Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5455565758596061626364...LastNext
Current Page: 59 of 105
Re: We want Mick Taylor on more songs please
Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: June 7, 2013 14:55

champ72
StonesCat
DandelionPowderman
StonesCat
The Satisfaction nonsense is kind of like singling out a guitar during the RnR Hall of Fame jam at the end of the show, where they have everybody and their brother on stage. There's one or two guitars that are meant to be heard, most of the players are just going thru the motions. There's probably a handful of people that believe MT even knew he was audible, and they all post here.

True. Then again, now I expect you to be the first to point this out the next time Keith is criticised for doing the same widdling smiling smiley

I thought the Chicago 2 show was great from all involved. The only time I thought any guitarist was a little shaky was during Shine A Light w/Ronnie, and that's just going off my memory. I purposely didn't watch any tour clips beforehand, besides the MT and guest spots, and the warhorses sounded great to me.

I've gone from excitement before the tour at MT being majorly involved, to disappointment w/just Rambler, to contentment with Rambler/Satisfaction and one other MT showcase (especially since my one show had CYHMK). I've accepted the way he's being used now and I think two showcases a night is about right. The way that the others have accepted him and let him stand with them for the final core group bow is majorly cool. Ronnie especially has been incredibly gracious, so I vowed not to criticize him, and he's playing well overall anyway.

My only hopes now are for a couple different tunes for Taylor. Knocking is a great song for the group, but Sway is not that good aside from Taylor's soloing. It's pretty clear he's either always on a tune, or never on it, so I'm hoping for a Love in Vain spot, or Moonlight Mile, which wouldn't be right to play without him. It was on the fan vote, and was rehearsed, so there's a chance.

That pretty much sums up where I'm at too at this stage. Especially regarding the Stones having accepted him and made him feel at home. A wonderful gesture, a couple of years ago who would have thought it was possible?

That's about where I am at the moment, too. Rambler + another is nice to hear, and it would be good to have a regular Rambler+CYHMK+another, where "another" varies from concert to concert - we know that Moonlight Mile and Love In Vain in particular were rehearsed, and I'd like to hear either as well as Sway. The answer for me at the moment is yes, I'd like to hear MT on some more (different) songs - but people who believe he can just be dropped in right now onto everything he ever played on (or even everything, period, whether he ever played on it or not) - are looking for too much too soon. His appearances on Satisfaction at the moment are more a convenient way of getting him on for the final bow than a chance for him to make a serious contribution to that song, and he seems to be well aware of that.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-07 14:57 by Green Lady.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: June 7, 2013 15:06

Toronto #2 was a step in the right direction. No teeny guests.
Now work in one or two more songs with MT.

All Down The Line
Stop Breakin' Down
No Expectations
Moonlight Mile
Time Waits For No One

Posted by: duffydawg ()
Date: June 7, 2013 15:38

He killed it again last night. MT is the highlight of this Tour. Without MT we are talking ABB Tour all over again. He needs to be in more songs for sure....agreed Schilld!

Date: June 7, 2013 15:41

Hahahahahahaha grinning smiley It's so childish that you have to keep on slagging the rest of the band to put Taylor in a good light - why?

I guess this was one of the highlights as well (without Taylor)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-07 15:42 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: June 7, 2013 15:52

straycatblues73
MarkSchneider

CYHMK Toronto June 6th 2013

that's funny at the end , keith applauds and charlie gives it the big finish with only darryl responding , charlie points at him !

Or he points at Bobby, or at both?

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: June 7, 2013 15:56

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-18 04:38 by His Majesty.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: June 7, 2013 15:59

Blackdog, sorry that you couldn't make it to the show because you weren't feeling well. However it is awesome that you again surprised a fellow Stones fan by giving him/her those tickets. Hey, at least you didn't miss the Stones playong any songs with MT that you haven't heard them play already.

And as I wrote above, Toronto #2 was a step in the right direction. No teeny guests. Now if only they'd work in one or two more songs with MT.
Like:

All Down The Line
Stop Breakin' Down
No Expectations
Moonlight Mile
Time Waits For No One

Date: June 7, 2013 16:15

His Majesty
DandelionPowderman
Hahahahahahaha grinning smiley It's so childish that you have to keep on slagging the rest of the band to put Taylor in a good light - why?

Especially when he isn't really playing any better than the others. The guitarists are pretty much all on the same level now. winking smiley

A pity you can't hear the adventurous beauty of the journey Taylor shows us. A dangerous, risky journey, but oh well, exciting and daring all the way.

