Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617...LastNext
Current Page: 12 of 19
Re: CD Hyde Park Live
Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: July 25, 2013 13:31

Rolling Hansie
HUH ?

Well said, that man! ........smoking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-25 13:32 by EddieByword.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: July 25, 2013 15:26

Rolling Hansie
HUH ?
smileys with beersmileys with beer
Jeroen

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 25, 2013 15:35

Rolling Hansie
HUH ?

SE KNOWS IF YOU EDIT THE HYDE PARK LIVE IN 2 CD!!!

That's about as loud as I could go...if you still can't hear don't blame me, turn up your hearing aid!

Date: July 25, 2013 15:40

SE?

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: July 25, 2013 15:41

DandelionPowderman
SE?

South East? Sue Ellen?

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: July 25, 2013 15:45

mick64
SE knows If you edit the Hyde Park Live in 2 CD

I think this could possibly be a cryptic code from a insurgent group or rebel Taylorite faction. Possibly signalling the start of an all out anti-Wood campaign.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: July 25, 2013 15:59

Security Emergency service, the Stones cops
jeroen

Posted by: bonddm ()
Date: July 25, 2013 16:17

What you talkin bout Willis.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-25 16:19 by bonddm.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: July 25, 2013 17:12

Steve Earle

Re: Hyde Park iTunes Sound
Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: July 25, 2013 17:52

Munichhilton
Start Me Up is NOT fat...it's big toned...

grinning smiley

Re: Hyde Park Live on ITUNES now
Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: July 25, 2013 18:01

Deltics
TomGreen
Would like to know which song is from which night, but it's still well produced and mixed I think. I do want a DVD though. Preferably of the first show, which I was at.

According to Zentgraf:
Start Me Up (MJ/KR) -Hyde Park 13.7.2013
- It's Only Rock'n Roll (MJ/KR) -Hyde Park 13.7.2013
- Tumbling Dice (MJ/KR) -Hyde Park 6.7.2013
- Emotional Rescue (MJ/KR) -Hyde Park 13.7.2013
- Street Fighting Man (MJ/KR) -Hyde Park 13.7.2013
- Ruby Tuesday (MJ/KR) -Hyde Park 13.7.2013
- Doom And Gloom (MJ/KR) -Hyde Park 6.7.2013
- Paint It Black (MJ/KR) -Hyde Park 13.7.2013
- Honky Tonk Women (MJ/KR) -Hyde Park 13.7.2013
- You Got The Silver (MJ/KR) -Hyde Park 6.7.2013
- Before They Make Me Run (MJ/KR) -Hyde Park 6.7.2013
- Miss You (MJ/KR) -Hyde Park 6.7.2013
- Midnight Rambler (MJ/KR) -Hyde Park 6.7.2013
- Gimme Shelter (MJ/KR) -Hyde Park 13.7.2013o
- Jumping Jack Flash (MJ/KR) -Hyde Park 6.7.2013
- Sympathy For the Devil (MJ/KR) -Hyde Park 6.7.2013
- Brown Sugar (MJ/KR) -Hyde Park 13.7.2013
- You Can't Always Get What You Want (MJ/KR) -Hyde Park 13.7.2013
- Satisfaction (MJ/KR) -Hyde Park 6.7.2013

Is everybody agreed on this before I do something rash like print it out? I confess I'd have liked to have the entire show I was at, but I am NOT going to complain, there's been enough of that. I'm just happy to have these great songs sounding so great. (Btw, the last thing I want a live album to sound is totally pristine, no live show ever sounded like that in person.)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-25 18:03 by Aquamarine.

Posted by: IrelandCalling4 ()
Date: July 25, 2013 20:06

Jeez...it is BRILLIANT! Halfway through it, the sound is excellent; raw and rocking, grooving.

'Street Fighting Man' on as I type, a storming version

A great release smiling smiley

Posted by: rbagel ()
Date: July 25, 2013 20:18

I am very happy with the iTunes recording! Great sound, and it captures the spirit of the shows. The quality of the live recordings has been inconsistent over the years, and good ones such as Flashpoint and No Security lacked the coherence of a specific performance or venue. This time the Stones really came through with a classic in a few short weeks. I'm going to listen again now...

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: July 25, 2013 20:20

Does anyone share the opinion that the vocals are mixed a little low?

Posted by: steini ()
Date: July 25, 2013 21:05

No i did not notice the vocal were low, usually if i notice nothing that disturb me the first time i listen for ex vocals or guitars low, then it´s good.If it takes investigation wether the outcome of that is yin or yang its allready good´if i get my point clear smiling smiley

Posted by: JohnnyBGoode ()
Date: July 25, 2013 21:09

Love it! Been blasting it all day. Just wish Beast Of Burden, All Down The Line and Bitch could have made the album!

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: July 25, 2013 21:49

Big Al- I feel Micks vocal is a little low on Doom & Gloom, otherwise a great version. But, after more listens I'm leaning toward joining the lossless crowd. It's very good for lossy (and $10) but it can be better. Hope there will be a proper HD release.

Posted by: rebelrebel ()
Date: July 25, 2013 22:25

shadooby
Just listening to Before They Make Me Run, Keith is back, he's actually playing that thing slung over his shoulder while he's singing again! Licks/Bang/Shine A Light was more about posing, this short tour was rock and roll.

I've not heard this release yet so I can't comment but has anyone compared this official release with a bootleg? Just cos I was there and watching carefully and he hardly touched the guitar while singing Before They Make Me Run.

