Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3839404142434445464748...LastNext
Current Page: 43 of 56
Re: Sweet Summer Sun - Hyde Park Live : DVD & BluRay due Nov. 11
Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: November 11, 2013 03:46

Home to find my US deluxe package is in the mail and would have arrived tomorrow except it's Veterans Day, so it should be here Tuesday, also the vinyl is on its way from Canada. hot smiley

Posted by: erad ()
Date: November 11, 2013 04:44

My vinyl has also been shipped from Canada!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 11, 2013 05:49

Well I don't want to get all grumpy here but I'm FROM CANADA, quite sure that I alerted you all on the good deal on the vinyl edition on Amazon.ca and ordered it BEFORE you all and mine still hasn't shipped!

Waddup widdat!?!?

Date: November 11, 2013 07:14

Amazon hates you. It's the only explanation.

(But seriously folks, I would imagine they mail the international ones first so that they all arrive together pretty much on release day. You should get an email soon.)

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: November 11, 2013 11:55

with sssoul

The Hot Stuff section is only for things that aren't available as official releases.

Yes. But there are many things, that are not official releases at the Moment.

But I'm sure they will be official someday, e.g. the DVD-Pro-Shots from the concerts or the Outtakes from the Studio (for a Anthology).

I'm also sure, that the Stones (or the Music Industry) have still the Copyright for these things.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: November 11, 2013 13:07

Peace, Irix - I was just saying what the difference is, not looking for an argument.

Date: November 11, 2013 13:25

with sssoul

Peace, Irix

Yes. smileys with beer

But somebody has had started a discussion about Copyright .....

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: November 11, 2013 16:00

Just finishing work and off to get my copy, hopefully from HMV and hopefully they will have a good selection.

I know i should do what Gazza is going to do and wait a few weeks when the prices normaly come down, but cant wait that long.

Anybody else been to thier local HMV store in the UK?

Any good?

Posted by: Godxofxrock9 ()
Date: November 11, 2013 16:28

Gonna go buy it as bestbuy later i'm in the us i don't why i didint pre order but whatever

Posted by: IrelandCalling4 ()
Date: November 11, 2013 16:30

In Ireland it was released last Friday; and I've been viewing it over the weekend

It was nice strolling into Tower Records on Friday morn before work, stopped off for a cappucino, ventured into Tower, and there was a fine display with the LP Box Set, the CD & DVD combo, but not the cheapest option and the only one I really wanted - the almost old-fashioned stand alone DVD^ I went back after lunch and they had that one in though

It's very good, in places excellent! 'Gimme Shelter' and 'Street Fighting Man' in particular are storming versions; 'Rambler' was okay - honestly not the best version, competent I'd say, not a patch on Paris 1976 (comparison as I was viewing Paris over weekend). Some of the evergreens like 'Honky Tonk Women' are great too, 'JJF' and 'Satisfaction' as rip-roaring as they ever were

Of the bonus, I loved 'Before they Make Me Run' - great riffing, great energy, a fine version.

I miss 'Tumbling Dice' I must say, it's not on the Euro version, but I wonder does it sound better than the awful version from the ABB tour (when one could barely even hear the main riff, instead Keith and Ronnie noodling during the verses and the riff seemingly nowhere! I love the riff, and prefer versions with that riff!). Anyone who has the Japanese version, how is 'Dice'? (it would be 4 bonus DVD tracks so on the JP release?)

Overall am delighted with 'Sweet Summer Sun' - sometimes a little too much adding in the audience 'grooving', though other DVD's from other acts do this much worse and take it to extremes.

The band sound good, the song choice predictable but I still loved it; it would have been even better if they brought Taylor on for more! How can Mick Taylor be backstage besides his 'Rambler' bit when they're playing 'Gimme Shelter', 'You can't always get what you want'..etc?

Date: November 11, 2013 16:43

Aquamarine

(But seriously folks, I would imagine they mail the international ones first so that they all arrive together pretty much on release day. You should get an email soon.)

I can live with that as an explanation.

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: November 11, 2013 17:00

Been waiting in for delivery today. Had to nip out for 10 mins , get home and a post office card through the door.............GRRRRR.

sc uk

Posted by: IrelandCalling4 ()
Date: November 11, 2013 17:18

straycatuk
Been waiting in for delivery today. Had to nip out for 10 mins , get home and a post office card through the door.............GRRRRR.

sc uk

Typical!^ Same thing would happen here; Sod's Law

A month ago I'd waited on delivery for DVD's from Amazon, was very excited thinking they'd arrive on that particular day; postman put them into wrong mailbox, stuffed them in to the point of breaking...and it then turns out the occupants were on f****n holidays for 2 weeks!!

I was livid, contemplated trying to retrieve the DVD's myself from their postbox as the edge was sticking out but they could not be prized out without the risk of damaging them; the thought of them being there, for 2 bloody weeks, was getting to me! Eventually I had the landlady get them; took 4 days

Have been getting mail for 3 1/2 years at this address, never before a letter put into one of my fellow apartment dwellers' boxes by mistake..except of course the one time I really wanted these DVD's, and not only in the wrong box but the ONE person who was gone away for weeks.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-11-11 17:21 by IrelandCalling4.

Date: November 11, 2013 17:44

treaclefingers
Aquamarine

I can live with that as an explanation.

just checked amazon.ca...they've delayed it by another day, Nov. 19 now. GRRR!

BTW, I don't know how accurate this is, but this is in the product description for the LP version:

DVD Audio (Nov. 11 2013)
Please Note: This is a DVD-Audio disc which is playable on most DVD players as well as all DVD-Audio players.

