Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 2 of 9
Re: Brixton Academy Soundboard
Posted by: Mabru ()
Date: August 6, 2013 13:32

any news of this release?

i was hoping that one of 1995 clubshows would be an official bootleg in soundboard quality. But that was only a dream......

Posted by: mrsoul ()
Date: August 12, 2013 21:29

Hi all,
Yes, I know, I'm new on this board, but not really. Been following you people for ages. Ang been getting great advice how to select the best recordings. So thx to all who are involved into lots of research and uploading the goodies.
Now, just over the weekend I received a copy of the forthcoming Brixton Academy show.
To end all rumours about its origin, it is definitively a legendary gem.
The show is almost complete, only missing the band introductions -but Keith's intro is right on there and some applause editing before the encore Jumping Jack Flash (allthough not a second of the song is missing).
For the rest this is the only document of the four 95 club shows that is now available in official quality.
Multitrack mixed, with the wild audience right where it should be - screaming and howling for more - and the instruments perfectly blent.
So, no dry tape as the Cirkus Krone recording, but a warm, organic guitar fest with an open production.
I will try to upload a few songs in the forthcoming days when my job is less busy.
Whatever way you'll get this show, prepare yourselves for a fab evening.
Now only if Olympia and Paradiso could get a treatment like Brixton...

Posted by: Rik ()
Date: August 12, 2013 21:36

Yeah! Great news :-)

Posted by: Godxofxrock9 ()
Date: August 12, 2013 21:47

mrsoul
Hi all,
Yes, I know, I'm new on this board, but not really. Been following you people for ages. Ang been getting great advice how to select the best recordings. So thx to all who are involved into lots of research and uploading the goodies.
Now, just over the weekend I received a copy of the forthcoming Brixton Academy show.
The show is almost complete, only missing the band introductions -but Keith's intro is right on there and some applause editing before the encore Jumping Jack Flash (allthough not a second of the song is missing).
For the rest this is the only document of the four 95 club shows that is now available in official quality.
Multitrack mixed, with the wild audience right where it should be - screaming and howling for more - and the instruments perfectly blent.
So, no dry tape as the Cirkus Krone recording, but a warm, organic guitar fest with an open production.
I will try to upload a few songs in the forthcoming days when my job is less busy.
Thank you very much if you have the whole show it would be great if you could upload it i can help if you need help with uploading to filefactory mega wetransfer etc

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: August 12, 2013 22:10

Is it a Box?!What are the label, maybe Red Tongue Records?!Thanks for your reply!!

Posted by: mrsoul ()
Date: August 12, 2013 22:15

mailexile67
Is it a Box?!What are the label, maybe Red Tongue Records?!Thanks for your reply!!

No, thanx God no RTR release. Rattlesnake seems to be the producer.
Available as 3LP box set and seperate 2cd or another easier way if some prefer. -)

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: August 13, 2013 13:52

Can't wait to hear this!

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: August 13, 2013 14:51

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: August 13, 2013 15:19

Apologies if I've missed something...

...but where and from whom does one order this LP set ? smiling smiley

Posted by: FoolToCry ()
Date: August 13, 2013 16:36

just found this.
great version of jjf!!

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: August 13, 2013 19:35

Anyone want to preorder the Rattlesnake CD or the above LP box?

Mail me!

Posted by: nico one ()
Date: August 15, 2013 14:05

mrsoul
Hi all,

Are you still busy smileys with beer

Posted by: Jasper76 ()
Date: August 21, 2013 02:46

how do I order the 3 disc vinyl version????

Re: Brixton Academy 1995 - soundboard
Posted by: Jasper76 ()
Date: August 21, 2013 02:49

how do I order the3 disc vinyl version please help

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: August 21, 2013 09:46

Great video FoolToCry!! Man, Ronnie is zonked out of his skull...haha. How hot was the room that night??

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: August 22, 2013 01:36

cant wait to hear some of this baby

Date: August 22, 2013 04:05

Someone really needs to upload a sample!

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: August 22, 2013 12:41

They always liked to play and they still do. But in those years they really liked to play together as a band and I think you can hear it and it shows on video's that are available. Personally I still think that period is very much underestimated. It (SW/UJ) was a come back for which they had to prove a lot...and they wanted to! Having something in common made them a band. You can see in how they have contact on stage during and after songs and shows that they are excited but relaxed with each other. Keith embracing MJ at the end of Brixton...that really is a big difference with what people want to see and think they see today.
They played very very good and very solid during Steel Wheels / Urban Jungle / Voodoo Lounge. I also liked the sound in those days, maybe Urban Jungle even being their best tour. Not just the arrangements but everything: very good level of playing, mixing quality. Yeah they have a lot of people on stage sometimes but I think that the Vegas Era started with BtB...a bridge to a B-stage...? Funny enough a lot of the best shows came from Europe with these club shows as their best of the last 40 years or so.
Keith played very very good at the club shows. At the Paradiso shows he was sitting down a lot: the very concentrated band leader. But at Brixton he had to do it like this...

