardinals. $ 115,222,086
27 Athletics.. $ _60,664,500

I have to say GO BILLY!!

But I think in the end it is The Dodgers year to win it all, plus, I love LA.

Date: October 10, 2013 22:30

Redskin issue has been resolved -

Washington Redskins Change Their Name To The D.C. Redskins

Oct 9, 2013 (The Onion)

WASHINGTON—

Following an outpouring of criticism from across the country, the Washington Redskins announced Wednesday that they are officially changing the team’s name to the D.C. Redskins. “We’ve heard the concerns of many people who have been hurt or offended by the team’s previous name, and I’m happy to say we’ve now rectified the situation once and for all,” said franchise owner Dan Snyder, adding that “Washington Redskins” will be replaced with “D.C. Redskins” on all team logos, uniforms, and apparel. “It was a difficult decision—and one that, frankly, I’m a little embarrassed took me so long to make. So hopefully we can now put this issue to bed and start cheering on our D.C. Redskins.” In light of Snyder’s decision, Cleveland Indians owner Larry Dolan told reporters he will change the feather in Chief Wahoo’s headdress from red to a “more appropriate” shade of red.

Date: October 11, 2013 02:08

mr_dja
crholmstrom
Max'sKansasCity

As a long suffering Red Sox fan I've got to say it's pretty cool to read the above post and see the "I'm sick of the Red Sox" comment. For 80+ years (& the first 35 years of my life) we dreamed and wished that other fans would be sick of us! How fast things can change in just a little over a decade. I must say, I like this feeling better than all the years I spent watching balls go through legs and learning the middle names of Yankees players! Hopefully crholmstrom will find specific reasons to be "sick of the Red Sox" for the next three weeks or so as well as some lingering anguish over the off season!

GO SOX!

Peace,
Mr DJA
I did love Fenway. I saw the Mariners play there in 2001. I got a ticket via the Mariners via the Red Sox office. Somehow I ended up 8 rows behind home plate for 2 games. Close enough I could hear Lou Pinella cuss. & I have been to a Red Sox/Yankee game in Yankee stadium. I hate the #@$%&^ Yankees way more than the Red Sox!>grinning smiley<

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: October 11, 2013 02:11

crholmstrom
mr_dja
crholmstrom
Max'sKansasCity

GO SOX!

Peace,
Mr DJA
I did love Fenway. I saw the Mariners play there in 2001. I got a ticket via the Mariners via the Red Sox office. Somehow I ended up 8 rows behind home plate for 2 games. Close enough I could hear Lou Pinella cuss. & I have been to a Red Sox/Yankee game in Yankee stadium. I hate the #@$%&^ Yankees way more than the Red Sox!>grinning smiley<

NFL DUDE...We need a new system for OT's about OT's.

BTW...you have more I's than a spider.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-10-11 02:21 by shadooby.

Date: October 11, 2013 02:24

I did love Fenway...I saw the Mariners...I got a ticket...I ended up 8 rows behind home plate...I could hear Lou Pinella cuss...I have been to a Red Sox/Yankee game in Yankee stadium...I hate the #@$%&^ Yankees.

NICE>grinning smiley<

Date: October 11, 2013 02:36

DA BEARS!!!!!!

Date: October 11, 2013 02:38

shadooby
DA BEARS!!!!!!

Did you know the NFL record for amount of turnovers in a game by a winning team is 9? Just sayin....hahahaha

Date: October 11, 2013 02:42

Thankfully -No players on my FFL team is playing tonight. Seems like like a Bear victory -

Date: October 11, 2013 02:47

Chris Fountain
Thankfully -No players on my FFL team is playing tonight. Seems like like a Bear victory -
Ya, one would think. How many games can the Giants lose though? Hopefully many. One New York NFL team doing ok is more than enough.

Posted by: lettingitbleed ()
Date: October 11, 2013 02:49

crholmstrom
Chris Fountain
Ya, one would think. How many games can the Giants lose though? Hopefully many. One New York NFL team doing ok is more than enough.

I agree completly, crholmstom.

Date: October 11, 2013 03:05

lettingitbleed
crholmstrom
Chris Fountain

I agree completly, crholmstom.

I figure to care more I gotta have at least one player picked in the game, so I have two, one on each team.... so whom I cheer for all depends... as long as my picks are getting me some points... so.... GO GUYS WHO I PICKED!!! winking smiley

Date: October 11, 2013 03:08

I'm not watching. Game 5 A's/Detroit just fired up!

Date: October 11, 2013 03:10

NFL DUDE...We need a new system for OT's about OT's.

I figured some bleedover for the MLB playoffs for a bit wouldnt hurt too much, and thought it was pretty much the same people yaking about MLB as yacks about the NFL.... and it saves bv some thread space, it is nice of him to allow us to be this far OT... so cool for that.... AND FUN!! but we should probably draw the line at golf and fishing.... but some boobs would be OK, afterall it is national Breast aweness month.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516...LastNext
Current Page: 11 of 44

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2108
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home