Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1617181920212223242526...LastNext
Current Page: 21 of 28
Re: Los Angeles May 20 Stones show live updates
Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: May 21, 2013 22:26

Bound to happen. bashers show up following a great night for us...

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: May 21, 2013 22:30

Mel Belli
barbabang
paulywaul
andrewt
duke richardson
Neighbours
Can't You Hear Me Knocking:

please watch Mick and Keith during Taylor's solo in 'Knockin' at 7.09 - it'll warm your heart..pure Stones

Yeah that little piece of business is great. Even back it up about 20 seconds before that. Mick tries to get Ronnie to maybe cue MT to wrap up, but Ronnie keeps missing Mick's looks by a second. Eventually he's goes over to Keith, who seems to joke "Hey, I trying not to f*ck up my bit". Eventually Mick gets MT's attention and with a quick throat-slit gesture they are back on track. It's quite entertaining to watch them make it up, I mean really make it up on stage.

It's just wonderful to watch, totally mesmerizing ............

Watch the look on Keith's face at 1.43 He looks not happy! (with Taylor showing him where the break is I guess) But it's no big deal Keith! There is a new dynamic on stage, and I think Taylor meant no harm, and Keith must lighten up. But maybe I'm seeing things which are not there. Anyway great dynamic on stage between all of them. Not too choreographed.

He was just caught by surprise ... smiled right afterward.
Mick Taylor just walking around like a happy camper, was no intention telling Keith what to do, he also went over to Bobby Keys etc.

Posted by: pmk251 ()
Date: May 21, 2013 22:36

CYHMK: Anyone who has followed Taylor's career knows his solo here is something he has played for years during his shows. This performance is very much Taylor bringing his club act to the Stones' stage (Whew!) with Jagger being a cheerleader! Nice to see the band venture off its comfort zone. That was fun and vibrant. It is the difference between performing music and playing it.

I am guessing when Jagger walked over to Keith he asked "Can you get him to wrap it up?" Keith shrugged "You do it!" But all was well.

Say what you want about Taylor. He has given this tour a welcome shot of energy.

BTW: Taylor looks great. He is thinner, looks healthier and happier than in recent years. I am so happy for him. Kudos to the band as well.

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: May 21, 2013 22:37

I loved all that was unscripted here, and the synergistic effect...pure R&R,
that was precious....

Date: May 21, 2013 22:44

pmk251
CYHMK: Anyone who has followed Taylor's career knows his solo here is something he has played for years during his shows. This performance is very much Taylor bringing his club act to the Stones' stage (Whew!) with Jagger being a cheerleader! Nice to see the band venture off its comfort zone. That was fun and vibrant. It is the difference between performing music and playing it.

I am guessing when Jagger walked over to Keith he asked "Can you get him to wrap it up?" Keith shrugged "You do it!" But all was well.

Say what you want about Taylor. He has given this tour a welcome shot of energy.

BTW: Taylor looks great. He is thinner, looks healthier and happier than in recent years. I am so happy for him. Kudos to the band as well.
And I am sure Charlie and Daryll love this kind of music - Can't you an Midnight, it is pure pleasure for them to play.

Posted by: Alef ()
Date: May 21, 2013 22:52

At 4:03 you see Watts raising from behind his kit a little and releasing a monstrous fart. Amazing for a 70+ year old. Then at 5.12 you see Woody having a terrible itch in his ballsack, at the same time Bobby Keys is looking at him with that 'I know the feeling my friend' kind of way.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: May 21, 2013 22:54

TooTough
The guitar bit on CYHMK is absolutely what I was hoping for.
MT is just enjoying it, and so are the Stones, and so am I.

And so am I. Just finished watching the better video of CYHMK, and even the bad one was wonderful. I could happily listen to lots more of that jam. (Yes, Mick does look like the lady of the house wondering where it's gonna stop, doesn't he...) And thank you to whoever said Bobby Keys was the best thing since sliced bread, several pages ago. That's what's great about this, and about Rambler - MT's presence is firing up everybody, and everybody is going full blast and bouncing off each other to great effect. That's a BAND.

However, I won't comment on Sway because sadly I have a complete blind spot for that song: I just don't get it, with or without Taylor, and tonight didn't make any difference to that. This is not a complaint but an unfortunate fact. I'm off to watch CYHMK again.

Posted by: runaway ()
Date: May 21, 2013 22:55

Can't You Hear Me Knocking got me rocking

Great to see them playing together

Posted by: midimannz ()
Date: May 21, 2013 22:59

Wow! Wow! Wow, first impressions, Wow! I wonder what it's like to BE THERE and experience it live that first time, rather than here on the little screen again and again. Thanks for posting.....hot smiley

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: May 21, 2013 22:59

Alef
At 4:03 you see Watts raising from behind his kit a little and releasing a monstrous fart. Amazing for a 70+ year old. Then at 5.12 you see Woody having a terrible itch in his ballsack, at the same time Bobby Keys is looking at him with that 'I know the feeling my friend' kind of way.

Mmmm, that's good satire.

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: May 21, 2013 23:00

Great seeing the CYHMK clip. It's pretty wicked that Mick Taylor actually leads the band during the end of the solo/song.

I just love that they gave him this opportunity at last. It's pretty fantastic that they're all there performing this after all these years while so many of their peers are gone. The only one missing on stage is Bill Wyman.