Date: August 22, 2013 19:34

=

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-08-29 10:54 by nico one.

Posted by: Godxofxrock9 ()
Date: August 22, 2013 19:58

Dreamer
They always liked to play and they still do. But in those years they really liked to play together as a band and I think you can hear it and it shows on video's that are available. Personally I still think that period is very much underestimated. It (SW/UJ) was a come back for which they had to prove a lot...and they wanted to! Having something in common made them a band. You can see in how they have contact on stage during and after songs and shows that they are excited but relaxed with each other. Keith embracing MJ at the end of Brixton...that really is a big difference with what people want to see and think they see today.
They played very very good and very solid during Steel Wheels / Urban Jungle / Voodoo Lounge. I also liked the sound in those days, maybe Urban Jungle even being their best tour. Not just the arrangements but everything: very good level of playing, mixing quality. Yeah they have a lot of people on stage sometimes but I think that the Vegas Era started with BtB...a bridge to a B-stage...? Funny enough a lot of the best shows came from Europe with these club shows as their best of the last 40 years or so.
Keith played very very good at the club shows. At the Paradiso shows he was sitting down a lot: the very concentrated band leader. But at Brixton he had to do it like this...
I agree with you 100% smoking smiley

Date: August 22, 2013 21:16

Maindefender
Great video FoolToCry!! Man, Ronnie is zonked out of his skull...haha. How hot was the room that night??

After the show it looked like I had been under the shower continue for 2 hours smileys with beer , I was standing dont know about the balcony , but was the hottest show i,ve been to ever ,

after the show a guy took a photo of us but he never sended it to me

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: August 22, 2013 21:44

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-08-22 22:03 by Erik_Snow.

Date: August 22, 2013 22:13

Do you have the LP set, Erik? It's expensive, but I'm considering buying it.

I just spent a "fortune" collecting Kinks LPs. Only missing their debut album now.

So, I guess I'll await others' review of it first...

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: August 25, 2013 21:26

is there any place you can hear snippets from this? Dying to hear it

Date: August 25, 2013 23:16

I have been wondering the same. I would imagine that they are holding out for people to pre-order the LP. The thing is I will only pre-order something if I am confident I really want it on my shelf! Until we hear samples I am just not sure what they are really releasing. Sounds legit though!

Date: August 27, 2013 23:00

flacnvinyl
I have been wondering the same. I would imagine that they are holding out for people to pre-order the LP. The thing is I will only pre-order something if I am confident I really want it on my shelf! Until we hear samples I am just not sure what they are really releasing. Sounds legit though!

Its surely a lot of money , so youre right a couple of samples would be justified ,

if the release in near soon ,someone must release something ??????

Date: August 28, 2013 11:17

There are some strange things going on .

There is a guy Hans H ( HO56@... ) emailing people NOT to upload samples ,

He mistakenly emailed me Yesterday and asked me NOT to upload the Brixton Academy recording ,

Now thats easy I dont have it smiling smiley , I Asked him what he meant and he replied with some strange answer confused smiley and said He mistakenly send an email to the wrong person ,

On my question why hw didnot wanted the recording or snippits to be released he didnot had any reply/ answer ,

Posted by: kish_stoned ()
Date: August 28, 2013 13:20

NICO,I think the recording want be that good that is why he does not want to put the snippits to be realesed cause he ison the game of making money somehow.I have 2 cd set of 'HAVING A LAUGH IN BRIXTON'' and i was at the show,stones have recoding of the whole show and it was shown .

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: August 28, 2013 15:33

nico one
There are some strange things going on .

There is a guy Hans H ( HO56@... ) emailing people NOT to upload samples ,

He mistakenly emailed me Yesterday and asked me NOT to upload the Brixton Academy recording ,

Now thats easy I dont have it smiling smiley , I Asked him what he meant and he replied with some strange answer confused smiley and said He mistakenly send an email to the wrong person ,

On my question why hw didnot wanted the recording or snippits to be released he didnot had any reply/ answer ,

The logical answer would be that excellent snippets would promote the release, whereas bad snippets would destroy mrsoul's claim above that this is indeed official release quality ("multitrack mixed"). Go figure!

Date: August 28, 2013 17:49

kish_stoned
NICO,I think the recording want be that good that is why he does not want to put the snippits to be realesed cause he ison the game of making money somehow.I have 2 cd set of 'HAVING A LAUGH IN BRIXTON'' and i was at the show,stones have recoding of the whole show and it was shown .

I was at the show too kish_stoned , also have 'HAVING A LAUGH IN BRIXTON'' and the boot dvd winking smiley , saw the stones recording too ofcourse but that doesnot mean much nowadays they record every show since the 90,s

so the guy who emailed me has something to do with the release , why didnot he told me then ,

and if it aint ready how does MrSoul seems to have a copy already then ?

Its all very strange........... and bootleggers aint in it for the money.drinking smileydrinking smiley

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 2 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1374
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home