Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2728293031323334353637Next
Current Page: 35 of 37
Re: Glastonbury 29-June-2013 Rolling Stones show live updates
Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: July 4, 2013 03:53

TimeWaitsforNooooOne

After the start of the song was, let's say "a little less", Mr J looked VERY relieved with Charlie's timing after the break here. He even gets a thumb up from him and gets a big smile as answer.

Nice intercommunicational situation between the two of them which probably noone else noticed.

I love that moment during the break where Jagger doesn't know where the song is at. You can here him say "Where we at?" twice and then start to whisper "Ronnie! Ronnie!" because it's his turn to play that little rif. I'm pretty sure Ronnie what to do anyway. And then that moment with Charlie, priceless!!!

Cheers,
Wuudy

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: July 4, 2013 06:42

If this isn't on DVD soon I will be angry

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: July 4, 2013 10:57

Thanks, angee. Glad to see we have the same opinion on that.

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: July 4, 2013 12:27

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-04 12:40 by Wild Slivovitz.

Date: July 4, 2013 16:17

Thanks for posting! thumbs up

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: July 4, 2013 20:32

Stones get 700 000 views on BBC iPlayer accourding to this Guardian article.

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: July 4, 2013 21:55

Broadcast seems to be back (for now):

Posted by: Bärs ()
Date: July 4, 2013 23:20

I think that Glastonbury was the gig when Darryl Jones finally understood how to play with the Stones. Better late than never..

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: July 4, 2013 23:27

Sales of Grrr tripled after their glasto gig.
Jump back doubled.

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: July 4, 2013 23:30

Bärs
I think that Glastonbury was the gig when Darryl Jones finally understood how to play with the Stones. Better late than never..

His playing on 2000 Light Years is PERFECT. Much better than Steel Wheels, even with Mick singing off key for the first part.. Btw that was an in-ear monitor issue. He couldn't hear himself.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: July 4, 2013 23:44

flacnvinyl
Bärs

His playing on 2000 Light Years is PERFECT. Much better than Steel Wheels, even with Mick singing off key for the first part.. Btw that was an in-ear monitor issue. He couldn't hear himself.

I could him him singing.....................why couldn't he?...........in '73 they didn't use ear---------what ever they called it

Date: July 5, 2013 00:35

flacnvinyl
Bärs

He lays down a nice groove in "Ramber", I think. Especially the jam part. He and Charlie give Taylor a nice bottom to "walk" on.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: July 5, 2013 01:15

Darryl is the perfect bass player for The Rolling Stones.
Only other one that would fit in...............and add a bit of female glamour is Tal Wilkenfeld.
She is a great bass guitarist. >grinning smiley<

Posted by: three16 ()
Date: July 5, 2013 01:23

sonomastone
Doxa
DandelionPowderman
Svartmer
three16
IrisC
This was a great performance by the Stones. All of you so called critics on this board make me laugh. You act like your in some super band. Oh Keith missed this note, Micks voice was flat. The bottom line is let's all hope at 70 years old we can walk let alone entertain tens of thousands of people. Get off this board and follow Justin Beiber or one of those "great" entertainers who won't be remembered five years from now, let alone fifty.

Blood raw. Thank you this. Awesome post.

Yeah, really awesome. Don´t allow people to have opinions if they are the slightest on the negative side. Let us all just praise the Stones and be one big happy family with the right values.

Of course everybody are entitled to their opinion.

However, one can't expect that constant criticism of something you love will be embraced, though smiling smiley

There is criticism in this thread? Oh yeah, if one really seeks hard, one might find some negative-sounding comment, but to me stressing that point starts to sound a bit witch haunting-like... grinning smiley

- Doxa

i'm very critical of them
however it's a downer for people who just went to see a show a want to bask in the afterglow by participating in the "live update" thread to see a bunch of nit-picking
i try to keep my negative thoughts off the live update thread.

Exactly. It was the nit-picking bit that I agreed with the most in the post I quoted. I think who I quoted felt the same. At least that's how I perceived it. I don't mind opinions to which I don't agree with and usually won't reply with comments about them. But, that nit-picking is sometimes just ridiculous. Sometimes I wonder if those type posts are only left with the intent to stir the soup per say. I feel assured by their performance that the band feels they performed really well too. Most of us know they're known for NOT... overly nit-picking themselves. It's only Rock & Roll.

Date: July 5, 2013 02:05

crawdaddy
Darryl is the perfect bass player for The Rolling Stones.
Only other one that would fit in...............and add a bit of female glamour is Tal Wilkenfeld.
She is a great bass guitarist. >grinning smiley<

Saw her from 10 feet away, with Jeff Beck at Irving Plaza. Extraordinary talent. Would love to see her as a "special guest".

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: July 5, 2013 02:41

Can't You Hear Me Knocking

Date: July 5, 2013 11:10

This version puts dark clouds over the image I had of this show...

