Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112...LastNext
Current Page: 7 of 13
Re: San Jose May 8 Stones show live updates
Posted by: champ72 ()
Date: May 9, 2013 11:56

RollingFreak
Sorry, its childish, but that picture of Taylor on his knees made me tear up. He's just so happy,and he friggen deserves it. He'll never play the whole set, but I genuinely think by this tour's end he'll have a 2 to 3 song mini-set and then join them for the rest of the show. Its a combination of him looking so much healthier, him getting to play with his old band again, and him genuinely having such a great time on stage. I'm just so happy! Yeah, Mick and Keith didn't need to bring Taylor back, since he did quit on his own, but they certainly can afford to, and Taylor has done almost nothing since leaving the Stones. He deserves that one last hurrah (I mean he was almost so friggen young to even know what he was in during the 70s).

Absolutely spot on - it's wonderful to see...

Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 9, 2013 11:57

Mick Taylor was out in the rear of the stage already halfway into JJF. I could see him with his guitar dancing and smiling behind Charlie almost all through JJF. Then as JJF ended, he did actually lay down on his back, with the guitar strapped, just behind Charlie. Typically Mick Taylor. I have seen him do the same on stage, even while playing. Then he is getting up, sitting right next to Charlie, and walks up front of the stage to do Satisfaction with the rest of the band. He is "house warm" by now... The San Jose show was great!

Bjornulf

Date: May 9, 2013 11:59

bv
Mick Taylor was out in the rear of the stage already halfway into JJF. I could see him with his guitar dancing and smiling behind Charlie almost all through JJF. Then as JJF ended, he did actually lay down on his back, with the guitar strapped, just behind Charlie. Typically Mick Taylor. I have seen him do the same on stage, even while playing. Then he is getting up, sitting right next to Charlie, and walks up front of the stage to do Satisfaction with the rest of the band. He is "house warm" by now... The San Jose show was great!

smileys with beer

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 9, 2013 11:59

Message to Mick Jagger:

I believe that allowing Mick Taylor to play more will translate into more ticket sales.
One or two songs is fine and dandy, but at least three or four would help accomplish this goal.
Mick Taylor mini-setlist = mission accomplished.

Posted by: roby ()
Date: May 9, 2013 12:02

Thanks BV.

champ72
bv

smileys with beer

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: May 9, 2013 12:08

It's looking good with all the comments regarding Mick Taylor.

He's obviously realy up for it,so it's up to you Mick and Keith,how you use him.

They must know by now what the majority of fans would love to see.

Let's hope 3 songs for the next gig in Vegas.

Bring it on. winking smiley

Date: May 9, 2013 12:11

crawdaddy
It's looking good with all the comments regarding Mick Taylor.

He's obviously realy up for it,so it's up to you Mick and Keith,how you use him.

They must know by now what the majority of fans would love to see.

Let's hope 3 songs for the next gig in Vegas.

Bring it on. winking smiley

Nice antidote to the posts a couple of days ago suggesting there were sobriety concerns or otherwise preventing Taylor from being able to play more. Just goes to show, you can never second guess these bastards!!

Date: May 9, 2013 12:13

This is so cool. I am so happy/pleased for Mick T. Having seen him play a few times in London in recent years, he looks transformed in that picture on stage in San Jose. I can't begin to imagine how the conversation went when he was asked if he wanted to play on Satisfaction......

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: May 9, 2013 12:14

YCAGWYW - San Jose

Tumbling Dice - San Jose

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-09 12:15 by kowalski.

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: May 9, 2013 12:14

Thank you for your reports and these wonderful pictures.

Date: May 9, 2013 12:15

BTW there is a 5 second snippet of Satisfaction on one of these new fangled picture/video/flashplayer/thingy's here:

[www.stonesplanetbrazil.blogspot.com.au]

It's the bottom one - and you need to unmute the sound on the top corner of it..hopefully a full video will appear...

Date: May 9, 2013 12:18

mtaylor

MT is having his time of the life - he is really enjoying himself, this picture tells it all

To each his own, but imho this is one of the most important pictures showed in this forum. It would deserve front page for some time.

