Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5556575859606162636465...LastNext
Current Page: 60 of 105
Re: We want Mick Taylor on more songs please
Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: June 7, 2013 19:07

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-18 04:42 by His Majesty.

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: June 7, 2013 19:09

His Majesty
kleermaker
His Majesty
kleermaker

you bring your opinions as facts

You do the same. smiling smiley

I've never said one or another version of Knocking is good or bad. Using a metaphor is totally different from stating a 'fact'.

Your denial spreads far and wide.

confused smiley

Date: June 7, 2013 19:12

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-18 04:43 by His Majesty.

Date: June 7, 2013 19:24

His Majesty
kleermaker
His Majesty
kleermaker
His Majesty
kleermaker

you bring your opinions as facts

You do the same. smiling smiley

I've never said one or another version of Knocking is good or bad. Using a metaphor is totally different from stating a 'fact'.

Your denial spreads far and wide.

confused smiley

If I could be bothered I could randomly pick any number of your posts and find many instances of opinions being stated as fact.

A lot of us do it.

No recent posts I assume, 'cause I've bettered my life. cool smiley

Date: June 7, 2013 19:30

kleermaker
DandelionPowderman
Rambler was good thumbs up

Maybe it's the way you bring your opinions as facts that does irritate. I guess you do it even unintended.

When did my thumb-up become a fact? smiling smiley

Date: June 7, 2013 19:31

DandelionPowderman
kleermaker
DandelionPowderman
Rambler was good thumbs up

Maybe it's the way you bring your opinions as facts that does irritate. I guess you do it even unintended.

When did my thumb-up become a fact? smiling smiley

Hands downwinking smiley

Date: June 7, 2013 19:34

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-18 04:43 by His Majesty.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: June 7, 2013 19:36

What is this? A Taylorite inquisition? Everyone has to worship Taylor now? Or else...

Date: June 7, 2013 19:50

His Majesty
kleermaker

No recent posts I assume, 'cause I've bettered my life. cool smiley

How recent do you mean? grinning smiley

Just check my postscool smiley

Date: June 7, 2013 19:55

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-18 04:45 by His Majesty.

Posted by: wild_horse_pete ()
Date: June 7, 2013 22:46

Doxa
kleermaker
Doxa
I'm sick and tired of hearing these anti-Taylorian comments by two principle contributors of this site. Keep your Vegas band and die happy. I'm off.

- Doxa

I would regret that, because I always enjoy reading your passionate, intelligent and humorous analyses very much. Don't let anything spoil your passion and joy. I'm sometimes too emotional, even a bit nasty, but now I'm stoic and it feels good!

I like your posts also because you're not biased whatsoever, whereas me being a Taylorian ... well you know what I mean.

hah... I'm not leaving this site, but I got enough of reading all these pathetic ant-Taylorian arguments and ways to sapotage the whole point of this thread. Go on and enjoy some cover bands doing some non-Taylor era numbers or the Vegas band doing some non-Taylor numbers. I just don't get why those people who are in the winning side of this argument - there is and not will be much Taylor in the Rolling Stones 2013 - needs to prove that the people who have have hopes and dreams for something else are somehow wrong in their hopes and dreams.

Some people have really make themselves clear and explicit that they don't like the way Mick Taylor plays guitar or is contributing to the Rolling Stones. I really don't have anything to say for these people. I suppose I have made my stance clear by now. Maybe just: go and enjoy your Vegas Stones. That bad Taylor surely is not going to ruin much of your entertainment experience.

- Doxa

Dear Doxa;
By saying al those things about the band that made you the same as the other people!eye rolling smiley

I've seen evidence....!
Posted by: Fan Since 1964 ()
Date: June 7, 2013 22:21

The Stones need Mick Taylor up there on the stage!
He is bringing back energy and the so vital blues!
Skip the guests immedaiately and get Mick T up on the stage for a whole show!

Whip me if I'm wrong and hail me if I'm right I don't care!

Rolling Stones won't make it without Taylor!

Bring on "I got the blues etc. etc etc.

and bring on Taylor for a whole show!!

Been Stoned since 1964 and still am!

Re: I've seen evidence....!
Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: June 7, 2013 22:24

Your motion has been heard, approved, and ratified. We agree.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: June 7, 2013 22:27

I have SEEEEEEN the promised land!

Posted by: ChefGuevara ()
Date: June 7, 2013 22:31

Fan Since 1964

85% of people buying tickets could not care less.

Posted by: Fan Since 1964 ()
Date: June 7, 2013 22:38

ChefGuevara
Fan Since 1964

85% of people buying tickets could not care less.

Well then you don't give a damn, as an ardent fan I do!

Been Stoned since 1964 and still am!

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: June 7, 2013 22:43

ChefGuevara, ticket sales started to move faster when the word about Mick Taylor's playing got around.

Posted by: reg thorpe ()
Date: June 7, 2013 22:45

Whip me if I'm wrong and hail me if I'm right I don't care!

When the whip comes down

Posted by: palerider22 ()
Date: June 7, 2013 22:47

There would have been fifteen% less people in the audience....well, maybe...

Posted by: svt22 ()
Date: June 7, 2013 23:10

Doxa

Some people have really make themselves clear and explicit that they don't like the way Mick Taylor plays guitar or is contributing to the Rolling Stones. I really don't have anything to say for these people. I suppose I have made my stance clear by now. Maybe just: go and enjoy your Vegas Stones. That bad Taylor surely is not going to ruin much of your entertainment experience.

