Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456789
Current Page: 9 of 9
Re: Brixton Academy Soundboard
Date: October 18, 2013 16:18

On the first O2-show, right behind the tongue pit, he was lower in the mix compared to shows I've seen since 1990.

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: October 18, 2013 17:43

The plink plonk factor was subdued last time at Leeds 82 - although Chuck sat on keyboards then. This was the first and the last time I could stand his piano style. Afterwards he became the musical director of a cover band formerly known as The Rolling Stones

Posted by: vudicus ()
Date: October 18, 2013 17:45

All that is needed is a proper grand piano and/or a Wurlitzer.
I don't think there is anything wrong with what Chuck plays, it's more the sound of that horrid digital piano thing.

Listen to his Hammond & Wurlitzer work on Stripped. Very tasteful stuff.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: October 18, 2013 17:46

RobertJohnson
The plink plonk factor was subdued last time at Leeds 82 - although Chuck sat on keyboards then. This was the first and the last time I could stand his piano style. Afterwards he became the musical director of a cover band formerly known as The Rolling Stones

Slight exageration me-thinks winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-10-18 17:47 by Spud.

Posted by: hailtothestones ()
Date: October 19, 2013 03:08

Any chance for a repost? I'm trying to download tonight and saw the link was up earlier while I was at work. It now says its unavailable.

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: October 21, 2013 00:32

Why do the Rolling Stones require an exaggerated, obnoxious, annoyingly loud, "One-Two!!! One-Two-Three-Four!!!!" before every song? Are they rhythmically challenged or what?

Posted by: coffeepotman ()
Date: November 1, 2013 15:33

This is by far my favorite of all the "archive" releases, either legit or not. I love this show! This and Glastonbury have made my stones year!

Posted by: mrfancyman ()
Date: November 1, 2013 15:52

bleedingman
Why do the Rolling Stones require an exaggerated, obnoxious, annoyingly loud, "One-Two!!! One-Two-Three-Four!!!!" before every song? Are they rhythmically challenged or what?

thumbs up

Nowadays he is the bandleader (Musical Director, see credits on Sweet Summer Sun BBC broadcast). With 1,2... 1, 2, 3, 4 he gets the attention. Only songs where Keith has to start you don't have this counting.

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: November 1, 2013 16:58

bleedingman

Yeah, its very annoying. They do it (let him do it) even more when recording a show.
But the main problem here is Charlie cause he's often unshure about counting and cues.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: December 19, 2013 22:34

OK, so I'm finally listening to this wonderful soundboard recording. I'm enjoying it very much, but, in my opinion, the mix is just a tad 'off' It almost feels like a there's too much stereo separation; and is it just me, or is Keith's guitar audible on the wrong channel?

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: December 20, 2013 00:11

Big Al
OK, so I'm finally listening to this wonderful soundboard recording. I'm enjoying it very much, but, in my opinion, the mix is just a tad 'off' It almost feels like a there's too much stereo separation; and is it just me, or is Keith's guitar audible on the wrong channel?

No, it's not just you. I recorded the Stripped (I think) TV special way back when and thought, in my mess of wires, I had my left/right cables switched somewhere.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: December 20, 2013 01:09

shadooby

No, it's not just you. I recorded the Stripped (I think) TV special way back when and thought, in my mess of wires, I had my left/right cables switched somewhere.

I instinctively yanked my headphones off after the Keith's first strum on Honky Tonk Women!

Goto Page: Previous123456789
Current Page: 9 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1900
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home