Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2728293031323334353637Next
Current Page: 36 of 37
Re: Glastonbury 29-June-2013 Rolling Stones show live updates
Posted by: svt22 ()
Date: July 5, 2013 15:53

kleermaker
Can't You Hear Me Knocking

Thanks for posting Kleer, it's not only Taylor who's getting old. A therapeutic post winking smiley

Posted by: still ill ()
Date: July 5, 2013 16:10

CalGonz
still ill
I think half the problem was that the tv coverage began with Miss You, Rambler and 2000 Light Years, a pretty underwhelming start for the average viewer, especially considering all the hype. Add to that the bland audio with which the band chose to present themselves. The fact that from Sympathy onwards it was clearly excellent, was kind of lost amongst all the online critisism.

Seemingly, the only people at the festival who thought it was no good were presenting on BBC2 at the time!

Should have stuck with not televising it. Word of mouth on it would have been fantastic and enough in itself.

Though, oddly, Miss You was one of my own personal highlights of the set.

Best thing would have been to let the Beeb deal with the sound, and show the set from the beginning to maybe Wild Horses, cutting in live from Sympathy onwards. I think that's what was done for The Arctic Monkeys set, or similar

Anyway as Mick said, he was doing the show for the crowd not tv.

Posted by: Blackdog ()
Date: July 5, 2013 17:41

kleermaker

Although the sound mix isn't very good I like this version. It seems like he plays a little closer to the original recording. I don't want it to sound like that exactly, but this has a blend of everything.

Listening to it once, I think it is up there with the LA show. I was at Chicago 2 and Philadelphia 2. Hopefully, we will get this version with better sound.

Thanks again Kleermaker!

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: July 5, 2013 18:06

Blackdog
kleermaker

Although the sound mix isn't very good I like this version. It seems like he plays a little closer to the original recording. I don't want it to sound like that exactly, but this has a blend of everything.

Listening to it once, I think it is up there with the LA show. I was at Chicago 2 and Philadelphia 2. Hopefully, we will get this version with better sound.

Thanks again Kleermaker!

You're welcome Blackie. I agree with you. As for the sound mix: we're spoiled! I'm used to the old bootlegs that were recorded without almost professional equipment. I love the Taylor solo. It takes a couple of listens, like all good music. The way he's exploring the possibilities is interesting to me. Music is about feel and emotion, not about perfection. Taylor still has that feel and lyrical approach. That's what I love in his playing.

Date: July 5, 2013 18:55

It is about feeling and emotion. I love the way he plays on this version, he plays off the original and creates some new sounds as well. Exciting but dangerous! That's what I like about him, you don't know what he will play.
He can still play though, maybe they will work him in more if the tour continues. If so, I think Taylor will even play better. I am not looking for 72 tour days though, it's unrealistic. I just want to feel a good vibe in the music he plays.

There has to be a better sound quality out there.

I actually feel like flying to London for the second show!

Are you going?

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: July 5, 2013 19:01

I like it... Very British... Taylor goes completely outside at times . He is very brave...

Date: July 5, 2013 19:17

Blackdog
It is about feeling and emotion. I love the way he plays on this version, he plays off the original and creates some new sounds as well. Exciting but dangerous! That's what I like about him, you don't know what he will play.
He can still play though, maybe they will work him in more if the tour continues. If so, I think Taylor will even play better. I am not looking for 72 tour days though, it's unrealistic. I just want to feel a good vibe in the music he plays.

There has to be a better sound quality out there.

I actually feel like flying to London for the second show!

Are you going?

So far this is the best sound quality available. But who knows will a better version appear one of these days.

Circumstances prevent me from going. But I would love to go IF Taylor appeared on more songs than during the American tour. I hope they play SFTD the way they did 44 years ago with extended solo's by both Taylor and Keith.

Date: July 5, 2013 19:32

I would like to hear SFTD as well with Taylor. I don't care for the modern day version.
Maybe we will get lucky and hear Love in Vain.

Date: July 5, 2013 19:36

Blackdog
I would like to hear SFTD as well with Taylor. I don't care for the modern day version.
Maybe we will get lucky and hear Love in Vain.

Just read this on MailOnline:

"Jagger has already confirmed that his band will play the same songs as the 1969 gig, including Jumpin' Jack Flash, Midnight Rambler, (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction, Honky Tonk Women, Street Fighting Man, and an 18-minute version of Sympathy for the Devil."

If Taylor doesn't play on that long version it'll be a bloody shame.

Date: July 5, 2013 20:06

If they play SFTD for 18 minutes I'm hoping he will be included. I may be flying into London if the first show is like this!

Do you have a link?

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: July 5, 2013 20:19

Date: July 5, 2013 20:47

Blackdog
If they play SFTD for 18 minutes I'm hoping he will be included. I may be flying into London if the first show is like this!

Do you have a link?

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

Posted by: bigtyke66 ()
Date: July 5, 2013 21:01

It will be truly amazing if they start off with "I'm Yours And I'm Hers". My brother will be at Hyde Park tomorrow--I'm very jealous!

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: July 5, 2013 21:23

kleermaker
Blackdog

Do you have a link?

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

he's joking. he's making fun of how their setlist is very 60's-heavy.

Posted by: Scooby ()
Date: July 5, 2013 22:05

I was out of the UK last weekend so didn't see the gig live on BBC but recorded it via my PVR. I watched it last night.

