Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3940414243444546474849...LastNext
Current Page: 44 of 58
Re: 'Sticky Fingers' rereleased - 8/9 June
Posted by: TravelinMan ()
Date: May 27, 2015 03:44

TeddyB1018
Deltics
Dead Flowers

This does sound like the live 1970 versions they were doing. Interesting that it seems Nicky and Keith's lead guitar were added to the final version. This is great. The final version is greater.

I thought Stu played on Dead Flowers. I made mention that Taylor's licks sound more like the live versions.

Posted by: TravelinMan ()
Date: May 27, 2015 03:47

So who plays the solo on the Clapton Brown Sugar? It sounds like the early Taylor solos, but a different guitar. Or did Clapton play off of that?

Posted by: filstan ()
Date: May 27, 2015 18:25

Just recieved this from Amazon re the SF Super Deluxe. I didn't read back on this thread , but was wondering when this WILL be released?

"The release of item(s) in the order below has been canceled by the label and we have canceled your pre-order. You won't be charged for items that are canceled.*

Title: Sticky Fingers (Super Deluxe)
Artist: The Rolling Stones

We are unable to provide a new estimated release date at this time. We will continue pursuing this album and hope to be able to offer it to customers in the future. We apologize for any inconvenience."

Posted by: alieb ()
Date: May 27, 2015 18:35

filstan
Just recieved this from Amazon re the SF Super Deluxe. I didn't read back on this thread , but was wondering when this WILL be released?

"The release of item(s) in the order below has been canceled by the label and we have canceled your pre-order. You won't be charged for items that are canceled.*

Title: Sticky Fingers (Super Deluxe)
Artist: The Rolling Stones

We are unable to provide a new estimated release date at this time. We will continue pursuing this album and hope to be able to offer it to customers in the future. We apologize for any inconvenience."

They are really not doing very well at keeping to their dates this time are they... tongue sticking out smiley

It's still displayed on their website as that date though???

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-27 18:36 by alieb.

Will Sticky Fingers re-issue sell well?
Posted by: James Kirk ()
Date: May 29, 2015 17:41

Any thoughts on how Sticky Fingers will sell? I noticed it's almost in the top ten on Amazon. If memory serves Exile debuted fairly high on the charts and sold a reasonable amount of cd's in an era where nobody buys cd's.

Just wondering where people think the album will debut on the charts and how much it will sell.

Re: Will Sticky Fingers re-issue sell well?
Posted by: Tate ()
Date: May 29, 2015 18:12

Stones fans span many generations and many personality types! It is rare to find folks who don't love at least some Stones music, and this is golden era Stones.. It will sell as well as could be expected. And for the rest of us, there is the live material to be excited about.

Re: Will Sticky Fingers re-issue sell well?
Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: May 29, 2015 18:26

Will it sell better than Exile? I reckon it just might seeing that the band is currently on tour promoting it in a big way.

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: May 29, 2015 19:02

BPI certified the Exile re-release as selling over 300,000 units since 2012. should be easy to compare with Sticky. That is for UK only of course.

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: May 29, 2015 19:55

Turner68
BPI certified the Exile re-release as selling over 300,000 units since 2012. should be easy to compare with Sticky. That is for UK only of course.

That UK certification is for sales since 1994, the 2010 re-issue has sold around 150k in the UK, 300k in the US and over 1 million worldwide.
Some Girls has sold 30k in the UK, around 150k in the US and 400-500k worldwide.

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: May 30, 2015 02:23

Japan will have a special release on SHM-CD of the super deluxe edition : [www.cdjapan.co.jp]

Posted by: James Kirk ()
Date: May 30, 2015 04:35

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the Exile re-issue hit #1 in the UK?

Posted by: terry ()
Date: May 30, 2015 12:58

yes exile did hit No1 in England, that was a nice moment

Sticky Fingers Deluxe and Super deluxe review
Date: June 2, 2015 12:30

Hi, I've reviewed the set including Get Your Leeds Lungs Out for The Arts Desk - the live tracks and embryonic Knocking are the best of the extras. It went up this morning - here's the link:

[www.theartsdesk.com]

Re: Sticky Fingers Deluxe and Super deluxe review
Posted by: LieB ()
Date: June 2, 2015 12:51

Thanks for the review! Many good points raised there.
I don't agree that Love In Vain from Roundhouse is leagues ahead of the Ya-Ya's version, but it's indeed a great version, IMHO second best after Ya-Ya's.

Posted by: mitch ()
Date: June 2, 2015 13:06

MadMetaphoricalMax
Where are the instrumentals, “Aladdin Story”, “Potted Shrimp” and “Prefab”? Couldn’t “I’m Going Down”, which only appears on early Seventies outtakes grab-bag, Metamorphosis, not have been resurrected here?

