Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2627282930313233343536...LastNext
Current Page: 31 of 58
Re: 'Sticky Fingers' rereleased - 25 May
Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: April 6, 2015 07:08

palerider22
Sigh...40 years later and they're. Still wiping Taylor tracks...
now this is the post of the year.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: April 6, 2015 12:44

Hound Dog
Zeppelin recently did this, just wiped out some of the extra overdubs and called in an early or alternate version. Pretty pointless indeed.

well, let's start a workshop and create our own "alternate" versions sad smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-06 12:45 by slewan.

Date: April 6, 2015 14:17

It's not the studio version without the jam, it's a completely different studio take and it's fantastic though it does peter out

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: April 6, 2015 14:31

MadMetaphoricalMax
It's not the studio version without the jam, it's a completely different studio take and it's fantastic though it does peter out

You've heard it?

Date: April 6, 2015 14:32

MadMetaphoricalMax

WH and DF are obviously the same backing tracks. How do you know this about CYHMK?

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 6, 2015 16:07

DandelionPowderman
georgelicks
DandelionPowderman
Yeah, CYHMK, WH and DF alternate takes, the Complete Leeds show, 5 tracks from the Roundhouse show. Marquee on the way. It's rough times for the Taylorites...

BTW, will the alternate DF be the same as the one featured on Live In Leeds (Sister Morphine)? If so, it's pretty cool. I wonder if CYHMK has a different solo as well...

The running time of the alternate CYHMK is 3:32, so IMO, it's the studio version without the jam, just like the Wild Horses version without the electric guitar and backing vocals.

That would be pointless confused smiley

I just got decidedly less tingly.

Posted by: RockDude4492 ()
Date: April 6, 2015 16:08

Hello, new here, long time Stones fan,

I was a lucky one who got the Super Deluxe for 10.99, which is great because I really wanted the Leeds disc. Do people think Amazon UK will honor this price? I talked to a customer service rep who said they would, but you never know, especially because there's some clause where they state they may cancel orders if there is a pricing mistake...

Date: April 6, 2015 16:14

RockDude4492

I was a lucky one who got the Super Deluxe for 10.99, which is great because I really wanted the Leeds disc. Do people think Amazon UK will honor this price? I talked to a customer service rep who said they would, but you never know, especially because there's some clause where they state they may cancel orders if there is a pricing mistake...

I just got decidedly even less tingly...

I think we're ok. Not too many orders could have been released at that price, so it's not as though they've lost astounding amounts of money.

Plus, they probably would have cancelled it already if that were the case.

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: April 6, 2015 16:21

RockDude4492

Well, I wonder that too. Let's hope there will be more people who ordered the box at pre-sale 73GBP than at pre-sale 11GBP.

Just let them do their job and do not bother them with stupid questions.

Date: April 6, 2015 16:44

ironbelly
RockDude4492

Well, I wonder that too. Let's hope there will be more people who ordered the box at pre-sale 73GBP than at pre-sale 11GBP.

In other words, quit reminding them!

Posted by: RockDude4492 ()
Date: April 6, 2015 18:10

ironbelly
RockDude4492

Haha can and will do, I was hesitant to ask, but I was hoping someone would have heard something. Ah well. Hopefully we'll all get the Super Deluxe Box!

Date: April 6, 2015 18:39

treaclefingers
ironbelly
RockDude4492

In other words, quit reminding them!

anyway – my confirmation email says very clearly "10,90 or less"

Posted by: LuxuryStones ()
Date: April 6, 2015 21:31

Can somebody please explain what's new about this SF release?

Date: April 6, 2015 21:44

LuxuryStones
Can somebody please explain what's new about this SF release?

Complete Leeds in stereo, 5 tracks from the Roundhouse show, DVD with two Marquee tracks, CYHMK and DF alternate takes. An embryonic version of WH.

Or was your question ironic? winking smiley

Posted by: LuxuryStones ()
Date: April 6, 2015 21:49

No, I really didn't know.Thanks.

Posted by: mitch ()
Date: April 6, 2015 22:33

GetYerAngie
Hound Dog
I just can't believe no unreleased songs were included. @#$%& Blues you would have thought would have been on here. And a dvd with only two songs is really odd. Don Was comments a few months back in an interview how many great songs there were that needed some dusting off. Hillside Blues, didn't make it on this or the Exile reissue.