Reading this thread , it strikes me that it's one of those "you had to be there" gigs.

I felt the BBC coverage portrayed a flat performance. The cameras seemed preoccupied with Mick and the dynamism of a Stones gig was not conveyed. Friends and colleagues who watched the live TV coverage and know of my Stones obsession were disappointed and a couple accused me of laying on the BS when I've said what a great live act the Stones are.

I'm a veteran of 24 Stones gigs; the first Hyde Park gig will be my 25th. I just know that Hyde Park will be so much better, a proper Stones gig. I'd have loved to have been at Glasto, buy for me the two O2 gigs were a hell of a lot better.

Date: July 5, 2013 23:34

Scooby
I was out of the UK last weekend so didn't see the gig live on BBC but recorded it via my PVR. I watched it last night.

Reading this thread , it strikes me that it's one of those "you had to be there" gigs.

I felt the BBC coverage portrayed a flat performance. The cameras seemed preoccupied with Mick and the dynamism of a Stones gig was not conveyed. Friends and colleagues who watched the live TV coverage and know of my Stones obsession were disappointed and a couple accused me of laying on the BS when I've said what a great live act the Stones are.

I'm a veteran of 24 Stones gigs; the first Hyde Park gig will be my 25th. I just know that Hyde Park will be so much better, a proper Stones gig. I'd have loved to have been at Glasto, buy for me the two O2 gigs were a hell of a lot better.

Here's Midnight Rambler

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: July 6, 2013 01:55

CalGonz
still ill
I think half the problem was that the tv coverage began with Miss You, Rambler and 2000 Light Years, a pretty underwhelming start for the average viewer, especially considering all the hype. Add to that the bland audio with which the band chose to present themselves. The fact that from Sympathy onwards it was clearly excellent, was kind of lost amongst all the online critisism.

Seemingly, the only people at the festival who thought it was no good were presenting on BBC2 at the time!

Should have stuck with not televising it. Word of mouth on it would have been fantastic and enough in itself.

Though, oddly, Miss You was one of my own personal highlights of the set.

It doesn't matter what the television audience thinks, because the historic element of the event was not the broadcast, but the event itself. The fact that their performance generated a 3-fold increase in sales of two of their recent compilation releases speaks for itself. Had they not intrigued so many festival goers with such a stellar set, they would not have generated such a bump in sales. It is safe to say that BBC viewers were not among those who were inspired to purchase these Stones releases. Most of the online comments of people who weren't there reflect a clearly jaded, ageist attitude, and people who hold such views will see what they want to see and hear what they want to hear and will not enjoy the band no matter how good they sound or how solidly they play.

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: July 6, 2013 02:40

Here, in Athens (Greece), a rock radio station transmited the set from "Miss You" to "Satisfaction" and the producer was really entrenced with their performances. Especially YCAGWYW and "Satisfaction". "That's stirs the blood", he said...

Posted by: MILKYWAY ()
Date: July 6, 2013 04:00

b

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-06 04:17 by MILKYWAY.

Posted by: MILKYWAY ()
Date: July 6, 2013 04:02

a

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-06 04:16 by MILKYWAY.

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: July 6, 2013 06:42

Listening through the show while driving home.. surprisingly the best Doom and Gloom I have heard! I haven't heard Pittsburg yet so maybe I will change my mind in the future.. just the right balance between swagger and tight drums and bass.

Posted by: BeautifulBuzz ()
Date: July 6, 2013 07:25

Rolling Stones send special package to baby born at Glastonbury after excitement of their show

The parents were stunned when they received a parcel from the legendary rockers stuffed with merchandise and a ‘congratulations’ card

[www.mirror.co.uk]

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: July 6, 2013 10:54

What, no copy of GRRR!?--Cheap bastards!

Posted by: gipsy12 ()
Date: July 14, 2013 10:39

Nice video smiling smiley

Glastonbury Girl

Posted by: Reagan ()
Date: July 17, 2013 07:48

kleermaker

[youtu.be]

Thanks, Kleermaker.

Well they did it. They finally nailed the jam. Amazing.

So cool...

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-17 07:54 by Reagan.

Posted by: Ladykiller ()
Date: July 19, 2013 00:42

Glastonbury - Full Concert

hot smiley hot smiley hot smiley hot smiley hot smiley hot smiley hot smiley hot smiley hot smiley hot smiley hot smiley

Posted by: flairville ()
Date: July 19, 2013 00:51

Seriously, everyone check this out. Best thing I've seen live since Four Flicks. Who'd have thought we'd get something this great in 2013? Love, love, love them.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: July 23, 2013 00:05

Has somebody a another link to the 'full' Glastonbury TS-HD-File [1920x1080i] ?

I know it was on dimeadozen, but there seems at the moment no signup possible.

Unfortunately the full HD-File is not in the 50 & Counting Archive (apart from JJF, Glastonbury Girl) sad smiley

Here yet a alternative link to the full Pro-Shot Version in SD (720x576).

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-23 12:05 by Irix.

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: July 23, 2013 00:48

looks like the whole shows's been taken down..

glad I saw it once

Posted by: Stonesfan16 ()
Date: July 27, 2013 16:42

by the way, I found the whole concert on youtube

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2728293031323334353637Next
Current Page: 36 of 37

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2308
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home