Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2021222324252627282930...LastNext
Current Page: 25 of 58
Re: Rolling Stones New Album to be Released
Posted by: alimente ()
Date: April 1, 2015 03:58

2120Wolf
I just saw that the Rolling Stones will be realeasing a new album and are touring behind it. The name of the album is called...Sticky Fingers.
Here are the names of the songs in order as they will appear on the album.

Brown Sugar
Sway
Wild Horses
Can't You Hear Me Knocking
You Gotta Move
Bitch
I Got the Blues
Sister Morphine
Dead Flowers
Moonlight Mile

Yes, and it will even have different versions of some songs on a separate disc and some vintage live tracks, too!

Re: 'Sticky Fingers' rereleased - 25 May
Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: April 1, 2015 12:40

Greg
The acoustic WH is underwhelming, to say the least, Mick is just sounding naked without Taylors guitar notes swirling around him. But Roundhouse plus the full Leeds show hopefully in stereo: wow!

That's Keith's notes swirling around Jagger.

Mathijs

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: April 1, 2015 12:42

keefriffhard4life
are we sure the acoustic wild horses is just the backing track with overdubs removed? i seem to recall an acoustic version on a bootleg i have with a slightly different lead vocal

It's the basic Muscle Shoals recording without the instrumental overdubs done in London 1970, but with the as-released new Jagger vocals, done in London 1970.

Mathijs

Re: Rolling Stones New Album to be Released
Posted by: bonddm ()
Date: April 1, 2015 12:50

ohotos
The names of those songs sound so stupid! Probably all some leftover Jagger solo stuff. tongue sticking out smiley
Superheavy and Goddess In The Doorway outtakes!

Date: April 1, 2015 13:01

Mathijs
keefriffhard4life
are we sure the acoustic wild horses is just the backing track with overdubs removed? i seem to recall an acoustic version on a bootleg i have with a slightly different lead vocal

It's the basic Muscle Shoals recording without the instrumental overdubs done in London 1970, but with the as-released new Jagger vocals, done in London 1970.

Mathijs

cool. maybe i'm wrong though but isn't the version on the old 3 bootleg cd MORE STONED THAN YOU'LL EVER BE an actual alternate vocal?

this set here

[www.ebay.com]

Posted by: mitch ()
Date: April 1, 2015 13:03

Mathijs
keefriffhard4life

Mathijs

So, not really an alternate version but a "naked" version we have on Time Trip since more than 20 years.

Posted by: Greg ()
Date: April 1, 2015 13:18

Mathijs
Greg
The acoustic WH is underwhelming, to say the least, Mick is just sounding naked without Taylors guitar notes swirling around him. But Roundhouse plus the full Leeds show hopefully in stereo: wow!

That's Keith's notes swirling around Jagger.

Mathijs

Ah, thx Mathijs, a small revelation at my sweet age.

----------------------------
"Music is the frozen tapioca in the ice chest of history."

"Shit!... No shit, awright!"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-01 13:20 by Greg.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 1, 2015 14:25

mitch
Mathijs
keefriffhard4life

Mathijs

So, not really an alternate version but a "naked" version we have on Time Trip since more than 20 years.

They should have released the entire album "Sticky Fingers - Naked". Unfortunately might have had trouble releasing it with the corresponding new cover.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: April 1, 2015 21:31

Mathijs

Then again, it will shut up the Taylorites for some time -not everything with Mick Taylor was golden!

Mathijs

Yeah I hope the Marquee DVD/Bluray will come with a bonus CD : a soundboard tape of Auckland'73. Two crap shows from the Taylor-ear in one convenient package! grinning smiley

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: April 1, 2015 21:42

dcba
Mathijs

Then again, it will shut up the Taylorites for some time -not everything with Mick Taylor was golden!

Mathijs

Yeah I hope the Marquee DVD/Bluray will come with a bonus CD : a soundboard tape of Auckland'73. Two crap shows from the Taylor-ear in one convenient package! grinning smiley

Gimme any crap Stones show with Taylor!