CYHMK has to be one of the biggest collaborative efforts they ever did, with each member adding their parts -- Mick's lyrics, Keith's riff, Bobby's sax solo, Mick T's guitar solo, great percussion. Even Lisa and Bernard sound like they belong in there. smoking smiley

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: May 21, 2013 23:02

LieB
The only one missing on stage is Bill Wyman.

Its ok though cause Darryl played on the original...

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: May 21, 2013 23:13

andrewt
duke richardson
Neighbours
Can't You Hear Me Knocking:

please watch Mick and Keith during Taylor's solo in 'Knockin' at 7.09 - it'll warm your heart..pure Stones

Yeah that little piece of business is great. Even back it up about 20 seconds before that. Mick tries to get Ronnie to maybe cue MT to wrap up, but Ronnie keeps missing Mick's looks by a second. Eventually he's goes over to Keith, who seems to joke "Hey, I trying not to f*ck up my bit". Eventually Mick gets MT's attention and with a quick throat-slit gesture they are back on track. It's quite entertaining to watch them make it up, I mean really make it up on stage.

Fabulous.

The guys that made that timeless music doing it again.

Just fabulous.

Posted by: BustedButton ()
Date: May 21, 2013 23:14

If MJ cuts off MT again on his Sway solo, I will be VERY VERY ANGRY with him..... Jagger probably doesn't like to do these songs b/c jagger sounds horrible on them. Mick Taylor SOUNDS AMAZING... let him play...
They sold a lot of tickets with the promise of hearing Mick Taylor, keep it up, but do not cut him off

Date: May 21, 2013 23:19

GREAT GREAT GREAT

SWAY....CYHMK....

THANK YOU ROLLING STONES

THANK YOU TO THIS FORUM WHICH HAS CONTRIBUTED TO THIS ENHANCEMENT

Date: May 21, 2013 23:22

A basher, whinner and complainer in action

Posted by: roby ()
Date: May 21, 2013 23:22

Yes, thanks. Just a fantastic thrill !

Date: May 21, 2013 23:27

BustedButton
If MJ cuts off MT again on his Sway solo, I will be VERY VERY ANGRY with him..... Jagger probably doesn't like to do these songs b/c jagger sounds horrible on them. Mick Taylor SOUNDS AMAZING... let him play...
They sold a lot of tickets with the promise of hearing Mick Taylor, keep it up, but do not cut him off
It is like crashing a plane that's about to take off - Taylor was just about to lift the solo to higher level when Mick ended the song !!!

Posted by: svt22 ()
Date: May 21, 2013 23:29

Were is Taylor's brutal guitar sound on CYHMN coming from ? I like it!

Date: May 21, 2013 23:30

mtaylor
BustedButton
It is like crashing a plane that's about to take off - Taylor was just about to lift the solo to higher level when Mick ended the song !!!

Mick ended Knocking too y'know

Posted by: marianna ()
Date: May 21, 2013 23:34

Munichhilton
mtaylor
BustedButton

Mick Jagger, what a buzzkill. Stop harshin' the vibe, man.

Date: May 21, 2013 23:35

marianna
Munichhilton
mtaylor
BustedButton

Mick Jagger, what a buzzkill. Stop harshin' the vibe, man.

He was eager to get to Honky Tonk Women...he knows what we want...we just can't always get it...

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: May 21, 2013 23:37

BustedButton
This makes you a "basher", which the mindless will not tolerate. I love that they are doing these songs with Taylor. But, I agree with what you said about Mick and Taylor's solos being cut. I think if they continue to do these songs theywill sound much much better after a few times. Kudos to the Stones for doing this. Major kudos. But I guess I'm a basher because I think they can do the numbers a little better with practice, and because I don't think the world changed and that the Rolling Stones took over for the Beatles because Mick Taylor played Sway with them one night. (One quick lister --- CYHMK sounded much better than Sway.)

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: May 21, 2013 23:41

....holy shit.

for years many of would sit here on the message boards and say a thousand times and a thousand different ways"why not 3 guitars"-"why not 3 guitars"

but to actually see the reality of it,its almost surreal.like you pictured,like you wished it would be but even better.when we talked about it there was a fear it may not work-IT FCKING WORKED!!! YEAH!!!

you can hear the stones some girls era mach 3 with ronnie and keith working hard inside and then the classic taylor era sound soaring over,under and through it.that sound system they're using is one of the best i've ever heard.that must've sounded insane live.

anyone who hasnt seen the tour dont worry-you will. mick and keith arent stupid,they know they're onto something here.they'll be back on the road later this year and next.why wouldn't they? i would think next year will be another small tour but stadiums.

50 AND COUNTING....

Posted by: stoneman333 ()
Date: May 21, 2013 23:48

Just seen a short clip of JJF on youtube - with MT. Does this mean 5 songs for MT tonight?

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: May 22, 2013 00:00

stoneman333
Just seen a short clip of JJF on youtube - with MT. Does this mean 5 songs for MT tonight?

You're right...

Posted by: winter ()
Date: May 22, 2013 00:06

stoneman333

Wow, good catch!

Posted by: muffie ()
Date: May 22, 2013 00:06

Edit: beaten by Green_Lady.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-22 00:07 by muffie.

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: May 22, 2013 00:09

The band is cookin.

Everyone is upping the game.

Every concert.

Posted by: stoneman333 ()
Date: May 22, 2013 00:09

Green Lady
stoneman333

You're right...

thanks for posting the link - I wasn't sure how to do it

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1617181920212223242526...LastNext
Current Page: 21 of 28

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1896
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home