Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819Next
Current Page: 17 of 19
Re: Hyde Park Live on ITUNES now
Posted by: Starr ()
Date: August 2, 2013 20:32

Just downloaded it last night - great recording and I am really enjoying re-living Hyde Park on this... best live output for a long time in my opinion...
my only minor complaint is that they have left out the best two tracks of the gig (I went to number 1) - those were "Bitch" and "All down the line".

"till the next time..."

Star

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: August 2, 2013 20:34

The iTunes version sounds ok to me (although I prefer my recordings, especially HP2, I shared obviously >grinning smiley<) but if you have some doubts about the AAC format, you can go for the lossless version on Qobuz or musicme [www.musicme.com] ;-)

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: August 2, 2013 20:54

Green Lady
kwf
Lorenz
Gazza
What's the supposed logic behind making this available for only four weeks? Anyone?confused smiley

Artificially limiting supply and encouraging customers to buy right now. Actually makes sense in my opinion - from a marketing perspective. No doubt the album will be available afterwards as well.

I thought it was a four week exclusive deal with Itunes....after that it would be available at the other usual places like Amazon, etc....

I certainly hope so. If it turns out to be a true limited-edition it will be very unfair and extremely annoying - but I think they just wanted to score an I-Tunes No.1 by concentrating all the purchases there for a while.
Green Lady, email me.

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Date: August 2, 2013 21:35

My covers if anyone's interested.

[www.filefactory.com]

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: August 2, 2013 22:24

Nice job again Deltics

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: GOO ()
Date: August 2, 2013 23:17

Good cd covers

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: August 3, 2013 00:03

Starr
Just downloaded it last night - great recording and I am really enjoying re-living Hyde Park on this... best live output for a long time in my opinion...
my only minor complaint is that they have left out the best two tracks of the gig (I went to number 1) - those were "Bitch" and "All down the line".

"till the next time..."

That's a drag. What? We had to hear a worn out SFTD and Tumbling Dice instead of the relatively less played Bitch and All Down The Line? (Not to mention the insult of the King of All Down The Line is backstage (Mick Taylor) and never got to play on it throughout this entire tour?)

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: August 3, 2013 19:33

Deltics
Green Lady
kwf
Lorenz
Gazza
What's the supposed logic behind making this available for only four weeks? Anyone?confused smiley

Artificially limiting supply and encouraging customers to buy right now. Actually makes sense in my opinion - from a marketing perspective. No doubt the album will be available afterwards as well.

I thought it was a four week exclusive deal with Itunes....after that it would be available at the other usual places like Amazon, etc....

I certainly hope so. If it turns out to be a true limited-edition it will be very unfair and extremely annoying - but I think they just wanted to score an I-Tunes No.1 by concentrating all the purchases there for a while.
Green Lady, email me.

Deltics, you have mail.

Date: August 3, 2013 19:40

Green Lady
Deltics
Green Lady
kwf
Lorenz
Gazza

Green Lady, email me.

Deltics, you have mail.

Seen and replied.

Posted by: GOO ()
Date: August 3, 2013 20:00

Love the sound

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: August 4, 2013 01:19

Thanks for the great covers, Deltics. smiling smiley

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: August 4, 2013 02:04

Peaks on the charts so far:

#19 Worldwide (38,000 copies sold according to mediatraffic)

#1 Netherlands (2 weeks at #1)
#2 Norway
#4 Belgium
#9 Denmark
#16 UK
#19 US
#23 Austria
#37 Australia
#41 Ireland

In the US, Hot Rocks is Top 5 on Itunes for 3 days now thanks to price sale and is going to chart again on Billboard next week. Jump Back could chart too, it's on sale on Amazon currently at #9 there.

One of the Best Gimmie Shelter performances
Posted by: Mattty7619 ()
Date: August 5, 2013 23:39

Is from the hyde park concert on itunes. Fantastic mix!

