Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1718192021222324252627...LastNext
Current Page: 22 of 28
Re: Los Angeles May 20 Stones show live updates
Posted by: Kirk ()
Date: May 22, 2013 00:09

Ola Rio....

Posted by: benroyblenkle ()
Date: May 22, 2013 00:11

yes MT played FIVE songs

CYHMK
Sway
MR
JJF
Satifaction

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: May 22, 2013 00:12

benroyblenkle
yes MT played FIVE songs

CYHMK
Sway
MR
JJF
Satifaction

We want 6.

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: May 22, 2013 00:13

I don't hear much of MT on JJF there, but he sure seems to be there. That song could (or did?) sound interesting with Ronnie doing the high pitched sitarish arpeggios from the studio version, like he always does, and Mick T adding some snarly leads à la 1972.

Posted by: marianna ()
Date: May 22, 2013 00:14

Every song Taylor plays on sounds better when he's in it, and he doesn't even have to do a solo. I'm going to guess he'll get JJF for the rest of the show encores even if he doesn't get any other spotlight type numbers. The band could use three guitars at this point, playing anything.

Posted by: Kirk ()
Date: May 22, 2013 00:25

Are you referring to that you tube video a few posts above? The video might be LA, but the audio is Rio! Apart from that, guitars are 'wrong' for JJF in this video.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: May 22, 2013 00:35

guys, you had me.........i thought it was'nt synched well e and wondered why the sound was so good but then.........hola rio :-) the audio is from rio and the video is from satisfaction. look at keith, he doesn`t have a capo on the 4th fret and he usually plays a telecaster on JJF.

and someone who was at the concert said he saw him dancing behind the amps while they were playing jumping jack flash

Posted by: marianna ()
Date: May 22, 2013 00:37

Might as well have posted a video of Rick Astley. If it's Rio, it must be overdubbed, there's probably five guitars on it.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: May 22, 2013 00:46

So what does this guy get out of posting Rio audio + Satisfaction video? The pleasure of seeing who will believe it?

Anyway, however many dumb idiots like me fall for it, you have to get up pretty early in the morning to fool a REAL fan. Thanks, Kirk.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: May 22, 2013 00:50

GravityBoy
andrewt
duke richardson
Neighbours
Can't You Hear Me Knocking:

please watch Mick and Keith during Taylor's solo in 'Knockin' at 7.09 - it'll warm your heart..pure Stones

Yeah that little piece of business is great. Even back it up about 20 seconds before that. Mick tries to get Ronnie to maybe cue MT to wrap up, but Ronnie keeps missing Mick's looks by a second. Eventually he's goes over to Keith, who seems to joke "Hey, I trying not to f*ck up my bit". Eventually Mick gets MT's attention and with a quick throat-slit gesture they are back on track. It's quite entertaining to watch them make it up, I mean really make it up on stage.

Fabulous.

The guys that made that timeless music doing it again.

Just fabulous.

Yeah and Mick has a huge grin throughout that whole section too, obviously a good time being had by all!

Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: May 22, 2013 00:54

gotdablouse
GravityBoy
andrewt
duke richardson
Neighbours

please watch Mick and Keith during Taylor's solo in 'Knockin' at 7.09 - it'll warm your heart..pure Stones

Yeah that little piece of business is great. Even back it up about 20 seconds before that. Mick tries to get Ronnie to maybe cue MT to wrap up, but Ronnie keeps missing Mick's looks by a second. Eventually he's goes over to Keith, who seems to joke "Hey, I trying not to f*ck up my bit". Eventually Mick gets MT's attention and with a quick throat-slit gesture they are back on track. It's quite entertaining to watch them make it up, I mean really make it up on stage.

Fabulous.

The guys that made that timeless music doing it again.

Just fabulous.

Yeah and Mick has a huge grin throughout that whole section too, obviously a good time being had by all!

Just noticed Mick's grin, here's hoping for CYHMK, Sway, Love in Vain at Hyde Park...actually throw in Taylor on SCBlues as well, now that is the one song I'd love to hear above all others. Also wishing that gotablouse's mate will be there on stage...

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: May 22, 2013 00:58

fantastic just fantastic!

