Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 13
Re: San Jose May 8 Stones show live updates
Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: May 9, 2013 09:45

Santa Claus and The Easter Bunny aint safe around here.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: May 9, 2013 09:46

John Fogerty! That's great. Looking forward to a full video. I remember seeing him in Mountain View a few years ago, and he played "It Came Out Of the Sky", and damn if that wasn't the greatest guitar sound I've ever heard.

Posted by: wesley ()
Date: May 9, 2013 09:48

Thanks for the updates. It's All Over is really fantastic.
Oddly enough, the Stones didn't tweet the People's choice (No Expectations) themselves. I found it out from the tweet of the Who!

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: May 9, 2013 10:02

Shit, what a thing to miss ........... John Fogerty guesting with the Rolling Stones ! Drat and drat again !

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: roby ()
Date: May 9, 2013 10:26

Love John Fogerty and CCR. John is great here, what a showman !

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: May 9, 2013 10:29

Green Lady
This is new - we've never had Charlie-bashing before. Well, I suppose we had to get around to it sooner or later.

Look forward to hearing MT on Satisfaction. If he's going to be there for the bow, it makes sense to have him playing on the last number.

No one wants to bash Charlie. But he is playing different as Marianna pointed out. He didn't start out with the style we generally associated with him. Doom and Gloom has plenty of drums, they're just not the patented sound we're used to. Hell, maybe he's trying something different.

Posted by: marko ()
Date: May 9, 2013 10:32

i don´t complain,but they should change paint it black to street fighting man,,or even if you can´t rock me,,not every show but here and there.

Posted by: CarlG ()
Date: May 9, 2013 10:33

Charlie's playing was fine tonight, proficient but not over the top colorful - you wouldn't know his age from his playing. Keef was way off tonight but seemed to step up around Taylor. A few moments of brilliance but low energy compared to oakland. Couldn't play and sing at the same time on his two songs, seemed to throw him off. I wonder if the two shows in London and 3 in NYC a few weeks later is their max speed now, not a traveling tour.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: May 9, 2013 10:49

RollingFreak
24FPS
marianna
Is it just me, or does Charlie seem to be playing more and more like an old guy in an old wedding band? The drive just doesn't seem to be the same.

Well, come on, it's probably true. I'm not hearing the world famous rim shots and slight hesitation. He's pretty much just drumming straight ahead. That's okay. I just like having him there.

Agreed. Without him we'd go to 2 original members. Granted, they'd be the two most important ones, but it gets harder to justify seeing "The Rolling Stones". At least with 3 originals, and Ronnie whose been there since the mid 70s, I can justify saying "well its more than half the original band still".

As it is, there are only 2 original members and that's been the case since Stu died.

Posted by: DECCA61 ()
Date: May 9, 2013 10:54

maybe one song down, but mick taylor on satisfaction ......

Date: May 9, 2013 10:59

A show every two or three days is a steady pace.We can understand the Keith fatigue and the low energy.

CarlG
Charlie's playing was fine tonight, proficient but not over the top colorful - you wouldn't know his age from his playing. Keef was way off tonight but seemed to step up around Taylor. A few moments of brilliance but low energy compared to oakland. Couldn't play and sing at the same time on his two songs, seemed to throw him off. I wonder if the two shows in London and 3 in NYC a few weeks later is their max speed now, not a traveling tour.

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: May 9, 2013 11:08

Keith fatigue? Are you guys high? I thought Keith played way better tonight than in Oakland. Not even close. Very hot show tonight.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: May 9, 2013 11:15

Last night in San Jose Mick Taylor Official (micktaylor.com) played (I CAN'T GET NO) SATISFACTION live for the first time since 1973!

Fantastic - more to come....

Looking forward to a video

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-09 11:16 by mtaylor.

