Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2223242526272829303132...LastNext
Current Page: 27 of 58
Re: 'Sticky Fingers' rereleased - 25 May
Date: April 2, 2015 18:03

ChefGuevara
So no Outtakes? Count me out.

DF, Bitch and CYHMK are outtakes.

I'm looking forward to Roundhouse myself. Much more than outtakes with new vocals.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 2, 2015 19:20

DandelionPowderman
ChefGuevara

I'm looking forward to Roundhouse myself. Much more than outtakes with new vocals.

Is this actually the case? New vocals?

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: April 2, 2015 19:43

Who cares about those half baked outtakes?

I want the live shows, all of them, to begin with the 1970 tour, on which they already played a couple of SF songs, which were totally unknown back then. But they didn't worry about the audience, and the audience loved those songs of course, because they are great and were played very well too. People at the shows were real fans back then, not legend tourists who seem to dictate the Stones' agenda now, sad but true.

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: April 2, 2015 20:10

kleermaker
Who cares about those half baked outtakes?

I want the live shows, all of them, to begin with the 1970 tour, on which they already played a couple of SF songs, which were totally unknown back then. But they didn't worry about the audience, and the audience loved those songs of course, because they are great and were played very well too. People at the shows were real fans back then, not legend tourists who seem to dictate the Stones' agenda now, sad but true.

Back then, most artists did that. E.G. The Beatles and the roof-top concert, Bob Dylan at the Isle of Wight, Procol Harum, Moody Blues, etc.

Posted by: Blueranger ()
Date: April 2, 2015 20:17

tatters
Blueranger
whitem8
It is a shame they didn't seem to get someone really good to compile this box set. Yes, the outtakes are a bit slim, but I am anxious to hear the alternate to Can't You Hear Me Knocking!

But they missed the opportunity to release the mono album, and a unknown live show from the Farewell Tour.

What "Mono" album? The mono version out there is a simple fold down of the stereo version. Just like Let It Bleed. Common midunderstanding. What's exciting about a fold?

There's a true mono mix of Sway that was released as the B-side of Wild Horses. They should have at least included that on the alternates/live versions disc.

[www.youtube.com]

True. There are unique mono mixes of Brown Sugar, Bitch, Let It Rock and Sway. All of them appeared on the singles during that period.
However, all mixes on the promotional mono version of Sticky Fingers are folded versions of the stereo. The mono single mixes were not used on the promo copy either, so that should be proof enough also that it's a simple fold.

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: April 2, 2015 20:24

Would have been great if they included a good quality soundboard of Brown Sugar from Altamont.

Posted by: DrPete ()
Date: April 2, 2015 20:34

Is the mono mix Sway available on download or part of a particular bootleg?

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: April 2, 2015 20:39

I'm thrilled to hear an official, complete, sonically superior version of Leeds '71.

You know, LEED STONES: FLAMIN' GROUPIE, a 'Have You Seen Your Mother' - drag picture on the cover, orange vinyl inside, was my first bootleg ever I purchased. And I need to say, it didn't't make me much influence - sounded sonically weak, odd, breathless performance, lacking energy... I guess there are sonically better versions circulating of that famous show, but somehow I have never had too much interest to get them. So I haven't actually listened that show for decades now.

So, like i said, I am all ears to listen it to now. To have a stereo, 'professional' sounding live show from teh days when they actually were.. you know, the greatest rock and rolll band in the world ... is just a gas gas gas (lame expression, I knowgrinning smiley). I hope they will release someday a complete 1969, 1970 and 1972 show as well. Sad that we only get five numbers from Roundhouse, but hey! That's better than nothing!

MARQUEE '71 deserves also a release, if for nothing else, just for a historical curiosity: to have footage from the Stones from those days is something belonging to the cultural heritage of the world or something....

- Doxa

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-02 20:45 by Doxa.

Date: April 2, 2015 23:41

Doxa
I'm thrilled to hear an official, complete, sonically superior version of Leeds '71.

You know, LEED STONES: FLAMIN' GROUPIE, a 'Have You Seen Your Mother' - drag picture on the cover, orange vinyl inside, was my first bootleg ever I purchased. And I need to say, it didn't't make me much influence - sounded sonically weak, odd, breathless performance, lacking energy... I guess there are sonically better versions circulating of that famous show, but somehow I have never had too much interest to get them. So I haven't actually listened that show for decades now.

So, like i said, I am all ears to listen it to now. To have a stereo, 'professional' sounding live show from teh days when they actually were.. you know, the greatest rock and rolll band in the world ... is just a gas gas gas (lame expression, I knowgrinning smiley). I hope they will release someday a complete 1969, 1970 and 1972 show as well. Sad that we only get five numbers from Roundhouse, but hey! That's better than nothing!

MARQUEE '71 deserves also a release, if for nothing else, just for a historical curiosity: to have footage from the Stones from those days is something belonging to the cultural heritage of the world or something....

- Doxa

Nice reminiscence Doxa. But why didn't you listen to the Leeds YT-video I posted? It's the best of the best available until now, sonically. It's mono but it sounds great, both sonically and musically. To be honest, it's one of the concerts I most listen to. Scroll up, plug in those earphones and have a blast!

Posted by: Monkeytonkman ()
Date: April 2, 2015 23:46

forgive me if this has been brought up. but can't see it.

Am I right, is there No super deluxe vinyl Boxset being released.

with the full album on vinyl and the CD's, DVD's and ephermera?

Looks like the boxsets only have a 7" with em.

More Like the Some Girls box than Exile?

any help mucho appreciated

Ta

Will there be a new single "wild horses"??
Posted by: Havo ()
Date: April 2, 2015 20:38

Couldnt find the answer so far. Maybe a new Top ten Hit for the Stones?

