Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1112131415161718192021...LastNext
Current Page: 16 of 58
Re: 'Sticky Fingers' reissue in 2015?
Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: February 25, 2015 23:59

>grinning smiley<>grinning smiley<>grinning smiley<

Date: February 26, 2015 00:49

kleermaker
kleermaker
DandelionPowderman
bye bye johnny
DandelionPowderman
May 8 is the new release date, supposedly.

Is there a source or link to this supposition?

The main source is Universal, but I can't reveal my source, unless he wants to come forward. There are more news, too, but I'm not sure how much I can say. But, heck, it looks good for all the worried minds out there smiling smiley (The source of the latter is from the Stones Office).

Are you saying we'll get one of those 1971 tour gigs in perfect audio? That would be something!

Well Dandy, any comment on my question?

Haven't heard about other gigs than the Marquee. Should have been a real gig, with the best equipment, imo.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: February 26, 2015 05:29

treaclefingers
palerider22
Doc
Why do you think BV mentionned Sticky Fingers when he gave hints for the 2015 concert dates ?

The shows will promote the release.

If that's true it would pretty much infuriate me (to a degree...) if Mick Taylor is not part of the show. There will be a lot baby boomer fans shaking their heads in disbelief and dismissing the tour outright. I can predict the conversations already...Sigh...It's just bad vibes all around to exlude Taylor from a Sticky Fingers themed tour for long-time fans. I can't wrap my head around the notion that he's out...

Maybe you won't need to...this is all still just speculation.

For Taylor to state on his FB page that he's not been invited back on tour seems to qualify as a little more than speculation?

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 26, 2015 17:45

GasLightStreet
DandelionPowderman
achilles77
Obviously if I had seen/read any info on this release, then I wouldn't be inquiring.

Am I supposed to sort through 40 pages of "live in 2015" thread for some shred of info on a S.F. reissue, or just simply make an inquiry in the pertaining thread??

I am clearly looking for some details and I haven't seen anything here about it? Your post doesn't answer anything for me. Anyone else??

Mick has talked about this release himself (October 22, 2014):

RS Magazine: Do you have plans for more deluxe reissues? You've got Sticky Fingers and Tattoo You to do.

Mick: – I think Sticky Fingers is the next one. I don't know how much is there in terms of other songs or outtakes. Part of what was done then became Exile On Main Street. But I haven't immersed myself in it. I've gotta do that, I guess.

I wish they'd do them all. I'd love to hear extra material from GOATS HEAD SOUP, IORR, BLACK AND BLUE, EMOTIONAL RESCUE, TATTOO YOU and UNDERCOVER.

thumbs up

Date: February 26, 2015 17:46

gotdablouse
treaclefingers
palerider22
Doc
Why do you think BV mentionned Sticky Fingers when he gave hints for the 2015 concert dates ?

The shows will promote the release.

If that's true it would pretty much infuriate me (to a degree...) if Mick Taylor is not part of the show. There will be a lot baby boomer fans shaking their heads in disbelief and dismissing the tour outright. I can predict the conversations already...Sigh...It's just bad vibes all around to exlude Taylor from a Sticky Fingers themed tour for long-time fans. I can't wrap my head around the notion that he's out...

Maybe you won't need to...this is all still just speculation.

For Taylor to state on his FB page that he's not been invited back on tour seems to qualify as a little more than speculation?

I believe it was removed though, no? And we don't know whether he was the one who posted it or not.

So while it may end up being true, no point in prematurely getting one's knickers in a twist, unless you find that comfortable!

Posted by: tklawson ()
Date: February 26, 2015 18:48

georgelicks
May 8 is Friday, the release dates are Monday or Tuesday.
Not anymore. Friday is the new global release day:
http://www.billboard.com/biz/articles/news/retail/6487290/industry-sets-friday-as-global-record-release-day

Posted by: James Kirk ()
Date: February 26, 2015 19:03

Sticky Fingers came out 44 years ago. Why would anyone care about the re-release/cash grab for the Stones? Somebody wake me up when they put out some new music

Date: February 26, 2015 19:08

James Kirk
Sticky Fingers came out 44 years ago. Why would anyone care about the re-release/cash grab for the Stones? Somebody wake me up when they put out some new music

You don't care about the outtakes or the concert DVD?

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: February 26, 2015 19:53

James Kirk

The Stones are not a band anymore, they are a touring corporation, 2 studio albums in 20 years, they're done as recording act.

Date: February 26, 2015 19:56

georgelicks
James Kirk

The Stones are not a band anymore, they are a touring corporation, 2 studio albums in 20 years, they're done as recording act.

Well, as their new albums don't really sell anymore, they seem to have timed that one perfectly.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: February 26, 2015 20:21

James Kirk
Somebody wake me up when they put out some new music

You just called Dr. Kevorkian here with that sentence... You'll NEVER wake up! >grinning smiley<

Posted by: achilles77 ()
Date: February 27, 2015 07:51

frankotero
This is leading me to the idea of a lot of Mick Taylor involvement (onstage). Hope I'm not dreaming too hard.

You and me both.

kowalski
If the original album tracks are remastered the same way as on Some Girls Deluxe and EOMS Deluxe, maybe it's better to not wait too much of it...

Yeah they brickwalled the hell out of the Exile remaster. All part of the "loudness war" I suppose...(which at this point in time seems to have died down a bit, thankfully, so there is hope for a proper SF remaster)... We'll see.

