Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2728293031323334353637Next
Current Page: 34 of 37
Re: Glastonbury 29-June-2013 Rolling Stones show live updates
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: July 3, 2013 01:13

Longtime Stones photographer Brian Rasic has posted some pictures on Facebook. Great shot of Keith.

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: IrisC ()
Date: July 3, 2013 02:35

This was a great performance by the Stones. All of you so called critics on this board make me laugh. You act like your in some super band. Oh Keith missed this note, Micks voice was flat. The bottom line is let's all hope at 70 years old we can walk let alone entertain tens of thousands of people. Get off this board and follow Justin Beiber or one of those "great" entertainers who won't be remembered five years from now, let alone fifty.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: July 3, 2013 02:41

BeautifulBuzz
Vote for the stones!! Currently No.2

POLL: WHO WAS THE BEST BAND OR ARTIST AT GLASTONBURY 2013?

[www.gigwise.com]

Just voted but the Stones are not doing too bad, a Glasto mile in front of the Monkeys

Poll: Who was the best band or artist at Glastonbury 2013?

Voted TOP 5
1. Rolling Stones : 8.2/10
2. Arctic Monkeys : 5.7/10
3. Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds : 5.6/10

Posted by: three16 ()
Date: July 3, 2013 04:06

IrisC
This was a great performance by the Stones. All of you so called critics on this board make me laugh. You act like your in some super band. Oh Keith missed this note, Micks voice was flat. The bottom line is let's all hope at 70 years old we can walk let alone entertain tens of thousands of people. Get off this board and follow Justin Beiber or one of those "great" entertainers who won't be remembered five years from now, let alone fifty.

Blood raw. Thank you this. Awesome post.

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: July 3, 2013 05:05

Glastonbury: Mumford & Sons, Arctic Monkeys, Rolling Stones see album sales rise

Glastonbury headliners Mumford & Sons and The Rolling Stones have experienced a big rise in sales this week.

Mumford & Sons - who headlined the final night of this weekend's festival - have seen a 384% increase compared to last week for their second album Babel, according to data from the Official Charts Company.

Babel is currently sitting on top of the UK Midweek album chart after two days' worth of sales this week, while debut album Sigh No More has had a 360% increase to number eight.

Arctic Monkeys' headlining slot on Friday has seen all four of their albums climb into the top 100. Their debut Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not has had a massive 8,431% increase to number 15. Favourite Worst Nightmare sits at 34, Suck It and See is at 40, while Humbug is at 75.

The Rolling Stones' long-awaited headline appearance on Saturday has also handed them chart success. Their recent collection Grrr! has climbed 49-17 with a sales increase of 334% while 'Jump Back: The Best Of The Rolling Stones' is up 112% climbing 93-38.

The official chart will be released next Sunday at 7 p.m.

[www.nme.com]

[www.digitalspy.co.uk]

Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: July 3, 2013 09:44

After seeing the videos from miss you to satisfaction all i can say is OLE!!! OLE!!! Y OLE!!! OLE TUS COJONES!!!!
Very nice performance indeed, such a big surprise in all the songs....
Congratulations to thr RS and to the RS' fans!!!

P.S. What else can be said about Mick Jagger???? He overpasses everything...
KR was the best KR in more than 15 years....
Ronnie and Charlie great as ever...

A very honest performance by these guys
Thanks a lot

Posted by: Svartmer ()
Date: July 3, 2013 10:01

three16
IrisC

Yeah, really awesome. Don´t allow people to have opinions if they are the slightest on the negative side. Let us all just praise the Stones and be one big happy family with the right values.

Date: July 3, 2013 10:27

Svartmer
three16
IrisC

Yeah, really awesome. Don´t allow people to have opinions if they are the slightest on the negative side. Let us all just praise the Stones and be one big happy family with the right values.

Of course everybody are entitled to their opinion.