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: May 22, 2013 01:00

You cannnot say the stones are not properly celebrating the 50 years. Taylor, Wyman on stage, some guests,many releases you were expecting : muddy 81 great box set with lp's and DVD, Charlie is my darling superb box set, exile outtakes, the live Archives and more...
This is really great

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: May 22, 2013 01:02

toomuchforme
You cannnot say the stones are not properly celebrating the 50 years. Taylor, Wyman on stage, some guests,many releases you were expecting : muddy 81 great box set with lp's and DVD, Charlie is my darling superb box set, exile outtakes, the live Archives and more...
This is really great

thumbs up You couldn't celebrate the 50th without Wyman and Taylor. They HAD to be asked quite honestly. Thanks Stones for one hell of a celebration!

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: May 22, 2013 01:09

This one's not complete but ain't bad too
CYHMK

HMN

Posted by: BouldernBun ()
Date: May 22, 2013 01:16

Last night was a treat. I really thrilled on seeing them shake it up a bit. Everyone was shocked when Taylor walked out and they started into Sway and
I'd say pretty much the entire crowd was having a wet dream when he appeared
again and they played Can't you hear me knocking. Sway was a bit ragged but
glorious and they nailed Can't you hear me knocking.For those of us who have memorized all the Stones lightning in a bottle Taylor era boots it was an eye opener. I gotta say for 1 brief moment I was thinking to myself, o.k....this is the reason the guy is only playing one tune a night. But Mr Taylor quickly brought me back to my senses as he wrapped himself around the bands sound.That Stones sound. It may take 3 guitar players at this point, but I felt right at home and who have thunk that in 2013? Always a personel fave, Faraway Eyes was steller and Mr Watts punished his kit all night long. The $85 seats were ok (very low upper level 4:00 from the stage). I got my $85 worth 5/3. I got much much more than that last night. Rock on mf's rock on...

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: May 22, 2013 01:17

Yes I'll admit that I am tough to please with setlists. I still think they need to add about six more songs to the show. But I have to admit that this show in LA was very entertaining. Mick Taylor does add that desperately needed element to the show. Unfortunately Jagger is having a hard time allowing him to "jam" out the songs. But guess what, it works. Jamming is very good for this band. It will only get better if they work on it some more.

I thought CYHMK was just brilliant. Sway was very good too. If they could just slow it down a bit. The solos were great except for Mick wanting to truncate it. Overall I loved them both. Great to hear some deep cuts. Give us some more.

How close are we to hearing the entire Sticky Fingers album at a show?

Posted by: stoneman333 ()
Date: May 22, 2013 01:38

Green Lady
So what does this guy get out of posting Rio audio + Satisfaction video? The pleasure of seeing who will believe it?

Anyway, however many dumb idiots like me fall for it, you have to get up pretty early in the morning to fool a REAL fan. Thanks, Kirk.
dittosad smiley

Posted by: JerkyLittleGIJoe ()
Date: May 22, 2013 01:41

paulywaul
Munichhilton
duke richardson

That looks to me like Jagger wants Taylor to wrap it up and having failed that he's looking at Keith as if to say "Do something"...[/[/b]quote]

Yes, that's exactly what it looks like, I completely agree. Marvellous stuff ......

I just watched it again. Mick seems to be having such a good time it looks to me like he he gesturing to Taylor just the opposite; to "bring out more,keep it going!"....he then is looking at Ronnie, Charlie to say, "Wow! He is on fire!" ..at that point he goes to Keith, points at his guitar, laughing, mouthing "You play that way too!"...Keith seems to respond. "Uh...well...I ..uh.hey!"

Might be the kickstart Keith needs to step it up..we will see smiling bouncing smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-22 01:47 by JerkyLittleGIJoe.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: May 22, 2013 01:55

emotionalbarbecue
A basher, whinner and complainer in action

Ahem... they like to be referred to as critical thinkers...

But then again, a rose by any other name is still a rose winking smiley

Posted by: paulm ()
Date: May 22, 2013 01:57

Oh my god...brothers in Stones...it happened!! I'm so high from watching this, it's like an angel landed. So many years we have been waiting for a glimmer of that magic from his fingers, the vibration felt throughout the entire band, yea, even the communal bond it inspired in Mick and Keith, who joked with each other unabashedly with expressions not seen in years.