Hyde Park Live - Possible CD version?
Posted by: BlackHat ()
Date: August 7, 2013 21:32

It would be nice to have a physical album from the tour.

Re: Hyde Park Live - Possible CD version?
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: August 7, 2013 22:00

BlackHat

I would like to have it on DVD / Blu-ray first.

The best would be a box like that:

DVD 1: should contain the both O2 shows combined to include Bill Wyman

DVD 2: combined best of the 2013 shows adding up to a full performance

DVD 3: combined version of the 2 Hyde Park shows

DVD 4: Crossfire Hurricane Part 2 1983-2013

All DVDs should contain some Bonus material in order to use the available space.

Audio-CDs could be available separately, similar to 'Shine A Light', 'Live Licks', 'Rock'n'Roll Circus', 'Flashpoint', etc.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2013-08-08 13:10 by Irix.

Re: Hyde Park Live - Possible CD version?
Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: August 7, 2013 22:18

BlackHat

Don't worry it will be available in September or October - most likely. (There's already an official CD quality version available for download on a few online music retailers.)

“The Rolling Stones – Hyde Park Live” is at number one in the iTunes charts world-wide!
Posted by: SebastianHass ()
Date: August 8, 2013 11:12

The “50 and Counting” tour is almost over and already the Stones are setting a new trend, as far as their reputation is concerned, which is consistent with their old and new status as a live band.

[groundreport.com]

Re: “The Rolling Stones – Hyde Park Live” is at number one in the iTunes charts world-wide!
Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: August 8, 2013 13:46

Steve Ellery: “Mick Jagger knew very well that many fans wanted to see Mick Taylor again. In reality, it was they who brought him back!” In most of the books about the Stones, this exceptional guitarist is rarely mentioned.

Good "us"!grinning smiley

Anyway, even though I haven't purchased the item, it is always hearth-warming to see the Stones reaching #1.

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-08-08 13:47 by Doxa.

Re: “The Rolling Stones – Hyde Park Live” is at number one in the iTunes charts world-wide!
Date: August 8, 2013 13:54

It's the first live album I own, where I was present myself - THAT IS a good feeling, I tell you!

Congrats with a well-deserved #1 to the Stones smileys with beer

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: August 8, 2013 14:12

That should be the biggest reason continuing "on tour" a bit here and there.

They are the best.

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: August 8, 2013 14:13

Where did you get that from ?

[www.apple.com]

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: August 8, 2013 14:41

Hey Sebastian, are you the Sebastian Haß who wrote the book ?

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: August 8, 2013 15:16

DandelionPowderman
It's the first live album I own, where I was present myself - THAT IS a good feeling, I tell you!

For the same reason, I won't buy the album...

- Doxa

Date: August 8, 2013 15:41

Doxa
DandelionPowderman

- Doxa

He he, in a way I can understand that, too.

A couple of odd choices on the album, though. IORR the first night was way better, and Doom And Gloom must have been a train wreck on the second night, since they kept the first rendition, which almost fell apart towards the end. But it's rock'n'roll anyway, and I like that version, with warts and all thumbs up

Posted by: Wroclaw ()
Date: August 8, 2013 15:54

DandelionPowderman
Doxa
DandelionPowderman

- Doxa

A couple of odd choices on the album, though. IORR the first night was way better, and Doom And Gloom must have been a train wreck on the second night, since they kept the first rendition, which almost fell apart towards the end. But it's rock'n'roll anyway, and I like that version, with warts and all thumbs up

Several tracks that were included in the live album are the opposite ones to those people here on the forum agreed to be the best. I guess that in some case the line recordings of version X sounded better than the other, despite the fact the 2nd sounded better to the crowd. I personally thought GS/HP1, Satisfaction/HP2 and (certainly) JJF/HP2 were superior to those of the other shows - still all 3 were included as the inferior version - or so it seems.