Posted by: muenke ()
Date: May 9, 2013 11:15

Satisfaction with MT? Any Reviews for that One? Did he Play the Solo? Like back in 69?spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: May 9, 2013 11:17

Woz
Keith fatigue? Are you guys high? I thought Keith played way better tonight than in Oakland. Not even close. Very hot show tonight.

the acoustics vary a lot, it's possible you both heard very different things at the same concert. a lot of time people think one or both the guitars are off and it's down to the sound from where they were sitting rather than the playing. i've heard concerts where i've wondered whether keith is even playing... and sometimes he wasn't really :-) but other times it was just the acoustics.

Posted by: No Expectations ()
Date: May 9, 2013 11:22

Woz

I also thought Keith was far superior tonight than in Oakland. And Fogerty ROCKED! Very hot show indeed.

Date: May 9, 2013 11:22

YES !!

mtaylor
Last night in San Jose Mick Taylor Official (micktaylor.com) played (I CAN'T GET NO) SATISFACTION live for the first time since 1973!

Fantastic - more to come....

Looking forward to a video

Date: May 9, 2013 11:27

No Expectations
Woz

I also thought Keith was far superior tonight than in Oakland. And Fogerty ROCKED! Very hot show indeed.

were you sitting in roughly the same place? i though keith was incredible in oakland.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: May 9, 2013 11:33

MT is having his time of the life - he is really enjoying himself, this picture tells it all

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: May 9, 2013 11:35

No, Oakland I was in 116, side of the stage. Tonight I was straight back. I liked tonight's Gimme Shelter way better, and the extended SFTD solo tonight was inspired and hot. Nice work on Bitch and great raunchy rhythms All night. Maybe the mix was better straight back, but I thought Keith was "on" tonight.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: May 9, 2013 11:37

mtaylor

MT is having his time of the life - he is really enjoying himself, this picture tells it all

Doesn't it just, it's the kind of smile that says "I'm back where I belong, what the hell did I ever leave for" ? cool smiley

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Date: May 9, 2013 11:38

Woz
No, Oakland I was in 116, side of the stage. Tonight I was straight back. I liked tonight's Gimme Shelter way better, and the extended SFTD solo tonight was inspired and hot. Nice work on Bitch and great raunchy rhythms All night. Maybe the mix was better straight back, but I thought Keith was "on" tonight.

great to hear. he was def off on gimme shelter in oakland but i thought overall he was excellent. glad it was an awesome show, looking forward to hearing some of it.

i was in 127 (keith side stage) in oakland fwiw and couldn't hear ronnie as well, maybe you had the opposite experience.

Date: May 9, 2013 11:39

I thought you had to believe those who attended the show, no ? And do not rely on the youtube videos... Or is there an official version / concert review to respect carefully ? Need to know ! drinking smiley

No Expectations
Woz

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: May 9, 2013 11:42

Great set list!
Can't wait to hear It's All Over Now with John Fogerty in good audio quality.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: May 9, 2013 11:42

Wow - Mick Taylor playing Satisfaction. I am a happy man. Please Mick and Keef - let him play the whole set. Get Yer Ya Yas Out here we come. Yahooooooooooooo!

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: May 9, 2013 11:44

MT is looking quite healthy.

Date: May 9, 2013 11:45

Yes, he is. Satisfaction with Mick Taylor. Fantastic.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: May 9, 2013 11:51

Sorry, its childish, but that picture of Taylor on his knees made me tear up. He's just so happy,and he friggen deserves it. He'll never play the whole set, but I genuinely think by this tour's end he'll have a 2 to 3 song mini-set and then join them for the rest of the show. Its a combination of him looking so much healthier, him getting to play with his old band again, and him genuinely having such a great time on stage. I'm just so happy! Yeah, Mick and Keith didn't need to bring Taylor back, since he did quit on his own, but they certainly can afford to, and Taylor has done almost nothing since leaving the Stones. He deserves that one last hurrah (I mean he was almost so friggen young to even know what he was in during the 70s).

Date: May 9, 2013 11:52

meanwhile, somewhere in the english countryside....

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: May 9, 2013 11:53

mtaylor
Mick Taylor: "Hey Keith, let me show you how the big boys play guitar."
Keith: "Duhh.... ok."

(Relax, I love both of them. Its just what the picture made me think of grinning smiley )

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 13

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1251
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home