Date: April 1, 2015 21:50

kleermaker
dcba
Mathijs

Mathijs

Yeah, it doesn't matter how the band sounds, as long as it's Mick Taylor & the Rolling Stones thumbs up

Date: April 1, 2015 21:57

DandelionPowderman
kleermaker
dcba
Mathijs

Mathijs

Yeah, it doesn't matter how the band sounds, as long as it's Mick Taylor & the Rolling Stones thumbs up

I like the way you're coming around here Dandy, but forgive me for noting your tone might be misconstrued as sarcastic.

Date: April 1, 2015 21:58

DandelionPowderman
kleermaker
dcba
Mathijs

Mathijs

There simply are no crap Stones shows with Taylor. It's a contradiction of course.

Posted by: kevinkamphuis ()
Date: April 1, 2015 22:01

Irix
kevinkamphuis

Where can I get the Leeds show in perfect STEREO soundboard?

There was at least a Stereo Soundboard from the new 2012 BBC remaster: [dbboots.com] .

[dbboots.com]

It's the same mono BBC tape. Reprocessed stereo crap. I want to hear a proper stereo mix from the 8-track multitrack! We'll get that on the SF deluxe...

Date: April 1, 2015 22:12

kevinkamphuis
Irix
kevinkamphuis

Where can I get the Leeds show in perfect STEREO soundboard?

There was at least a Stereo Soundboard from the new 2012 BBC remaster: [dbboots.com] .

It's the same mono BBC tape. Reprocessed stereo crap. I want to hear a proper stereo mix from the 8-track multitrack! We'll get that on the SF deluxe...

I wouldn't be surprised if the SF de luxe release would need some remastering/remixing as you did with the Official Brussels. A big success btw: many views and positive comments:

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: April 1, 2015 22:13

kleermaker
dcba
Mathijs

Mathijs

spinning smiley sticking its tongue outhot smiley
Jeroen

Date: April 1, 2015 22:53

treaclefingers
DandelionPowderman
kleermaker
dcba
Mathijs

Mathijs

I like the way you're coming around here Dandy, but forgive me for noting your tone might be misconstrued as sarcastic.

Moi?

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: April 1, 2015 22:55

kleermaker
DandelionPowderman
kleermaker
dcba
Mathijs

Mathijs

There simply are no crap Stones shows with Taylor. It's a contradiction of course.

What is this discussion about not everything was gold.........your right it was not gold it was brilliant

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-02 01:13 by NICOS.

Posted by: dalsh327 ()
Date: April 1, 2015 23:40

The Virgin remaster is better than the 2009 remaster?

Date: April 2, 2015 00:08

DandelionPowderman
treaclefingers
DandelionPowderman
kleermaker
dcba
Mathijs

Mathijs

Moi?

Toi!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-02 00:53 by treaclefingers.

Posted by: thrak ()
Date: April 2, 2015 00:17

I'm rather disappointed with SF deluxes. We all have Leeds boots, Brown Sugar with Eric. I thought it would me more like Exile second disc with more outtakes. There's a lot of songs from that period.
Anyway 2 songs from Marquee on DVD is a joke. They should put more effort into that.
Some people here says WOW 5 songs from Roundhouse. Really ? Are you satisfied with that + JJF from Leeds ? It's another wasted opportunity to show some unpublished songs. They're better or worse but it's something new.
I hope Let It Bleed box would be better than that.

It's like LZ remasters. The outtakes are just different mixes. C'mon. It is not what we have been waiting for years.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-02 00:19 by thrak.

Posted by: Lynd8 ()
Date: April 2, 2015 00:24

Wow - I am truly, 100% disappointed. Outtakes were a must for me and I thought a no-brainer. Also, it's incredibly stupid to only have 2 tracks from Marquee. Total, Total bummer and missed opportunity IMHO

Date: April 2, 2015 00:39

thrak
I'm rather disappointed with SF deluxes. We all have Leeds boots, Brown Sugar with Eric. I thought it would me more like Exile second disc with more outtakes. There's a lot of songs from that period.
Anyway 2 songs from Marquee on DVD is a joke. They should put more effort into that.
Some people here says WOW 5 songs from Roundhouse. Really ? Are you satisfied with that + JJF from Leeds ? It's another wasted opportunity to show some unpublished songs. They're better or worse but it's something new.

