Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5051525354555657585960...LastNext
Current Page: 55 of 105
Re: We want Mick Taylor on more songs please
Date: June 5, 2013 15:56

Doxa
DandelionPowderman
RobertJohnson
We should change the item of the thread into "We don't want any song without Mick Taylor". Why on earth do we only hear his rhythm section for the most part?

No! I don't want more butchered Satisfactions!

Yeah, let's keep it all safe and sure. Honestly you don't have anything to worry about if one unpredictable, more guitar-driven "Satisfaction" will not ruin your concert experience.grinning smiley

- Doxa

Did you listen??

More guitar-driven, sheesh... More like sabotage, if you ask me grinning smiley

Posted by: Shawn20 ()
Date: June 5, 2013 16:19

I will take that Satisfaction EVERY time - yes, a couple of bumps in the road. But it was easily the interesting - guitar wise - version of that song I've heard since 1969.

Posted by: Powerage ()
Date: June 5, 2013 16:25

Sway : why Mick doesn't use the plaintive tone like in studio ?

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: June 5, 2013 16:26

DandelionPowderman
RobertJohnson
We should change the item of the thread into "We don't want any song without Mick Taylor". Why on earth do we only hear his rhythm section for the most part?

Don't act like a spoiled drama queen, Dandywinking smiley

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: June 5, 2013 16:27

Honestly, the way those Chicago versions of Sway and CYHMK are played it sounds like a part of the band (the other guitar players, that is - and Jagger does not sound all too enthusiastic, either) are CONSCIOUSLY pushing Taylor out; mobbing, so to speak. One would suggest that things are getting tighter as the tour progresses, instead they seem to be falling apart. I fear that we have already seen the future of this "three guitar attack".

Date: June 5, 2013 16:38

alimente
Honestly, the way those Chicago versions of Sway and CYHMK are played it sounds like a part of the band (the other guitar players, that is - and Jagger does not sound all too enthusiastic, either) are CONSCIOUSLY pushing Taylor out; mobbing, so to speak. One would suggest that things are getting tighter as the tour progresses, instead they seem to be falling apart. I fear that we have already seen the future of this "three guitar attack".

Pity but I have to agree. My thoughts and feelings exactly.

Date: June 5, 2013 16:45

kleermaker
DandelionPowderman
RobertJohnson

In fairness, all the other Satisfaction versions I've heard were good smiling smiley

But seriously, this was really a mess.

Posted by: SweetThing ()
Date: June 5, 2013 16:47

Shawn20
I will take that Satisfaction EVERY time - yes, a couple of bumps in the road. But it was easily the interesting - guitar wise - version of that song I've heard since 1969.

oh HELL YEAH. Well worth ironing out the kinks going forward in something akin to this version rather than the slumber fest they had going on for "Satisfaction" for decades now.

Date: June 5, 2013 16:50

SweetThing
Shawn20

oh HELL YEAH. Well worth ironing out the kinks going forward in something akin to this version rather than the slumber fest they had going on for "Satisfaction" for decades now.

Why do you compare with the other tours? You should compare it with the other versions on THIS tour...

Date: June 5, 2013 17:10

DandelionPowderman
kleermaker
DandelionPowderman
RobertJohnson

In fairness, all the other Satisfaction versions I've heard were good smiling smiley

This sounds like the messy guitar being a later overdub! The entire band sound is muffy and full of reverb from the hall - and only one guitar is clearly audible like it is played in your living room through a small rehearsal amp? Strange. VERY STRANGE!

Date: June 5, 2013 17:31

DandelionPowderman
SweetThing
Shawn20

Why do you compare with the other tours? You should compare it with the other versions on THIS tour...

Well, it was far more disjointed and fractured than the other versions I've seen on Youtube from this tour so far, but I enjoyed watching this one the most. I'd absolutely blame Mick Taylor for the chaos, but at intervals here Ronnie and Keith sound great (and fresh), and I think its because when Taylor breaks the mold, they are alternately freed or forced to improvise a bit. I think they can fix this up and keep the feeling here. Unlike Sway or CYHMK, Jagger seems more indifferent than thrown off his game plan, and Ronnie and Keith don't seem perturbed in the least.

Date: June 5, 2013 17:36

SweetThing
DandelionPowderman
SweetThing
Shawn20

Well, it was far more disjointed and fractured than the other versions I've seen on Youtube from this tour so far, but I enjoyed watching this one the most. I'd absolutely blame Mick Taylor for the chaos, but at intervals here Ronnie and Keith sound great (and fresh), and I think its because when Taylor breaks the mold, they are alternately freed or forced to improvise a bit. I think they can fix this up and keep the feeling here. Unlike Sway or CYHMK, Jagger seems more indifferent than thrown off his game plan, and Ronnie and Keith don't seem perturbed in the least.

