Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516Next
Current Page: 13 of 16
Re: Truly Disgtusting
Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: June 5, 2013 17:49

fahthree
We'll see what guests I get in Boston and both Philly's that people will bitch about.

we anxiously await but are confident that the floozies will deserve our bitching...

Posted by: micwer ()
Date: June 5, 2013 18:30

I'm not a fan of the "cute bubblegum popstar" guest spot but I'm not that upset either. Let's face it: they've gone to considerably great lengths to make sure that die-hard fans are satisfied by bringing back Mick Taylor despite his lack of commercial appeal.

Mick Taylor playing with the Stones on a 50th anniversary arena tour was just a wet dream a few years ago. And now all we can do about it is complain ("give us more songs", "change the setlist", etc). Come on.

Posted by: forsure ()
Date: June 5, 2013 18:42

huh, I got in the pit for $85 on 5/25 and had a freaking blast. Only been a fan since 79, but just the same I had big fun, big, big fun on 5/25. I'm even really looking forward to doing it again tomorrow. Sure beats the hell out of a day at work. What is truly disgusting is the thought that some day in the not too distant future there will be no chance to ever see the Rolling Stones live again. looks like that day has already come for you. In the mean time, Let's drink to the hard working people

Posted by: clance65 ()
Date: June 5, 2013 18:56

micwer
I'm not a fan of the "cute bubblegum popstar" guest spot but I'm not that upset either. Let's face it: they've gone to considerably great lengths to make sure that die-hard fans are satisfied by bringing back Mick Taylor despite his lack of commercial appeal.

Mick Taylor playing with the Stones on a 50th anniversary arena tour was just a wet dream a few years ago. And now all we can do about it is complain ("give us more songs", "change the setlist", etc). Come on.

True, so true.

For me, I'm not only "not upset", I'm thrilled they have these guests. I've seen 5 shows this tour with different guests.

I've been able to send YouTube links throughout the tour to my daughters.

While at one of the shows my youngest daughter texted me, asking if I could buy her a Rolling Stones shirt. I bought her two.

After this Taylor Swift appearance, they all think the Stones are cool. As far as I'm concerned, that's priceless.

Date: June 5, 2013 19:01

clance65
micwer

True, so true.

For me, I'm not only "not upset", I'm thrilled they have these guests. I've seen 5 shows this tour with different guests.

While at one of the shows my youngest daughter texted me, asking if I could buy her a Rolling Stones shirt. I bought her two.

After this Taylor Swift appearance, they all think the Stones are cool. As far as I'm concerned, that's priceless.

it's quite evident now with the hindsight benefit of a couple of days, that the inclusion of Taylor Swift in the act has pushed the Stones to the pinnacle of their existence as the greatest rock and roll band the world has ever known.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: June 5, 2013 19:11

I wonder how people feel about other bands? I wonder if AC DC or Matallica or the Allman Brothers get slammed by their fans?

Date: June 5, 2013 19:17

More Hot Rocks
I wonder how people feel about other bands? I wonder if AC DC or Matallica or the Allman Brothers get slammed by their fans?

you shoulda seen the reaction on the acdc fan site after taylor swift dueted on you shook me all night long. people are still simmering over that one...

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: June 5, 2013 19:19

So is there something known as Falsely Disgusting?

I saw a lady in a move one time and her name was Truly Scrumptious

Posted by: forsure ()
Date: June 5, 2013 19:23

More Hot Rocks

yea, I'm a deadhead and spend a lot of time at the remaining members fan sites and funny how similar the comments are. change the names and everyone is bitching about this or about that. same as it ever was

Date: June 5, 2013 19:26

forsure
More Hot Rocks

yea, I'm a deadhead and spend a lot of time at the remaining members fan sites and funny how similar the comments are. change the names and everyone is bitching about this or about that. same as it ever was

it's really the best part of being a music fan....

Date: June 5, 2013 19:28

StonesTod
forsure
More Hot Rocks

it's really the best part of being a music fan....

Did you mean to say its the best part of being human... living in the 1st world?

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: June 5, 2013 19:32

clance65
micwer

True, so true.

I actually believed this until the end. Like the best parody, it leaves the reader not so sure if it's real or not. Good job.

Re: Taylor Swift and other guests - all comments go here!
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 5, 2013 20:12

Hi, I'm new to this board...anyone know who the guest is for tomorrow's show in Toronto?

Date: June 5, 2013 20:15

treaclefingers
Hi, I'm new to this board...anyone know who the guest is for tomorrow's show in Toronto?

Leann Rimes...
and welcome to the board, its always good to have great new people join up.

Date: June 5, 2013 21:03

Max'sKansasCity
treaclefingers

Leann Rimes...

with....hmmmm...blind man? stevie wonder maybe?

wow this could be interesting....when do we get the next clue?

Re: Taylor Swift is an all time low. I am embarrassed to be a Stones fan tonight
Posted by: Blue ()
Date: June 5, 2013 21:41

DandelionPowderman
I thought it was beautiful! Get past the name, and watch the actual performance...