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: May 9, 2013 12:19

champ72
BTW there is a 5 second snippet of Satisfaction on one of these new fangled picture/video/flashplayer/thingy's here:

It's the bottom one - and you need to unmute the sound on the top corner of it..hopefully a full video will appear...

love the pose of the 3 guitarists all standing together.

here's a review of the show, mostly focusing on happy fans and ticket prices
[www.pnj.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-09 12:22 by sonomastone.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: May 9, 2013 12:23

Whats even better is whoever took the shot got a picture of ALL the Stones on the stage (minus Daryl who I am noticing is in the background grinning smiley ). I agree its an important and awesome picture. The Stones rockin' into their 70s! They should use this for the cover of their official website for the time being until something better comes. They can crop out the bass player from the picture, God knows the Stones have done it before!

Date: May 9, 2013 12:26

No Chuck and his keyboard, it's perfect. However, no problemn with Daryl.

Date: May 9, 2013 12:36

sonomastone
meanwhile, somewhere in the english countryside....

HAHAHA Classic!

Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: May 9, 2013 12:39

great pic!
he was so booooored touring with the Stones ..

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: May 9, 2013 12:44

This is brilliant. I'm impressed with how much Taylor has got into shape for this section of the tour, and from the reports his playing has also sharpened up. They really need to unleash him for more of the set than 1 or 2 songs. It's what the fans want and it brings a new dimension to the stage. I'm sure Ron won't feel pushed out by him, they are good friends and Ronnie has many irons in many fires whereas this is all Taylor has got. It must feel fantastic to him after playing crappy venues for 3 decades he's back on stage with the greatest rock and roll band in the world and he is loving it.

Mick if you or one of your minions are reading this, you really need to create a mini Taylor set...Midnight Rambler, Sway, Dead Flowers, Street Fighting man and then whatever the encore is. It makes sense musically, financially, and for many of us, spiritually.

Date: May 9, 2013 12:51

crumbling_mice
Mick if you or one of your minions are reading this, you really need to create a mini Taylor set...Midnight Rambler, Sway, Dead Flowers, Street Fighting man and then whatever the encore is. It makes sense musically, financially, and for many of us, spiritually.

Amen.

Date: May 9, 2013 12:56

crumbling_mice
This is brilliant. I'm impressed with how much Taylor has got into shape for this section of the tour, and from the reports his playing has also sharpened up. They really need to unleash him for more of the set than 1 or 2 songs. It's what the fans want and it brings a new dimension to the stage. I'm sure Ron won't feel pushed out by him, they are good friends and Ronnie has many irons in many fires whereas this is all Taylor has got. It must feel fantastic to him after playing crappy venues for 3 decades he's back on stage with the greatest rock and roll band in the world and he is loving it.
Amen!

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: May 9, 2013 12:57

1 more day of work & then off to Vegas tomorrow! I am most happy that Mick Taylor played on Satisfaction. Its a foot in the door. Hoping for divine intervention & CYHMK in Vegas! I'm betting (might as well start now, haha) we get BB King on Saturday. smoking smiley

Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: May 9, 2013 12:59

sonomastone
meanwhile, somewhere in the english countryside....

But not forgotten...

Posted by: Nasty Habits ()
Date: May 9, 2013 13:01

Just found this!

Bitch

video: [youtu.be]

"I've got nasty habits I take tea at three"

Edited 7 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-09 13:08 by Nasty Habits.

Posted by: muenke ()
Date: May 9, 2013 13:02

champ72

Thanks, it Sounds really FAT, Love those Heavy guitars ...

Posted by: Nosnibourbos ()
Date: May 9, 2013 13:02

It's All Over Now

HTW

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: May 9, 2013 13:05

YCAGWYW up above sounds really good

Posted by: Nasty Habits ()
Date: May 9, 2013 13:10

Sorry can't get it to embed for some reason

"I've got nasty habits I take tea at three"

Date: May 9, 2013 13:10

It's All Over Now is great. What an energy !

Date: May 9, 2013 13:12

Bitch sounds awesome! Keith sounds friggen great! I mean come on, 70 years old and playing Bitch. Thats pretty cool!

Date: May 9, 2013 13:15

Bitch sounds normal...

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112...LastNext
Current Page: 7 of 13

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2771
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home