But haven't Keith and Ronnie been quite on the game on this tour throughout the shows?

It might be they loosen up a bit when Taylor joins them, but to give him the credit for this tour being a success is a bit of a stretch, imo. Surely, he plays good, and he is very interesting to listen to, but in fairness it is CYHMK which he really shines on. Sway hasn't really been a real success, imo.

Date: June 5, 2013 17:39

SweetThing
DandelionPowderman
SweetThing
Shawn20

Maybe I upload this song to YT with the best sound quality available, as some sort of tribute to our beloved Dandy smiling smiley

Posted by: paulm ()
Date: June 5, 2013 17:48

SweetThing
Well, it was far more disjointed and fractured than the other versions I've seen on Youtube from this tour so far, but I enjoyed watching this one the most.

Except for one shining moment of CYHMN in LA, "disjointed" does describe how the band sounds with MT. It just isn't working real well. Yes, his Moroccan touch to Satisfaction is interesting, but he's not locked in to the beat, as seems to be a problem with him lately. There are too many cooks in the kitchen here. While having him up there is a nice gesture, it's not coming together as a unit.

Lately I finding myself more interested in how Keith is sounding. I'm liking it. I liked him a lot on ATGB with the other Taylor.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-05 17:49 by paulm.

Date: June 5, 2013 17:50

kleermaker
SweetThing
DandelionPowderman
SweetThing
Shawn20

Maybe I upload this song to YT with the best sound quality available, as some sort of tribute to our beloved Dandy smiling smiley

I have already heard it in very good quality, and as far as I know you weren't there smiling smiley

I know this is a weird and lousy mix. What I have a beef with is in fact what he chooses to add to the song. He's falling into the 1973-trap too much for my liking, whether he plays his licks in key, or off key - as he spent a lot of time doing here...

Date: June 5, 2013 17:57

DandelionPowderman
SweetThing
DandelionPowderman
SweetThing
Shawn20

But haven't Keith and Ronnie been quite on the game on this tour throughout the shows?

It might be they loosen up a bit when Taylor joins them, but to give him the credit for this tour being a success is a bit of a stretch, imo. Surely, he plays good, and he is very interesting to listen to, but in fairness it is CYHMK which he really shines on. Sway hasn't really been a real success, imo.

Oh I agree with you. You asked me before to compare Satisfaction here with the rest of this tour. I quite agree it sounds better than previous tours thanks nearly entirely to Keith and Ronnie being on their game and Taylor does not enter into the equation here. What seemed (I think) to happen on this night, is Taylor caused it to go off the rails in technical terms, by aggressively adding all kinds of flourishes, with unpredictable consequences, but I find the template boring to begin with, even with Keith and Ronnie executing better. So, I'd like to see them put something "extra" on this one, with a few less mishaps.

Yes, too bad about SWAY. I'll take it "as is", but it certainly isn't right.

Date: June 5, 2013 18:08

SweetThing
DandelionPowderman
SweetThing
DandelionPowderman
SweetThing
Shawn20

Oh I agree with you. You asked me before to compare Satisfaction here with the rest of this tour. I quite agree it sounds better than previous tours thanks nearly entirely to Keith and Ronnie being on their game and Taylor does not enter into the equation here. What seemed (I think) to happen on this night, is Taylor caused it to go off the rails in technical terms, by aggressively adding all kinds of flourishes, with unpredictable consequences, but I find the template boring to begin with, even with Keith and Ronnie executing better. So, I'd like to see them put something "extra" on this one, with a few less mishaps.

Yes, too bad about SWAY. I'll take it "as is", but it certainly isn't right.

Sorry, I misunderstood you completely, it seems. Hard to write a newspaper piece on leadership research and posting here at the same time, LOL! smileys with beer

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: June 5, 2013 19:13

alimente
DandelionPowderman
kleermaker
DandelionPowderman
RobertJohnson

This sounds like the messy guitar being a later overdub! The entire band sound is muffy and full of reverb from the hall - and only one guitar is clearly audible like it is played in your living room through a small rehearsal amp? Strange. VERY STRANGE!

Maybe Keith or Ron Wood did the bad overdubs and uploaded it to youtube just to stop the Taylor praisings on the internet?
Or one of Keith's or Ron's fanbase anyway

Date: June 5, 2013 19:39

Erik_Snow
alimente
DandelionPowderman
kleermaker
DandelionPowderman
RobertJohnson

Maybe Keith or Ron Wood did the bad overdubs and uploaded it to youtube just to stop the Taylor praisings on the internet?

I would not rule this out, Erik. There is NO WAY that you can get THIS mix from the PA speakers through a small, hand-held camera or handy/cellphone. The messy solo guitar is too dry compared to the rest. I remember there was even a moment in the video where Taylor did NOT play, but still this strange guitar could be heard. But I am hesitant to watch this crap again...

