Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4849505152535455565758Next
Current Page: 57 of 58
Re: Rumoured Rolling Stones shows 2013-2014
Posted by: winos ()
Date: November 21, 2013 03:06

No the code was Satisfaction

pool's in but the patio ain't dry

Posted by: jammingedward ()
Date: November 21, 2013 03:08

I used the mobile site and got 2 tix in row H, section A3 in the centre. Sooooo excited!

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: November 21, 2013 03:15

winos
No the code was Satisfaction

I just got 2 texts from the app saying the code was ROCKSOFF (for the Adelaide show)--but as long as y'all got tickets, that's the main thing.

Posted by: jammingedward ()
Date: November 21, 2013 03:20

BROWNSUGAR STARTMEUP and SATISFACTION are all valid codes..

Date: November 21, 2013 03:21

So did I from RS apps password, the frontier touring code word was satisfaction. Very confusing!

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: November 21, 2013 03:37

Section A1, Row A, seats 21-22

Fairly STOKED,

Date: November 21, 2013 03:41

Phew $510 per seat....man that's dedication to look at 70 year olds up close!

I was 5 rows from the front in 2003 in Melb which does give you a completely different perspective - you hear lots of banter between the band.

Date: November 21, 2013 03:41

Just received my third tweet with the passcode, they really want me to go to this thing!

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: November 21, 2013 03:56

winos
Phew $510 per seat....man that's dedication to look at 70 year olds up close!

I was 5 rows from the front in 2003 in Melb which does give you a completely different perspective - you hear lots of banter between the band.

I SAT on stage at Enmore see below posted on IORR review below.....Keiths side so I KNOW what they look like (like, well....ME!) - I am there coz they bloody ROCK like no one else still!

Reviwew by Rod Davies

When a show opens with a 10 minute Midnight Rambler you know its gonna be great. When you get Angus and Malcom Young (AC/DC) on stage for 5-6 minutes of Rock Me Baby, when you get Live with Me, Everybody Needs Somebody to Love, Dead Flowers, No Expectations, and NO Jumping Jack Flash, but rather a closing run including Its Only Rock and Roll, Honky Tonk Woman with Keith on his knees playing the opening riffs one hand in the air, guitar balanced on his knees, Start Me Up, Brown Sugar (BLOODY LOUD and BLOODY LONG) and Satisfaction, when you get Ronnie Wood playing slide guitar on 2 songs whilst seated on a spinning bar stool and not missing a lick, when you get Neighbours, when you get about 500 people standing round the stage sweating and screaming for the whole show and the other 1500 punters in seats all on their feet from second one in a theatre that size, well, it's just gonna be unbeleivable.
So much by-play between Mick and Ronnie and Mick and Keith…and of course all of them with Charlie! They looked really happy to be playing at the Enmore. 3 songs in and Mick says "Its so @#$%& hot in here!"

Keith got bunches of flowers, cigarettes Ronnie and he threw away guitar picks between every song.

I told Lenore, my wife, before the show that if I enjoyed it I was going to extend my stay and go out to the Superdome on Thursday night. At the end of the show I was so-o-o-o whacked out and amazed by what I'd seen and felt and heard that THERE WAS NO WAY I COULD SEE THEM from 200 metres away, so after getting back to our Sydney base at 1.00am, we got up at 5.00am and got on a 6.00am flight and here I am back in Perth!

But the best bit????? Before the Stones there was a support act and for their set I was sitting ON the stage. For the 50 minutes waiting for The Stones to come on I sat there. Just before the Stones came on, a security guard came over and told me to get off, so I did. But, when Keith walked from behind the drum kit playing the opening lick to Midnight Rambler, I jumped BACK UP ON TO THE STAGE AND STAYED THERE for the whole show. I got Mick, Keith and Ronnie stand right over me at various times through the show. Got a high five from Keith.

An absolutely fantastic experience…..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-11-21 04:09 by bitusa2012.

