Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1617181920212223242526...LastNext
Current Page: 21 of 58
Re: 'Sticky Fingers' rereleased - 25 May
Posted by: mitch ()
Date: March 31, 2015 16:58

I wait for the japanese release to be on target and press the "buy" button.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 31, 2015 17:00

Nikkei

€6 for a cardboard cutout eye rolling smiley

Printer & scissors helps .... winking smiley

Posted by: dandelion1967 ()
Date: March 31, 2015 17:06

I'm the only one not excited about the whole thing? We got a reissue of SF, the "bonus tracks" are very well known (an "acoustic version" of WH?? Man, I can do it by myself with Adobe Audition! They just take off the backing vocals, bass and that's a "bonus track"??). Leeds in stereo (we hope...) is the only good thing, and 5 tracks from Roundhouse could maybe be released on the Official Bootlegs. Where's the new tracks?
I think we just can't dream of a new album, they're not interested in adding vocals to a pre-recorded track

--------------------------------------------

"I'm gonna walk... before they make me run"

--------------------------------------------

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 31, 2015 17:08

Yeah, the more it goes the less they seem to bother about putting out "new" material...on the other why would they, they're raking it with their concerts, path of least resistance...

If there hadn't been this great deal on the Boxset I would have passed.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-31 17:08 by gotdablouse.

Date: March 31, 2015 17:11

dandelion1967
I'm the only one not excited about the whole thing? We got a reissue of SF, the "bonus tracks" are very well known (an "acoustic version" of WH?? Man, I can do it by myself with Adobe Audition! They just take off the backing vocals, bass and that's a "bonus track"??). Leeds in stereo (we hope...) is the only good thing, and 5 tracks from Roundhouse could maybe be released on the Official Bootlegs. Where's the new tracks?

+1
But for those who wanted (for the +/- 100000th time) Brown Sugar w/ Clapton and the Leeds show, this release is gold!

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: March 31, 2015 17:13

no sign of the Top of the Pops clips that were discussed here a while back iorr thread

Posted by: Stoneburst ()
Date: March 31, 2015 17:18

mitch
dandelion1967

+1
But for those who wanted (for the +/- 100000th time) Brown Sugar w/ Clapton and the Leeds show, this release is gold!

Yes, those poor unfortunates who have yet to discover YouTube.

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: March 31, 2015 17:28

slewan
liddas
slewan
whitem8
Great find! Thanks so much for sharing. I just ordered! However, I am unable to find the Super Deluxe edition? Where was that listed for 99 pounds? I looked on Amazon/UK and only the deluxe for 10.99.

don't search for Super Deluxe – just read the descriptions of the items carefully and you'll find out which edition is the Super Deluxe edition…

by the way – I guess all IORR members owe my thousands for that find! ;-) (and amazon will hate me for years)

Ordered!

Still, something must be wrong, because the Super Deluxe should be more than 3 discs, and the De Luxe does not have Leeds ... If I have to bet my money, I'd say I will receive the deluxe with apologies!

C

read the descriptions – 3 CDs + DVD plus 7´´Single = 5 discs (why should amazon be able to count when they are not clever enough to calculate their prices?)
btw: it reminds me a little bit of the release of Ryan Adams' release of the Live After Deaf concerts – for a few hours the price for the download of a single show and all 15 shows was the same (10 Euros)

True: incredible - Thank you!

C

Posted by: EasterMan ()
Date: March 31, 2015 17:31

A dvd with 2 tracks is just ridiculous...
Didn't the previous Super Deluxe sets include small portions of Live In Texas and Ladies And Gentlemen before those dvd's were released?
Maybe there will be a complete Marquee-dvd in stores soon?

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: March 31, 2015 17:31

I'm guessing that the two clip DVD is just a trailer for the full Eagle Rock release?

