Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4041424344454647484950...LastNext
Current Page: 45 of 56
Re: Sweet Summer Sun - Hyde Park Live : DVD & BluRay due Nov. 11
Posted by: djgab ()
Date: November 13, 2013 13:46

has the quality of the vynil pressing already been discussed ?
I've listenned to it yesterday.
my first quick opinion is that the sound is good (better for example than the last Exile reissue or even the Live in Texas) but not as good as the last GYYO.
I have to listen more carrefully.
does anyone has better ideas ?

Date: November 13, 2013 13:57

djgab
my first quick opinion is that the sound is good (better for example than the last Exile reissue or even the Live in Texas) but not as good as the last GYYO.

The sound is great. The label on it looks cheap, imo.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: November 13, 2013 15:16

DandelionPowderman
djgab

The sound is great. The label on it looks cheap, imo.

Looking forwardd to my vinyl landing over the next day or so.
The last Exile re-issue was a good pressing but suffered from the digital mastering & over-compression. LOUD, unsubtle. and with no depth to the soundstage.

Live in Texas on vinyl is quite listenable...certainly more so than the CD.
I've played that one quite a bit.

[It's shame that new vinyl's aren't mastered from the original analogue source with "archive" releases and where the tapes exist.]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-11-13 15:28 by Spud.

Date: November 13, 2013 15:41

I thought the Live In Texas LP was excellent.

The SSS is trebly, but sounds very good in a SG kind of way, imo.

The DVD audio mix was not as good as on the LP, imo. Keith's guitar on Ruby Tuesday is not audible, and his vocals are too loud in the mix, for instance.

Posted by: rogerriffin ()
Date: November 13, 2013 15:44

Irix
Emotional Rescue was already on YT on 14th July, but was blocked by Eagle Records then sad smiley

But hereĀ“s another:

Posted by: IrelandCalling4 ()
Date: November 13, 2013 17:19

Pity 'Tumbling Dice' isn't on the Euro version; usually bonus tracks are on CD, not many times I've got Live DVD's to have different tracks for different terrritories

I love 'Emotional Rescue', it would have been great to have the full 20 tracks on every DVD no matter what the territory.

Anyone have 'Dice' to add to YouTube? It does sound great actually on the 'Hyde Park Live' download from a few months ago

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: November 13, 2013 18:51

I got the US deluxe Book/2 DVD/BluRay/2 CD package. Hyde Park '69 is Stonesin The Park. Emotional Rescue is on the Blu (no Dice). Book is nice but the packaging is awful. Very difficult to take the discs out without bending them and getting fingerprints on the edge. Would have been great if each disc was packaged separately in its own box. Regarding the show, it's excellent but the editing goes from scene to scene much too quickly. Not enough time to actually focus on each musician.

Posted by: latvianinexile ()
Date: November 13, 2013 19:28

The filmmakers have used footage of both shows within many songs, e.g., Rambler, Gimme Shelter, JJF. When you watch Keith you can tell which night the footage is from. On the 6th there was a corner of his bandana sticking out, but on the 13th the bandana was wound more orderly. Compare to photos and private videos if you like.

Posted by: varv ()
Date: November 13, 2013 22:02

Just checked Amazon. $25 for the dvd and 2 cd's. Throw in a Hyde Park '69 dvd and it's $90?

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 13, 2013 22:28

varv
Just checked Amazon. $25 for the dvd and 2 cd's. Throw in a Hyde Park '69 dvd and it's $90?

Yeah, it's a bit ridonkulous.

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: November 13, 2013 23:52

treaclefingers
varv

Yeah, it's a bit ridonkulous.

The least they could do was give a book without discs stuck in the cover without any protection from bending, scratching, etc. Each of these items could have been packaged individually in a nice box (e.g. Deluxe Ya Yas). Nice to have backup CDs for the exact same "for a limited time only" iTunes version I previously purchased. And Stones In The Park, which I have (in an actual case). I got this Sweet Summer Sun for a pre-ordered $60 so I guess I should feel lucky.

The actual show is great but, as mentioned, spliced into snippets of the performers at various moments from both shows, but no real meaty focus for the most part.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-11-13 23:53 by bleedingman.

Posted by: Blueranger ()
Date: November 14, 2013 00:39

I got the vinyl plus dvd today.
I had no expectations (no pun intended) to this, other than I of course wanted it for my collection.
I must say, I am surprised how good it actually is.
The performance has clearly been fixed at various places, but so what, everbody does that.
The vinyl package is too long for plastic sleeves. But other than that, it is a great set in high quality cardboard and there are norhing wrong with the vinyl, which is dead quiet and sounds great.
The film itself, is very cleverly made. The whole tone and editing is very nice and captures a great spirit.
So there are nothing to be ashamed of. It's a nice souvenir.

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: November 14, 2013 00:54

Has anyone noticed that the film has a different Rambler to the audio release ?............I'm positive !

sc uk

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-11-14 00:55 by straycatuk.

Posted by: Riffbuk ()
Date: November 14, 2013 00:55

In Portugal the first ones who bought the Deluxe Edition got a t-shirt...

Date: November 14, 2013 01:18

Blueranger
I had no expectations (no pun intended) to this, other than I of course wanted it for my collection.
The performance has clearly been fixed at various places, but so what, everbody does that.
The vinyl package is too long for plastic sleeves. But other than that, it is a great set in high quality cardboard and there are norhing wrong with the vinyl, which is dead quiet and sounds great.
The film itself, is very cleverly made. The whole tone and editing is very nice and captures a great spirit.

Sounds great, mine isn't arriving until next week.