So, it's not even the DVD of the show but a DVD audio disc. That's kind of cool I suppose (if true), as I'm getting the actual DVD/Blu Ray in the box set.

Anyone else know if that is true?

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: November 11, 2013 19:03

Odd !

I just checked Amazon.it and I can see "Consegna prevista: giovedì 14 nov. 2013 - lunedì 18 nov. 2013 entro le ore 19:00" - which means I suppose it will be shipping between the 14th and the 18th...no real hurry but I wonder what the reason is for the delay. Amazon.fr have it shipping tomorrow at €33.47 vs the €30.62 I'm locked in at Amazon.it.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: BGC ()
Date: November 11, 2013 19:45

Just received my Super Deluxe box set from Amazon US, and was pleasantly surprised to see "Emotional Rescue" as a bonus on the Blu-ray. Can't wait to get home to watch it.

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: November 11, 2013 19:53

gotdablouse
Odd !

I just checked Amazon.it and I can see "Consegna prevista: giovedì 14 nov. 2013 - lunedì 18 nov. 2013 entro le ore 19:00" - which means I suppose it will be shipping between the 14th and the 18th...no real hurry but I wonder what the reason is for the delay. Amazon.fr have it shipping tomorrow at €33.47 vs the €30.62 I'm locked in at Amazon.it.

"Consegna prevista" actually means "scheduled delivery", not "scheduled shipping".

Date: November 11, 2013 19:58

BGC
Just received my Super Deluxe box set from Amazon US, and was pleasantly surprised to see "Emotional Rescue" as a bonus on the Blu-ray. Can't wait to get home to watch it.

Let us know if your boxset contains the '69 show...happy viewing!

Date: November 11, 2013 20:01

Yep. It contains a DVD, 2 CDs and Blu-ray of the 2013 concert, and a DVD of the '69 show.

Date: November 11, 2013 20:10

BGC
Yep. It contains a DVD, 2 CDs and Blu-ray of the 2013 concert, and a DVD of the '69 show.

Thanks for that. So, we have 3 different deluxe sets.

The Japanese, that includes the vinyl and Tumbling Dice and the CD with Happy.
The US, that includes none of the Japanese extras, but the 69 show on DVD
The Euro version, that is the basic bare bones deluxe version which are the DVD/Blu Ray and 2 cd's within the small book.

The other versions are Blu Ray and DVD standalones, Blu Ray CD combo, DVD/CD Combo and LP/DVD combo (and we're not sure yet if that DVD will just be DVD audio, or the actual video of the show).

There's also of course the DVD/T Shirt combo.

Date: November 11, 2013 20:30

BGC

I assume you live somewhere where it's not Veterans Day (= no mail) today?

I'm getting all antsy now.

Date: November 11, 2013 20:33

Aquamarine
BGC

No, I'm in the US. UPS is still delivering today.

Date: November 11, 2013 20:45

treaclefingers

BTW, I don't know how accurate this is, but this is in the product description for the LP version:
DVD Audio (Nov. 11 2013) Please Note: This is a DVD-Audio disc which is playable on most DVD players as well as all DVD-Audio players.

I've seen that some days ago - it's still the strange description as it was to see 4 weeks ago: [www.iorr.org]

At JPC Germany there is a 4-DVD-Version listed, unfortunately without Tracklist.

I think we have to wait until the Shops have updated the descriptions.

Date: November 11, 2013 21:04

Got the LP/DVD set in the mail today.

The sound mix on the LP is the same level-wise as the iTunes release. It sounds really great.

The DVD had a bit uneven sound, imo.

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: November 11, 2013 21:10

BGC
So finally 69 show got an official release in the US. Congratulations.

Date: November 11, 2013 21:17

Well, if it's just the Stones in the Park DVD, that was already official in the sense that it was a legally available DVD of a TV show. I'm assuming that what's in the deluxe package is that and not the whole '69 show, as seems borne out by the track listings which are incomplete and in the same order that the songs appear in Stones in the Park.

PS to BGC--UPS!! Of course, I forgot Amazon uses UPS!! I'm going to be even more antsy if mine isn't there when I get home now!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-11-11 21:18 by Aquamarine.

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: November 11, 2013 21:25

Aquamarine

PS to BGC--UPS!! Of course, I forgot Amazon uses UPS!! I'm going to be even more antsy if mine isn't there when I get home now!

Amazon decided to send mine via FedEx for some reason and I just checked the tracking info and (unlike UPS) they didn't leave it at my door but left a "recipient not home" notice. UPS always just leaves it. Damn.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-11-11 21:25 by bleedingman.

Posted by: ab ()
Date: November 11, 2013 21:56

BGC
Aquamarine
BGC

No, I'm in the US. UPS is still delivering today.

Amazon USA shipped mine via Lasership on Saturday. It arrived about an hour ago, along with a bunch of other goodies (Beatles, Who, Ry Cooder, Slim Dunlap benefit set, etc.).

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: November 11, 2013 22:51

Hmm in Birmingham only had the basic blue ray & normal dvd, very disappointed considering we are supposed to be the second city in the UK.

Posted by: Ross ()
Date: November 11, 2013 23:25

BGC
Thanks BGC! Please confirm the quality and contents of the '69 disc when you get a chance. Very curious about the sound quality and if it is the complete show. The track listing on Amazon was suspect.

Enjoy!

Ross

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3839404142434445464748...LastNext
Current Page: 43 of 56

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1642
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home