Posted by: tornnfrayed ()
Date: March 31, 2015 17:39

Same medicine, different bottle. Nothing really new here just the same stuff we have been listening to on boots over the past 40 years. At this point the Stones are all marketing and they have shown that they could care less about all of the dedicated fans who have been listening to them over the past 40 years. So they charge ridiculous prices for tickets when they tour and repackage material that is already in circulation on these "special" re-releases. They know there are a lot of us, people who have been Stones fans since the early 70s and before, who want to hear the older shows but they don't want to be bothered with the work that goes into that. Obviously. Rock and Roll, and the Rolling Stones, is pure business, and has been for many many years.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 31, 2015 17:40

liddas
slewan
liddas
slewan
whitem8
Great find! Thanks so much for sharing. I just ordered! However, I am unable to find the Super Deluxe edition? Where was that listed for 99 pounds? I looked on Amazon/UK and only the deluxe for 10.99.

don't search for Super Deluxe – just read the descriptions of the items carefully and you'll find out which edition is the Super Deluxe edition…

by the way – I guess all IORR members owe my thousands for that find! ;-) (and amazon will hate me for years)

Ordered!

Still, something must be wrong, because the Super Deluxe should be more than 3 discs, and the De Luxe does not have Leeds ... If I have to bet my money, I'd say I will receive the deluxe with apologies!

C

read the descriptions – 3 CDs + DVD plus 7´´Single = 5 discs (why should amazon be able to count when they are not clever enough to calculate their prices?)
btw: it reminds me a little bit of the release of Ryan Adams' release of the Live After Deaf concerts – for a few hours the price for the download of a single show and all 15 shows was the same (10 Euros)

True: incredible - Thank you!

C

Are you kidding me...I just bought the superdeluxe for 9GBP??? (They take off like 20% for VAT).

If I'd known that I'd have bought more than one copy!

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: March 31, 2015 17:41

... on Blu-ray format? DVD is pretty dead these days.

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: March 31, 2015 17:44

Not a single outtake is a shame, not enough material to make a CD, ok with that, but they had at least 2-3 good outtakes from that era.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 31, 2015 17:54

Yep, especially those that haven't leaked so far (Candlewick Bedspread, Hey Mama) like they did for Exile, too much work and too little reward I suppose for Mick to bother again.

PS -They are claiming there are "outtakes", but we think "Unreleased Songs" when we hear "Outtakes", not alternate takes...

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-31 17:57 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: March 31, 2015 17:57

or they ran out of those (that haven't leaked) when they did Exile

Posted by: slewan ()

[/quote]

Are you kidding me...I just bought the superdeluxe for 9GBP??? [/quote]

right. Nobody´s kidding you!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-31 18:00 by slewan.

Posted by: henrik87 ()

I think this release is pretty good. A complete Leeds (hopefully in stereo) on CD, alternate versions of the hits of Sticky Fingers and soundboard tracks from Roundhouse sound like good package. If you got it for 10,99 GBP you get lots of Rock'n'Roll for the money!!!

Of course some unreleased songs from the vault would have been interesting. But if they had put the already bootlegged songs on the release some folks would also be disappointed, 'cause they already had the songs.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: March 31, 2015 17:59

georgelicks
Not a single outtake is a shame, not enough material to make a CD, ok with that, but they had at least 2-3 good outtakes from that era.

you are right – in principle. On the other hand I'm fine with it, since I just paid £ 10.90 for the whole super deluxe thing. Really made my day!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-31 17:59 by slewan.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 31, 2015 18:01

slewan
georgelicks

you are right – in principle. On the other hand I'm fine with it, since I just paid £ 10.90 for the whole super deluxe thing. Really made my day!

damn...pays to be on IORR. It was up there for literally minutes.

I thought I bought just the expanded CD set, not realizing it was actually the superdeluxe!

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: March 31, 2015 18:12

Not shown in Amazon US market yet??

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: March 31, 2015 18:30

dcba
Agreed 100% about the Leeds vs Roundhouse balance... Maybe theu had a problem with the tapes?
Maybe VJames knows something?