Date: June 7, 2013 16:16

kleermaker
His Majesty
DandelionPowderman

Especially when he isn't really playing any better than the others. The guitarists are pretty much all on the same level now. winking smiley

A pity you can't hear the adventurous beauty of the journey Taylor shows us. A dangerous, risky journey, but oh well, exciting and daring all the way.

At least it was a sound-seeking journey smiling smiley

Rambler was awesome, though thumbs up

Posted by: straycatblues73 ()
Date: June 7, 2013 16:39

kleermaker
straycatblues73
MarkSchneider

CYHMK Toronto June 6th 2013

that's funny at the end , keith applauds and charlie gives it the big finish with only darryl responding , charlie points at him !

Or he points at Bobby, or at both?

don't know . still, charlie seems to have a whale of a time . even if his majesty isn't !

Date: June 7, 2013 16:44

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-18 04:39 by His Majesty.

Posted by: Jesse ()
Date: June 7, 2013 16:47

duffydawg
He killed it again last night. MT is the highlight of this Tour. Without MT we are talking ABB Tour all over again. He needs to be in more songs for sure....agreed Schilld!

Dawg, You've lost credibility.

Date: June 7, 2013 16:50

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-18 04:39 by His Majesty.

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: June 7, 2013 16:54

His Majesty
straycatblues73

don't know . still, charlie seems to have a whale of a time . even if his majesty isn't !

Charlie played well. winking smiley
It's amazing Charlie never seems to make a mistake... Overall the band looks tired, perhaps it's the 3 shows in Chicago then returning to Toronto. I saw a post earlier that the upper deck was empty so perhaps it all added up.

Date: June 7, 2013 16:56

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-18 04:39 by His Majesty.

Posted by: Blackdog ()
Date: June 7, 2013 17:00

schillid
Blackdog, sorry that you couldn't make it to the show because you weren't feeling well. However it is awesome that you again surprised a fellow Stones fan by giving him/her those tickets. Hey, at least you didn't miss the Stones playong any songs with MT that you haven't heard them play already.

And as I wrote above, Toronto #2 was a step in the right direction. No teeny guests. Now if only they'd work in one or two more songs with MT.
Like:

All Down The Line
Stop Breakin' Down
No Expectations
Moonlight Mile
Time Waits For No One

Thanks Schillid !

Hopefully Philly will be the climax of all the shows!

See you then.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-07 17:01 by Blackdog.

Date: June 7, 2013 17:27

His Majesty
He makes mistakes within the ebbs and flows of tempo and not so tight arrangements, but he's giving it his all. Quite amazing really.

and by far the nicest guy in the band !

Posted by: Blackdog ()
Date: June 7, 2013 17:27

His Majesty
kleermaker

Of course I hear some thoughtful adventurism, but I also recognise when it's just bluffing, a player uncertain of what he's doing.

Seems he only needs to play some modal-esque stuff and people latch on to it as if it's some deep emotional juurney. That stuff doesn't have to be there, he is over thinking things rather than letting a natural solo emerge.

This CYHMK is odd, it was ragged, but more inspired at the final LA concert.

His Majesty,

I am a Mick Taylor fan but I am objective. I don't agree with your first two comments but I do agree the last two Can't You Hear Me Knockings are subpar to the LA show. While it is beautiful to hear him play he knows how to play the solo. Do you really think he is uncertain of what he is playing? I just can't believe that. I think Mick Taylor just wants to improvise but maybe I'm wrong. I don't want the solo note for note but it sounds nothing like the original.

I was in Chicago (2) and missed Toronto (2) but the LA (2) show was intense and exciting.
To me, that was a beautiful version.

They have only played it three times though. Maybe once more in Boston and Philly. Hopefully the crowd will inspire him in these two cities.

Don't you think he should have rehearsed with the band for more than a few days?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-07 17:47 by Blackdog.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: June 7, 2013 17:36

I'm sick and tired of hearing these anti-Taylorian comments by two principle contributors of this site. Keep your Vegas band and die happy. I'm off.

- Doxa

Date: June 7, 2013 17:45

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-18 04:40 by His Majesty.

Date: June 7, 2013 17:53

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-18 04:40 by His Majesty.

Date: June 7, 2013 17:56

Doxa
I'm sick and tired of hearing these anti-Taylorian comments by two principle contributors of this site. Keep your Vegas band and die happy. I'm off.