Re: Will there be a new single "wild horses"??
Posted by: mighty stork ()
Date: April 2, 2015 20:44

I don't see the point as it doesn't sound that much different than the one already released. I even liked the version on Stripped more.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: April 2, 2015 22:21

...which was also released as a single.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-02 22:22 by Nikkei.

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: April 2, 2015 23:47

It's already out - as digital singl single :

[www.qobuz.com]

Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: April 3, 2015 00:25

Date: April 3, 2015 00:39

treaclefingers
DandelionPowderman
ChefGuevara

Is this actually the case? New vocals?

No. I meant that I want the live tracks more than reworked outtakes that many posters here seem to miss on this release.

Date: April 3, 2015 00:43

kleermaker
Doxa

- Doxa

Nice reminiscence Doxa. But why didn't you listen to the Leeds YT-video I posted? It's the best of the best available until now, sonically. It's mono but it sounds great, both sonically and musically. To be honest, it's one of the concerts I most listen to. Scroll up, plug in those earphones and have a blast!

Everybody has heard Leeds in "the best quality". It sounds just like Doxa described. I'm looking forward to a stereo version which doesn't sound that thin and dry.

Date: April 3, 2015 00:45

Monkeytonkman
forgive me if this has been brought up. but can't see it.

Am I right, is there No super deluxe vinyl Boxset being released.

with the full album on vinyl and the CD's, DVD's and ephermera?

Looks like the boxsets only have a 7" with em.

More Like the Some Girls box than Exile?

any help mucho appreciated

Ta

The Super Deluxe set has both cds and vinyls.

Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: April 3, 2015 01:16

Sighunt
[theseconddisc.com]

So it looks like we will finally be getting the complete Leeds show, but why tease us with snippets from the Roundhouse show?

Date: April 3, 2015 01:18

Sighunt
Sighunt
[theseconddisc.com]

So it looks like we will finally be getting the complete Leeds show, but why tease us with snippets from the Roundhouse show?

Five tracks, not snippets, fortunately smiling smiley

Date: April 3, 2015 01:57

DandelionPowderman
kleermaker
Doxa

- Doxa

Everybody has heard Leeds in "the best quality". It sounds just like Doxa described. I'm looking forward to a stereo version which doesn't sound that thin and dry.

No, there are different audio quality versions of it.

Date: April 3, 2015 01:59

The obvious plan here is to keep doing these deluxe album set releases, as there's more money in that than just releasing a "EVEN MORE Hot Rocks" 3 disc set and getting all done at once.

So, the only real question, is do we get Goats Head Soup DELUXE, or TATTOO YOU TOO! as the next release.

And do we get a LET IT BLEED Superdeluxe, or are we relegated to clear vinyl reissues from now to the end of time, from ABKCO?

Posted by: GetYerAngie ()
Date: April 3, 2015 02:12

When lookingat the contends of SF-deluxe, I think that the chances of getting a GHS-deluxe are rather good.

The rumoured "Scarlet" wasn't that from the GHS-perod?

Date: April 3, 2015 03:23

GetYerAngie
When lookingat the contends of SF-deluxe, I think that the chances of getting a GHS-deluxe are rather good.

The rumoured "Scarlet" wasn't that from the GHS-perod?

and Save Me/Criss Cross Mind...could be a worthy deluxe edition.

Posted by: Kevinrm15 ()
Date: April 3, 2015 04:02

If a deluxe version of Tattoo You does happen, I expect it will look a LOT like this.

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: April 3, 2015 05:12

treaclefingers
And do we get a LET IT BLEED Superdeluxe, or are we relegated to clear vinyl reissues from now to the end of time, from ABKCO?

This is a real serious question, as I was asking myself already when ABKCO will start to jump on the expanded/deluxe/superdeluxe-edition wagon and if at all.

The 60's appear to be a much more interesting period for Stones outtakes in general.

Date: April 3, 2015 06:46

alimente
treaclefingers

This is a real serious question, as I was asking myself already when ABKCO will start to jump on the expanded/deluxe/superdeluxe-edition wagon and if at all.

The 60's appear to be a much more interesting period for Stones outtakes in general.

They don't have to jump on the bandwagon...they started the ball rolling and set the standard with gyyyo in 2009!

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: April 3, 2015 08:14

treaclefingers
alimente
treaclefingers

They don't have to jump on the bandwagon...they started the ball rolling and set the standard with gyyyo in 2009!

In a way, yes ... but I was thinking more of 60's studio albums in particular. Their GYYO and Charlie Is My Darling sets were absolutely great.

Posted by: gipsy12 ()
Date: April 3, 2015 08:22

corriecas
No mention on www.jpc.de yet???? They dont have that high prices normally.
Jeroen

It is listed on www.jpc.de - the Super Deluxe Boxset for 102.99 Euro - Do you order jpc ore do you waiting for amazon.de?

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: April 3, 2015 12:32

kleermaker

Thanks for the reference, but I think I just sit and wait the official version to be released. Holding my horses, you know... To hear it then fresh in its whole glory...

But just some time ago someone posted "Love In Vain" from that show, and it was an outstanding performance. I didn't recall it was that good. So I hope I will be positively surprised...

- Doxa

P.S. It could be that my perception of Leeds show back then was clouded by the next two bootlegs I bought. Those were an album called BEDSPRING SYMPHONY and another one called LA FRIDAY. I didn't have any clue about the reputation of those two among bootleg fans - I just randomly chose them (was I lucky?grinning smiley). After those two, Leeds sounded rather lame, and somehow I lost my interest towards it...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-03 12:37 by Doxa.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2223242526272829303132...LastNext
Current Page: 27 of 58

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2212
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home