Just to clarify, the DVD in this vinyl set is in fact a video, correct? I ask because in the product description, Amazon has it as dvd-audio.

thx

Posted by: Blueranger ()
Date: November 14, 2013 01:21

treaclefingers
Blueranger

Sounds great, mine isn't arriving until next week.

Just to clarify, the DVD in this vinyl set is in fact a video, correct? I ask because in the product description, Amazon has it as dvd-audio.

thx

Yes, it's a video :-)

Posted by: Godxofxrock9 ()
Date: November 14, 2013 03:35

got the blu-ray from bestbuy and its so clear you can see every wrinkle

Posted by: erad ()
Date: November 14, 2013 04:06

My Vinyl set was waiting at home for me when I got home from my last exam for the year, a nice surprise! Didn't take long to get here (NZ) from Canada.

I watched the dvd up to the end of Rambler, the shots at the beginning of Mick T. fooling around with Ronnie and with his arm around Jaggers daughter were great to see, seems hes really enjoying himself at the moment.

Date: November 14, 2013 05:06

erad
My Vinyl set was waiting at home for me when I got home from my last exam for the year, a nice surprise! Didn't take long to get here (NZ) from Canada.

I watched the dvd up to the end of Rambler, the shots at the beginning of Mick T. fooling around with Ronnie and with his arm around Jaggers daughter were great to see, seems hes really enjoying himself at the moment.

That's hysterical, it got all the way to NZ so quickly. Did you pay for faster shipping.

I live in Canada and I won't get it 'til next week, mind you I opted for the free shipping.

Posted by: erad ()
Date: November 14, 2013 06:13

treaclefingers
erad

That's hysterical, it got all the way to NZ so quickly. Did you pay for faster shipping.

I live in Canada and I won't get it 'til next week, mind you I opted for the free shipping.
Nope didn't pay any extra, it did say that it was going to arrive on the 18th or 19th, wasn't expecting it today.

Posted by: gipsy12 ()
Date: November 14, 2013 08:20

Got an e mail today with a 20 % Bonus from jpc.de and ordered yet the LP/DVD Set smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-11-14 08:21 by gipsy12.

Date: November 14, 2013 09:19

erad
treaclefingers
erad

Nope didn't pay any extra, it did say that it was going to arrive on the 18th or 19th, wasn't expecting it today.

Mine's expected the 19th as well...oh well, in a couple of weeks it'll all be forgotten when we got it.

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: November 14, 2013 10:31

Got my UK deluxe book set yesterday. In case you didn't already know, it's a 12" sized hardback book with black & white and colour photos from both the 1969 and 2013 Hyde Park shows. The disks are slotted in on the inside back cover. Nice package. Haven't watched the show yet.

Posted by: rebelrebel ()
Date: November 14, 2013 11:00

straycatuk
Has anyone noticed that the film has a different Rambler to the audio release ?............I'm positive !

sc uk

Yeah, definitely. The download was from the 6th by general agreement so the DVD must be the 13th. I think it's better actually, more bluesy.

Posted by: djgab ()
Date: November 14, 2013 11:49

" it is a great set in high quality cardboard"

I agree ! the pictures are great
Charlie's smile worths it !

"and there are northing wrong with the vinyl, which is dead quiet and sounds great."
I listened again to the LP. Sounds is great, full of bass. But sometimes the mix is quite "muddy", different instruments are not very clear.
The side "Midnight Rambler" and "Gimme Shelter" is great !

Posted by: Godxofxrock9 ()
Date: November 14, 2013 15:02

i watched the whole thing last night i though it was great setting was very nice the audio and video were great mick taylor was great and say what you want about ronnie that solo he had on can't always had to be one of the best. and hide you love on that credits was genius

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-11-14 15:04 by Godxofxrock9.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: November 14, 2013 17:51

IrelandCalling4
I would love to have all the tracks of course, 'Tunbling Dice' being on the Japanese version, but as it's a toss up between having 'Emotional Rescue' (on the Euro version) or 'Dice', I'd have gone for 'Emotional Rescue' anyway - it's a pretty grooving version!

But the Japanese version has Emotional Rescue and Dice.
Along with Paint It Black and Before They Make Me Run.

Posted by: IrelandCalling4 ()
Date: November 14, 2013 18:18

with sssoul
IrelandCalling4
I would love to have all the tracks of course, 'Tunbling Dice' being on the Japanese version, but as it's a toss up between having 'Emotional Rescue' (on the Euro version) or 'Dice', I'd have gone for 'Emotional Rescue' anyway - it's a pretty grooving version!

Shucks!^ I definitely thought the Japanese release only had 3 bonus tracks also, and left out 'Rescue'

Oh well, I'm sure 'Dice' will turn up on YouTube; I like the version on the Live album

Posted by: jane tarzan ()
Date: November 14, 2013 18:40

Have you noticed Mick Jagger's amazing remote controlled black shirt? It's stuck in his trousers and the next moment it's hanging free! Amazing!
You can see his wireless in-ear-monitor receiver and then suddenly it's under his shirt. A miracle!

Date: November 14, 2013 18:49

IrelandCalling4
with sssoul
IrelandCalling4

Shucks!^ I definitely thought the Japanese release only had 3 bonus tracks also, and left out 'Rescue'

Oh well, I'm sure 'Dice' will turn up on YouTube; I like the version on the Live album

I'll save the extra $150 I'd have to pay for the Japanese version, just to get Tumbling Dice.

Love the toon but I wouldn't pay that much extra to hear it live.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4041424344454647484950...LastNext
Current Page: 45 of 56

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1686
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home