Anyway: GS, for instance, sounds MUSICALLY great on the album version (HP2) - definitely if we ignore Lisa's vocal inappropriate improvisation ("Kissaway-kissaway..."). Might indeed be that thats what has been taken into consideration. Same said by others here about MR/HP1 VS. MR/HP2 - a issue I can give no input about as I personally dislike that song.

I guess I would have to dig into the bootleg world soon and look for a good full HP2 recording.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-08-08 15:55 by Wroclaw.

Date: August 8, 2013 15:56

Wroclaw
DandelionPowderman
Doxa
DandelionPowderman

- Doxa

Several tracks that were included in the live album are the opposite ones to those people here on the forum agreed to be the best. I guess that in some case the line recordings of version ! sounded better than the other, despite the fact the 2nd sounded better to the crowd. I personally thought GS/HP1, Satisfaction/HP2 and (certainly) JJF/HP2 were superior to those of the other shows - still all 3 were included as the inferior version - or so it seems.

Anyway: GS, for instance, sounds MUSICALLY great on the album version (HP2) - definitely if we ignore Lisa's vocal appropriate improvisation ("Kissaway-kissaway..."). Might indeed be that thats what has been taken into consideration. Same said by others here about MR/HP1 VS. MR/HP2 - a issue I can give no input about as I personally dislike that song.

I guess I would have to dig into the bootleg world soon and look for a good full HP2 recording.

Yeah, true. However, the intro on GS on HP1 was butchered a bit by Keith.

He had timing problems with his JJF intro on HP1 as well, but that was easier for Clearmountain to fix, seemingly smiling smiley

Date: August 8, 2013 16:01

DandelionPowderman
Doxa
DandelionPowderman

- Doxa

Actually I was surprised how well "Doom & Gloom" worked at the second show, and even more pleased I was of the crowd reaction. At least people around me knew the lyrics and were sing-alonging... (Hmm... I should finally write that review of the show...). Maybe that sort of thing might signal something to Jagger's direction as well (and who knows, might have something to do with the latest turn of events in rumours thread...winking smiley)

- Doxa

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-08-08 16:03 by Doxa.

Date: August 8, 2013 16:05

Doxa
DandelionPowderman
Doxa
DandelionPowderman

- Doxa

Actually I was surprised how well "Doom & Gloom" worked at the second show, and even more pleased I was of the crowd reaction. At least people around me knew the lyrics and were sing-alonging... (Hmm... I should finally write that review of the show...). Maybe that sort of thing might signal something to Jagger's direction as well (and who knows, might have something to do with the latest turn of events in rumours thread...winking smiley)

- Doxa

That was definitely the case with Doom And Gloom on HP1 as well.

It was a singalong from the first verse and on - a bit touching, really smiling smiley

Posted by: Wroclaw ()
Date: August 8, 2013 16:11

Doxa
DandelionPowderman
Doxa
DandelionPowderman

- Doxa

- Doxa

When I first heard the song back in 2012 I was thinking to myself "oh god... they are not trying to write a retro-classic R&R song like they did with RaHP back in the 80s, ha?". Felt a bit embarrassed as a Stones fan. A day before HP2 I went to some meeting in an office in Hanover Sq. and the song played on the radio and suddenly sounded good... maybe it was as I was going to the HP "free" evening of that Friday soon after? The next day on the train to London I actually spent time with some App. I downloaded learning the lyrics of D&G, while listening to the song. Then at the show it caught me... Now I listen to it every time it get caught in the loop in my MP3 "random play" list from the RS playlist I actually listen to it - not shuffle on like with SMU or IORR...

Posted by: RG ()
Date: August 8, 2013 16:15

What happened with the intro of JJF.. Sounds bad to me.. Too slow, like Keith is searching for the right strings..?!confused smiley

Is it from the first or second show? Was there at the first, can't remember it.. So I guess it's from july 13th.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819Next
Current Page: 17 of 19

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1060
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home