Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617...LastNext
Current Page: 12 of 20
Re: Chicago-3 June 3 Stones show live updates
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: June 4, 2013 08:02

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-04 09:08 by bye bye johnny.

Posted by: Alfonz ()
Date: June 4, 2013 08:02

Just got back to my hotel, superlatives can't describe the show.

I'm going to say ... Taylor Swift's ass and Tears Go By is better than any blues cover they could have done with Buddy Guy. I honestly think she did make the show better, as they played a great surprising song they otherwise would not have played.

After 2 dud 85s, for my last show I decided to buy a $600 ticket at 4pm as a contingency plan. Couldn't be fudged with "self-upgrading" if that's what was needed. Section 113, Row 9 popped up, so I took the plunge. Still picked up my 85s, sold my spare to someone for $50.... again some of the worst seats possible. So my $600 plan was a good idea. I couldn't imagine better seats. I reckon better than being in the tongue pit.

With these seats, the show took on another level from being in the bleachers. Worth every cent of the ticket price.

To see my favourite song Sway with Mick T ... Priceless. When Mick said they were about to play the vote in song, I started bellowing Sway ... And everyone around me thought I was insane. As they played it, it was clear that pretty much 2% of the crowd even knew the song. Nor did they know Live With Me. Mick is right about the audience.

I can't be sure, being caught up in the moment and losing my head and all, but it did seem like the Sway ending was a bit more natural. Mick T didn't go on forever, but it seemed like they tidied up the transition from his end solo into Jagger singing the final lines. There was a rough patch in the middle of the song, though.

Anyway, amazing show. Simply amazing.

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: June 4, 2013 08:05

Alfonz

I'm going to say ... Taylor Swift's ass and Tears Go By is better than any blues cover they could have done with Buddy Guy. I honestly think she did make the show better, as they played a great surprising song they otherwise would not have played.

After 2 dud 85s, for my last show I decided to buy a $600 ticket at 4pm as a contingency plan. Couldn't be fudged with "self-upgrading" if that's what was needed. Section 113, Row 9 popped up, so I took the plunge. Still picked up my 85s, sold my spare to someone for $50.... again some of the worst seats possible. So my $600 plan was a good idea. I couldn't imagine better seats. I reckon better than being in the tongue pit.

With these seats, the show took on another level from being in the bleachers. Worth every cent of the ticket price.

To see my favourite song Sway with Mick T ... Priceless. When Mick said they were about to play the vote in song, I started bellowing Sway ... And everyone around me thought I was insane. As they played it, it was clear that pretty much 2% of the crowd even knew the song. Nor did they know Live With Me. Mick is right about the audience.

I can't be sure, being caught up in the moment and losing my head and all, but it did seem like the Sway ending was a bit more natural. Mick T didn't go on forever, but it seemed like they tidied up the transition from his end solo into Jagger singing the final lines. There was a rough patch in the middle of the song, though.

Awesome, thanks for sharing.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: June 4, 2013 08:06

Alfonz

Thanks for the review and how Sway ended, I was curious....
I sure wish I was you for tonight...
Id have loved to have been there and done it just like you did it...
Congratulations and well played on the tickets! smileys with beer

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: June 4, 2013 08:12

Taylor Swift can hold a tune, which is all you really need to do for "As Tears Go By". Anyway, "Live w/Me" followed by "Sway" with MT sounds like my kind of show.

Posted by: OneHit ()
Date: June 4, 2013 08:12

Love the photo of Keith's expression during the Taylor Swift debacle. thumbs up

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: June 4, 2013 08:16

That photo of Keith could be a Kruger painting.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: June 4, 2013 08:26

It's like what Bruce does every show . . . bring a kid on stage to sing Waiting on A Sunny Day. They either should have done Stray Cat blues -- which she dressed for -- or skipped the whole thing. Keith looks like he's chewing nails. This is a man who once swallowed his pride to appear behind Chuck Berry, now look what he is reduced to.

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: June 4, 2013 08:28

Nice picture of Keith.

Where he get them shoes from?

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: June 4, 2013 08:32

Note to video hunters: Chicago 3 = Keith in blue headband. Most people do put the dates on, but with 3 Chicago's to choose from every little helps.

Posted by: kaskatanas ()
Date: June 4, 2013 08:35

Side A

Pretty guest, not good guest.
As always we look at songs 5-6-7, all the rest is the same.
Live With Me (bit bored of this one...)

Side B

Sway with Taylor!!!! (I´ll give my little finger if I get it in Hyde Park)
As Tears Go By (I like the idea they are playing at least 1 song they weren´t playing in the tour before)
You Got The Silver
33 days to Hyde Park

Posted by: vermontoffender ()
Date: June 4, 2013 08:36

Hey look! IORRs who didn't attend the show trying to make it seem like they understand what was going on during the show! How odd!! And, wait....what's that? Misogynistic statements left and right concerning a female performer deemed unworthy by the "fans" at IORR to share the same stage with the Stones? I can't believe it!

Here's a hint; the Stones decide who deserves to be on stage with them, no one else.
I know it's tempting to sit at your computer listening to tinny Youtube clips of the shows and take woefully unoriginal, unfunny, cheap shots at the female guests, while BELIEVING that you have a say in what the Stones do, but you don't. Not in the least.

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: June 4, 2013 08:40

The self-righteous Vermont guy is back... So glad he's here to remind us what fools we all are.

Date: June 4, 2013 08:40

vermontoffender
Hey look! IORRs who didn't attend the show trying to make it seem like they understand what was going on during the show! How odd!! And, wait....what's that? Misogynistic statements left and right concerning a female performer deemed unworthy by the "fans" at IORR to share the same stage with the Stones? I can't believe it!