However, one can't expect that constant criticism of something you love will be embraced, though smiling smiley

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: July 3, 2013 10:50

DandelionPowderman
Svartmer
three16
IrisC

However, one can't expect that constant criticism of something you love will be embraced, though smiling smiley

There is criticism in this thread? Oh yeah, if one really seeks hard, one might find some negative-sounding comment, but to me stressing that point starts to sound a bit witch haunting-like... grinning smiley

- Doxa

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: July 3, 2013 11:02

It's great that people are still talking about the Stones gig on Wednesday after Glastonbury.
So glad there's plenty of memorable videos out there.
Roll on Hyde Park and I'll be eagerly watching on IORR for another great performance and setlist. >grinning smiley<

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: July 3, 2013 11:34

Doxa
DandelionPowderman
Svartmer
three16
IrisC

There is criticism in this thread? Oh yeah, if one really seeks hard, one might find some negative-sounding comment, but to me stressing that point starts to sound a bit witch haunting-like... grinning smiley

- Doxa

i'm very critical of them
however it's a downer for people who just went to see a show a want to bask in the afterglow by participating in the "live update" thread to see a bunch of nit-picking
i try to keep my negative thoughts off the live update thread.

Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: July 3, 2013 14:08

I even enjoyed warhorses like brown sugar, sympathy, satisfaction, tumbling.................. i previously thought it was more of the very same thing. But i changed my opinion. They were great to death. Such a surprise

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: July 3, 2013 14:15

So they blew the whole American tour and waited to surprise us at Glastonbury? How clever!

Date: July 3, 2013 14:15

Doxa
DandelionPowderman
Svartmer
three16
IrisC

- Doxa

I dunno. I was refering to IrisC and Svartmer's posts...

Date: July 3, 2013 14:28

sonomastone

however it's a downer for people who just went to see a show a want to bask in the afterglow by participating in the "live update" thread to see a bunch of nit-picking
i try to keep my negative thoughts off the live update thread.

That's a good principle. I also try to follow that.

But this thread has been expect..exceptional in the sense that there have not been many negative comments. Mostly the critical comments come from the people who were not in the show but have been following it second-hand via setlists, youtube videos etc. For most of the people who did attend the shows, it has been a success all the time. Now the both sides seem to sing the same tune. (I mean, if we read only the reports of any show by IORRians, its sounds like every show was as great as any other).

- Doxa

Date: July 3, 2013 14:31

Best gig ever.

Date: July 3, 2013 14:39

kleermaker
Best gig ever.

Our leading cheerleader. Keep up the good work!grinning smiley

- Doxa

Posted by: Svartmer ()
Date: July 3, 2013 14:46

DandelionPowderman
Doxa
DandelionPowderman
Svartmer
three16
IrisC

- Doxa

I can´t see any "constant critisism" in this thread and I don´t believe the people here are longing to be embraced for what they write. I just thought that silly remark "get off this board and follow Justin Bieber" was a bit too much.

Posted by: richie26188 ()
Date: July 3, 2013 14:53

kleermaker
So they blew the whole American tour and waited to surprise us at Glastonbury? How clever!

Arena shows all blur into one, Glastonbury was a very special one off gig. The Stones/Glastonbury saga has been rambling on for decades - two massive chunks of British music heritage finally coming together.

If you look at the hype surrounding it its easy to see this was not an ordinary gig. They had to raise the bar and had to take a few chances. First time in a long long time they've played so far out of their comfort zone but boy did they deliver

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: July 3, 2013 15:30

Svartmer
DandelionPowderman
Doxa
DandelionPowderman
Svartmer
three16
IrisC

- Doxa

I can´t see any "constant critisism" in this thread and I don´t believe the people here are longing to be embraced for what they write. I just thought that silly remark "get off this board and follow Justin Bieber" was a bit too much.

Ya think? Oh, just a little. These mean-spirited retorts to criticism pop up all the time and are usually seething with far more troll-like vitriol than all but the most "bashing" of comments. They are birds of a feather with the mindless bashers, and equally deserving of scorn.

I agree that hammering away at criticism in a live report thread is being a killjoy, but once the show is in the rear view it is time for reassessment with the benefit of hindsight.

And can we please agree that you don't have to "be there" to have a valid opinion.

Does anyone think the only people qualified to comment on, let's say, Perth 1973, are the ones who were actually there?

Ridiculous.

Most people commenting here have listened to dozens upon dozens of shows from numerous tours in all forms of recording quality and know what to listen for and are perfectly capable of putting forth an informed opinion.

