Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2526272829303132333435...LastNext
Current Page: 30 of 58
Re: 'Sticky Fingers' rereleased - 25 May
Posted by: GetYerAngie ()
Date: April 4, 2015 23:48

Hound Dog
I just can't believe no unreleased songs were included. @#$%& Blues you would have thought would have been on here. And a dvd with only two songs is really odd. Don Was comments a few months back in an interview how many great songs there were that needed some dusting off. Hillside Blues, didn't make it on this or the Exile reissue.

I agree. It is a surprising/shocking that cs-blues is not on the this reissue. There is no reason for that - no other than they issue a Let it Bleed-deluxe.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: April 4, 2015 23:53

GetYerAngie
Hound Dog
I just can't believe no unreleased songs were included. @#$%& Blues you would have thought would have been on here. And a dvd with only two songs is really odd. Don Was comments a few months back in an interview how many great songs there were that needed some dusting off. Hillside Blues, didn't make it on this or the Exile reissue.

I agree. It is a surprising/shocking that cs-blues is not on the this reissue. There is no reason for that - no other than they issue a Let it Bleed-deluxe.

It maybe that Universal won't saction its release.
The Stones are still beholden to the record companies, if anything they probably have less leverage now, than in their prime.

Posted by: tat2you ()
Date: April 5, 2015 03:21

It amazing to hear all this bitching
Perhaps they are trying to get younger fans something new
Not a you old geezers

Date: April 5, 2015 03:41

tat2you
Not a you old geezers

i agree. i am actually excited for this. it has some stuff i really wanted on an offical release. of course its also missing some bootleg stuff i have but who cares

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 5, 2015 06:17

keefriffhard4life
tat2you
Not a you old geezers

i agree. i am actually excited for this. it has some stuff i really wanted on an offical release. of course its also missing some bootleg stuff i have but who cares

thumbs up

Sticky Fingers Super Deluxe for £ 10.90 – who are the lucky ones?
Posted by: slewan ()
Date: April 4, 2015 22:42

as mentioned on the Sticky Fingers thread, amazon (UK) had the Super Deluxe edition (five discs) for just £ 10.90 ("or less") – yes, ten pounds, ninety pence.
slewan
amazon UK has the 2CD as well a the 3CD version for 10.99 each. Most likely a mistake that will soon be corrected => order fast with price guarantee !!
(see: [www.iorr.org])

The box was available for some 30 minutes (then they corrected their mistake and raise the price to £ 72.99)

I wonder how many people – beside myself – were able to order the box for that very special price

Re: Sticky Fingers Super Deluxe for £ 10.90 – who are the lucky ones?
Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: April 4, 2015 23:09

Seems to me this "mistake" may be a promotional tool to get people looking at the product. I mean how can a site like Amazon make a mistake for 30 minutes? Not saying it's not possible, just very suspicious...

peace

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: April 4, 2015 23:16

I believe it was a mistake (I wasn't one of the lucky ones, though).
At first they also had the two-disk version listed as a CD+DVD.
The price thing was a bit extreme in this case, but mix-ups over different versions happen a lot on amazon.

Date: April 4, 2015 23:23

Tracle got one, I believe.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: April 4, 2015 23:32

slewan
who are the lucky ones?
[/b]

Not me, unfortunately.

Sometimes there are some products on Amazon mispriced. I remember there was a superdeluxe box-set of The Who's Tommy that was being sold for 19 euros, but later it was priced correctly for 80 euros.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-04 23:34 by Cristiano Radtke.

Date: April 5, 2015 00:48

DandelionPowderman

It's pronounced Treacle, and yes I did.

I didn't even know I'd bought the superdeluxe box. I was trying to buy the regular cd plus bonus disc. Imagine my surprise!

they even removed the VAT so I got it for 9 GBP and change.

Date: April 5, 2015 00:56

treaclefingers
DandelionPowderman

I didn't even know I'd bought the superdeluxe box. I was trying to buy the regular cd plus bonus disc. Imagine my surprise!

It's sticky no matter how I spell it.

congrats anyway thumbs up

Date: April 5, 2015 01:00

DandelionPowderman
treaclefingers
DandelionPowderman

It's sticky no matter how I spell it.

congrats anyway thumbs up

Thanks man.

I recall a similar situation when GRRR! superdeluxe was released, this time on amazon.de. For a couple of days you could get it for 35 Euros or something like that. It then went up to whatever the regular price was, over 100 Euros for sure.

This time it was pure luck...had I known I would have bought two copies...in fact when I found out what I had I went back and tried to buy another but it had already gone up in price.

Greedy treacle!

Posted by: carlosrr ()
Date: April 5, 2015 11:33

"Why are there only 2 songs on the DVD?
Do they plan on releasing the whole show as a separate purchase?"