Loved this performance also, very sweet, one of the nicest songs written by Keith and Mick so long ago, they harmonized quite well, though I wish the mix was a bit higher on Taylor's voice. Boy, what venomous comments by most supposedly Stones fans, it just must be kool to knock Taylor Swift, a talented composer and singer since her early teens, and ONLY 23 TEARS OLD! ....such hateful people, give it a break and smarten up folks, open your minds and listen...!Yes, Marianne did a fantastic job in 1964, but NO WAY could she ever do justice to this song now, unfortunately smoking ruined her once pretty voice.

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: June 5, 2013 21:42

Max'sKansasCity
treaclefingers

Leann Rimes...

And to start the discussion for all the misogynists out there...here's Leanne Rimes' Ass

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: June 5, 2013 21:47

Nice pair.

Re: Taylor Swift is an all time low. I am embarrassed to be a Stones fan tonight
Date: June 5, 2013 21:49

Blue
DandelionPowderman
I thought it was beautiful! Get past the name, and watch the actual performance...

Loved this performance also, very sweet, one of the nicest songs written by Keith and Mick so long ago, they harmonized quite well, though I wish the mix was a bit higher on Taylor's voice. Boy, what venomous comments by most supposedly Stones fans, it just must be kool to knock Taylor Swift, a talented composer and singer since her early teens, and ONLY 23 TEARS OLD! ....such hateful people, give it a break and smarten up folks, open your minds and listen...!Yes, Marianne did a fantastic job in 1964, but NO WAY could she ever do justice to this song now, unfortunately smoking ruined her once pretty voice.

hatred is just another form of love, you know....

Date: June 5, 2013 22:06

StonesTod
Max'sKansasCity
treaclefingers

Leann Rimes...

with....hmmmm...blind man? stevie wonder maybe?

wow this could be interesting....when do we get the next clue?

Sorry, I give up...who does Leanne rhymes with, and what in tarnation has that got to do with my question.

Stevie eh? I wonder?

Date: June 5, 2013 22:07

andrewt
Max'sKansasCity
treaclefingers

Leann Rimes...

And to start the discussion for all the misogynists out there...here's Leanne Rimes' Ass

ok fine, but I'll bet she's shrill on As Tears Go By.

Posted by: Roscoe ()
Date: June 5, 2013 22:43

treaclefingers

Celine Dion

Date: June 5, 2013 23:15

Roscoe
treaclefingers

Celine Dion

Dion, yes! I hope they do The Wanderer or Runaround Sue....

Posted by: svt22 ()
Date: June 5, 2013 23:54

Posted by: Thrylan ()
Date: June 5, 2013 23:57

After that legendary performance, I think Taylor Swift should be the official guest every night.......the added bonus would be possibly upping the Taylor quotient to 5-6 songs per night.......I will kill myself if it gets any more legendariER....

Posted by: chris girard ()
Date: June 6, 2013 00:44

I think Mick's a genius. They are getting written up all the time and its always about who sang at the concert with them. Huffington Post had a piece about Taylor and the Stones as well as Katy Perry. An observation only Taj Mahal sang something other than a Stones war horse which says a lot about what they think of him. I saw him on the Blues Cruise a couple years ago and he's absolutely great in person. I got to meet him also, cool guy.

Mick is expanding the fan base, don't ever forget this is a business and the Stones are a product line, and Mick's a businessman. Its about money sometimes and music when they are on stage.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: June 6, 2013 00:45

chris girard
I think Mick's a genius. They are getting written up all the time and its always about who sang at the concert with them. Huffington Post had a piece about Taylor and the Stones as well as Katy Perry. An observation only Taj Mahal sang something other than a Stones war horse which says a lot about what they think of him. I saw him on the Blues Cruise a couple years ago and he's absolutely great in person. I got to meet him also, cool guy.

Mick is expanding the fan base, don't ever forget this is a business and the Stones are a product line, and Mick's a businessman. Its about money sometimes and music when they are on stage.

Jeff Beck did as well...

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: June 6, 2013 00:51

Guest I've seen this tour.

Mary J. Bliege
Gary Clark Jr
John Mayer
Tom Waits
John Fogarty
Bonnie Raitt
Katy Perry

Clark, Mayer and Raitt were the top 3. Enjoyed them all, except Mary J. Bliege. I was so happy when Lisa did GS during Newark1.

Date: June 6, 2013 00:57

chris girard

You are correct Sir.

Mick is keeping people talking about them and he is gaining new fans, GREAT FOR HIM!! and is a good thing too, because it seems like daily another poster here is going over to the dark side, becoming a complainer who whines about everything the Stones do, from set list to guests.... and these ex fans do need to be replaced with fresh fans who are happy to still have the Stones still Rolling, versus only having a bunch of old people grumping all the time about everything.

Date: June 6, 2013 00:58

Max'sKansasCity
chris girard

You are correct Sir.

Mick is keeping people talking about them and he is gaining new fans, GREAT FOR HIM!! and is a good thing too, because it seems like daily another poster here is going over to the dark side, becoming a complainer who whines about everything the Stones do, from set list to guests.... and these ex fans do need to be replaced with fresh fans who are happy to still have the Stones still Rolling, versus only having a bunch of old people grumping all the time about everything.

i don't understand what's wrong about us old grumpy folks bitching all the time and trying to ruin the fun for others.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516Next
Current Page: 13 of 16

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2178
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home