Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3738394041424344454647...LastNext
Current Page: 42 of 105
Re: We want Mick Taylor on more songs please
Posted by: rollingon ()
Date: May 28, 2013 11:24

Doxa
duffydawg
MJ: For Chicago shoes - ditch the guest and just give MT the balance of time.

Prediction: Jennifer Hudson onstage. (Typical MJ desire)

More logical prediction: Buddy Guy.

Well, they could have Taylor there to trade solos with Buddy - so that the embarrasing scenario of SHINE A LIGHT not would be rehappen. Although both Keith and Ronnie have been in a better shape this time, and I think managed well with soloing with the guests - Keith even showing Jeff Beck his place.

- Doxa

I think Keith plays always better the angrier he is, someone should really piss him off, then we could hear some really good Keith Richards - playing.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: May 28, 2013 11:35

rollingon
Doxa
duffydawg
MJ: For Chicago shoes - ditch the guest and just give MT the balance of time.

Prediction: Jennifer Hudson onstage. (Typical MJ desire)

More logical prediction: Buddy Guy.

Well, they could have Taylor there to trade solos with Buddy - so that the embarrasing scenario of SHINE A LIGHT not would be rehappen. Although both Keith and Ronnie have been in a better shape this time, and I think managed well with soloing with the guests - Keith even showing Jeff Beck his place.

- Doxa

I think Keith plays always better the angrier he is, someone should really piss him off, then we could hear some really good Keith Richards - playing.

Yeah, Keith if anyone is an attitude player. I guess some of his "renessaince" in his playing during this tour, has to do with proving people (starting with Jagger) that he can still do it. Especially during A BIGGER BANG tour Keith was in way too much in his comfort zone, and I think get to used to that that he can get away with anything, just being "Keef" and be there at present. I think especially SHINE A LIGHT is a sad document of that .Now he has more edge and point in his playing.

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-28 11:37 by Doxa.

Posted by: muffie ()
Date: May 28, 2013 11:45

Good argument for MT to be more involved is authenticity - let MT play the guitar parts he created. Then get him to help fill out their guitar sound with non-MT tracks such as their harder rocking IORR. Haven't heard a decent live version of IORR yet. A way in which the RS could honor this messageboard smiling smiley

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: May 28, 2013 12:56

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-18 02:51 by His Majesty.

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: May 28, 2013 14:14

I fear that we see tonight only the rhythm section of Mick Taylor again with the exception of MR and SF.

Date: May 28, 2013 15:36

RobertJohnson
I fear that we see tonight only the rhythm section of Mick Taylor again with the exception of MR and SF.

The Rhythm Section of Mick Taylor - previously known as The Rolling Stones.

Date: May 28, 2013 15:49

Rolling Stones without MT on stage = Rolling Stones

Rolling Stones with MT on stage = Rolling Stones

I prefer Rolling Stones with MT on stage as it means the band is facing a challenge (Keith has said umpteeth times this band is a evolving one..."let's see where we do arrive"...). But I do not mind if they run away and abandon the challenge and they just play a 50th anniversary party tour (as they are doing it extremely well, according to iorr.org reports).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-28 15:51 by emotionalbarbecue.

Re: Whay Not Use Taylor More. You are Dragging his ass all over the Country
Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: May 28, 2013 17:31

JumpinJackOLantern
Munichhilton
It's like having Joe Montana in a playoff game and leaving him on the bench...the Stones don't want the win...they want the tie...

SFM without T was odd...

The same could be said about them not recording a new album. Except for it's a loss to the Beatles in the Super Bowl of Rock 'N Roll.

But a new Stones album would very likely stink...like a 4th quarter interception...

Posted by: Shawn20 ()
Date: May 28, 2013 17:43

The word baffling comes to mind as to the lack of Taylor's participation on this 50 and counting ANNIVERSARY tour. The tour is a celebration of the past and Taylor was certainly a major force on that glorious past. The idea that he's just a guest - he SHOULD be limited is silly. He lifts the band - the energy increases, the fans at the arena visibly love it - why not include him more. Others have said it - but it is baffling.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: May 28, 2013 19:01

Heres hoping for 4 songs from MT tonight,or any night realy.

One of them solo-ing on Satisfaction,or Love in Vain,or anything realy. winking smiley

Posted by: OpenG ()
Date: May 28, 2013 19:08

Yes lets all hope 4 songs - I hope Buddy Guy is backstage and he really respects MT as a player over the years same with Albert King( he got MT in some blues movie like last year when King suggested they call on MT for movie. I hope Buddy gets to jam with MT either onstage or backstage. Do you think MJ cares what Buddy guy thinks as he shacks his head and wonders why MT is not on stage for more songs. I hope Slash was backstage in LA and jamed with MT. His favorite solo ever is MT's on dead flowers.

play the guitar boy

Date: May 28, 2013 20:01

OpenG
Yes lets all hope 4 songs - I hope Buddy Guy is backstage and he really respects MT as a player over the years same with Albert King( he got MT in some blues movie like last year when King suggested they call on MT for movie. I hope Buddy gets to jam with MT either onstage or backstage. Do you think MJ cares what Buddy guy thinks as he shacks his head and wonders why MT is not on stage for more songs. I hope Slash was backstage in LA and jamed with MT. His favorite solo ever is MT's on dead flowers.

play the guitar boy

Slash would be one of the very few people I would be really interested to see as a guest, not some bimbos singing songs they don't even know...I hope we will see him as a guest in the future but the most important thing is that Mick Taylor will get more playtime.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-28 20:07 by rollingon.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: May 28, 2013 20:12

OpenG

play the guitar boy

OK..
Now those of us who see this non-stop whine fest about the good ole days and
Mick Taylor (who somehow found any real measurable success unattainable as a solo)
as laughable and ludicrous, need to stop taunting the "Taylorite's" with obvious sarcastic delusional posts like this drivel.