I agree. It is a surprising/shocking that cs-blues is not on the this reissue. There is no reason for that - no other than they issue a Let it Bleed-deluxe.

No reason? Have you heard the lyrics? I don't think this track being released one day.
It belongs to Abkco anyway (parting gift).

Date: April 6, 2015 23:10

mitch
GetYerAngie
Hound Dog
I just can't believe no unreleased songs were included. @#$%& Blues you would have thought would have been on here. And a dvd with only two songs is really odd. Don Was comments a few months back in an interview how many great songs there were that needed some dusting off. Hillside Blues, didn't make it on this or the Exile reissue.

I agree. It is a surprising/shocking that cs-blues is not on the this reissue. There is no reason for that - no other than they issue a Let it Bleed-deluxe.

No reason? Have you heard the lyrics? I don't think this track being released one day.

ALL SF songs are ABCKO, albeit licensed to RS Records.

Posted by: achilles77 ()
Date: April 9, 2015 16:56

"Why are there only 2 songs on the DVD?
Do they plan on releasing the whole show as a separate purchase?"

Yes smiling smiley

[www.iorr.org]

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: April 9, 2015 21:08

[www.rollingstones.com]

Sticky Fingers Rerelease: Out 8/9 June

Universal Music announced today a slight delay in the re -release of the Rolling Stones Sticky Fingers album, as some of the formats contain a hand-made zip which is taking a bit longer to manufacture.

In order to make sure that all formats are ready to release at the same time, the new release will be 8th June, and for those in North America 9th June.

Hey that's my £10.99 Super Deluxe boxset they are talking about, glad to hear they're doing their best to get it right ;-)

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-09 21:09 by gotdablouse.

Date: April 9, 2015 21:12

gotdablouse
[www.rollingstones.com]

Universal Music announced today a slight delay in the re -release of the Rolling Stones Sticky Fingers album, as some of the formats contain a hand-made zip which is taking a bit longer to manufacture.

In order to make sure that all formats are ready to release at the same time, the new release will be 8th June, and for those in North America 9th June.

Hey that's my £10.99 Super Deluxe boxset they are talking about, glad to hear they're doing their best to get it right ;-)

They've stopped the presses and started taking stuff out of the superdeluxe boxes to give us the actual value of what we've paid for.

We'll get the box alright, but inside will only be the CD, and a scarf left over from the Ladies and Gentlemen superdeluxe box.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: April 9, 2015 22:06

Wasn't it a T-shirt ? I have yet to open that box actually, hehe...but yes I guess our £10.99 orders are going to cause them to post a loss in light of current album sales so they are rethinking the whole thing ;-)

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: April 9, 2015 22:28

treaclefingers
gotdablouse
[www.rollingstones.com]

They've stopped the presses and started taking stuff out of the superdeluxe boxes to give us the actual value of what we've paid for.

We'll get the box alright, but inside will only be the CD, and a scarf left over from the Ladies and Gentlemen superdeluxe box.

stupid idiot – being unable to get stuff two month after public announcement. Maybe there were much more pre-orders than they expected? But on the other hand: Apple is able to get their new products relatively short after the made announcements

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: April 9, 2015 22:45

slewan

But on the other hand: Apple is able to get their new products relatively short after the made announcements

It seems Apple makes the announcements first when their new products have been manufactured ....

Posted by: GetYerAngie ()
Date: April 10, 2015 00:12

mitch
GetYerAngie
Hound Dog

Yeah, Mitch, I have heard the lyrics - which of course may have caused some raised eyebrows at Decca back then. But there must be new CEOs now, don't you think?

Date: April 10, 2015 00:57

GetYerAngie
mitch
GetYerAngie
Hound Dog

Yeah, Mitch, I have heard the lyrics - which of course may have caused some raised eyebrows at Decca back then. But there must be new CEOs now, don't you think?

Meet the new boss...

"A Slight Delay"
Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: April 9, 2015 20:47

Re: "A Slight Delay"
Posted by: Nate ()
Date: April 9, 2015 21:05

All good things come to those who wait.

Nate

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: April 9, 2015 21:11

..and Travellin Man, Hillside Blues...?

Posted by: bv ()
Date: April 9, 2015 21:12

Bjornulf

Date: April 9, 2015 21:16

We're sorry for the delay, is everybody ready? Are we ready?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2627282930313233343536...LastNext
Current Page: 31 of 58

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2009
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home