Posted by: dannyhowells ()
Date: July 25, 2013 22:38

Cannot stop listening to Midnight Rambler .. it just rocks like a bitch.
If there's been a better version than this in recent years, please point me in the right direction as this one just melts my face.

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: July 25, 2013 22:38

I caved in and bought the MP3 iTunes...and have to say...it is amazing, the playing is fantastic. How many overdubs if any do you think might be lurking on it. I saw them at Glasto but you don't take it all in musically as you are sharing your senses and letting your eyes marvel a the spectacle at the same time. Listening to it now (albeit in MP3!) I can really hear some of Keith and Ronnies stuff and they are fantastic. I'm really impressed with them on this tour, dare I say playing the best live since 78?

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: July 25, 2013 22:48

JohnnyBGoode
Love it! Been blasting it all day. Just wish Beast Of Burden, All Down The Line and Bitch could have made the album!

+1

Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()
Date: July 26, 2013 00:32

proudmary
JohnnyBGoode

+1

+2

It's pretty certain from the sound that there are no guitar overdubs. The sound is just too consistent. Obviously Clearmountain lifted a later bit from his Pro Tools to fix the intro on Start Me Up, but other glitches are "fixed" the old fashioned way, by lifting a different instrument or background vocal to fill the sound and then being that back down. It's a terrific mix.

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: July 26, 2013 01:15

TeddyB1018
proudmary
JohnnyBGoode

+1

+2

It's pretty certain from the sound that there are no guitar overdubs. The sound is just too consistent. Obviously Clearmountain lifted a later bit from his Pro Tools to fix the intro on Start Me Up, but other glitches are "fixed" the old fashioned way, by lifting a different instrument or background vocal to fill the sound and then being that back down. It's a terrific mix.

On the other side of the site, where the audio experts live, they are much more critical about the sound and guitar overdub on SMU.

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: July 26, 2013 03:57

Just downloaded it onto my I Phone and playing it for the first time through my dock. Tomorrow in the car speakers!

Thank you Rolling Stones!!!! $10 = 3 lattes or the Hyde Park concerts smiling smiley

Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()
Date: July 26, 2013 04:17

kleermaker
TeddyB1018
proudmary
JohnnyBGoode

+1

+2

On the other side of the site, where the audio experts live, they are much more critical about the sound and guitar overdub on SMU.

I have made records, both as artist and producer, and waste as much time as anyone on Steve Hoffman's site so I can guess what they're saying and don't care.

Edit: I did look and all the complaining has come from one poster. Blah blah redlined blah blah smashed midrange, etc.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-26 04:21 by TeddyB1018.

Posted by: ifyacantrockme ()
Date: July 26, 2013 05:24

Overall I think this is a pretty good live album. My only and one complaint (Stones fans are so hard on their band aren't they?) is Emotional Rescue.

I listened to the studio version. I think they need to play the arrangement closer to the studio version than what they did. The 'oo-oo' part is way too long. The band seemingly vamps on one chord forever and it just goes on and on. The studio version is tighter and gives the appearance of different things and parts in the arrangement.

If they should do this again...I wish they'd re-listen to the studio version and take some notes, I think it would go over better and sound tighter live.

Otherwise, I love the album!

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: July 26, 2013 05:44

Aquamarine
Deltics
TomGreen
Would like to know which song is from which night, but it's still well produced and mixed I think. I do want a DVD though. Preferably of the first show, which I was at.

According to Zentgraf:
Start Me Up (MJ/KR) -Hyde Park 13.7.2013
- It's Only Rock'n Roll (MJ/KR) -Hyde Park 13.7.2013
- Tumbling Dice (MJ/KR) -Hyde Park 6.7.2013
- Emotional Rescue (MJ/KR) -Hyde Park 13.7.2013
- Street Fighting Man (MJ/KR) -Hyde Park 13.7.2013
- Ruby Tuesday (MJ/KR) -Hyde Park 13.7.2013
- Doom And Gloom (MJ/KR) -Hyde Park 6.7.2013
- Paint It Black (MJ/KR) -Hyde Park 13.7.2013
- Honky Tonk Women (MJ/KR) -Hyde Park 13.7.2013
- You Got The Silver (MJ/KR) -Hyde Park 6.7.2013
- Before They Make Me Run (MJ/KR) -Hyde Park 6.7.2013
- Miss You (MJ/KR) -Hyde Park 6.7.2013
- Midnight Rambler (MJ/KR) -Hyde Park 6.7.2013
- Gimme Shelter (MJ/KR) -Hyde Park 13.7.2013o
- Jumping Jack Flash (MJ/KR) -Hyde Park 6.7.2013
- Sympathy For the Devil (MJ/KR) -Hyde Park 6.7.2013
- Brown Sugar (MJ/KR) -Hyde Park 13.7.2013
- You Can't Always Get What You Want (MJ/KR) -Hyde Park 13.7.2013
- Satisfaction (MJ/KR) -Hyde Park 6.7.2013

Could someone please retype this using the proper, American date format?

Posted by: steini ()
Date: July 26, 2013 06:22

"Could someone please retype this using the proper, American date format?"

maby you could?

Posted by: GOO ()
Date: July 26, 2013 06:35

That is the proper way to write it....as in it is the sixth of July and it is the thirteenth of July not July sixth or July thirteenth

Number One Spot Yet Again!
Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: July 26, 2013 03:06

Thank you to everyone who has helped make #StonesHydePark number 1 in 11 countries! [www.apple.com] …

From Twitter.

hot smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617...LastNext
Current Page: 12 of 19

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1841
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home