Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4041424344454647484950...LastNext
Current Page: 45 of 105
Re: We want Mick Taylor on more songs please
Posted by: roby ()
Date: May 31, 2013 12:48

.... OK eye rolling smileysad smiley

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: May 31, 2013 16:26

Great clip... great performance from the other night...

Now think about this too:
Can you imagine how mind-blowing it would be if Mick Taylor were to join in? (Only problem is that the arena might explode.)

p.s...
TIP: Chuck, turn off the metronome.

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: May 31, 2013 17:12

schillid

Can you imagine how mind-blowing it would be if Mick Taylor were to join in? (Only problem is that the arena might explode.)

p.s...

Please schillid, don't torture us.

Date: May 31, 2013 17:18

MICK(S), CHUCK... KEITH... DON... ARE YOU READING THIS?

Date: May 31, 2013 17:22

Night Twilight / Day
kleermaker
schillid

p.s...

Date: May 31, 2013 17:35

What can the Stones and MJ be thinking? It seems like this is such a clear opportunity to define themselves in music and performance history!

Instead of just putting on a "show" for people with lots of money to see them "perform".

Perform what? "You Got Me Rockin' "? You gotta be kidding me.
Perform for whom? Fans? You know the answer to that question.

Date: May 31, 2013 17:44

Mick Taylor is an attraction, a great gimmik to sell tickets...

But not too in the limelight !!!! Too much applause during Sway and especially CYHMK !

Date: May 31, 2013 18:19

^^^^ CLICK above ! ^^^^^

kleermaker

schillid

p.s...

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: May 31, 2013 18:30

Great SFM but there's really no lead guitar... Ronnie needs to jam...

Date: May 31, 2013 18:41

DoomandGloom
Great SFM but there's really no lead guitar... Ronnie needs to jam...
Exactly.

Or... Mick Taylor could re-join the stage. Let Keith and Ron keep the groove going with Charlie et al... Then the 2 Micks and the crowd can go nuts.

Posted by: rollingon ()
Date: May 31, 2013 18:45

delete

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-31 18:47 by rollingon.

Date: May 31, 2013 18:45

What about this SFM? Probably the best one ever. The crowd will go crazy if they play it like this.

Date: May 31, 2013 18:46

schillid

p.s...

As for playing (especially Taylor) That Brussels 73 version is unreal but as for Jagger's voice it could be even better, now when Jagger's voice is in very good condition they could even top that. cool smiley

Taylor is playing in this song a little bit of "progressive rock" style, maybe The Rolling Stones could have been also a very good progressive rock band if Taylor would have been the musical director of the band.

The tempo is quite fast in that Brussels version, they haven't really played the song that fast since the comeback in 89?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-31 18:57 by rollingon.

Posted by: MarkSchneider ()
Date: May 31, 2013 21:09

I am crying

Date: May 31, 2013 21:30

MarkSchneider

I am crying

This is not rock'n roll anymore, this is ART.

Posted by: pmk251 ()
Date: June 1, 2013 00:15

Well, it's a little unfair to clobber the present day band (with or without Taylor) with two of its greatest performances. The well known Wembley SFM is the show closer and it is supposed to be over-the-top, intense, mind blowing. a bit daffy... and it is. And its all wrapped up in about 5 minutes. The Philly GS performance is arguably the best of that era and my fav.

But while we are on the subject of SFM, here's another one (It ain't over until MT hits those last notes):

(That high note Taylor is holding at the beginning is left over from the end of JJF. He links the two songs with that sustained note. Just another Taylor touch.)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-01 00:19 by pmk251.

Date: June 1, 2013 01:14

This one tonight please

Date: June 1, 2013 01:26

Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: June 1, 2013 03:24

I've watched different videos on U TUBE of Mick Taylor's performance on Can't You Hear Me Knocking from the west coast. He just brings added color and life to that tune on the concert stage that you can clearly see from videos how the Stones and the audience are into it and demonstrate their appreciation so favorably...Come on Rolling Stones, time is wasting...

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: June 1, 2013 03:30

kleermaker
What about this SFM? Probably the best one ever. The crowd will go crazy if they play it like this.

i love this frenzied version of SFM but they'll never sound or play that way again.

the tempo is almost half of that, when they play it now. still i'd love to hear Taylor play on it. it would bring it to life..

Posted by: kpl ()
Date: June 1, 2013 06:40

The quality of the SOUND of the band is sensational when Mick Taylor has been on the stage this tour for the 3 tracks I have heard him play(Midnight Rambler, Sway, Cant you hear me knocking, and satisfaction). I always remember Bill Wymans comment in his biography that the band never sounded better than they did with MT. Has anyone heard or has a copy of the Love in Vain performance by MT on the first date of this tour in the LA club? Would love to hear it as well.
Mick Taylor is great. Glad fans are getting to see him and the impact he has -he makes the Stones relevant again.
Unfortuately, the first time I saw them in 75 he had already left.

Posted by: BustedButton ()
Date: June 1, 2013 08:34

We still want Mick Taylor on more songs, please!

Posted by: MarkSchneider ()
Date: June 1, 2013 09:44

Why not a CYHMK ? Done

Date: June 1, 2013 10:19

duke richardson
kleermaker

i love this frenzied version of SFM but they'll never sound or play that way again.

the tempo is almost half of that, when they play it now. still i'd love to hear Taylor play on it. it would bring it to life..

On the other hand we are very lucky that the Stones ever found someone like Mick Taylor to play with them for several years and record with them on many fantastic records and play many amazing concerts and that we have high quality recordings from some of those concerts, there is so much to be grateful for...

Of course I'd like to him to play as much as possible on the current tour too and also even to record with them in the future.

Which is sad really, is that for a such virtuous player his career never really took off after he left the Stones, it's so odd.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-01 11:44 by rollingon.

Posted by: bonddm ()
Date: June 1, 2013 11:41

I think they should slot Love In. Vain in after Keith's set and before Rambler.

Date: June 1, 2013 11:46

bonddm
I think they should slot Love In. Vain in after Keith's set and before Rambler.

Agreed. Love in Vain with Mick Taylor playing lead could be really something special.

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: June 1, 2013 11:59

Why would we want more Taylor? I think this is just awful:

Why the hell doesn't he have a 5 minute listen to the album version? Why is he just noodling his way through some boring jazz fusion finger practising runs?

Mathijs

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-01 13:26 by Mathijs.

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: June 1, 2013 12:00

Mathijs

Why the hell doesn't he have a 5 minute listen to the album version? Why is he just noodling his way through some bring jazz fusion finger practising runs?

Mathijs

he is getting old, like the rest of them, and us. i agree it was very disappointing. but it's still great to see them getting together and giving it one last go.

Date: June 1, 2013 12:29

Mathijs

Why the hell doesn't he have a 5 minute listen to the album version? Why is he just noodling his way through some bring jazz fusion finger practising runs?

Mathijs

I agree that this is quite different from the album version, but still I liked it very much, I wasn't there myself but the applause from the audience was really loud based on the video clip so I think that the audience liked it as well.

Date: June 1, 2013 14:12

rollingon
Mathijs

Mathijs

I agree that this is quite different from the album version, but still I liked it very much, I wasn't there myself but the applause from the audience was really loud based on the video clip so I think that the audience liked it as well.

Of course it's different from the album version! Taylor never plays his solos like on the studio versions (Dead Flowers for example). He's a musician after all. Not limited to one musical formula, but combining the best. And the result here is beautiful. Not only very nice licks during the first part, but a wonderful and very well structured solo at the end.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4041424344454647484950...LastNext
Current Page: 45 of 105

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2430
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home