Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5758596061626364656667...LastNext
Current Page: 62 of 105
Re: We want Mick Taylor on more songs please
Posted by: cn854 ()
Date: June 10, 2013 00:31

Taylor looks great, no doubt the RS chefs and personal trainers are helping him out!

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: June 10, 2013 03:32

cn854
Taylor looks great, no doubt the RS chefs and personal trainers are helping him out!
+1

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: June 10, 2013 12:04

Okay, watching the setlist in Montreal last night, so back to the point of this thread:

MORE TAYLOR PLEASE!!!

- Doxa

Posted by: MarkSchneider ()
Date: June 10, 2013 15:50

I cannot imagine Hyde Park concerts without MORE MICK TAYLOR.

Posted by: Thrylan ()
Date: June 10, 2013 15:52

MarkSchneider
I cannot imagine Hyde Park concerts without MORE MICK TAYLOR.

You needn't imagine.....just watch.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: June 10, 2013 15:54

To be frank: I'm afraid Taylor is very much a has been. And has been(!) for decades now. It's a nice gesture from the band though to help him out and maybe secure his pension.
There is one Stone however who would make a difference, Bill Wyman. But he is no longer with them.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: June 10, 2013 16:08

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-18 04:53 by His Majesty.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: June 10, 2013 16:31

It is almost time

Date: June 10, 2013 16:31

Two pics reinforces the humour nicely!

Date: June 10, 2013 16:52

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-18 04:56 by His Majesty.

Date: June 10, 2013 16:58

His Majesty
Thrylan

The whole and then the main playing area. grinning smiley[/quot

Maybe this is how we get Bill back in the fold permanently!

Date: June 10, 2013 17:00

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-18 04:56 by His Majesty.

Date: June 10, 2013 17:05

His Majesty
Thrylan
His Majesty
Thrylan

The whole and then the main playing area. grinning smiley[/quot

Maybe this is how we get Bill back in the fold permanently!

He still owns his, I think it's in his lil castle. grinning smiley

.....and the Prince Valiant hair too!?!

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: June 10, 2013 17:13

Stoneage
To be frank: I'm afraid Taylor is very much a has been. And has been(!) for decades now. It's a nice gesture from the band though to help him out and maybe secure his pension.
There is one Stone however who would make a difference, Bill Wyman. But he is no longer with them.

Darryl is doing great. Bill wouln't make the Stones sound more dangerous, though it would be nice to see him around.

Date: June 10, 2013 17:16

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-18 04:56 by His Majesty.

Date: June 10, 2013 17:30

His Majesty
kleermaker

Darryl is doing great. Bill wouln't make the Stones sound more dangerous, though it would be nice to see him around.

Daryll can stay, but get Bill in on his Mellotron. thumbs up

This is perfect.... like when Billy Preston got to do a couple numbers....In Another Land, maybe Monkey Grip?

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: June 10, 2013 17:32

JUNE 18...

On June 18, 2013 the Rolling Stones will play in Philadelphia. Exactly 41 years before that, on June 18, 1972, I was fifteen years old, and had camped out overnight with a friend at the Spectrum to get tickets to see the Stones later that summer. (Still can't believe that my parents let me do that...)

On June 18, the day before tickets were to go on sale, we had staked out a good spot right in front of the box office window. But later that afternoon, they made us move to the side, because of a Three Dog Night concert there that evening and we were blocking the entrances. (See here.) The next morning was mayhem. The surging crowd pressed in against the box office window from both sides and in front. And after a person was able to get tickets at the box office window, there was no easy way to get out of the crowd. So people were lifted up, clutching the prized tickets, and passed overhead to the back of the crowd.

I was somewhere in this crowd...

The ticket cost only $6.50.

The Stones concert in Philadelphia in 1972 was the best concert I've ever seen. The crowd and the Spectrum seemed to be throbbing. Difficult to describe...

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: June 10, 2013 17:34

kleermaker
Stoneage

Bill would have helped them to reclaim their old sound. Or the "roll" in rock and roll. I think Taylor, perhaps, does a better job in the studio which the recent Exile re-issues have shown.
It's a sad thing though that the band doesn't produce records any more...

Posted by: pmk251 ()
Date: June 10, 2013 18:42

Philly '72: I think it was unfortunate that L&G was filmed in Texas because it was in July that the band gave some of its greatest performances. That 21st, 1st show is something...a blistering BS and my fav performance of GS. Schillid caught the band at its smokin' best.

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: June 10, 2013 19:03

pmk251
Philly '72: I think it was unfortunate that L&G was filmed in Texas because it was in July that the band gave some of its greatest performances. That 21st, 1st show is something...a blistering BS and my fav performance of GS. Schillid caught the band at its smokin' best.

Blessed are those who've been at a Stones concert during the Taylor-era!

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: June 10, 2013 19:07

kleermaker
pmk251

Aren't we in the Taylor era? I just saw him onstage with Keith and Charlie...

Date: June 10, 2013 19:14

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-18 04:57 by His Majesty.

Posted by: svt22 ()
Date: June 10, 2013 19:22

His Majesty
kleermaker
pmk251

Commiserations to those who missed the real thing just a few years earlier.

Shit happens, get over it.

Date: June 10, 2013 19:32

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-18 04:58 by His Majesty.

Date: June 10, 2013 19:45

His Majesty
svt22
His Majesty
kleermaker
pmk251

Commiserations to those who missed the real thing just a few years earlier.

Shit happens, get over it.

Great man, you where there? Tell us your story! I was lucky to see Taylor in '73, left halfway the show in '76, but I would have loved to ruine the Kurhaus. Unfortunately I was too young. smoking smiley

Date: June 10, 2013 20:00

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-18 04:58 by His Majesty.

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: June 10, 2013 20:17

Mick Taylor is a Rolling Stone.

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: June 10, 2013 20:27

kleermaker
pmk251

I did in 1969 and it was not long after I had seen Mick Taylor in John Mayall's Blues Breakers. I am a Taylorite and happy to see him back for this tour though too limited amount for me. MT should have been on Dead Flowers last night doing some restrained noodling in the background the way he does in the Marquee Club version

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-10 20:30 by triceratops.

Date: June 10, 2013 20:38

triceratops
kleermaker
pmk251

I did in 1969 and it was not long after I had seen Mick Taylor in John Mayall's Blues Breakers. I am a Taylorite and happy to see him back for this tour though too limited amount for me. MT should have been on Dead Flowers last night doing some restrained noodling in the background the way he does in the Marquee Club version

Too modest. thumbs up

Posted by: Blackdog ()
Date: June 10, 2013 21:30

schillid
JUNE 18...

On June 18, 2013 the Rolling Stones will play in Philadelphia. Exactly 41 years before that, on June 18, 1972, I was fifteen years old, and had camped out overnight with a friend at the Spectrum to get tickets to see the Stones later that summer. (Still can't believe that my parents let me do that...)

On June 18, the day before tickets were to go on sale, we had staked out a good spot right in front of the box office window. But later that afternoon, they made us move to the side, because of a Three Dog Night concert there that evening and we were blocking the entrances. (See here.) The next morning was mayhem. The surging crowd pressed in against the box office window from both sides and in front. And after a person was able to get tickets at the box office window, there was no easy way to get out of the crowd. So people were lifted up, clutching the prized tickets, and passed overhead to the back of the crowd.

I was somewhere in this crowd...

The ticket cost only $6.50.

The Stones concert in Philadelphia in 1972 was the best concert I've ever seen. The crowd and the Spectrum seemed to be throbbing. Difficult to describe...

Thanks Schillid!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5758596061626364656667...LastNext
Current Page: 62 of 105

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1204
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home