Enough already.

Posted by: beachbreak ()
Date: May 28, 2013 20:37

"The word baffling comes to mind as to the lack of Taylor's participation on this 50 and counting ANNIVERSARY tour. The tour is a celebration of the past and Taylor was certainly a major force on that glorious past. The idea that he's just a guest - he SHOULD be limited is silly. He lifts the band - the energy increases, the fans at the arena visibly love it - why not include him more. Others have said it - but it is baffling."

Agreed, he is fantastic and elevates the show. But........Mick Taylor is a Rolling Stone no more. He was a Stone for 6 years then quit the band. Ronnie has been a Stone for over 30 years. This fact alone limits his playing time on this tour as it did for Bill Wyman in December.

PS - I love Mick Taylor and that Stones era, he makes the band better, but so would Eric Clapton, Jeff Beck, Jimmy Paige, etc, all non-Stones like MT.

Date: May 28, 2013 20:50

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-18 02:51 by His Majesty.

Posted by: roby ()
Date: May 28, 2013 20:59

Blah, blah, blah...

Music, Jagger happiness, crowd enthusiasm after a wonderful Taylor solo...

Hey, would they play it again this year without Taylor after this ? Just to compare smiling smiley

Posted by: svt22 ()
Date: May 28, 2013 21:18

I would love to see Taylor perform together with Jeff Beck and the Stones.
The last minutes of Taylor's solo on CYHMN and Jeff Beck on GD encouraged them to make real music. It would be a hell of a shooting gallery.cool smiley

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: May 28, 2013 21:41

svt22
The last minutes of Taylor's solo on CYHMN and Jeff Beck on GD encouraged them to make real music. It would be a hell of a shooting gallery.cool smiley

nooooo..no JB!

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: May 28, 2013 21:44

svt22

The Stones don't need Jeff Beck. They need Taylor. No other guitarist understands and feels the Stones music better than he does (except Keith of course).

Date: May 28, 2013 21:53

kleermaker
svt22

The Stones don't need Jeff Beck. They need Taylor. No other guitarist understands and feels the Stones music better than he does (except Keith of course).

There are a lot of similarities between Jeff and Mick that fits the Stones very well. They got a similiar tone, play a splendid slide, have a sleazy way of noodling and can be melodic like heaven. Yes kleer, I see a lot of possibilities there.

It takes us back to the 7-tees though.

But Keith is an essential part of the Stones.

Date: May 28, 2013 22:15

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-18 02:54 by His Majesty.

Date: May 28, 2013 22:18

I'm thinking of him like he played on "wired", just for one song of course.

I like this sweet little piece Keith is doing here btw.

Date: May 28, 2013 23:13

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-18 03:00 by His Majesty.

Date: May 29, 2013 00:26

OpenG

play the guitar boy

Slash was there. Haven't heard him say anything about Taylor in particular, slthough he loved the show.

Posted by: wopperla ()
Date: May 29, 2013 01:32

I love him too but think about it...He was in the band for 5 years out of fifty!

Date: May 29, 2013 01:36

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-18 03:03 by His Majesty.

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: May 29, 2013 01:47

His Majesty
wopperla
I love him too but think about it...He was in the band for 5 years out of fifty!

4 and a half-ish.

From somewhere in June 69 until somewhere in December 74. That makes exactly 5,5 years. It's so easy. But it's not about quantity but about quality. So this years question is plain stupid anyway.

Who would say Wood was more important than Jones because he was in the band X times longer than Brian? No one, I hope.

Date: May 29, 2013 02:08

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-18 03:04 by His Majesty.

Posted by: SweetThing ()
Date: May 29, 2013 02:10

wopperla

I realize, but Taylor does elevate the show. And for that reason I wish he were on more songs - By all accounts Keith and Ronnie are playing better, but the format is a bit stale (for me at least) and the warhorses could use a shot in the arm still.

No slight on Ron Wood really. If I had my druthers, Woody would get a lead vocal or two like Keith does. Maybe "I can feel the fire" or similar.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: May 29, 2013 02:11

SweetThing
wopperla

I realize, but Taylor does elevate the show. And for that reason I wish he were on more songs - By all accounts Keith and Ronnie are playing better, but the format is a bit stale (for me at least) and the warhorses could use a shot in the arm still.

No slight on Ron Wood really. If I had my druthers, Woody would get a lead vocal or two like Keith does. Maybe "I can feel the fire" or similar.

Mick doesn't care about others druthers...only his own druthers...

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3738394041424344454647...LastNext
Current Page: 42 of 105

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2107
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home