It's like LZ remasters. The outtakes are just different mixes. C'mon. It is not what we have been waiting for years.

You forgot Roundhouse, which is a really good show, as opposed to the lame Marquee performance. + We get the complete Leeds show in stereo for the first time.

Marquee will probably come out as a separate dvd release on Eagle later, as Live In Texas did.

Re: 'Sticky Fingers' reissue in December?
Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: April 2, 2015 00:42

stonehearted
If there are SF overdubs for bonus material, it is doubtful that Wyman will be invited this time.

If there had been a band photo on the original album sleeve and they were doing a deluxe remastering and reissue, I'd bet a pound to the penny that Bill would have been airbrushed out of the image.

Well Bill was certainly and important part of the SF promo photos and great inner sleeve photo. Do you really think that they won't include his image on any of the re-release stuff? What about Taylor? He was arguably the best part of a lot of those Sticky Fingers era shots, music and promotion. I am hoping they don't intentionally modify or not include any of the contributions or images of those two outstanding contributors.

peace

Posted by: Stoneburst ()
Date: April 2, 2015 00:45

DandelionPowderman
thrak

You forgot Roundhouse, which is a really good show, as opposed to the lame Marquee performance. + We get the complete Leeds show in stereo for the first time.

Marquee will probably come out as a separate dvd release on Eagle later, as Live In Texas did.

I'm looking forward to hearing Roundhouse for sure, since I'm not that familiar with it. Leeds has never really done much for me except the version of Love In Vain, which is one of my favourites. I know I'm in a minority on that one - perhaps hearing it in better quality will convert me. (FWIW, I'd love to hear a proper release of the Milan show from the previous year sometime, if they've got the tapes. Probably the best Stray Cat Blues I've ever heard, Charlie absolutely smokes on it.)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-02 00:48 by Stoneburst.

Date: April 2, 2015 00:50

I agree on Leeds, Stoneburst. LIV and SCB are really good, though.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: April 2, 2015 00:58

dalsh327
The Virgin remaster is better than the 2009 remaster?

Yes.

Date: April 2, 2015 01:14

DandelionPowderman
I agree on Leeds, Stoneburst. LIV and SCB are really good, though.

The same goes for MR and Dead Flowers and HTW and BS and SFM. And listen to the fine beginning of LQ. I'm just listening to the best version thus far available and it is simply great. I've posted it before, but I advise Stoneburst to have a listen as yet.

As for Marquee: it will appear to be much better than the 'wise guys' have said about it until now. I still recall DP's negative comment on the Glastonbury Knocking audience recording. But it turned out to sound just great on the DVD and he had to admit it. Don't forget that the Marquee audio thus far available is just bad and certainly affects proper judgment.

Listen and enjoy the whole band in very fine form:

Date: April 2, 2015 01:20

You're mixing up Glastonbury with LA, kleerie. And in hindsight it was more of the experience of seeing the Stones making room for Taylor than his actual playing that vowed me. But it was good.

Glasto was a bit too much smooth latino fusion for me. I liked LA better.

Marquee has to be one of the weakest performances by the Stones ever. I Got The Blues is pretty good, though. I'll buy it anyhow, though. Hey, it's my favourite band!

Date: April 2, 2015 01:26

DandelionPowderman
You're mixing up Glastonbury with LA, kleerie. And in hindsight it was more of the experience of seeing the Stones making room for Taylor than his actual playing that vowed me. But it was good.

Glasto was a bit too much smooth latino fusion for me. I liked LA better.

Marquee has to be one of the weakest performances by the Stones ever. I Got The Blues is pretty good, though. I'll buy it anyhow, though. Hey, it's my favourite band!

No I'm not mixing up anything. My memory is as strong as iron, still. Your comment on the audience Glastro Knocking was very negative, but you had to revise your judgement (the criticism wasn't the smooth latino fusion and logically so, because the Glastro Knocking was the straightest Knocking of them all, a zillion times straighter than the LA Knocking).

You'll be surprised IF they treat the Marquee show properly sonically. Then you'll have to revise your opinion again. But that's no shame.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2021222324252627282930...LastNext
Current Page: 25 of 58

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1840
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home