Posted by: DREAMTIME ()
Date: November 21, 2013 08:19

michaelsavage
we need 10 shows at Madison Sq garden

Michael, As a Life-Long New Yorker I can tell you. there is NO MORE MSG!! The Magic is gone!! The renovation removed the "rings" of circulation and was the last arena on earth that still had that design. Now it is just another corporate box arena. It's Over. So please get over it. Barclay Center has better movement options and is black and dark inside. (The Beacon is over too!)

Posted by: pgarof ()
Date: November 21, 2013 09:27

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: November 21, 2013 09:28

michaelsavage
we need 10 shows at Madison Sq garden

Dream on ........... !!

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: rollingon ()
Date: November 21, 2013 10:50

Aquamarine
Either somebody's holding his tummy in or he's getting back in shape--they both look good and ready to rock. smiling smiley

Keith is holding his tummy in but also has lost some weight I think...

Posted by: Karlos123 ()
Date: November 21, 2013 12:05

Anything new on the other cities, dates and venues?

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: November 21, 2013 13:09

Gazza
mnewman505
I just reread this "The South Australian Government chipped in A$450,000 (US$422,520) to lure the band, Premier Jay Weatherill confirmed."

This has to be a half million dollar government subsidy for the entire Australian tour right? Surely they can't mean that amount for one single performance.

Just for this show. I doubt the people of one state would be expected to subsidise a tour for the whole country!

This is really beyond comprehension. I remember that the town of Gothenburg let them hire Ullevi Stadium for nothing to make them choose Gothenburg before Stockholm back in 1998. Greedy bastards!

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: November 21, 2013 13:24

Stoneage
Gazza
mnewman505
I just reread this "The South Australian Government chipped in A$450,000 (US$422,520) to lure the band, Premier Jay Weatherill confirmed."

This has to be a half million dollar government subsidy for the entire Australian tour right? Surely they can't mean that amount for one single performance.

Just for this show. I doubt the people of one state would be expected to subsidise a tour for the whole country!

This is really beyond comprehension. I remember that the town of Gothenburg let them hire Ullevi Stadium for nothing to make them choose Gothenburg before Stockholm back in 1998. Greedy bastards!

I do know that it sounds greeedy and it does not belong to the topic. But the tax received by tourists during the concerts while staying overnight having meals surpasses the free Ullive Stadium by far. In 2003 Stockholm was flocked by international guests for a week. The hotels fully booked and the whole town did a big profit on that week. This will not come again anyway.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: November 21, 2013 16:33

Any more rumours of additional dates would be appreciated. Like others, I would prefer to attend arena shows if possible. Also, the reference to Adelaide as the "start of the second leg" of the tour that begins in Perth is a little dubious. Do we really think that there will be enough Australia/NZ dates to make up a first and second leg?

Do people think that the Sydney and Melbourne dates are more likely to be the week before Adelaide or the week after?

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: November 21, 2013 16:47

drbryant
Any more rumours of additional dates would be appreciated. Like others, I would prefer to attend arena shows if possible. Also, the reference to Adelaide as the "start of the second leg" of the tour that begins in Perth is a little dubious. Do we really think that there will be enough Australia/NZ dates to make up a first and second leg?

Do people think that the Sydney and Melbourne dates are more likely to be the week before Adelaide or the week after?

The first and second leg thing is maybe due to logistics or possibly some kind of contractual deal with the promoters of the Adelaide gig not to have any other Aussie shows around the same time (I'm only guessing that bit, I should emphasise). After all, there are two different promoters for this leg, arent there?

There are expected to be arena shows in Sydney, Melbourne and Perth. There are rumours that the Melbourne area show(s) may in fact be an outdoor event at Hanging Rock, but I dont know how much validity that one has.

It could conceivably be that they could play Asian dates in between the two (short) Aussie legs. If they're taking a holiday, I hope there's some clause in their contract that Keith stays away from trees.

Posted by: rollingon ()
Date: November 21, 2013 17:21

Tree In The Night...

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: November 21, 2013 17:23

Gazza
... clause in their contract that Keith stays away from trees.

smiling smiley

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Sitting or Standing tickets for the new tour?
Posted by: benstones ()
Date: November 21, 2013 03:45

For the Adelaide show, it looks like all the categories that they propose are SITTING TICKETS only...