“Aladdin Story” has been released on the Exile Deluxe.
“I’m Going Down”, “Potted Shrimp” and “Prefab” would probably more fit on a hopefully future "Let It Bleed" Deluxe as they belong to Abkco catalogue. (beside Hillside Blues, Red House, etc...)

Date: June 2, 2015 13:09

Thanks Mitch - you're right, I forgot about the Exile deluxe Aladdin...

Date: June 2, 2015 13:14

A bit OT, but I'd I am launching a poetry book from a small indie Australian press tonight at the London review Bookshop in Bloosmbury London - free entry and free wine while it lasts - and one of the poems is dedicated to the Stones, in particular, the Stones' fade-outs - some of the best in the business (eg Stray Cat Blues, where they go into a different rhythm right at the end... It is called 'Sound of a Room' and here it is. Maybe Stones fans will enjoy it...

Sound of a Room

The best fade outs were the Stones,
heads down and meet you at the end
when fade outs mattered, plattered,
the tongue in its groove and what
it felt like wasn’t all-out congress
and chemical analysis on a private jet
but nights in the studio, the gaps
between days and the sound
of a room, Keith’s guitar keening
over the right stroke and long pull,
teasing it out of its socket
like a loose tooth, striking
the strings as if they held truth,
and a tune incoming, probing itself
in the swing between bass and drums,
the diminishing chords,
Charlie’s home run that hits centre
without losing its edge.

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: June 2, 2015 14:26

I quite like that poem!

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: June 2, 2015 15:48

MadMetaphoricalMax
Hi, I've reviewed the set including Get Your Leeds Lungs Out for The Arts Desk - the live tracks and embryonic Knocking are the best of the extras. It went up this morning - here's the link:

[www.theartsdesk.com]

"There are two versions of “Midnight Rambler" to chew on – the 13-minute Leeds account is the best, though the five Roundhouse tracks have a sharper sound"

I prefer the Roundhouse Rambler, one of the best ever, if not the best.

Date: June 2, 2015 15:49

kleermaker
MadMetaphoricalMax

[www.theartsdesk.com]

"There are two versions of “Midnight Rambler" to chew on – the 13-minute Leeds account is the best, though the five Roundhouse tracks have a sharper sound"

I prefer the Roundhouse Rambler, one of the best ever, if not the best.

thumbs up

Re: 'Sticky Fingers' rereleased - 25 May
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: June 2, 2015 18:31

Irix

Charmed I'm sure! Especially since Keith's not wearing any underwear :E

Re: 'Sticky Fingers' rereleased - 25 May
Date: June 3, 2015 04:14

Brown Sugar - Alternate is now available as CD quality digital download : [www.qobuz.com]

Remastering Sticky Fingers Deluxe
Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: June 3, 2015 01:39

What I always wondered since the announcement of the SF Deluxe release:
Why the album became remastered for the release again?
The last time it was remastered was 2009, so what's the reason for a new remaster?
Mick said in an interview that he was even with the mastering-engineer in the studio. Do you think the sound will be really that much better? I doubt it.
I like the 2009 Remasters very much and prefer them mostly to the previous CDs. Just for Exile I prefer the 1994 to the 2011-edition.

Re: Remastering Sticky Fingers Deluxe
Date: June 3, 2015 01:51

It wasn't remastered for the Deluxe edition. It's the same 2009 remaster.

Posted by: Blueranger ()
Date: June 3, 2015 02:11

The ultimate cd version of Sticky Fingers, are the 'flat' transfer made for Japan in 2011 and re-released for cheap money last year.

Otherwise, the 1994 Virgin are fine.

The only reason to get the new Sticky Fingers, is because of the superb bonus materials.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 3, 2015 02:13

The only reason to get the new Sticky Fingers, is because of the superb bonus materials.

and the Charlie cut-out -- which'll look cute beside ya bed

ROCKMAN

Posted by: HearMeKnockin ()
Date: June 3, 2015 02:16

Rockman

Actually, it'd be a little creepy to see Charlie standing over my bed every morning when I wake up...

Date: June 3, 2015 02:18

HearMeKnockin
Rockman

Actually, it'd be a little creepy to see Charlie standing over my bed every morning when I wake up...

Ugh... Couldn't he at least put some pants on?

Date: June 3, 2015 22:42

I got the album today :-)
Already released, surprisingly.

Hearing 'Dead Flowers' made me wonder if the track is recorded the same place and time as the alternate take of 'All Down The Line'? It has very much the same ambience and sound.

Date: June 4, 2015 00:28

Rockman

There are different cut-outs in each box. You don't know who you're gonna get smiling smiley

I got Charlie, though..

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3940414243444546474849...LastNext
Current Page: 44 of 58

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1717
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home