Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3132333435363738394041...LastNext
Current Page: 36 of 58
Re: FINALLY!! REALLY "Sticky Fingers" Being Released (TREACLE FINGERS)
Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: April 27, 2015 16:32

treaclefingers
I still appreciate the homage to me CE. It's long overdue IMHO!

And to treaclefingers - sorry I kinda let the cat out of the bag about you playing at Toronto's Massey Hall. grinning smiley At least I left it for YOU to give the date/time/etc. See ya there!

CE smoking smiley

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: April 27, 2015 16:36

Cocaine Eyes
treaclefingers

And to treaclefingers - sorry I kinda let the cat out of the bag about you playing at Toronto's Massey Hall. grinning smiley At least I left it for YOU to give the date/time/etc. See ya there!

CE smoking smiley

Massey is hallowed ground. Don't screw up...

Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: April 27, 2015 16:40

Munichhilton
Cocaine Eyes
treaclefingers

CE smoking smiley

Indeed, it's hallowed ground. Don't screw up? Not a chance of me screwing that one up. Silence is golden.......and a sure-fire way of never screwing up!

CE smoking smiley

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: April 27, 2015 16:48

Cocaine Eyes
Munichhilton
Cocaine Eyes
treaclefingers

CE smoking smiley

Indeed, it's hallowed ground. Don't screw up? Not a chance of me screwing that one up. Silence is golden.......and a sure-fire way of never screwing up!

CE smoking smiley

No no no no no no...not you...HIM...

Re: 'Sticky Fingers' rereleased - 8/9 June
Posted by: Lien ()
Date: April 27, 2015 22:16

An alternate version of the album's essential fourth track, "Can't You Hear Me Knocking," premiered on BuzzFeed Music this morning, and you can listen to it below. It's messier and punkier than the canonical recording, the one you've heard a thousand times on classic rock radio. The tempo is just a hair or two off (if this were Whiplash, J.K. Simmons would berate Charlie Watts for dragging). But Keith Richards and Mick Taylor still talk to each other on chunky guitars. Taylor picks up the song and runs away with it after a mere three minutes on the album version, but he takes a more relaxed approach here. Mick's voice sounds younger and brattier, maybe even less authoritative, but nonetheless appealing. The song is part of an upcoming Sticky Fingers reissue,

[www.esquire.com]

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: April 27, 2015 22:24

Ok so more like a sketch-out. Nice outro but it doesn't go nowhere.

edit: a bit like Hendrix' Bold as Love outro

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-27 22:27 by Nikkei.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: April 27, 2015 22:52

Lien
An alternate version of the album's essential fourth track, "Can't You Hear Me Knocking," premiered on BuzzFeed Music this morning, and you can listen to it below. It's messier and punkier than the canonical recording, the one you've heard a thousand times on classic rock radio. The tempo is just a hair or two off (if this were Whiplash, J.K. Simmons would berate Charlie Watts for dragging). But Keith Richards and Mick Taylor still talk to each other on chunky guitars. Taylor picks up the song and runs away with it after a mere three minutes on the album version, but he takes a more relaxed approach here. Mick's voice sounds younger and brattier, maybe even less authoritative, but nonetheless appealing. The song is part of an upcoming Sticky Fingers reissue,

[www.esquire.com]

This is great! Thanks for sharing.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: April 27, 2015 23:01

Thanks Lien. Definitely late 60's early 70's Stones, sounds great!!

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: April 27, 2015 23:52

Bedankt Lien, maar helaas kan ik de Knocking video niet krijgen: dat cirkeltje blijft maar in een cirkeltje draaien!

Date: April 27, 2015 23:55

Hey Kleermaker, it didn' work for me as well until i found that other link:

[www.buzzfeed.com]

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: April 28, 2015 00:04

kleermaker
Bedankt Lien, maar helaas kan ik de Knocking video niet krijgen: dat cirkeltje blijft maar in een cirkeltje draaien!

Af en toe werkt de link niet ,heel vreemd

Date: April 28, 2015 01:08

Remarkably low excitement... Hey People, there's an alternative version of Can't You Hear Me Knocking been posted!
I figured you'd all be tripping, since there won't be anything else that exciting on that reissue.