Well, unofficially, it has been out there for more than a few years, or so a pelican bearing gifts "informed" me, much to my delight. smiling smiley

"Support International Tourism,
Visit Matamoros, Mexico"

Date: April 5, 2015 12:34

carlosrr
"Why are there only 2 songs on the DVD?
Do they plan on releasing the whole show as a separate purchase?"

Well, unofficially, it has been out there for more than a few years, or so a pelican bearing gifts "informed" me, much to my delight. smiling smiley

Why were there only four songs on the SG Deluxe DVD? winking smiley

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: April 5, 2015 14:53

slewan
I got that one too. Like 16 with S&H. Now I wonder what will be in the parcel?

Date: April 5, 2015 16:29

ironbelly
slewan

click on the link in the confirmation email you got from amazon…

Date: April 5, 2015 16:35

Naturalust
Seems to me this "mistake" may be a promotional tool to get people looking at the product. I mean how can a site like Amazon make a mistake for 30 minutes? Not saying it's not possible, just very suspicious...

peace

rather unlikely – reducing the price by 85% for half an hour without promoting it as a special offer makes no sense, does it? Thus it must have been a simple mistake (like "Sticky Fingers remastered? Well, let's set the price at 10,90" and then they put that price on everything that was filed under "Sticky Fingers" remastered. After a while they realized that there were different version and thus the changed the prices. (Maybe a some unusual orders help them to realizes their mistake (who usually orders three, four or even more copies of the same CD?))

Posted by: bonddm ()
Date: April 5, 2015 16:47

slewan
as mentioned on the Sticky Fingers thread, amazon (UK) had the Super Deluxe edition (five discs) for just £ 10.90 ("or less") – yes, ten pounds, ninety pence.
slewan
amazon UK has the 2CD as well a the 3CD version for 10.99 each. Most likely a mistake that will soon be corrected => order fast with price guarantee !!

The box was available for some 30 minutes (then they corrected their mistake and raise the price to £ 72.99)

I wonder how many people – beside myself – were able to order the box for that very special price
I got it at that price!

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: April 5, 2015 17:18

slewan
ironbelly
slewan

click on the link in the confirmation email you got from amazon…
It is Superdeluxe in confirmation email. But the price is very different now.

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: April 5, 2015 17:38

bonddm
slewan
slewan

I got it!

Wow, that's fast! Tell us all about it! How's the Leeds show sounding (is it in stereo indeed? ), and the four Roundhouse songs? Man, if you knew how curious many here are!

Date: April 5, 2015 18:20

kleermaker
bonddm
slewan
slewan

I got it!

Wow, that's fast! Tell us all about it! How's the Leeds show sounding (is it in stereo indeed? ), and the four Roundhouse songs? Man, if you knew how curious many here are!

He got the bargain price, not the release, as it isn't released yet.

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: April 5, 2015 18:48

DandelionPowderman
kleermaker
bonddm
slewan
slewan

I got it!

He got the bargain price, not the release, as it isn't released yet.

Just irony Dandy. It's the only apt weapon us taylorites is being left. sad smiley

Date: April 5, 2015 19:20

Yeah, CYHMK, WH and DF alternate takes, the Complete Leeds show, 5 tracks from the Roundhouse show. Marquee on the way. It's rough times for the Taylorites...

BTW, will the alternate DF be the same as the one featured on Live In Leeds (Sister Morphine)? If so, it's pretty cool. I wonder if CYHMK has a different solo as well...

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: April 5, 2015 21:05

bonddm
slewan
slewan

I got it at that price!

Yeah, me too, thanks for that. Made me feel a lot better about that release after being disappointed at the lack of unreleased material.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: April 5, 2015 23:33

DandelionPowderman
Yeah, CYHMK, WH and DF alternate takes, the Complete Leeds show, 5 tracks from the Roundhouse show. Marquee on the way. It's rough times for the Taylorites...

BTW, will the alternate DF be the same as the one featured on Live In Leeds (Sister Morphine)? If so, it's pretty cool. I wonder if CYHMK has a different solo as well...

I just got tingly

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: April 5, 2015 23:36

DandelionPowderman

The running time of the alternate CYHMK is 3:32, so IMO, it's the studio version without the jam, just like the Wild Horses version without the electric guitar and backing vocals.

Date: April 5, 2015 23:43

georgelicks
DandelionPowderman

The running time of the alternate CYHMK is 3:32, so IMO, it's the studio version without the jam, just like the Wild Horses version without the electric guitar and backing vocals.

That would be pointless confused smiley

Posted by: Hound Dog ()
Date: April 6, 2015 04:14

Zeppelin recently did this, just wiped out some of the extra overdubs and called in an early or alternate version. Pretty pointless indeed.

Posted by: palerider22 ()
Date: April 6, 2015 05:13

Sigh...40 years later and they're. Still wiping Taylor tracks...

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2526272829303132333435...LastNext
Current Page: 30 of 58

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2540
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home