Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4243444546474849505152...LastNext
Current Page: 47 of 58
Re: Rumoured Rolling Stones shows 2013-2014
Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: November 5, 2013 20:34

I just see that i posted it on the wrong thread!!!

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: November 6, 2013 01:43

NICOS
I just see that i posted it on the wrong thread!!!

Funny eh

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: talkcheap ()
Date: November 6, 2013 15:05

I was hoping for a big world tour. Now it looks like they will not do that.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: November 6, 2013 15:10

Sure they will.

It'll just be in bits and pieces and not on the huge hectic scale of past campaigns winking smiley

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: November 6, 2013 15:59

yeah, south america a few shows, 2 months off, europe a few shows, 2 months off. etc etc.

will be great !!!

Jeroen

Posted by: Stoneswolf ()
Date: November 6, 2013 16:57

corriecas
yeah, south america a few shows, 2 months off, europe a few shows, 2 months off. etc etc.

will be great !!!

Jeroen

so what's the order of the current rumours

1st South America (March)
2nd Europe (May-June)

or

1st Australia/Asia (April)
2nd Europe (May-July)
3rd (October-November) South America

Date: November 6, 2013 17:26

First SA, then europe, then Asia,then europe again.
NO usa in 2014.

Jeroen

Posted by: Mabru ()
Date: November 6, 2013 19:01

corriecas
NO usa in 2014.

Jeroen

what´s your source ?? the same one that told you that the Stones were going to play in the Ziggodome in Amsterdam last month??

Date: November 6, 2013 20:12

In tonight's London Evening Standard, Mick is quoted as saying he was "blown away by the Glastonbury and Hyde Park shows" and would love to do it (go out on the road with the Stones) again......

www.standard.co.uk/showbiz

Posted by: Stonesfan16 ()
Date: November 6, 2013 20:51

If Mick " would love to do it" then it will happen. My guess! grinning smiley

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: November 6, 2013 21:22

mick will go where the money is mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmaybe the USA again ?

Date: November 6, 2013 21:24

Mabru
corriecas
NO usa in 2014.

Jeroen

what´s your source ?? the same one that told you that the Stones were going to play in the Ziggodome in Amsterdam last month??

Not allowed to tell, sorry
Jeroen

Posted by: michaelsavage ()
Date: November 6, 2013 21:33

USA

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: November 7, 2013 11:25

Stonesfan16

Dunno...he also said last year he wanted to do a new album and...no signs of life at this point :-( It's probably easier (and more lurative) to go back on the road and rehash the old stuff than to record a new album of interest though.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Stoneswolf ()
Date: November 7, 2013 11:50

corriecas
Mabru
corriecas
NO usa in 2014.

Jeroen

Not allowed to tell, sorry
Jeroen

any guess when they will hit SA??
I will most likely be there on holiday in April.

Posted by: rollingon ()
Date: November 7, 2013 14:24

TheGreek
mick will go where the money is mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmaybe the USA again ?

I think that Mick Jagger is a really complicated persona, he really can't be simplified to be driven just by the money.

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: November 7, 2013 16:14

gotdablouse
Stonesfan16

Dunno...he also said last year he wanted to do a new album and...no signs of life at this point :-( It's probably easier (and more lurative) to go back on the road and rehash the old stuff than to record a new album of interest though.

In this case he said: “We were blown away. I’d love to do it again.”
If you read his comments in interviews and stuff you'll notice a) he never really tells a lie and b) it's always interesting what he doesn't say and what could follow the comment he made. "I'd love to do it again..."; 'but you know, I've had it with KR so no chance at all for the time being...'
That's my explanation for what's not going on at the moment.

I saw lots of posts with 'information' or 'news' that after a short break they would tour again this fall. Soon followed by 'information' coming from 'reliable sources close to the band' that they planned serious studio time to make an album. Yeah...
If guys like PdB says something like 'we're going into the studio for a couple of weeks or months' that's not the same as 'the Stones are recording an album this fall'; information like that does not come from stage left first.

Conclusion 1: all info about Stones activities this fall was just not true.
Conclusion 2: center stage / MJ did not give any info at all about recording or touring.
What does his latest comment mean for the future?
I don't believe in another tour for various reasons but...you never know..

Date: November 7, 2013 16:56

From Bjørnulf:

<I am looking forward to 2014. The friendship and musical collaboration of Ronnie and Mick T is obvious. We will get to see more of them with the Stones in 2014. How lucky we are to have then both in our band - together!>

You've got any reason not to believe him, Dreamer?

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: November 7, 2013 17:18

When BV says we will see more of them in 2014, you think he has actual knowledge of signed contracts? Is that what you mean by believing him, or simply believing him that he firmly believes that there will be shows in 2014? I think everyone believes that BV is sincere in being optimistic. But unless there is a deal that is done at the moment, then it's not a matter of his being "correct" as in factual, but correct as in predicting the future correctly. That's really all it is at this point, no? A prediction. Maybe not without grounds, but it's still just that.

Date: November 7, 2013 17:37

DandelionPowderman
From Bjørnulf:

<I am looking forward to 2014. The friendship and musical collaboration of Ronnie and Mick T is obvious. We will get to see more of them with the Stones in 2014. How lucky we are to have then both in our band - together!>

You've got any reason not to believe him, Dreamer?

Well I am looking forward to 2014 too, ha!
Serious: my interpretation and info is that this is bv's enthusiasm more than his factual knowledge. Not that I mind enthusiasm - a usefull asset during a show but not something you cancel holidays and business schedules for.

Believe...lots of people like to believe all sorts of things for no reason at all just for the comfort of wanting to believe in something...
It's nice to see RW & MT play, oh yes. But friendship and musical collaboration is probably not green enough to bring the Stones back on stage.
The future: I haven't heard anything for weeks so who knows...maybe MJ is diving into dates and stuff right now but there was no activity to report..