Date: April 28, 2015 01:15

Nikkei
Remarkably low excitement... Hey People, there's an alternative version of Can't You Hear Me Knocking been posted!
I figured you'd all be tripping, since there won't be anything else that exciting on that reissue.

the link doesn't work here

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: April 28, 2015 01:15

Thank you for posting. It starts of as so-so run-through, but the lead-work towards the end is rather enjoyable. It sounds like Keith to my untrained ears. It has that certain raunch.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: April 28, 2015 01:20

Nikkei

It's on page 36 of a fairly tired thread. Deserves a new thread although it probably will end up here again.

Date: April 28, 2015 01:27

Big Al
Thank you for posting. It starts of as so-so run-through, but the lead-work towards the end is rather enjoyable. It sounds like Keith to my untrained ears. It has that certain raunch.

Not interesting at all to me, musically, those 3,5 minutes Knocking. Maybe nice for the Stones scholars and Keith adepts here (right channel), but it has no musical value at all. It's indeed Keith doing the solo here. Thank god they did it totally different on Sticky Fingers.

@Nikkei: thank you!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-28 01:29 by kleermaker.

Date: April 28, 2015 01:42

I recorded it, so now it's up for grabs:
[www.dropbox.com]

Serves them right for their awful embedded flash player smoking smiley

Date: April 28, 2015 01:54

Thanks, Nikkei!

A lovely jam, albeit an embryonic version of what to come. Keith's sound is killer thumbs up

Posted by: DrPete ()
Date: April 28, 2015 01:57

Awesome, I love it. A completely different take and not just the original without the jam section

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: April 28, 2015 01:59

Thank you Lien,link is working.
Great track,I enjoyed listening to.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 28, 2015 02:00

kleermaker
Big Al

Not interesting at all to me, musically, those 3,5 minutes Knocking. Maybe nice for the Stones scholars and Keith adepts here (right channel), but it has no musical value at all. It's indeed Keith doing the solo here. Thank god they did it totally different on Sticky Fingers.

@Nikkei: thank you!

Very interesting if unremarkable...I'll listen to it again a couple of more times, but it doesn't hold a candle to what ended up as the release.

A good example of what can emerge with a bit of song craft.

Date: April 28, 2015 02:01

Well the embryonic state of it puzzles me a bit. If they put out this, why not Travlin' Man and Potted Shrimp?

Date: April 28, 2015 02:08

Nikkei
Well the embryonic state of it puzzles me a bit. If they put out this, why not Travlin' Man and Potted Shrimp?

One can only hope that a fair degree of greed held them for putting out anything 'new' and they're planning on a Tattoo You II set with newer versions of songs finished a la Plundered My Soul.

Date: April 28, 2015 02:25

treaclefingers
Nikkei

One can only hope that a fair degree of greed held them for putting out anything 'new' and they're planning on a Tattoo You II set with newer versions of songs finished a la Plundered My Soul.

I wouldn't hold my breath for that. Do they have any record contract obligations left to fulfill?

Date: April 28, 2015 02:29

Nikkei
treaclefingers
Nikkei

I wouldn't hold my breath for that. Do they have any record contract obligations left to fulfill?

Well you're probably right, but we know there are lots of tracks that exist. They must have some knowledge of them. Why wouldn't they release them.

Either they have other plans, or they could care less. If someone has another alternative for why these aren't released I'd like to hear it.

Date: April 28, 2015 02:45

Mick just doesn't bother anymore. He put lots of work in the Exile-Reissue, but it didn't do as well as he hoped for.
Now he probably realized the people who still go buy these Rereleases do so regardless how hard he worked on them.

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: April 28, 2015 03:39

that's good listening. Funky as hell. Nice raw keith guitar too, those jazzy outro slashes are tasty.

I think the majority of the iorr crowd haven't even realised that this available right now.

Posted by: sundevil ()
Date: April 28, 2015 04:28

yes, funkey indeed. what did that japanese guy say? sticky and tasty.

Posted by: marcovandereijk ()
Date: April 28, 2015 10:20

It's got all I love about outtakes! Those opening riffs gave me goosebumps.

Just as long as the guitar plays, let it steal your heart away

Posted by: smokeydusky ()
Date: April 28, 2015 11:06

Much better than I expected!

Would like to see more reissues cover this sort of ground (such as the version of ADTL as a work in progress).

There could always be a shoulda, woulda, coulda, why-did-they? gripe to be made about outtakes selected, but for this particular track, I'd offer encouragement.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3132333435363738394041...LastNext
Current Page: 36 of 58

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2305
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home