Posted by: MrThompsonWooft ()
Date: February 27, 2015 16:41

So what about the actual content? What can we expect? Were any 1971 shows filmed? can we expect a simultaneous DVD release.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: February 27, 2015 17:09

Acc. to VideoJames they have the Marquee show and another 1971 gig!
VJ didn't say which one though. Some speculate it's Leeds, some (like me) hope it's one of the Roundhouse shows.

Anyway as VJ just revealed it seems the SF reissue will be a CD+book affair only so how many 1971 vids the Stones have in their vaults appears to be a purely hypotheical problem for us... confused smiley

Date: February 27, 2015 17:36

dcba
VJ didn't say which one though. Some speculate it's Leeds, some (like me) hope it's one of the Roundhouse shows.

Anyway as VJ just revealed it seems the SF reissue will be a CD+book affair only so how many 1971 vids the Stones have in their vaults appears to be a purely hypotheical problem for us... confused smiley

CD as in original (d1)studio album plus (d2)bonus tracks?

Date: February 27, 2015 17:52

dcba

+1

Eagle Rock can handle the video, no problem with me thumbs up

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: February 27, 2015 17:58

Maindefender
dcba

Stones Planet Brazil reported on the box set contents a couple of months back:

Remastered album, CD of bonus tracks, CD/DVD of Marquee '71 and a book.

Cover will reportedly be the Spanish version, and release will coincide with the 44th anniversary of the album's April 23, 1971 release.

Date: February 27, 2015 18:07

bye bye johnny
Maindefender
dcba

Cover will reportedly be the Spanish version, and release will coincide with the 44th anniversary of the album's April 23, 1971 release.

I wouldn't bet on a release before Friday May 8, Johnny. And supposedly, Eagle Rock will do the DVD release, not Universal.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: February 27, 2015 18:11

DandelionPowderman
bye bye johnny
Maindefender
dcba

I wouldn't bet on a release before Friday May 8, Johnny. And supposedly, Eagle Rock will do the DVD release, not Universal.

This was the information we had and published last december. Since then, it seems the initial plans has been changed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-02-27 18:14 by Cristiano Radtke.

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: February 27, 2015 18:30

If a Bonus-CD with outtakes will exist then only a few tracks are coming into consideration according to Martin Elliott's book (Complete Recording Sessions 1962-2002) - supposing that Elliott's book contains all recorded tracks: Hillside Blues, Rock It, Travelling Tiger, As Now, Who Am I?, C o c k s u c k e r Blues, Candlewick Bedspread. Elliott qualifies some of these tracks as possible working titles intending that they are early versions of released tracks. And the last two titles were recorded short time after the release date of SF.

Oh, sorry, I'am wrong: The last two titles weren't recorded after the release date of SF, but already 1970. Then even another titles come into consideration: Travellin' Man, Potted Shrimp, Trident Jam.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-02-27 18:38 by RobertJohnson.

Date: February 27, 2015 18:35

Cristiano Radtke
This was the information we had and published last december. Since then, it seems the initial plans has been changed.

Have the contents changed, or just the release date?

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: February 27, 2015 19:13

RobertJohnson
If a Bonus-CD with outtakes will exist then only a few tracks are coming into consideration according to Martin Elliott's book (Complete Recording Sessions 1962-2002) - supposing that Elliott's book contains all recorded tracks: Hillside Blues, Rock It, Travelling Tiger, As Now, Who Am I?, C o c k s u c k e r Blues, Candlewick Bedspread. Elliott qualifies some of these tracks as possible working titles intending that they are early versions of released tracks. And the last two titles were recorded short time after the release date of SF.

Oh, sorry, I'am wrong: The last two titles weren't recorded after the release date of SF, but already 1970. Then even another titles come into consideration: Travellin' Man, Potted Shrimp, Trident Jam.

I expect material from 1968 to 1973, let see if Scarlet will be included (Don Was taked about it around the Exile reissue)

Date: February 27, 2015 19:16

RobertJohnson

drinking smileydrinking smileydrinking smiley

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: February 27, 2015 19:20

Lets hope the project doesnt get bogged down over copyright dates with the guys at ABKCO.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: February 27, 2015 19:52

Lets hope any new vocals

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: February 27, 2015 21:51

Personally I'm not wild about the Marquee concert. They MUST have better sound that what we've had for years. And the video is almost always straight on Mick. Not the greatest performance, though it is a club date. I don't know. I hope they filmed another concert. And I'd still like an official release of Live At Leeds.

Date: February 27, 2015 22:35

KRiffhard
Lets hope any new vocals

I have no problems with new vocals, if they are to finish an incomplete song, and sound anywhere near Plundered My Soul.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-02-27 22:35 by treaclefingers.

Date: February 27, 2015 23:15

bye bye johnny
Cristiano Radtke

According to VideoJames, who offered to provide sound from the TOTP performances, they (Universal) are only planning on releasing an audio/book release.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: February 27, 2015 23:34

DandelionPowderman
bye bye johnny
Cristiano Radtke

According to VideoJames, who offered to provide sound from the TOTP performances, they (Universal) are only planning on releasing an audio/book release.

I may be wrong, but I think VideoJames has offered them the video performances from the TOTP, wasn't it?

Date: February 27, 2015 23:53

VideoJames did indeed offer the footage > [www.iorr.org]

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1112131415161718192021...LastNext
Current Page: 16 of 58

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1680
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home