Wow, thank you all: Stones, Mick Taylor, BV. This is truly amazing. Watching MT is like a phoenix awakening from the ashes, rising in greatness once again, with even new magical powers.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-22 01:59 by paulm.

Posted by: bigtyke66 ()
Date: May 22, 2013 02:02

hockenheim95
guys, you had me.........i thought it was'nt synched well e and wondered why the sound was so good but then.........hola rio :-) the audio is from rio and the video is from satisfaction. look at keith, he doesn`t have a capo on the 4th fret and he usually plays a telecaster on JJF.

and someone who was at the concert said he saw him dancing behind the amps while they were playing jumping jack flash

He was behind the amps for JJF probably enjoying the atmosphere and getting ready for Satisfaction. He was not on stage.

Date: May 22, 2013 02:18

paulm
Oh my god...brothers in Stones...it happened!! I'm so high from watching this, it's like an angel landed. So many years we have been waiting for a glimmer of that magic from his fingers, the vibration felt throughout the entire band, yea, even the communal bond it inspired in Mick and Keith, who joked with each other unabashedly with expressions not seen in years.

Wow, thank you all: Stones, Mick Taylor, BV. This is truly amazing. Watching MT is like a phoenix awakening from the ashes, rising in greatness once again, with even new magical powers.

I have to keep pinching myself. Seems surreal doesn't it? But it's happening, right before our very eyes.

Posted by: slew ()
Date: May 22, 2013 02:41

I am getting goose bumps watching and listening to MT on CYHMK awesome!!! Keith did pretty well on this himself. They are inspired on this one!! Vegas act what a load of crock that is!!!!

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: May 22, 2013 02:45

Yowzah! Mick T put on a clinic in CYHMK! And Sway... well... it can only get better. Let's hope they use him a lot more in TO. Starting to get excited! Come back home, boys!

Posted by: paulm ()
Date: May 22, 2013 02:48

+1 JumpinJack...

What's even cooler about this is that MT is bringing what some would call his "jazz fusion" to the table (2:26-36 being one example); something he has developed all the years away from the Stones. It is an entirely new dimension for the band, and it's basically shoving a hot poker up all their respective @sses. I so hope this continues.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: May 22, 2013 03:00

Jagger doesn't sound so good on CYHMK and Sway.

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: May 22, 2013 03:03

His Majesty
Jagger doesn't sound so good on CYHMK and Sway.

yeah, he's doing that thing when he's not feeling the song and so tries to make it a little campy... there's also a certain arm gesture, a weird twirl, he has that's a tell. hope he pulls it together. it's rare these days for him to be the one holding a performance back from greatness.

Posted by: Thru and Thru ()
Date: May 22, 2013 03:07

Wow and wow again, I've watched both CYHMK and Sway a couple of times now, that was amazing! I admit, Sway still sounds a little ragged and rushed and needs some fine tuning, I'll call it a diamond in the rough for now but still great stuff. CYHMK on the other hand was brilliant, I would have never believed that I would get to hear this song played live with MT on stage, definitely the best surprise of the tour this far! I'm not a musician but to my untrained ears that song was raw power from everyone on stage, mind blowing.

After watching these videos I can only hope that the Stones realize they had been hiding their best "guest artist" behind the stage so far, no others needed from now on. I think having MT on stage brings the best out in Keith and Ronnie, those three powerful guitars along with Charlie and Daryl holding down the base are a force to be reckoned with, hopefully they will continue in this fashion for the rest of the tour as they will only get better.

Word to Mick, you need to relax a little bit! Just let those guitars play, let them finish their solos, they know what they're doing. I agree with others here, go ahead and add the harp solo on CYHMK next time, what's your rush?

Lose your dreams and you will lose your mind...

Posted by: achilles77 ()
Date: May 22, 2013 03:10

Sway

LOVE Taylor's playing on this. He was really getting into that solo beautifully. Talk about nailing it. Can't believe Jagger cut him off like that. It's one thing if Taylor was rambling, but he was clearly very structured here and should've been able to play the solo properly.

Give the guy some time dammit!!!!

Taylor REALLY giving the audience what they want here. Great playing on his part. Super cool version with THE MAN. Finally!! Listen to that audience towards the end!!!

I would say this has been the best show so far. Easily the most exciting.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1718192021222324252627...LastNext
Current Page: 22 of 28

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1522
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home