Sorry folks, but if this is what the Stones in 2013 are able to offer - and with an incredibly simple song structure on top of that - I would demand my money back. Like Maggie Thatcher. Oh well.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-05 20:47 by alimente.

Date: June 5, 2013 19:48

alimente
Erik_Snow
alimente
DandelionPowderman
kleermaker
DandelionPowderman
RobertJohnson

I would not rule this out, Erik. There is NO WAY that you can get THIS mix from the PA speakers through a small, hand-held camera or handy/cellphone. The messy solo guitar is too dry compared to the rest. I remember there was even a moment in the video where Taylor did NOT play, but still this strange guitar could be heard. But I am hesitant to watch this crap again...

Sorry folks, but if this is what the Stones in 2013 are able to offer - and with an incredebly simple song structure on top of that - I would demand my money back. Like Maggie Thatcher. Oh well.

Ha ha grinning smiley

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: June 5, 2013 21:11

alimente
Erik_Snow
alimente

I wouldn't rule out either. The whole thing sounds so pervert, and neither I don't understand how is technically possible to reproduce that by a hand-held camera. Some had a mic in just the front of Taylor's PA? And how come? Anyway, if it's real Taylor or an "overdub", the result sounds ackward, not necessarily due what he does, but what kind of mess the result is. Any instrument taken out of the natural context and mix this way would sound pervert and unnatural.

Anyway, if this a caricature I think it is a funny way to approximate Taylor's way to play in earlier version. There is a truth in any good joke! It's still interesting!winking smiley

- Doxa

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: June 5, 2013 21:40

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-18 04:29 by His Majesty.

Date: June 5, 2013 21:41

Doxa
alimente
Erik_Snow
alimente

I wouldn't rule out either. The whole thing sounds so pervert, and neither I don't understand how is technically possible to reproduce that by a hand-held camera. Some had a mic in just the front of Taylor's PA? And how come? Anyway, if it's real Taylor or an "overdub", the result sounds ackward, not necessarily due what he does, but what kind of mess the result is. Any instrument taken out of the natural context and mix this way would sound pervert and unnatural.

Anyway, if this a caricature I think it is a funny way to approximate Taylor's way to play in earlier version. There is a truth in any good joke! It's still interesting!winking smiley

- Doxa

Don't rule out it's a fanatic Taylorite who did this, just to keep all the attention focused on Taylor, I mean Mick Taylor and not Taylor Swift (whoever that may be)grinning smiley

Date: June 5, 2013 21:53

His Majesty
There's no part where he doesn't play and his guitar continues to play. As for short part where he plays, but nothing comes out it's simply because he has the volume down on one of his pick ups, notices it's down, turns it up then continues to play.

I too noticed that it's gotta be real, everything in the footage fits with the audio, completely. It does SOUND like overdubbed audio, though, but....it's the real thing. Not such a big deal that he's messing things up a bit on that exact Satisfaction, he's been great; decline considered, on this tour, alltogether.

Date: June 5, 2013 21:59

If Keith or Ronnie was turned up like that in the volume, it would sound worse; even on a good night...!

Date: June 5, 2013 23:29

Yeah, it's probably real. The thing I had in mind happened around the 2:15 mark when Taylor lifts his right arm and his guitar seems to be continuing the riff, but that could be Keith since it's such an undistinguished sound.

With Taylor on Satisfaction I immediately think of MSG 1969, and it seems that it's impossible to catch that fire again.

Date: June 5, 2013 23:50

Taylor ad nauseam, but a nice sound quality cool smiley

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: June 5, 2013 23:56

alimente
Yeah, it's probably real. The thing I had in mind happened around the 2:15 mark when Taylor lifts his right arm and his guitar seems to be continuing the riff, but that could be Keith since it's such an undistinguished sound.

With Taylor on Satisfaction I immediately think of MSG 1969, and it seems that it's impossible to catch that fire again.

First thing I said when I saw and heard that video - how is the separation of MT's guitar being done? It does sound like an overdub, yet it matches what his fingers are doing. Can anyone hear what he is playing in any other available audio?

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: June 6, 2013 00:13

I thought Taylor did great in Oakland, San Jose and Vegas. The 3 guitars sounded great. In San Jose, it looked like he wanted Satisfaction to keep going. Same with Charlie for a second. Rest of the band stops. Taylor threw his arms up to Charlie, looking like, I tried.

Stones, on the 21st, have no guests and let Taylor play a few songs. Please? If so, I'll hit D.C.

Posted by: sanQ ()
Date: June 6, 2013 00:18

kleermaker
Taylor ad nauseam, but a nice sound quality cool smiley

Mick Taylor was good on this.

Ad nauseam is all in the ear, eyes, mouth, gag reflex of the beholder.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5051525354555657585960...LastNext
Current Page: 55 of 105

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1837
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home