There are not only Stones fans here but Stones connoisseurs as well.
We know our vintages.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-03 15:48 by andrewt.

Posted by: 68to72 ()
Date: July 3, 2013 15:54

richie26188

Arena shows all blur into one, Glastonbury was a very special one off gig. The Stones/Glastonbury saga has been rambling on for decades - two massive chunks of British music heritage finally coming together.

If you look at the hype surrounding it its easy to see this was not an ordinary gig. They had to raise the bar and had to take a few chances. First time in a long long time they've played so far out of their comfort zone but boy did they deliver

thumbs up Dont know what it was but that Glastonbury gig WAS just special!

Well for me anyway

What a drag it is gettin' old

Date: July 3, 2013 15:58

Svartmer
DandelionPowderman
Doxa
DandelionPowderman
Svartmer
three16
IrisC

- Doxa

I meant in general, not particularly in this thread.

If someone is ridiculing what I like, I should be just as free to say what I think about the criticism smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-03 15:59 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: July 3, 2013 15:58

When the Stones do their best, they are by far the best live act in the world. When the Stones are "in a rut" (which, on some nights, does happen to every act being on tour), the band is still a really charming act, that just allow us to cancel the worlds "by far" or allow as to draw comparisons between them and a few other bands...

Once again: The general level of their performances during the recent northamerican tour's leg had "announced" the amazing concert at Glasto. No surprise, to me. Not at all.

Date: July 3, 2013 18:18

DandelionPowderman
The video is still up:

0:21:47 - 0:21:52

After the start of the song was, let's say "a little less", Mr J looked VERY relieved with Charlie's timing after the break here. He even gets a thumb up from him and gets a big smile as answer.

Nice intercommunicational situation between the two of them which probably noone else noticed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-03 18:21 by TimeWaitsforNooooOne.

Posted by: Ross ()
Date: July 3, 2013 20:14

An AUD recording of the complete show is now up on Dime.

Date: July 3, 2013 22:26

Ross
An AUD recording of the complete show is now up on Dime.

Even two. At least one with very good sound quality.

Posted by: pepganzo ()
Date: July 3, 2013 22:56

bye bye johnny
Longtime Stones photographer Brian Rasic has posted some pictures on Facebook. Great shot of Keith.

[www.facebook.com]

Very nice picture.thumbs up

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: July 3, 2013 23:33

IRISC, appreciated your post re "You act like you're in some super band."

Some often knowledgable guys here have really gone over the top in their thoughts on the 2013 gigs.

I've spent a lot of my life around top bands...on tour, in rehearsal and in the studio. And I've never heard professional musicians talk this way. They go for emotion and feeling...not "perfection." As I always say, "It's NOT a contest." Or a war of insults after the show.

Anyone who believes members of the Stones personally read most of these posts is living in a dream world. They're living their lives...not hanging on strangers or fan posts.

Date: July 3, 2013 23:47

stonesrule
IRISC, appreciated your post re "You act like you're in some super band."

Some often knowledgable guys here have really gone over the top in their thoughts on the 2013 gigs.

I've spent a lot of my life around top bands...on tour, in rehearsal and in the studio. And I've never heard professional musicians talk this way. They go for emotion and feeling...not "perfection." As I always say, "It's NOT a contest." Or a war of insults after the show.

Anyone who believes members of the Stones personally read most of these posts is living in a dream world. They're living their lives...not hanging on strangers or fan posts.

I dunno if I am one of the posters you are referring to, but I thought this was a good post smiling smiley

Posted by: angee ()
Date: July 4, 2013 01:35

laertisflash
When the Stones do their best, they are by far the best live act in the world. When the Stones are "in a rut" (which, on some nights, does happen to every act being on tour), the band is still a really charming act, that just allow us to cancel the worlds "by far" or allow as to draw comparisons between them and a few other bands...

Once again: The general level of their performances during the recent northamerican tour's leg had "announced" the amazing concert at Glasto. No surprise, to me. Not at all.

I like this, laertisflash, so true, especially the last paragraph. Still gratifying though.

~"Love is Strong"~

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2728293031323334353637Next
Current Page: 34 of 37

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1384
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home