- Doxa

I would regret that, because I always enjoy reading your passionate, intelligent and humorous analyses very much. Don't let anything spoil your passion and joy. I'm sometimes too emotional, even a bit nasty, but now I'm stoic and it feels good!

I like your posts also because you're not biased whatsoever, whereas me being a Taylorian ... well you know what I mean.

Posted by: Jesse ()
Date: June 7, 2013 18:01

"For sure he wants to improvise, that's what he is about, but when he gets to it he is left wanting on what to play for much of the time so he resorts to some bluffing, that being non musical coasting. Generally speaking, this is taking up the majority of the time on his solos."
Yes! That's IT! That's why it sometimes muddies up the music! His Majesty, between you and Edward Twilling I now understand why Taylorites like the guy, and why those of us think he's not suited for every song anymore. (YES he once was...in a time and place, far away and long ago....)

It's the "non-musical coasting." I couldn't put my finger on it (no pun intended) because I don't know that much about music. I'll just bet that drives Jagger out of his mind. Keefe and Ronnie too.

Thanks His Majesty.
I'm off to the airport, hope someone asks me about the Stones and MT. I'm now an encyclopedia of knowledge! smiling smiley (I'm NOT serious people, so don't dump on me about that comment.)

I think the MT fans should lighten up. It looks like he's having fun. I hope he is.
Ciao

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: June 7, 2013 18:04

The tour is almost done.. People get a grip. Taylor has a cameo, it's been a great treat. Nit pickers or those demanding more should chill and enjoy the rest of this ride. If there's a follow up tour, Taylor will have bigger role maybe or no role at all. This is the show for now..

Date: June 7, 2013 18:08

Jesse
"For sure he wants to improvise, that's what he is about, but when he gets to it he is left wanting on what to play for much of the time so he resorts to some bluffing, that being non musical coasting. Generally speaking, this is taking up the majority of the time on his solos."
Yes! That's IT! That's why it sometimes muddies up the music! His Majesty, between you and Edward Twilling I now understand why Taylorites like the guy, and why those of us think he's not suited for every song anymore. (YES he once was...in a time and place, far away and long ago....)

It's the "non-musical coasting." I couldn't put my finger on it (no pun intended) because I don't know that much about music. I'll just bet that drives Jagger out of his mind. Keefe and Ronnie too.

Thanks His Majesty.
I'm off to the airport, hope someone asks me about the Stones and MT. I'm now an encyclopedia of knowledge! smiling smiley (I'm NOT serious people, so don't dump on me about that comment.)

I think the MT fans should lighten up. It looks like he's having fun. I hope he is.
Ciao

ronnie being the king of musical coasting , of course ....

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: June 7, 2013 18:15

kleermaker
Doxa

- Doxa

I would regret that, because I always enjoy reading your passionate, intelligent and humorous analyses very much. Don't let anything spoil your passion and joy. I'm sometimes too emotional, even a bit nasty, but now I'm stoic and it feels good!

I like your posts also because you're not biased whatsoever, whereas me being a Taylorian ... well you know what I mean.

hah... I'm not leaving this site, but I got enough of reading all these pathetic ant-Taylorian arguments and ways to sapotage the whole point of this thread. Go on and enjoy some cover bands doing some non-Taylor era numbers or the Vegas band doing some non-Taylor numbers. I just don't get why those people who are in the winning side of this argument - there is and not will be much Taylor in the Rolling Stones 2013 - needs to prove that the people who have have hopes and dreams for something else are somehow wrong in their hopes and dreams.

Some people have really make themselves clear and explicit that they don't like the way Mick Taylor plays guitar or is contributing to the Rolling Stones. I really don't have anything to say for these people. I suppose I have made my stance clear by now. Maybe just: go and enjoy your Vegas Stones. That bad Taylor surely is not going to ruin much of your entertainment experience.

- Doxa

Date: June 7, 2013 18:29

Rambler was good thumbs up

Date: June 7, 2013 18:45

DandelionPowderman
Rambler was good thumbs up

Maybe it's the way you bring your opinions as facts that does irritate. I guess you do it even unintended.

Date: June 7, 2013 18:51

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-18 04:41 by His Majesty.

Date: June 7, 2013 19:06

His Majesty
kleermaker

you bring your opinions as facts

You do the same. smiling smiley

I've never said one or another version of Knocking is good or bad. Using a metaphor is totally different from stating a 'fact'.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5455565758596061626364...LastNext
Current Page: 59 of 105

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1535
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home