- Doxa

Unfortunately its not as black & white as that.

Date: June 7, 2013 23:11

His Majesty
kleermaker
A pity you can't hear the adventurous beauty of the journey Taylor shows us. A dangerous, risky journey, but oh well, exciting and daring all the way.

Of course I hear some thoughtful adventurism, but I also recognise when it's just bluffing, a player uncertain of what he's doing.

Seems he only needs to play some modal-esque stuff and people latch on to it as if it's some deep emotional journey. That stuff doesn't have to be there, he is over thinking things rather than letting a natural solo emerge.

This CYHMK is odd, it was ragged, but more inspired at the final LA concert.

Here is a moment of great live musical adventurism. Ian McDonald's flute playing... A true man of melody, not just modalism etc for the sake of it.

Ah, Gentle Giant-LIGHT, HM??? grinning smiley

Date: June 7, 2013 23:21

Returning to Taylor's solo one more time I must say that this one in Toronto wasn't that coherent. Or maybe even not coherent at all. Taylor could play it safe by starting with the well known notes from the studio album and then carry on the solo, but he chose another way and in hindsight not such a good way. But playing it safely isn't Taylor's game. It's not in his musical DNA. And yes, sometimes it doesn't work that well.

Rationally it's wise to keep it safe and not to stray away from the studio template. On the other hand it would be boring to hear always the same solo or a little variation to it. It's absolutely more exciting to experience the unexpected. So maybe we can take this a bit philosophically.

Date: June 8, 2013 00:13

kleermaker
Returning to Taylor's solo one more time I must say that this one in Toronto wasn't that coherent. Or maybe even not coherent at all. Taylor could play it safe by starting with the well known notes from the studio album and then carry on the solo, but he chose another way and in hindsight not such a good way. But playing it safely isn't Taylor's game. It's not in his musical DNA. And yes, sometimes it doesn't work that well.

Rationally it's wise to keep it safe and not to stray away from the studio template. On the other hand it would be boring to hear always the same solo or a little variation to it. It's absolutely more exciting to experience the unexpected. So maybe we can take this a bit philosophically.

My sentiments exactly!

Only having a framework to work within is not the same as playing it safe. Starting and ending with something people recognise is sometimes wise. He still has a few minutes to do his impro.

That's the template he used to go by anyway...

And I refuse to have this taken as no other than constructive criticism. As you know I loved Taylor's first solo in LA, as well as what he does on Rambler now. I ghink Doxa's post was lacking nuance and was unfair, especially compared to the hard criticism from him about the band in general these days and individuals in the band.

When Taylor has a bad day we should say what we think of it, like we do when Keith is having an off day.

Date: June 8, 2013 00:15

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-18 04:46 by His Majesty.

Date: June 8, 2013 00:23

His Majesty
svt22
His Majesty
kleermaker
A pity you can't hear the adventurous beauty of the journey Taylor shows us. A dangerous, risky journey, but oh well, exciting and daring all the way.

Of course I hear some thoughtful adventurism, but I also recognise when it's just bluffing, a player uncertain of what he's doing.

Seems he only needs to play some modal-esque stuff and people latch on to it as if it's some deep emotional journey. That stuff doesn't have to be there, he is over thinking things rather than letting a natural solo emerge.

This CYHMK is odd, it was ragged, but more inspired at the final LA concert.

Here is a moment of great live musical adventurism. Ian McDonald's flute playing... A true man of melody, not just modalism etc for the sake of it.

Ah, Gentle Giant-LIGHT, HM??? grinning smiley

King Crimson, the original, is not light anything. VERY creative band!

Influential to Gentle Giant in a big way. Big respect from Kerry Minnear towards Ian McDonald.

Much respect from me to both of them. Musicality runs through their vains, even in old age.

The early KC, yes, that's a different story.
Your last clip is a beauty btw, the original in particular.

Date: June 8, 2013 00:32

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-18 04:48 by His Majesty.

Date: June 8, 2013 00:48

DandelionPowderman
kleermaker

My sentiments exactly!

Only having a framework to work within is not the same as playing it safe. Starting and ending with something people recognise is sometimes wise. He still has a few minutes to do his impro.

When Taylor has a bad day we should say what we think of it, like we do when Keith is having an off day.

thumbs up

Date: June 8, 2013 00:50

His Majesty
Music wins regardless of our personal preferences and I'm quite sure that we respect that despite our silly battles. thumbs up

As long as we are aware of that it's okay!

smileys with beer

Date: June 8, 2013 01:03

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-18 04:48 by His Majesty.

Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: June 8, 2013 01:30

kleermaker

In addition to rock, I also like to listen to jazz, especially the likes of Miles Davis, Herbie Hancock, and John Coltrane. From many of their recordings that I have, after the initial "theme" statement kicks in, what you hear may vary considerably from the last performance (of the same tune) as the artist explores new avenues, etc. I see Mick Taylor in the same category. He is not playing the same scripted thing. Is it going to work all the time, no it is not. With great jazz, some nights will result in memorable performances-other nights not so great. I like it that Mick is taking risks, varying his playing. From this fan's perspective from the videos I have watched of CYHMK, his appearances for THE MOST PART, have enhanced, rather than taken away from the music-at least the audiences seem to think so by their response.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5556575859606162636465...LastNext
Current Page: 60 of 105

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1894
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home