WTF??

I really hope the other shows will propose standing tickets... if not, it's without me. I can't stand a Stones show with sitting tickets. Boring.

Benjamin.

Re: Sitting or Standing tickets for the new tour?
Date: November 21, 2013 03:46

there are GA Tickets for Adelaide at A$79.

Premium Reserve $510.00
Platinum Oval Reserve $350.00
Platinum Stand Reserve $350.00
Gold Oval Reserve $199.00
Gold Stand Reserve $199.00
Bronze Reserve $99.00
General Admission $79.00

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-11-21 03:48 by Gazza.

Date: November 21, 2013 03:48

Gazza
there are GA Tickets for Adelaide at $79.

Yes but 100 meters away from the stage... I begin to regreat Hyde Park...

Benjamin.

Date: November 21, 2013 03:52

benstones
Gazza

well, in fairness you said all the tickets were seated. I was just emphasising that theyre not.

Its because of the way the Stones see their audience demographic

They have an older audience > more of those people like to have seats > the Stones can charge more for a seat than they can for a standing ticket because older people tend to have more disposable income.

Its gradually become this way in most major markets in recent years. They've had it in the US from about 89 I think, then made London all seated in 2003, other parts of northern Europe in 07.

They allowed some standing tickets down front at recent shows, but whereas other bands such as U2 made those the cheapest in the venue, the Stones made them by far the most expensive.

What standing tickets there are are lower priced to entice younger fans I suppose, but the deal these days is that if you're going to be near the front at a Stones gig, unless you got very lucky with the $85 lottery at the recent US shows (which was only really used as a last ditch method to fill unsold pit tickets) you're going to pay a lot of money for them.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-11-21 03:56 by Gazza.

Date: November 21, 2013 03:58

It's a moot point anyway--nobody was sitting down at the shows I went to. whether they had a seat or not, no matter how old they were.

Date: November 21, 2013 04:13

Gazza
benstones
Gazza

well, in fairness you said all the tickets were seated. I was just emphasising that theyre not.

Its because of the way the Stones see their audience demographic

They have an older audience > more of those people like to have seats > the Stones can charge more for a seat than they can for a standing ticket because older people tend to have more disposable income.

Its gradually become this way in most major markets in recent years. They've had it in the US from about 89 I think, then made London all seated in 2003, other parts of northern Europe in 07.

They allowed some standing tickets down front at recent shows, but whereas other bands such as U2 made those the cheapest in the venue, the Stones made them by far the most expensive.

What standing tickets there are are lower priced to entice younger fans I suppose, but the deal these days is that if you're going to be near the front at a Stones gig, unless you got very lucky with the $85 lottery at the recent US shows (which was only really used as a last ditch method to fill unsold pit tickets) you're going to pay a lot of money for them.

You're right Gazza, I totally agree with you. To put sitting tickets only means that they can put tickets much more expensive than a GOLD STANDING AREA. That's a shame...

But I'm so disapointed of this because for example, the ticket they are proposing to me right now in the PREMIUM RESERVE, it is A4, row T... So it will be without me for this show. I will not travel all over the world to be Row T in the A4 area!!

Personnally, I enjoy a Rolling Stones show when I arrive at 10 am with the hope to be front row or at the catwalk.

Benjamin.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-11-21 04:14 by benstones.

Posted by: OneHit ()
Date: November 21, 2013 07:41

Australian audiences are TERRIBLE. If there are seats, they WILL sit. And complain about people who don't.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 21, 2013 08:05

...hey take it easy .... you try spendin' most of ya life up-side down ..

ROCKMAN

Posted by: TE ()
Date: November 21, 2013 08:21

Rockman
...hey take it easy .... you try spendin' most of ya life up-side down ..

thumbs up

TE
Oslo

Posted by: Torres ()
Date: November 21, 2013 09:08

Aquamarine
It's a moot point anyway--nobody was sitting down at the shows I went to. whether they had a seat or not, no matter how old they were.

Sure, but those that eventually do want to be seated don't have an option - cuz they can't see shit.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4849505152535455565758Next
Current Page: 57 of 58

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1907
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home