Posted by: angee ()
Date: November 7, 2013 22:05

Dreamer, did you believe they would tour in 2012-2013, say back in 2010 or 2011?
Just curious.

~"Love is Strong"~

Date: November 7, 2013 23:15

angee
Dreamer, did you believe they would tour in 2012-2013, say back in 2010 or 2011?
Just curious.

In 2010 I thought it would be possible they would return for 'special shows' or/at special occasions (the 50 years thing & the Olympics 2012).
I started a thread on September 5 last year because I heard something about a set up for 2013; the step by step thing...what acually happened was pretty close to that.
Looking back: I thought they did a lot of good things for 2012. I liked the whole new light, video & stage design a lot. The minimalism of it to focus attention back to the band & their music (with new arrangements). They could have done the music part a little better; especially for the 2013 part. Each year they need a week or so more of rehearsals then the year before imo; after five shows or so at the west coast it got better but if you just do 21...
For 2014 I have my doubts about CW & MJ & KR for various reasons of which MJ & KR are most difficult to predict what they really want and/or need. CW just doesn't want a lot of shows and at the same time he probably doesn't really look forward to travelling and preparing five or six weeks for 18 shows...nor doesn't he like to do 30 shows.

Posted by: tomcat2006 ()
Date: November 8, 2013 00:34

It's obvious, like in the Prince Rupert Lowenstein bio.... they are obviously enjoying (and getting paid very well) doing current 50th Anniversary shows but can only get insured for a handful at a time. Due to their age.

Also, it probably suits them to work this way - a bunch of shows and then a few months off.

It's great - gives us more time to save up for the air fares or tix too!

Date: November 8, 2013 02:18

The 50th annoversary is over, there are no current shows, the insurance thing is made up rubbish. It's a matter of making a deal. They've had more than a few months off. The whole thing about building off the momentum of the 50 and counting shows is gone. It doesn't suit them to work this way, if they could have had more shows scheduled by now they would have. I'm sure they are still trying, I'm not saying here willbe no more shows. But don't act like it's decided or anything or that they planned it this way.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: November 8, 2013 03:26

The insurance point is actually very plausible. It seems there's a lot of impatience, though they last played only a few months ago (it had been years before that). I don't think the momentum from the last leg of the tour is an important factor, it's not like nobody would want to see them if they waited a few more months. It makes perfect sense to me that they would work at this leisurely pace for a while longer. And as tomcat2006 said, it works in our favor, too.

Date: November 8, 2013 04:23

It is not at all plausible that they are all set to sign but lack of insurance is the hang up. it's just made up. The momentum thing is what they said back at the end of the tour, not me. The longer they don't play works in our favor? I think the longer nothing happens the less likely it becomes that anything will happen.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: November 8, 2013 09:19

I didn't say they were all set to sign but lack of insurance was the hangup, I said it's very plausible that that's the way the insurance companies want their tours to be covered these days. Both age and health mean the companies are running a sizable risk that they couldn't finish a long, intensive tour, and thus the insurance companies would lose money. And regardless of who said it, I still think the momentum issue is irrelevant. See tomcat2006's post for why this all works in our favor--I couldn't possibly afford to pay to see them at multiple shows on the same tour, given prices these days! Works better if they're more spread out.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: November 8, 2013 11:15

It's likely they would have toured Europe this fall if someone had made them an offer they couldn't refuse...yeah Mick doesn't do it for the money only but at this point in the game there has to be some special incentive to kick back things into motion.

Last year there was the fiftieth, the fact that UMG wanted new tracks for Grrr (the Paris "sessions" wouldn't have happened if not and since they went well apparently, soo regrouping in Paris for 6 weeks of rehearsals followed), also the fact that the 2007 tour wasn't their best, the Glastonbury opportunity, the HP 1969 "anniversary" of sorts, etc...none of these incentives exist at this current point and arguably they left the stage on three highlights and have a great movie documenting that, why not stay on that high note?

But yeah Mick's unpredictable, he likes to "wing it" sometimes, possibly because he still likes to think he's a "free spirit" of the 60s and not the perfectionist "control freak' he's portrayed to be...and he still takes chances so there might be some more good stuff for us in store at some point!

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: November 8, 2013 12:55

What is plausible is that they need longer breaks nowadays.

They are not in shape for touring like they used to.

Hence, like Bjørnulf, I'm looking forward to 2014, mainly for musical reasons winking smiley

Date: November 8, 2013 13:35

gotdablouse
It's likely they would have toured Europe this fall if someone had made them an offer they couldn't refuse...yeah Mick doesn't do it for the money only but at this point in the game there has to be some special incentive to kick back things into motion.

Last year there was the fiftieth, the fact that UMG wanted new tracks for Grrr (the Paris "sessions" wouldn't have happened if not and since they went well apparently, soo regrouping in Paris for 6 weeks of rehearsals followed), also the fact that the 2007 tour wasn't their best, the Glastonbury opportunity, the HP 1969 "anniversary" of sorts, etc...none of these incentives exist at this current point and arguably they left the stage on three highlights and have a great movie documenting that, why not stay on that high note?

But yeah Mick's unpredictable, he likes to "wing it" sometimes, possibly because he still likes to think he's a "free spirit" of the 60s and not the perfectionist "control freak' he's portrayed to be...and he still takes chances so there might be some more good stuff for us in store at some point!

There was an offer and it was absolutely very reasonable; given the fact that MJ doesn't do it for the money only why he didn't take the offer is an interesting question...the possible answer? There are also special incentives for not kicking things into motion...

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4243444546474849505152...LastNext
Current Page: 47 of 58

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1881
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home