I sincerely hope it's the rotten sound mix in this recording that does it, but I'm not sure.

Thanks for posting anyway, kleerie thumbs up

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: July 5, 2013 11:12

DandelionPowderman

I sincerely hope it's the rotten sound mix in this recording that does it, but I'm not sure.

charlie is so good.... that's what i take away from this. (not that there was any doubt.)

Date: July 5, 2013 11:48

sonomastone
DandelionPowderman

charlie is so good.... that's what i take away from this. (not that there was any doubt.)

Even Charlie was out there a couple of times grinning smiley But he is indeed great on this one.

Posted by: CalGonz ()
Date: July 5, 2013 12:17

Rotten soundmix on most of the footage I've seen.

It was alright on the night I tellsya.

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: July 5, 2013 12:19

CalGonz

i'm still getting used to the idea of everything instantly available via youtube as soon as it's played

but having been to a show on this tour, i'm confident in saying that the youtube versions don't sound anything like what it's like at the actual show.

Date: July 5, 2013 12:24

sonomastone
CalGonz

i'm still getting used to the idea of everything instantly available via youtube as soon as it's played

but having been to a show on this tour, i'm confident in saying that the youtube versions don't sound anything like what it's like at the actual show.

Was flabbergasted when I heard that people not at the festival thought they were poor.

It was genuinely incredible.

Look at the Stones threads on the Glastonbury Chat form. Everyone - OK 99% of everyone - who saw them thought they were amazing.

Date: July 5, 2013 12:29

Posted by: still ill ()
Date: July 5, 2013 13:31

DandelionPowderman

Keith obviously has problems with playing this, the intro and the little guitar link has never sounded right and he barely manages it at all here. Never quite understood why he doesn't go for a Rambler type distortion on it rather than playing pretty clean, it would give him more time to nail it.

Posted by: Svartmer ()
Date: July 5, 2013 13:54

sonomastone
DandelionPowderman

I was going to write something less flattering about Charlies drumming on this version, but since I don´t want to get off this board and listen to Justin Bieber, I rethought.

Posted by: still ill ()
Date: July 5, 2013 14:19

CalGonz
sonomastone
CalGonz

Was flabbergasted when I heard that people not at the festival thought they were poor.

It was genuinely incredible.

Look at the Stones threads on the Glastonbury Chat form. Everyone - OK 99% of everyone - who saw them thought they were amazing.

I think half the problem was that the tv coverage began with Miss You, Rambler and 2000 Light Years, a pretty underwhelming start for the average viewer, especially considering all the hype. Add to that the bland audio with which the band chose to present themselves. The fact that from Sympathy onwards it was clearly excellent, was kind of lost amongst all the online critisism.

Seemingly, the only people at the festival who thought it was no good were presenting on BBC2 at the time!

Date: July 5, 2013 14:34

Svartmer
sonomastone
DandelionPowderman

I was going to write something less flattering about Charlies drumming on this version, but since I don´t want to get off this board and listen to Justin Bieber, I rethought.

I did it for you smiling smiley

Posted by: svt22 ()
Date: July 5, 2013 14:51

Bärs

I'd rather think that Chuck or Jagger told him to hit the metal a bit more, "but not too much please"!!

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: July 5, 2013 15:05

"Sales of Grrr tripled after their glasto gig. Jump back doubled"

Yes, BowieStone, also Georgelicks noticed how Glasto gig affected these compilation's sales. And, you know, "Grrr!" had already sold very well in the UK. I think "Grrr!" sales is a really interesting figure: Another one Stones compilation, a 3 Disc expensive one, a compilation that is considered as useless by a huge part of the fan base, have already sold 1.4 million copies if not more (Georgelicks knows the exact number, of course). What does a number of 1,400,000 - 1,500,000 copies sold mean today? Just think that, according to Global Chart ("Media- Traffic"), in 2012 any album that sold such a number of copies had a position on the Top 25 succesfull albums of the whole (particular) year.

"Grrr!" sold very well worldwide, 2.5 million people watched the Stones (Glasto) on BBC TV... I think the so called general public sompething positive "says"...

Date: July 5, 2013 15:27

still ill
I think half the problem was that the tv coverage began with Miss You, Rambler and 2000 Light Years, a pretty underwhelming start for the average viewer, especially considering all the hype. Add to that the bland audio with which the band chose to present themselves. The fact that from Sympathy onwards it was clearly excellent, was kind of lost amongst all the online critisism.

Seemingly, the only people at the festival who thought it was no good were presenting on BBC2 at the time!

Should have stuck with not televising it. Word of mouth on it would have been fantastic and enough in itself.

Though, oddly, Miss You was one of my own personal highlights of the set.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2728293031323334353637Next
Current Page: 35 of 37

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1866
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home