Could well indicicate that Eagle Rock will release a DVD later with the complete Roundhouse and Marquee shows - the audio and video tracks on Sticky Fingers Deluxe seemingly work as a "teaser".

Posted by: alexander paul ()
Date: March 31, 2015 18:32

[www.youtube.com]

Wild horses acoustic video

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: March 31, 2015 18:32

dandelion1967
I think we just can't dream of a new album, they're not interested in adding vocals to a pre-recorded track

I agree about WH. I was scratching my head about that choice. I'll hold off on my judgement until I hear that alternate CYHMK, just to find out how "alternate" it actually is. Leeds complete is a nice bonus. And all told, still better than the Led Zeppelin "Companion" discs.

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: March 31, 2015 18:46

alimente
dcba
Agreed 100% about the Leeds vs Roundhouse balance... Maybe theu had a problem with the tapes?
Maybe VJames knows something?

Could well indicicate that Eagle Rock will release a DVD later with the complete Roundhouse and Marquee shows - the audio and video tracks on Sticky Fingers Deluxe seemingly work as a "teaser".

Sounds reasonable and awesome! Perhaps we'll see a dvd pack like the one with Live In Texas '78 which had the dvd + live cd. If the cd is the Roundhouse and the dvd is the Marquee we'll suddenly have three officially released '71 shows! smileys with beer
I supposed I should curb my expectations a little though...

Posted by: muenke ()
Date: March 31, 2015 19:10

Perhaps I belong to a minority:

This is great news! Come on, we will get the FULL Leeds gig in Stereo AND at least 5 songs from the Roundhouse in - for sure - great quality ... Just a few hours ago this was kind of a holy grale!

Posted by: donvis ()
Date: March 31, 2015 19:19

To my ears the acoustic version of wild horses available on Amazon right now is the same version that was on the Shelley hot rocks original issue LP

Date: March 31, 2015 19:33

andrewt
I agree about WH. I was scratching my head about that choice. I'll hold off on my judgement until I hear that alternate CYHMK, just to find out how "alternate" it actually is. Leeds complete is a nice bonus.

Agree, I had big expectations with this release. So significant period for the Stones.
In the end we have a half studio, half live disc with 4 new "alternate" tracks, and 5 live tracks (even not from SF!) from a show that every stones fan are waiting for in its entirely.
Plus a complete Leeds that everybody already got at 85%!
How frustrating.
I don't consider myself as a whinner, I am happy to get a complete 71 live show in official sound quality and quite anxious to ear the alternate CYHMK, but this time the SF tracklist let me think the mountain gave birth to a mouse.
Can't believe the vaults are that empty!

Posted by: ouroux58 ()
Date: March 31, 2015 19:40

slewan
georgelicks

Looks like it is a mp3 download, not the super deluxe boxset!

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: March 31, 2015 19:43

mitch
andrewt
I agree about WH. I was scratching my head about that choice. I'll hold off on my judgement until I hear that alternate CYHMK, just to find out how "alternate" it actually is. Leeds complete is a nice bonus.

Agree, I had big expectations with this release. So significant period for the Stones.
In the end we have a half studio, half live disc with 4 new "alternate" tracks, and 5 live tracks (even not from SF!) from a show that every stones fan are waiting for in its entirely.
Plus a complete Leeds that everybody already got at 85%!
How frustrating.
I don't consider myself as a whinner, I am happy to get a complete 71 live show in official sound quality and quite anxious to ear the alternate CYHMK, but this time the SF tracklist let me think the mountain gave birth to a mouse.
Can't believe the vaults are that empty!

Agreed.

The trick is in the wording.
If Can't You Hear Me Knocking is an alternate 'take' or an alternate 'mix'...big difference. Unfortuneatly they call it an alternate 'version' which could mean either, but I suspect its mix as Led Zep has been doing. Very very slightly different version of the released track...

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1617181920212223242526...LastNext
Current Page: 21 of 58

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1734
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home