Here's a hint; the Stones decide who deserves to be on stage with them, no one else.
I know it's tempting to sit at your computer listening to tinny Youtube clips of the shows and take woefully unoriginal, unfunny, cheap shots at the female guests, while BELIEVING that you have a say in what the Stones do, but you don't. Not in the least.

When you talk about it using "misongynistic" and "female guest" you sound like you don´t understand anything. If the guest is Timberlake the opinions could be the same. If the guest is let´s say Lucinda Williams, the opiniones could be very different.

Nothing about gender, all about music.

Date: June 4, 2013 08:44

The guy just likes to insult people and has no perspective on what a discussion board on a fan site for a fan club really means. Yes we are all lonely losers, happy now Vermont?

Posted by: marianna ()
Date: June 4, 2013 08:44

It's not misogynistic to say Taylor Swift gets by on her looks instead of her talent. She bought her way into the business with the help of wealthy, indulgent parents, who bought her way into Nashville just like they bought her a Shetland pony when she was a little girl. She's a spoiled brat who bunny-boils her exes with ridiculous, bitter, whiny songs about them. If she has any actual talent, it might help if she grows up and starts writing from a more adult perspective, then people might hold her in higher regard. Along with taking some singing lessons where they teach her how to project her voice and carry a tune better.

Date: June 4, 2013 08:47

if that picture of keith is during the taylor swift song he looks like he'd rather be shot then be up there

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: June 4, 2013 08:48

kaskatanas
vermontoffender

When you talk about it using "misongynistic" and "female guest" you sound like you don´t understand anything. If the guest is Timberlake the opinions could be the same. If the guest is let´s say Lucinda Williams, the opiniones could be very different.

Hmmmm - If they do invite Mr Bieber, I'll look forward to the posts deciding that maybe he can't sing, but he does have a great ass. Might even contribute one myself. Equal rights for grumpy old women.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: June 4, 2013 08:58

Thrylan

I am a grumpy middle aged man thank you. Also

There's more? Do tell.

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: June 4, 2013 08:58

The video everyone was waiting for...

Date: June 4, 2013 09:05

kowalski

Kowalski it's really great how you post these thank you.

Her voice is fine and she knew the words but... The while thing was surreal and kind of awkward... Nobody looked comfortable. But maybe that's just because chuck is mixed way too high and he's in rare form. Lol.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-04 09:07 by sonomastone.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: June 4, 2013 09:05

kowalski

At least she knew the lyrics. But it was an awful performance, IMHO. I can understand why Mick invites these young artists to perform, but the Stones doesn't need them onstage.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: June 4, 2013 09:06

"As they played it, it was clear that pretty much 2% of the crowd even knew the song. Nor did they know Live With Me. Mick is right about the audience." - ALFONZ

Oh my god, it just became clear. Mick's been trying to warn us. This was a sucker tour. The high prices and creaky setlist were for the rubes willing to pay through the nose. He couldn't come right out and tell us so he made tickets $600, and we still didn't get it. This tour isn't for us at all. It's for the great ignorant blob that wouldn't know Brian Jones from Darryl Jones. Very clever, Michael Philip.

Date: June 4, 2013 09:07

I'm glad I can't have an opinion on how much this sucks after watching on UTUBE. I'm sure in person the minuet was adorable. Did I detect a microscopic bit of cellulite on her bum or is that just UTUBE as well?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-04 09:08 by DoomandGloom.

Date: June 4, 2013 09:08

24FPS
"As they played it, it was clear that pretty much 2% of the crowd even knew the song. Nor did they know Live With Me. Mick is right about the audience." - ALFONZ

Oh my god, it just became clear. Mick's been trying to warn us. This was a sucker tour. The high prices and creaky setlist were for the rubes willing to pay through the nose. He couldn't come right out and tell us so he made tickets $600, and we still didn't get it. This tour isn't for us at all. It's for the great ignorant blob that wouldn't know Brian Jones from Darryl Jones. Very clever, Michael Philip.

You're awake! Welcome.

Date: June 4, 2013 09:08

Green Lady
kaskatanas
vermontoffender

Hmmmm - If they do invite Mr Bieber, I'll look forward to the posts deciding that maybe he can't sing, but he does have a great ass. Might even contribute one myself. Equal rights for grumpy old women.

Not sure if I´ve express myself ok. When I say the opinions could be differents, I´ve mean, everybody could be agree with her on the stage since she´s a great performing.

You´re not asking, but if you do, I should say I prefer Lucinda than Taylor. Like a singer, and like a woman smiling smiley

Sorry by my english.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-04 09:11 by kaskatanas.

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: June 4, 2013 09:11

kowalski

That's actually a very fine performance.

Mathijs

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: June 4, 2013 09:12

The "young lady" Mick is talking about :

February 2013, Paris

Just to put things into perspective...

Date: June 4, 2013 09:13

Mathijs
That's actually a very fine performance.

Mathijs

It sounded fine to me other than chuck but wasnt the dancing together a little creepy/awkward? Musically it is fine but dang Buddy Guy would have fit in a lot better.

Posted by: midimannz ()
Date: June 4, 2013 09:13

I liked it! Wish I was in the USA! Great job Gents.(and lady, I don't know much about Taylor but thinks she was better than the awful Katy Perry clip- did Katy even practise 'wild horses'?) thanks for the posts, I don't believe they will ever be back to New Zealand.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617...LastNext
Current Page: 12 of 20

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1855
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home